PDA

View Full Version : BC Hunter Spells & Talents are Here!

Warlock
10-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Finally, after what seemed like forever, <A HREF="http://worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/talents-and-spells.html">Hunter Burning Crusade Spells & Talents</a> are now up! Go check em out.

Kerrah
10-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Aspect of the Viper - Rank 1
Requires Level 64
40 Mana
Instant cast
The hunter takes on the aspects of a viper, regenerating mana equal to 25% of her intellect every 5 sec. Only one Aspect can be active at a time.

It makes the hunter a woman!

Also, Isn't that Silencing Shot quite useless?

Kerrah
10-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Sorry for doublepost, but i may be the first one in the world to do this:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/Kerrah_photos/SOAT.jpg

Timolas
10-09-2006, 12:54 PM
YAY!!!1oenoneeleven!

About time. I'll read them and post my probable sadness in a moment.

EDIT: Oh my god! Those ARE AMAZING! They even help us in groups! Expose Weakness, bla bla bla! Even Concussive Shot can be used to lead up to the Steady Shot for max effectiveness!

YES! Even Beast talents which sucked unless levelling are now great! HAHAHA! AMAZING! *Breaks down*

Warlock
10-09-2006, 04:29 PM
BTW, a few spells were updated too. Priests have a new different type of summon now, and there is a new screenshot of it. When I get home I'm going to try and round up all the "new screenshots" in that section (the ones that replaced old ability pictures)

Vicious
10-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Also, Isn't that Silencing Shot quite useless?

Somewhere out there, paladins, mages and warlock players are crying.

Edit: You werent kidding Warlock, the priest talent trees were completely changed.

Warlock
10-09-2006, 07:08 PM
New pictures:
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-7300
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-7299

The rest were old but I'm sure stats and crap have been changed :P And obviously talents don't have screenshots :( :( /cry

ScytheRexx
10-09-2006, 07:41 PM
The new talents are amazing. Any Hunter that dislikes what they did to our talent changes is an idiot.

Every tree we have now has some form of usefulness. Personally, I am going back to my old BM/Survival build, I liked Surviv/Marks but I miss having a pet that can eat someones face clean off in PVP.

BM has the BEST 41 POINT out of them all. A Silence is great when fighting casters, and Readiness is going to rock when trying to do lots of quick burst damage with abilities, but everytime I look at BM is amazing, let me explain why.

Endurance and Thick Hide now affect both pet AND PLAYER. Its not a huge amount but it really improves the ability for hunters to survive in combat.

Serpent's Swiftness is INSANE. 20% extra attack speed, mixed with IAOTH and Rabid Fire, throw in the troll berserking if you are a troll and have a fast bow, and good luck any casters you have targeted trying to get off a spell that is anything other then instant cast.

Not only that, but if your pet crits, not only do you get extra damage, but with SerpSwift you will get an extra 50% attack speed on those super-fast pets once the pet procs Frenzy.

Don't even get me started on Beast Within, it not only gives us an amazing damage boost, but makes us immune to EVERYTHING for 18 seconds every 2 minutes, EVERYTHING, no fear, no roots, you are unstoppable and so is your pet, so good luck whoever gets on your bad side when that bad boy is active.

Throwing some more points into survival, I get extra escape options, improved range thanks to Hawk Eye being moved over, more health and more chances to hit.

The only things I will miss were going to be Aimed Shot, Wyvern Sting, Lightning Reflexes, and Mortal Shots, but frankly all the other talents more then make up for it, since Agility will be less useful as a stat thanks to the RAP nerf, Aimed Shot has been changed to a pure opener and Steady Shot, which is similar, made a normal ability, and then Wyvern Sting I just replace with Intimidation if I really need to get that guy out of the fight for a few seconds. If I stack up on AP, RAP, and Crit gear, I will be a monster with all my talent bonuses and very hard to take down.

Kenzuki
10-09-2006, 07:48 PM
I must say I am impressed. I started out as a Marksman/Survialist but switched to Survival/Marksman because of the agility. But now I think I'm going to head back as Marksman for my main and maybe Beastmastery or Survival for the rest. I can't give up Aimed Shot folks, I love that ability I only wish it was made a core skill instead of a talent though.

New Aspects are always fun, especially for grinding and farming hehe. And it's great that my Moonstalker that I've have since level 13 will be more useful in raids now thankfully. He's always been by myside I've turned down much better pets for him because he's my night elf hunter's parter.

ScytheRexx
10-09-2006, 08:04 PM
I can't give up Aimed Shot folks, I love that ability I only wish it was made a core skill instead of a talent though.

Aimed Shot is not going to be as useful during combat now, not as anything other then a opener atleast. It now has a 3.5 second "cast" time before the attack and is not going to be as powerful with "slow" weapons. They are trying to design it as an opener and have "Steady Shot" be the new ability you throw between auto-shots.

