PDA

View Full Version : BC Release Date Changed to January 2007

keithjr
10-24-2006, 06:01 AM
Looks like we will have to wait a little bit longer for burning crusade, Blizzard added another few weeks to the development of Burning Crusade. Lets hope it is as polished as they say it will be :)

<a href="http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=38244050&sid=1">Check out the post on WoW US Forums</a>

Kerrah
10-24-2006, 06:12 AM
OWNED!

That was the the idiots who told me i was an idiot becouse i didn't believe BC will come next week. The beta will last at least a month and they'll still process the suggestions and feedback they got after that.

edit: that didn't happen on these boards though, in WoW.

keithjr
10-24-2006, 06:15 AM
Im sure they got a ton of feedback/suggestions to fix.

Hopefully they will do things different than closed beta for wow, where paladins FINALLY got their review and addition of talents in place for open beta, so there really wasnt time for anything to be changed until after release. :/

Kenzuki
10-24-2006, 06:18 AM
I had a feeling this was going to happen, not that it matters I'm actually happy to tell you the truth. More time means it will be better overall. It also gives me more time to prepare my characters for it :P

keithjr
10-24-2006, 06:25 AM
good point.... maybe i can farm that 1000g for my shaman alt for the epic mount afterall :P

Warlock
10-24-2006, 06:29 AM
Well it *was* targeted for a November release, and it would have come out then (that's plenty of time for the beta fyi). But they decided to spend a few extra weeks polishing, so it got pushed back.

Actually, this probably isn't that bad. November is going to be HELL for shopping - imagine trying to go buy the thing. In January things will quiet down a bit.

Kerrah
10-24-2006, 06:30 AM
Hold on a second. My Birthday is in January! Woohoo!

Warlock
10-24-2006, 06:32 AM
According to a bunch of CMs, there is another content patch (1.13) coming out before January. Yay!

deathofspam
10-24-2006, 06:34 AM
Largely, I think it is the fact that they tried to polish it up too much before they let beta testers in. They did an excelent job getting everything set up for us, but the level 70 content is still largely undone. Kargath is still not functioning properly. The raids are still not in at all. We are still missing 3 whole zones. Parts of Caverns of Times still aren't usable. If they want us finishing out the testing, they can't really press until december.

Tularis
10-24-2006, 06:43 AM
This is Blizzard, is anyone really that surprised? :P They are known for pushing the date of their games back - usually for the better, which is a good thing, and why I continue to hold faith to this day.

Kerrah
10-24-2006, 07:46 AM
When December comes, its the one year anniversary that people oblivious to Blizzard have been "OMG, ITS COMING IN A FEW WEEKS!" in Finland.

Rebirth
10-24-2006, 07:47 AM
I'm sad, but I'm sure itll be worth it. Now I have time to get my D2 set, lol.

Vicious
10-24-2006, 07:53 AM
*Acts surprised*

WOW, I NEVER, EVER SAW THAT COMING.

Timolas
10-24-2006, 08:28 AM
Beh, can't say I'm surprised. Kind of sad though. I know they'll polish it which is all the better, but the sooner I play the happier I'll be.
Anyway, Guild Wars Nightfall will keep me alive till then no doubt, and it comes out on the 27th this month.

Kenzuki
10-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Hey remember back in the day when people would say that Guild Wars was going to kill WoW?

GodofUtopia
10-24-2006, 01:54 PM
koool

Ogre
10-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Guild wars is a plague, hunting down the WoW geeks. Nothing bigger. No plague has never destroyed something complitely.

Warlock
10-24-2006, 02:01 PM
Ok, now they are denying 1.13.. make up your $%#@ing mind!

Timolas
10-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Hey remember back in the day when people would say that Guild Wars was going to kill WoW?
Hasn't happened so far ey? ;) I've got the best of both worlds, and both games have their pros and cons - and I damn well love them both! Can't understand why people have to compare them so much.
Guild Wars has things that I find superior, but vice versa also. Thing about Guild Wars which keeps me so hooked is that you can set out and become one of the best players on your own. No need to depend on other people for your advancement. In other words you can kick ass and still be a casual.

