PDA

View Full Version : BC Opening Cinematic Available

Warlock
12-10-2006, 02:52 PM
Well, it looks like you won't have to wait until Wednesday to see the Burning Crusade Opening Cinematic. While the Spike TV version will likely be of better quality (and I'm sure Blizzard will upload it right after the show), someone in the audience managed to bring a video camera and recorded the opening from her seat at the VG awards. You can watch it below:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0WxrEmZlvE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0WxrEmZlvE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Be sure to check it out as it's quite awesome. Many thanks to Syroco for the link!

Venom
12-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Very cool :D

Timolas
12-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Illidan scored even more points in my book.

EDIT: What's tragic is to see what the Blood Elves have become, really does seem evil. No wonder High Elves hate them so much.

Vicious
12-10-2006, 04:20 PM
EDIT: What's tragic is to see what the Blood Elves have become, really does seem evil. No wonder High Elves hate them so much.

Whoa, let´s not go crazy, we just see a Blood elf siphoning a mana wyrm.

Timolas
12-10-2006, 04:33 PM
Whoa, let´s not go crazy, we just see a Blood elf siphoning a mana wyrm.
Yeah but just look at her face after; it becomes all twisted and creepy. The whole idea of just seducing something, killing it and eating it doesn't appeal.

Kakwakas
12-10-2006, 04:52 PM
Blizzard hates gnomes and trolls.

jov
12-10-2006, 05:32 PM
did you not see the troll on his nimbly-bimbly raptor? sure, it was for mere seconds, but he bounded through the jungles.

Kakwakas
12-10-2006, 06:21 PM
did you not see the troll on his nimbly-bimbly raptor? sure, it was for mere seconds, but he bounded through the jungles.

I noticed him the second time I watched it... He also gets smacked down by the draenei.

Vicious
12-11-2006, 08:21 AM
Yeah but just look at her face after; it becomes all twisted and creepy. The whole idea of just seducing something, killing it and eating it doesn't appeal.

It didn´t looked that twisted and evil to me, sure we weren´t seeing an angel but that didn´t looked as evil as you´re implying.

Now that Forsaken Warlock waving his hand and killing 30 murlocs...

Timolas
12-11-2006, 09:00 AM
It didn´t looked that twisted and evil to me, sure we weren´t seeing an angel but that didn´t looked as evil as you´re implying.

Now that Forsaken Warlock waving his hand and killing 30 murlocs...
Evil isn't the word I suppose, but it sure shows how they have changed so radically. Nothing like High Elves at all anymore.
http://pluto.spaceports.com/~thanatos/war2/human-icons/archer.gif

ScytheRexx
12-11-2006, 11:00 AM
It definitly showed the Blood Elves in a twisted light, which is understandable, because they are a pretty twisted bunch.

I love the fact that she seduced it, all loving and kind, and then suddenly "RAWR!" and the thing dissolves leaving only its magic essense.

The orc cutting the Naga was still one of my favorites.

Tularis
12-11-2006, 11:05 AM
As mentioned before, Illidan just looks awesome, as does the Drenai. Can't wait to see the trailer in good quality - be even better

Sp00ky
12-11-2006, 11:52 AM
hmm seems like the video was removed at the request of blizzard

Inquisitor
12-11-2006, 01:02 PM
The only thing that bothered me was that Illidan is still whining about all the bad things that have happened to him. 10,000 years of imprisonment? Time to get over it buddy :P

In all seriousness, though, it was a pretty cool cinematic. Seeing the way the Blood Elves are portrayed makes me wonder how long they will be able to sustain themselves...

Aldrius
12-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Evil isn't the word I suppose, but it sure shows how they have changed so radically. Nothing like High Elves at all anymore.

Nothing like High Elves anymore? Or what High Elves truly were all along?

ARM3481
12-11-2006, 08:20 PM

Well...the High Elves seemed more the sort to take the magic for granted. It was just an ambient thing that was always around since many of them were born, and likely made it all the more pleasant to return home after a long absence. Nonetheless, they didn't plunge into the depths of withdrawal when deprived contact with the Sunwell during extended travels, otherwise those who fought in the first wars would have had a great deal of difficulty leaving the immediate vicinity of their forests to fight the orcs. Yet Alleria and Vereesa (and others) both traveled a goodly ways from their home yet never showed signs of any physical or behavioral deterioration resulting from it.

The rapid descent into addiction that the Blood Elves experienced was likely a combination of two things: losing the Sunwell and losing their home. The very knowledge that they could never return to its magic or their old homes likely had psychological ramifications that outweighed even their direct thirst for the magic itself and only made it worse over time. Otherwise there wouldn't be any High Elves left, since they'd have succumbed to addiction as well.

Vicious
12-12-2006, 07:36 AM

Nice try Aldrius.

Nubboi
12-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Original youtube video is down... here are some mirrors from worldofraids.com

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=4659227769813671352&q=burning+crusade+cinematics

Direct download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=83EE5VGI

Aldrius
12-13-2006, 12:01 AM
Nice try Aldrius.

Wow. You sure showed me. :rolleyes:

Nonetheless, they didn't plunge into the depths of withdrawal when deprived contact with the Sunwell during extended travels, otherwise those who fought in the first wars would have had a great deal of difficulty leaving the immediate vicinity of their forests to fight the orcs.

This is a bit of speculation on my part, but I figure their connection to the Sunwell works like the Night Elves' connection to the original world tree. By coming into contact with it... well, ever. They were intracently connected with it wherever they went. It was the bedrock of their society, and without it their empire crashed in on itself. They were COMPLETELY dependant on it.

When I say 'What the high elves were all along'. I obviously mean, deep down, the High Elves were as addicted and dedicated to magic as the Blood Elves are. The High Elves just had a renewable and unlimited source... while the Blood Elves have to be a bit more... ruthless.

Vicious
12-13-2006, 02:43 AM
Wow. You sure showed me. :rolleyes:

Nah, i just can´t be bothered anymore.

Nubboi
12-13-2006, 09:13 PM
hi-res is up at http://www.spiketv.com/events/vga2006/simulcast.html

ScytheRexx
12-14-2006, 05:45 PM
I just notice a mistake on the cinematic, though its a small one.

When the Draenei smashs the orcs with his hammer right after the Troll on the Raptor, he gets blood on himself from the orc in front of him.

The blood is RED.

That is NO ORC!

Thankfully for the scene with the orc getting hit with the arrows, he has the correct blood, as his wounds are black.

Ziilyn
12-15-2006, 12:17 AM
If that orc's blood had have been red we may have, very likely, had to boycott the whole Burning Crusade.

Kenzuki
12-15-2006, 06:44 AM
I just notice a mistake on the cinematic, though its a small one.

When the Draenei smashs the orcs with his hammer right after the Troll on the Raptor, he gets blood on himself from the orc in front of him.

The blood is RED.

That is NO ORC!

Thankfully for the scene with the orc getting hit with the arrows, he has the correct blood, as his wounds are black.

ZOMG! He must be doing drugs!

Creative
12-15-2006, 08:55 AM
ZOMG! He must be doing drugs!

Who is doing drugs?

The "leatherwielding warrior with Ashkandi" or the fel orc?

Kerrah
12-25-2006, 02:28 AM
Who is doing drugs?

The "leatherwielding warrior with Ashkandi" or the fel orc?
Everybody in Azeroth starts doing drugs in the next expansion, "World of Warcraft: The Revenge of Don Arthas"

Doomhammer
12-26-2006, 12:56 AM
nice