PDA

View Full Version : The gayest thing I have ever seen.

Kenzuki
11-22-2006, 09:46 PM
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/community/wowparents.html

I laughed out loud when I saw this, I really did.

Kakwakas
11-23-2006, 05:31 PM
...Isn't that pretty much the exact opposite of gay?

Rebirth
11-23-2006, 06:45 PM

haha, tou-fuckin-che

Vicious
11-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Holy Christ, this *is* gay.

Aldrius
11-23-2006, 07:01 PM
...how is a man and a woman getting married gay? =x

Anyway... is this... er... real? or a joke? Can you actually get married in-game? o.o

Kenzuki
11-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Gay is also used as a term to describe something funny, or lame. In this case, I used it as being both. I guess I should have spelled it Ghey.

jov
11-23-2006, 09:27 PM
gay, being used to decree something as "lame," is like calling something tablecloth to decree it as lame or silly. you are making a societal mind bridge that somehow being gay is lame or silly. equating the two in your mind means you would find someone who is gay lame or silly, rather than male, macho, or normal.

go go ted haggard!

but i do find marriage annoying. why would people want to get married, let alone virtually?

Creative
11-24-2006, 07:27 AM

Shouldnt lesbian be the opposite?

As, I mean:

Gays:
Two Males

Straight:
One male and one woman

Lesbian:
Two Females.

While Straight is 50% Male, while Gay is 100%, Lesbian is 0% Male.

That means: No connection to Gay :p

Crap logic.

((And who the crap cares about the "WoW parents"? :/ ))

Kenzuki
11-24-2006, 07:30 AM
gay, being used to decree something as "lame," is like calling something tablecloth to decree it as lame or silly. you are making a societal mind bridge that somehow being gay is lame or silly. equating the two in your mind means you would find someone who is gay lame or silly, rather than male, macho, or normal.

go go ted haggard!

but i do find marriage annoying. why would people want to get married, let alone virtually?

Look up the word Gay, it wasn't always used to describe a homosexual.

ScytheRexx
11-24-2006, 08:38 AM
I don't see anything "gay" about this, did any of you actually read it?

This was not a virtual wedding, it was two people that met eachother online, its just like going outside and meeting your new wife at a coffee shop, only these two met eachother for the first time virtually.

Raiding together lead them to meet eachother in real life, and then they fell in love, got married, and are having a baby. Blizzard decided the story was interesting and wanted to show how close people can get through WoW, and so they wrote a little article about it and added a lot of flavor text making it sound like the characters were married, when it was actually the people in real life that were married. They even have a picture of the real life wedding bands.

Kenzuki
11-24-2006, 09:44 AM
I was refering to the drawings with the cupid goblin, I found the actual story to be sort of interesting.

Kastrien
11-24-2006, 01:35 PM
so uh.. how about those wow parents. lol

Flamestrider
11-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Look up the word Gay, it wasn't always used to describe a homosexual.

It used to mean "happy" or "joyful." Not lame/annoying. The latter is a modern coinage, and some find it offensive. Nobody's perfect, of course, but I would advise you to use synonyms if at all possible.

Kenzuki
11-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Ok, I apologize if I offended anyone's sensitive personality. :raisedbro

Vicious
11-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Jesus....INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Loosen up Flamestrider.

Flamestrider
11-24-2006, 07:11 PM
I'm sorry if it seemed like I was angry. I don't much care myself, but I know people who do, and I've seen internet arguments on the subject before. It was just a heads up, that's all.

Kenzuki
11-24-2006, 07:52 PM
I just ment it was funny how it looked all fluffy and froofroo. Like it's "ghey" that this is in a game called "WARcraft." I do think it's neat how they met and actually got married and had a kid though. Looks like EHarmony.com has some competition hehe.

Kerrah
11-26-2006, 06:54 AM
The pinkish background color behind the text almost made me puke.

Bradford
11-27-2006, 09:30 PM
I think youre all "gay." Refer back to my "male playng female character" post if you want to debate on the term "gay." I agree wth ken on this one, it was rather "retarded." Logic that one out.....