They even moved it one tier down the tree, though thats not really bad.

The only buff it got was it no longer shared a cooldown with Arcane Shot.

Frankly Aimed Shot was nice but never required for me, I won't miss it that much in the end when I start turning myself red and lauging at everyone as I kill them.

Kenzuki
10-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Oh really, well perhaps I won't need need it then, but I might still put a point in it to advance anyway. I'm having some good thoughts on my hunter's future. We need to get together Scyth and swap strats and thoughts on hunters sometime hehe.

ScytheRexx
10-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Oh really, well perhaps I won't need need it then, but I might still put a point in it to advance anyway. I'm having some good thoughts on my hunter's future. We need to get together Scyth and swap strats and thoughts on hunters sometime hehe.

Ya, well my big thing is that I never liked getting into the whole "OMG DPS MIN MAX MANIA!!"

My Hunter has always been about being able to survive an encounter for a long time. I would often defend entire graveyards or flags by myself because people always had trouble taking me down with all my HP, and the entire time my pet was wailing on them. I changed to Survi/Marks just to raid, but really was hoping to change back someday, this is giving me the incentive to change back, since now I will be even more hard to kill.

I mean really, a talent that not only increased the damage of my pet and I, but also makes both of us immune to everything. Good luck trying to death coil me you little warlock, as my pet and I just turned red and now you better hope those shadowbolt can get off fast enough to kill me, and good luck doing that when my pet gets extreme attack speed, damage, and extra DPS from Kill Command.

Yuber8900
10-10-2006, 06:34 AM
It was hard to kill a good Hunter already, but now even those crappy ones will beat me. But then again I'm thinking of a 70 vs 60 fight, HA at 70 I'll waste everyone!

ScytheRexx
10-10-2006, 07:43 AM
Rapid Fire
Improved AOTH
Serpent's Swiftness
Troll Berserking
Hurricane Bow

Can anyone say Machine Gun?

Kenzuki
10-10-2006, 07:44 AM
My god....what have we done....

Yuber8900
10-10-2006, 08:11 AM
My god....what have we done....

Exactly what I have planned all along!

Dance my puppets dance!

Vicious
10-10-2006, 08:24 AM
This is pathetic, Epic geared Warriors will be impossible to kill, Mages get AoE daze spells and more nukes, Druids are by far better healers than priests now, Shadow priests are on fucking god mode, Hunters will be killing machines and what do rogues get?

SHIT, total shit, except for the Cloak of shadows.

Prove me wrong, i dare you.

Timolas
10-10-2006, 09:05 AM
This is pathetic, Epic geared Warriors will be impossible to kill, Mages get AoE daze spells and more nukes, Druids are by far better healers than priests now, Shadow priests are on fucking god mode, Hunters will be killing machines and what do rogues get?

Nah you're probably right. Prepare to die. BWAHAHAHA!

Finally, hunters are complete! All talent trees will pay off some way or another.

Kerrah
10-10-2006, 09:05 AM
Somewhere out there, paladins, mages and warlock players are crying.
I can get a 4 sec silence with the same cooldown with much lower talent requirements.

Improved Counterspell, anyone?

Kenzuki
10-10-2006, 09:27 AM

How can you kill that which has no life?

Yuber8900
10-10-2006, 09:33 AM
How can you kill that which has no life?

If it bleeds we can kill it.

Kenzuki
10-10-2006, 09:37 AM
If it bleeds we can kill it.

What is death to that which does not live?

Vicious
10-10-2006, 09:37 AM

*Head explodes*

Yuber8900
10-10-2006, 09:38 AM

Life or unlife, leave that metaphysical shit to the brainiacs I'm just here make things bleed.

ScytheRexx
10-10-2006, 09:44 AM
Looks like the Aimed Shot nerf was worst then I thought, it also resets your auto-shot cycle now, so you can't Aimed Shot and then have it followed by a near instant auto-shot. You now have to wait for the auto-shot cooldown to recycle started from the end of the Aimed Shot.

Arcane Shot is getting a boost though, its now going to have increased damage based on RAP.

Also, pets in BC will scale with gear, so the better gear you have the more powerful your pet will become.

Yuber8900
10-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Looks like the Aimed Shot nerf was worst then I thought, it also resets your auto-shot cycle now, so you can't Aimed Shot and then have it followed by a near instant auto-shot. You now have to wait for the auto-shot cooldown to recycle started from the end of the Aimed Shot.

Arcane Shot is getting a boost though, its now going to have increased damage based on RAP.

Also, pets in BC will scale with gear, so the better gear you have the more powerful your pet will become.

Wow now Aimed Shot is like a Paladin Judgement!

Vicious
10-10-2006, 09:54 AM

Nice.

Yuber8900
10-10-2006, 10:01 AM
Nice.

Great first rouge's scale now this. Getting more screwed by the minute.

