PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Group Interface Preview

Warlock
10-16-2006, 12:38 PM
Blizzard has updated with a preview of their <A HREF="http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/lookingforgroup.html">new Looking for Group interface</a>. It looks quite impressive.

Kerrah
10-16-2006, 01:03 PM
I feel like someone told me that i had a chance to have a nice political chat with Carl Marx!

(And by that i mean that it feels like i had 2 christmasses this year)

Kerrah
10-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Sorry for double posts but this marks it, this was the final straw that broke the Camels back.

Im coming back to WoW when BC hits the shelves.

Kenzuki
10-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Sorry for double posts but this marks it, this was the final straw that broke the Camels back.

Im coming back to WoW when BC hits the shelves.

Now my life is complete.

Vicious
10-16-2006, 02:16 PM
That interface looks sweet, a real time saver.

Kaziel
10-16-2006, 02:36 PM
I haven't even used it yet, but I've looked it over and definately think it's one of the best things of tBC. It's so simple it hurts (hurts so good!). IMO, the quest option is great for those elite quests when you can't seem to find help. ^^/

Yuber8900
10-16-2006, 02:41 PM
mmm looks interesting.

ScytheRexx
10-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Just so everyone knows, even with the new LFG system, they are not removing Meeting Stones.

Instead, Meeting Stones will act like Warlock Portal, allowing two players to click the Meeting Stone and summon a party member from anywhere in the world.

I just learned this on the WoW boards ten minutes ago.

Yuber8900
10-16-2006, 03:27 PM
Just so everyone knows, even with the new LFG system, they are not removing Meeting Stones.

Instead, Meeting Stones will act like Warlock Portal, allowing two players to click the Meeting Stone and summon a party member from anywhere in the world.

Oh Happy DAY!

ScytheRexx
10-16-2006, 03:54 PM
Oh Happy DAY!

Ya, I thought it was a very inventive way of using meeting stones, now that they will not be used as a LFG tool.

Its great because it lowers downtime when that one punk was all the way on the other side of the world while the rest wait near the entrance, and don't have a warlock, or have one somehow out of shards.

Bradford
10-16-2006, 03:56 PM

With all the drugs I take I didnt think it would ever get hard again.... Thanks Blizzard!!!

Warlock
10-16-2006, 03:57 PM
I bet you could get newb characters into high end zones easily that way :D Or at least use it as a shortcut gryphon (if you have a buddy in the area).

Aldrius
10-16-2006, 04:10 PM
You'd need two buddies. :P

Using meeting stones like that is an awesome idea... though it kinda goes against Pardo's idea that the world should feel real and big. Though I guess it's not that much of a time-saver.

Yuber8900
10-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Wonder how this will work for Raids...

jov
10-16-2006, 04:32 PM
hmm... just as i noticed more and more players are finally using the very excellent group forming "call to arms" mod, blizzard finallly takes note.

odd, seems every mod is getting incorporated into the game. i guess that's a good thing, but it kinda' makes you wonder why there had to be mods in the first place?

not like i'm complaining, i'm liking more and more what TBC is adding to the game. it makes me wonder if any future expansions could ever add so much!

Vicious
10-16-2006, 06:01 PM

Wow, LFG system *and* they will make Meeting Stones useful?

Creative
10-17-2006, 12:30 AM
This looks very, very, very good!

I bet you could get newb characters into high end zones easily that way Or at least use it as a shortcut gryphon (if you have a buddy in the area).

Just as easy at you can with Warlock summoning :)

Cantus
10-17-2006, 12:49 AM
hmm... just as i noticed more and more players are finally using the very excellent group forming "call to arms" mod, blizzard finallly takes note.

odd, seems every mod is getting incorporated into the game. i guess that's a good thing, but it kinda' makes you wonder why there had to be mods in the first place?

not like i'm complaining, i'm liking more and more what TBC is adding to the game. it makes me wonder if any future expansions could ever add so much!

Blizzard's smart, they realize that these mods become popular for a reason. If it isn't considered ridiculously overpowered (decursive), they find ways to add it into the natural interface.

Also, you've got to remember that they take note of who created/did the upkeep for these mods. Who ever created Call to Arms will likely already be known to the devs (hell they may become a future dev for all we know.)

Yuber8900
10-17-2006, 02:03 AM
Blizzard's smart, they realize that these mods become popular for a reason. If it isn't considered ridiculously overpowered (decursive), they find ways to add it into the natural interface.

Also, you've got to remember that they take note of who created/did the upkeep for these mods. Who ever created Call to Arms will likely already be known to the devs (hell they may become a future dev for all we know.)

Call to Arms?

Kerrah
10-17-2006, 06:41 AM
Call to Arms?
Propably a mod that does everything this new Interfirence does expect not everybody can use it.

Cantus
10-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Propably a mod that does everything this new Interfirence does expect not everybody can use it.

It was a mod that looked in chat for LFG/LFM and then tagged who ever spoke it, or something to that effect.

Kerrah
10-18-2006, 06:05 AM
It was a mod that looked in chat for LFG/LFM and then tagged who ever spoke it, or something to that effect.
I hate mods. I don't really care.