Aldrius
10-24-2006, 04:18 PM
A few weeks after November=|=January. :P

Bah... kinda stupid. It should be out before Christmas I think... >__<

Bah! Why can't Vivendi screw around with Blizzard and make them release it early like they always do!?

You can never count on those guys for anything. =(

Though maybe this means they might have a stress test. :D

Tularis
10-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Every game thats released is meant to hurt WoW. People were saying the same thing about DnD Online and Matrix Online and everything else under the sun. Nothing much has happened :P

Kenzuki
10-24-2006, 08:06 PM
A few weeks after November=|=January. :P

Bah... kinda stupid. It should be out before Christmas I think... >__<

Bah! Why can't Vivendi screw around with Blizzard and make them release it early like they always do!?

You can never count on those guys for anything. =(

Though maybe this means they might have a stress test. :D

Wait, you WANT them to rush it out?

Aldrius
10-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Rush it? No. Fix major bugs and worry about balancing and difficult settings and such later? Yes.

December instead of January is hardly rushing it.

My problem is if it doesn't come out before December, I won't have the money or time to play it. =\ (I'd be playing it over the Christmas break)

Kerrah
10-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Every game thats released is meant to hurt WoW. People were saying the same thing about DnD Online and Matrix Online and everything else under the sun. Nothing much has happened :P
I actually hope WAR doesn't hurt WoW as much as people are talking.

Yuber8900
10-24-2006, 10:24 PM
I actually hope WAR doesn't hurt WoW as much as people are talking.

It won't.

Kakwakas
10-24-2006, 10:58 PM
Bah, I just wanna start my spacedemonshammy!

Kerrah
10-25-2006, 05:02 AM
It won't.
How can you be that sure?

Tularis
10-25-2006, 09:34 AM
DnD has a much huger following then Warhammer ever did, and yet the online game did crap all. WoW is an incredible success that is the exception to every other MMORPG - another one coming along and doing the same just won't happen. Especially with the BC expansion looming. Not only that, but Warhammer Online has been plagued with problems since the concept was first thought of, and I believe has been canceled twice. doesn't bode well :P

Not that it wont be a good game, but is a mere wave in the ocean that is WoW.

Timolas
10-25-2006, 09:44 AM
Don't know, haven't played DnD or Warhammer. All I know is that both Guild Wars and WoW are both great and both have pros and cons.

Kaziel
10-25-2006, 10:21 AM
Ok, now they are denying 1.13.. make up your $%#@ing mind!Well, seems like it's not just a content patch, but it may actually be the pre-expansion content drop for tBC (http://tobolds.blogspot.com/2006/10/patch-what-patch.html).
What does that mean for us? Well it doesn't meant that Eyonix was lying. This patch will (or at least should) contain everything he said. The new honor system, the talent trees (meaning that even if you don't get the expansion, you will be able to get the new 41 point talents), and possibly other stuff. But it also means that a lot of the content in this patch will not be used until the expansion. For those who don't by the expansion will need to see the new weapons, armor, pets, and new race character models. And that means that this patch may be larger than most, or at least large compared to how much content we get right now.

And as for delaying it, here's my take on it:
I'm very much behind this release change. As much as it pains me to admit this, tBC is still not even close to release ready. There are still major game-breaking bugs in already tested content (e.g. the facial image from the UI that appears next to the health and mana bars on certain female naga in Zangarmarsh cause a crash to the desktop). And there are still three zones, three levels worth of skills and spells, four 5-man instances, and seven raid instances untested. We are simply not ready for release.

Aldrius
10-25-2006, 02:04 PM
Seven Raid instances?

Isn't it just Vashj, Kael and Illidan?

Kaziel
10-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Seven Raid instances?

Isn't it just Vashj, Kael and Illidan?

Magtheridon (Hellfire Peninsula)
Gruul's Lair (Blade's Edge Mountain)
Serpentshrine Cavern [Vashj] (Zangarmarsh)
Tempest Keep raid instance [Kael'Thas] (Netherstorm)
The Black Temple (Shadow Moon Valley)
Karazhan (Deadwind Pass)
Mt Hyjal of the Past (Caverns of Time)

Aldrius
10-25-2006, 02:41 PM
The entire Black Temple is a raid instance? -_-

And Vashj and Kale are at the end of Raid wings? =\ (Though I guess we're not killing them anyway.)

