PDA

View Full Version : Burning Crusade Collector's Edition Officially Announced

Warlock
10-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Blizzard, perhaps <A HREF="http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=30083112&pageNo=1">realizing the cat's already out of the bag</a>, decided to <A HREF="http://worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/collectors.html">Officially Announce the Burning Crusade Collector's Edition</a>. The page includes both the CE's contents, as well as box art for both the CE *and* the standard edition. Definately check that out.

P.S. - I'd like to point out also, they mention the DVD will include "trailers and cinematics from the game". I think that's a nice little confirmation that BC will indeed have a new cinematic cutscene (which was somewhat in question since WoW itself only has one, and we've never seen or heard anything on a BC cinematic).

Timolas
10-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Hopefully they put the death of Archimonde cinematic after the CoT Hjal is won. Would make sense and be pretty cool.

Warlock
10-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Actually the contents are pretty expected. The only real surprise was the mousepad :P Swapping the mousepad for the cloth map of the WoW CE, the contents are nearly identical (just "BC themed")

Timolas
10-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Will you try to get it? I think I will.

Yuber8900
10-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Ohhhhhhhh Netherwhelpy!

Creative
10-04-2006, 11:38 AM
The standard edition box looks kind of cool, but why is the color of the BC green?

I think red or black would make more sense, but then again, Green is the color of Fel Magic, so...

Maybe it does make sense.

Rebirth
10-04-2006, 01:00 PM
i always wanted teh WoW CE but they ran out before I got it. Know anywhere I can get oen tehse days? lol

And Ima try to get the CE but the otehr bos is pretty cool.... and it goes along with my first WoW box.

ARM3481
10-04-2006, 07:11 PM
I think that's a nice little confirmation that BC will indeed have a new cinematic cutscene (which was somewhat in question since WoW itself only has one, and we've never seen or heard anything on a BC cinematic).

I was kinda wondering just what they were paying the cinematic team to do with thier time these days. With ever fewer cinematics in each new game (they must've really gotten their money's worth in man hours out of the cinematic crew with Starcraft), I was half afraid that whole department was just sitting around crossing their fingers and hoping whatever work they put into SC:Ghost wouldn't go to waste.

Kerrah
10-05-2006, 05:10 AM
I was kinda wondering just what they were paying the cinematic team to do with thier time these days. With ever fewer cinematics in each new game (they must've really gotten their money's worth in man hours out of the cinematic crew with Starcraft), I was half afraid that whole department was just sitting around crossing their fingers and hoping whatever work they put into SC:Ghost wouldn't go to waste.
And I was really angry that tFT had only two cinematics!

Kenzuki
10-05-2006, 05:32 AM
The Illidan one was ok but it was Arthas' Transcendence that stole the show for me. "Now...we are...one!"

Kerrah
10-05-2006, 05:52 AM
I think the Beginning one for tFT is too uneventful.

Timolas
10-05-2006, 08:12 AM
I wanted a Long Time Coming to be CGI, not some weird ingame mix thingie.
They should have made cinematics for each campaign! Illidan going to Outland after the Night Elf Campaign, Kael, Illidan and Vashj talking to Kil'jaeden, but in a cinematic! As for the Rexxar campaign, no idea.

Kerrah
10-05-2006, 09:39 AM
As for the Rexxar campaign, no idea.
A climatic Rexxar VS Proudmoore duel and Jaina makes up with Thrall.

Yuber8900
10-05-2006, 03:11 PM
The expansions were always light on cutscences anyway.

ARM3481
10-06-2006, 12:13 AM
The expansions were always light on cutscences anyway.

Increasingly so from SC through TFT. One could imagine that it was because TFT coincided with the earlier developement of Ghost, and a certain amount of effort was going into cinematic components of that title. Kinda sad to think all that energy might have gone to waste, when it could've been used to even further polish and enhance (not that I'm complaining about what did get made, but it always kinda irritated me that things like cinematics in the proven, PC-based franchises were getting ever less representation as increasing attention seemed directed toward what seems heavily console-oriented, and could end up becoming a complete dead end).

If there had been more cinematic content, we might not find ourselves having no cinematic-based representation of the Trolls, an immensely influencial race in the WC universe. They've been in the past three games and accompanying x-packs, yet seem highly ignored in that regard. Heck, ogres have more "screen time", and they aren't even controllable by players any more.

On a semi-related note, I'm hoping they lean more toward the booming cinematic-type voice like Mannoroth's if Magtheridon has any dialogue in BC (like in-battle shouts, etc.) instead of the weaker, in-game voice that sounds like he's got a mouth full of rocks and doesn't even register on a sub-woofer.

Yuber8900
10-06-2006, 12:29 AM
Increasingly so from SC through TFT. One could imagine that it was because TFT coincided with the earlier developement of Ghost, and a certain amount of effort was going into cinematic components of that title. Kinda sad to think all that energy might have gone to waste, when it could've been used to even further polish and enhance (not that I'm complaining about what did get made, but it always kinda irritated me that things like cinematics in the proven, PC-based franchises were getting ever less representation as increasing attention seemed directed toward what seems heavily console-oriented, and could end up becoming a complete dead end).

If there had been more cinematic content, we might not find ourselves having no cinematic-based representation of the Trolls, an immensely influencial race in the WC universe. They've been in the past three games and accompanying x-packs, yet seem highly ignored in that regard. Heck, ogres have more "screen time", and they aren't even controllable by players any more.

On a semi-related note, I'm hoping they lean more toward the booming cinematic-type voice like Mannoroth's if Magtheridon has any dialogue in BC (like in-battle shouts, etc.) instead of the weaker, in-game voice that sounds like he's got a mouth full of rocks and doesn't even register on a sub-woofer.

BtDP had only three cinemaics until the Pllaystation version was released. While ToD had 10.

SC had too many to count ugh...
BW had what 4?