Vicious
10-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Great first rouge's scale now this. Getting more screwed by the minute.

YOU SHUT UP GO TO HELL!

Can i at least try to enjoy the game?

Yuber8900
10-10-2006, 10:15 AM
YOU SHUT UP GO TO HELL!

Can i at least try to enjoy the game?

Hey I was sick of getting hit for 1.3k before now I have 2.6k hits on me.

ScytheRexx
10-10-2006, 10:54 PM
Just in case anyone missed it, the talents were altered a bit agian.

Improved Stings now give a 30% chance for them to resist dispell.

Entrapment was reduced to 3 points for 5.

Improved Hunters Mark got a hefty boost, at 5 points it now allows the attack power bonus to work on both ranged AND MELEE attacks, so all those rogues and warriors in the group would gain a lot of extra damage. During a raid, a hunter can technically add over 200 AP to everyone that matters through both IHM and Trueshot.

A few other smaller change but those are the ones I liked.

Vicious
10-11-2006, 04:08 AM
I take it that your main character is a hunter, Scythe?

ScytheRexx
10-11-2006, 06:44 AM
I take it that your main character is a hunter, Scythe?

Yup.

Warlock
10-11-2006, 08:34 AM
Yeah, now Hunters are godly powerful with all the changes they made to the class -_-

Timolas
10-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Yeah, now Hunters are godly powerful with all the changes they made to the class -_-
xD Damn right. I can't wait for BC.

Creative
10-11-2006, 08:52 AM
xD Damn right. I can't wait for BC.

As a matter of fact, when this moment is upon us...

Shamans arent imba.

Kerrah
10-11-2006, 08:53 AM

Shamans arent imba.
Yeah, i wish Mages weren't underspowered, then the two largest gimmics in wow would have been broken.

Tysar
10-11-2006, 08:54 AM

Shamans arent imba.

I'm getting WoW at the end of the month. I was gonna make an orc shaman but now, I don't really know whether I should go for hunter instead, now that Beast Mastery is gonna be useful...

Timolas
10-11-2006, 08:54 AM
Shamans arent imba.
Even if shamans don't need to be nerfed they will always be imba. Besides, let's just wait and see how they perform in BC. I bet they'll be queens with their shiny duel wield.

Kerrah
10-11-2006, 08:57 AM
I'm getting WoW at the end of the month. I was gonna make an orc shaman but now, I don't really know whether I should go for hunter instead, now that Beast Mastery is gonna be useful...
You just wanna be imba.

Tysar
10-11-2006, 09:05 AM
You just wanna be imba.

Enhancement shammys aren't as far as I know :D... and beastmaster = cool and now he is useful as well.

Creative
10-11-2006, 09:05 AM
Even if shamans don't need to be nerfed they will always be imba. Besides, let's just wait and see how they perform in BC. I bet they'll be queens with their shiny duel wield.

What is actually imba with Shamans =/

Kerrah
10-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Enhancement shammys aren't as far as I know
Enchantment until Imp. Windfury and the rest in Elemental is.

DreamingGod
10-11-2006, 10:31 AM
My God, I love our Talents!

I might go from my beloved Marksman, and to BM!

i'm going to post some of my builds for ya'll to pick at. :D

P.S. Gratz on Eternal Kerrah.

Timolas
10-11-2006, 10:33 AM
What is actually imba with Shamans =/
How can one kill that which has no life?

Vicious
10-11-2006, 10:50 AM
How can one kill that which has no life?

BEGONE DEMON! YOU DO NOT BELONG TO THIS WORLD!!

Kenzuki
10-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Ok I'm going Marksman as my main spec like I was originally, I'll either do the rest as Beastmastery or Survival, I don't know yet. But I'm glad to know my bestfriend is going to get buffed (My Moonstalker named Kamadaki.) I'll likely get Aimed Shot as it's one point and I need it for Mortal Shots.

Timolas
10-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Ok I'm going Marksman as my main spec like I was originally, I'll either do the rest as Beastmastery or Survival, I don't know yet. But I'm glad to know my bestfriend is going to get buffed (My Moonstalker named Kamadaki.) I'll likely get Aimed Shot as it's one point and I need it for Mortal Shots.
Yeah I'll probably do something similar. Marksmanship + Survival most likely. So hard to choose though, since Beastmastery buffs guy and pet now.
I imagine Survival + BS would be good for surviving in PvP, but to be honest I think we just need to wait and actually test them out and find out for ourselves.
Personally I think it's too early to start speccing without testing all the new stuff.

DreamingGod
10-11-2006, 02:02 PM
As said, here are my Builds I made. Pick em apart as you wish!

Marksman build: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-hunter/talents.html?5020000000000000000005515201205313253 115103000000000000000000000

Beastmaster Build: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-hunter/talents.html?5520300050521025313513502201000000000 000000000000000000000000000