Was sortof hoping that they'd just be like Onyxia...

Ugh.. how big is Hyjal?

Kaziel
10-25-2006, 02:48 PM
The entire Black Temple is a raid instance? -_-What exactly is defined as the "entire Black Temple" is up for debate, but yes. There are no 5-man instances in the Black Temple.

And Vashj and Kale are at the end of Raid wings? =\ (Though I guess we're not killing them anyway.)

Was sortof hoping that they'd just be like Onyxia...Again, the size of those instances are not clarified yet. But I would say it's likely that there will be at least a few bosses. Some of us enjoy fighting multiple raid bosses. Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, Zuul'Gurub, and Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj are so much more fun than Onyxia, and keep you challanged much longer than a single boss fight.

Ugh.. how big is Hyjal?Big. I've seen a empty run through the zone, and if it's a representation of it's real size, it's big.

Aldrius
10-25-2006, 02:55 PM
Guh. Multiple raid bosses just means big time sinks that I'll never get to see, though. =[ That's my problem with that.

I dunno what I want for Hyjal, though. =S I guess a timed instance would be nice (with max raid size).

Kaziel
10-25-2006, 03:33 PM
Guh. Multiple raid bosses just means big time sinks that I'll never get to see, though. =[ That's my problem with that.Blizzard's intent is and always has been to make content for as many people as they can, so instead of catering to one large group, they will make a little something for each group.
While that doesn't help you, there are 2 quick raid boss fights (Magtheridon and Gruul's Lair are both said to be Onyxian in design), not to mention that the design for most of the 5-man instances is around a quick run idea. Of the two 5-man instances I've done so far, they are both made to be completed in under 2 hours. And they are winged, so if you like spending a long time in a dungeon, then you can go from one wing to the next. And with the introduction of hard level dungeons, even "old" instances will have some replay value (boo for replay, yay for shiny purples).

(God... I sound like a plant (http://www.penny-arcade.com/2006/02/10)... really, I'm not... >.>)

Aldrius
10-25-2006, 05:46 PM
2 hours total? Or 2 hours per wing?

I don't have a problem with spending alot of time in a dungeon (like 2 hours)... it's just that... 5 hours is way, way too long. =S

I guess if I can get into a raiding guild, then the Black Temple won't be too much of a problem.

My issue with Kael, Vashj and Illidan is that I actually want to see them. xD Being a big lore nerd (I still can't see Tyrande fight Erankius because I can't run BWL >_0). It's one of the reasons I was so disappointed that Kel'thuzad was only for really high-end content. (Though at the time I think was more angry that he was actually killable. >_>;;)

I play this game to do see the story, and to explore... everything else is second to that. Everything I do in-game has to be an extention of what my character would do. Or just has to be DAMN fun. (Fari should NEVER Baron run... but she kinda has to. =S)

I wish there were more quests like Tirion's really... a bit of dungeon running, a little fed-ex. No stupid grinds. (The first three quests are a little grindy, but they're okay.) There's a story that's important, there's a character's evolution. Heck, the Scarlet Crusade is pretty much disbanded in that quest. (I say pretty much because the remnants allied themselves with the new Silver Hand and still call themselves 'The Scarlet Crusade'.)

Bradford
10-25-2006, 06:35 PM
I wish there were more quests like Tirion's really... a bit of dungeon running, a little fed-ex. No stupid grinds. (The first three quests are a little grindy, but they're okay.) There's a story that's important, there's a character's evolution. Heck, the Scarlet Crusade is pretty much disbanded in that quest. (I say pretty much because the remnants allied themselves with the new Silver Hand and still call themselves 'The Scarlet Crusade'.)

Has anyone here ever completed that quest without Taelan getting killed?

Aldrius
10-25-2006, 06:44 PM
I don't think that's possible. :P

Yuber8900
10-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Has anyone here ever completed that quest without Taelan getting killed?

Immpossible, he doesn't actualy die either it's timed for him to go down.

Aldrius
10-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Speaking of which... does anyone have the text written down from that quest? =S Need some of the dialogue between Ilissien and Tirion.

Kerrah
10-26-2006, 07:05 AM
I still can't get a Strat Scarlet group to do the Painting part of the quest.'

edit: Lol
http://www.gucomics.com/comics/gu_20061025.jpg

Kaziel
10-26-2006, 08:54 AM
2 hours total? Or 2 hours per wing?2 hours per wing. And that would be your first run though, where you're being cautious b/c you don't know the exact layout or the strats for the boss.

Timolas
10-26-2006, 01:39 PM
2 hours total? Or 2 hours per wing?

I don't have a problem with spending alot of time in a dungeon (like 2 hours)... it's just that... 5 hours is way, way too long. =S

I guess if I can get into a raiding guild, then the Black Temple won't be too much of a problem.
Ech, hope I won't have to spend all night just to get an instance done.

My issue with Kael, Vashj and Illidan is that I actually want to see them. xD Being a big lore nerd (I still can't see Tyrande fight Erankius because I can't run BWL >_0). It's one of the reasons I was so disappointed that Kel'thuzad was only for really high-end content. (Though at the time I think was more angry that he was actually killable. >_>;;)

Tyrande fights Eranikus in BWL? O_o Yeah I don't do that high high end content either.

I play this game to do see the story, and to explore... everything else is second to that. Everything I do in-game has to be an extention of what my character would do. Or just has to be DAMN fun. (Fari should NEVER Baron run... but she kinda has to. =S)
Yeah, Timolas should never Scarlet farm. :(

Yeah some more quest variety would be nice.
Though I have to say, the Scarlet Crusade didn't disband right there. :P Hearthglen submitted at most. There's still the Scarlet Monastery, Tyr's Hand and the Crimson Seat. Though Mograine did get killed by daddy, I'm sure the others there can still part'ay.

Aldrius
10-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Tyrande fights Eranikus in BWL? O_o Yeah I don't do that high high end content either.

Nonono. I need to do a quest in BWL to start the chain. One of the quests in the chain involves fighting Erankius in the Moonglade. Remulos summons Tyrande and she shows up to help you fight him.

Timolas
10-26-2006, 02:05 PM
Ohh the Ahn'qiraj questline! That's it I think ey?

Kaziel
10-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Ech, hope I won't have to spend all night just to get an instance done.That's the thing about the wings, each one is independent. You don't have to do them all in one night. And honestly, after you complete the quests in a given wing, you need to go back to town to get the quests for the new zone, so you need to take a break anyway. It's nice b/c if you have the time to do all the instances avaiable for your level range, you can, but if you only have an hour or two to kill, you can hop in one, do that, and still work on it. This is unlike most current instances where you need to drop 3+ hours to get it done, this allows people with limited time to actually work on instances when they want, instead of having to wait for times when they have long periods off, like the weekends.
And honestly, even ignoring the raid zones, some wings you can't do when the others are able to be done. Like Hellfire Citadel, for example. The Ramparts are designed for people levels 60-63. The next instance, Blood Furnace, is designed for people 61-64. Now, the third and final 5-man instance, The Shattered Halls is designed for people 67-70. Basically, you can't complete the whole thing in one night. And I'm pretty sure most of the other instances in Outland, other than Tempest Keep (designed pretty much solely for the 67-70 crowd) are designed that way.

Aldrius
10-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Ohh the Ahn'qiraj questline! That's it I think ey?

Indeed!

Vicious
10-26-2006, 03:02 PM
I still can't get a Strat Scarlet group to do the Painting part of the quest.'

Wow, that bad huh?

http://www.gucomics.com/comics/gu_20061025.jpg

Where´s the funny? :confused:

Kerrah
10-27-2006, 04:50 AM
Where´s the funny? :confused:
The fleshbeasts OF ETHERNAL TORTURE AND DAMNATION in Hawaii Shirts at the background made me laugh.

Tularis
10-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Ive heard from some of my friends in the gaming business that there are rumours Blizzard have unoffically pushed the expansion back even further, to March. Only rumours however, so not exactly confirmed, but there were also stories floating around about it being set back to Jan originally, so who knows. It is Blizzard.

Kenzuki
10-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Actually they are allied to the Argent Dawn and the Brotherhood of the Light, the Silver Hand is not present though they are mentioned. The Brotherhood of Light is not the New Silver Hand, it's basically the strongarm of the Argent Dawn. They are the ones that will do the things that the regular Argent Dawn Templars won't do, they aren't as compassinate. They are like the good version of the Scarlet Crusaders.

Timolas
10-28-2006, 06:26 AM
Ive heard from some of my friends in the gaming business that there are rumours Blizzard have unoffically pushed the expansion back even further, to March. Only rumours however, so not exactly confirmed, but there were also stories floating around about it being set back to Jan originally, so who knows. It is Blizzard.
Why would they want to tell us it is going to come out in January if they want it in March? Telling us it is delayed for a second time is worse than telling us right away.

They are like the good version of the Scarlet Crusaders.
Though not as cool if you ask me.

I was wondering also recently if the Scarlet Crusade isn't actually as mad as everyone says. If they submitted at Hearthlgen after the death of Isillien, doesn't that indicate some measure of sanity? Even the Light's Hope Chapel lot are friendly. I'm suspecting the real madness is more in the Crimson area, who are around Balnazzar and his top rankers.

Kerrah
10-28-2006, 07:08 AM
Why would they want to tell us it is going to come out in January if they want it in March? Telling us it is delayed for a second time is worse than telling us right away.
Because if they are able to make it for January, they wont have to say "sorry, its coming earlier than we though" which is the worse kind of announcement.

Kenzuki
10-28-2006, 07:10 AM
Naturally they aren't all mad, they are just following orders. Issilien was attacked one day by an undead creature that looked, and acted exactly like one of the living. So when he began telling his followers "The undead can look alive, trust no one!" Naturally it scared the living hell out of them. So most of them are just paranoid. I suppose I would be too given the circumstances.

Timolas
10-28-2006, 07:16 AM
I suppose I would be too given the circumstances.
So would I. Can't imagine living in the Plaguelands... euch. Death around every corner and your friends are getting eaten and turned against you as maggot ridden corpses before your very eyes.

Kerrah
10-28-2006, 07:59 AM
I like WPL maybe most of all WoW areas just after Silverpine and Duskwood. I just wish i got that damn Painting from Strat Scarlet so i could see the Escort part myself.

Timolas
10-28-2006, 09:21 AM
I like WPL maybe most of all WoW areas just after Silverpine and Duskwood. I just wish i got that damn Painting from Strat Scarlet so i could see the Escort part myself.
Eeeh I don't like the Plaguelands much, or any of those gloomy undead infested places personally.

Aldrius
10-28-2006, 11:05 AM
I was wondering also recently if the Scarlet Crusade isn't actually as mad as everyone says. If they submitted at Hearthlgen after the death of Isillien, doesn't that indicate some measure of sanity? Even the Light's Hope Chapel lot are friendly. I'm suspecting the real madness is more in the Crimson area, who are around Balnazzar and his top rankers.

Well, yeah... they're just paranoid like Kel said. They think everyone is infested by the plague.

Kerrah
10-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Well, yeah... they're just paranoid like Kel said. They think everyone is infested by the plague.
Can't really blame them for that. What you can blame them for was not bailing out of The Crusade when Mograine got killed.

Timolas
10-28-2006, 03:17 PM
Can't really blame them for that. What you can blame them for was not bailing out of The Crusade when Mograine got killed.
Don't forget killing innocent people. They're still not mentally safe altogether of course.

Creative
10-29-2006, 01:45 AM
Hmm, if Blizzard makes a Northrend expansion, maybe we will get to know even more about the Crusade.

Timolas
10-29-2006, 03:15 AM
Hmm, if Blizzard makes a Northrend expansion, maybe we will get to know even more about the Crusade.
I expect we will, since there was apparently an attack that actually made it to the slopes of Icecrown Glacier.

Kerrah
10-29-2006, 09:44 AM
I expect we will, since there was apparently an attack that actually made it to the slopes of Icecrown Glacier.
I can really imagine them beeing frozen to death, half of them turning into Death Knights and the other half being reanimated.

Timolas
10-30-2006, 01:35 PM
I can really imagine them beeing frozen to death, half of them turning into Death Knights and the other half being reanimated.
Well they did lose. :P Still, they got pretty far from the sound of it. Lich King letting too many enemies get reaal close up and personal.