PDA

View Full Version : "Under Development" Page Updated

Warlock
02-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Blizzard has done a small update to their <A HREF="http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/">Under Development</a> page, adding Black Temple on there. Here's what it says:
<ul><font size=1>World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade: The Black Temple

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally founded as a Draenei temple, this plot has been conquered and despoiled many times throughout the history of Outland, removing any spiritual grace it may have once held. The Black Temple has been the stage of the Orc Horde's blood curse, a fortress for the then-mortal Ner'zhul, and a prime staging ground for the Burning Legion's campaign of destruction. Most recently, it has been claimed as home by Illidan, where he and his minions make their bid for power over the remnants of the shattered planet. Now, it is up to you to face the malefic forces of Illidan and his minions in hopes of freeing Outland from chaos and tyranny.

Black Temple is a 25-person raid dungeon located in Shadowmoon Valley.

<ul><li><font size=1>Explore an ancient site steeped in Warcraft lore </font>
<li><font size=1>Gain access to more than a hundred new rare and epic items, including tier-6 armor sets </font>
<li><font size=1>Choose your path through a nonlinear level-70 raid dungeon, as you make your way to... </font>
<li><font size=1>Face Illidan himself!</font></ul></font></ul>So neat. Not a lot there, but interesting none-the-less. Thanks to <A HREF="http://www.blizzplanet.com">BlizzPlanet</a> for spotting it.

Kerrah
02-22-2007, 02:41 PM
"steeped with warcraft lore" ?

All i can say are the forbidden words:

Lore lol.

Wulfang
02-22-2007, 04:02 PM
I just hope this place is cool, adds new and interesting lore and, most importantly, doesn't screw up already existing lore.

Nephalim
02-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Steeped in Warcraft lore... that we introduced, like, three months ago.

EDIT: I looked, and they took it down.

Kenzuki
02-22-2007, 04:59 PM
The Shadowmoon Fortress has been around since Warcraft II guys.

Vonhahn
02-22-2007, 07:17 PM
"and a prime staging ground for the Burning Legion's campaign of destruction."

Dose this Confirm that it was also the Black Citadel?

Vicious
02-23-2007, 05:00 AM
"and a prime staging ground for the Burning Legion's campaign of destruction."

Dose this Confirm that it was also the Black Citadel?

That one was most Likely Hellfire Citadel, since it was in the heart of Hellfire peninsula and Magtheridon is imprisioned there.

Then again, Outland has been completely revamped to its core with the Burning Crusade, it could be the Black Temple.

Krucifire
02-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Ooooooo!

Must attain Tier 6!

Must be first to get Warglaive of Azzinoth (Right) and (left)

must get Illidan's blindfold...

Must get tattooo's.....

Really wish these were drops.... :)

Timolas
02-23-2007, 08:08 AM
Tier 6 better look good. =P Hunter Tier 4 is awesome, Tier 5 is horrible.

Well, I wonder when Zul'Aman will come out. Should be a headache to get to without Flightpaths that's for sure, even more so for Alliance.

Kenzuki
02-23-2007, 09:10 PM
It'd be funny if it ends like every other encounter we've had with Illidan

Illidan: "Wait! What I was doing was actually a GOOD thing look!"

Us: "Oh...

Illidan: "Yeah...you dumbass..."

Us: "Uh...sorry about that."

Illidan: *sigh* "It's fine, I'm gonna go now."

Us: "Uh...ok"

*Illidan makes a portal and leaves, dropping a chest.*

Flamestrider
02-24-2007, 01:59 PM
How on earth could Illidan's tattoo be a drop?

handclaw
02-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Illidan: "Are you trying to scratch off my tattoo!?"

You: "Yes! Can't you see it or what!?"

Illidan: "..."

You: "Oh yeah... Still, why do you ask!?"

Illidan: "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

You: "Huh?"

Illidan: "Use the spoon... Works better..."

You: "Oh, thanks!"

*Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii p*

Illidan: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH"

---------------------------------

Something like that? :P

Kerrah
02-25-2007, 01:39 AM
Illidan: "Are you trying to scratch off my tattoo!?"

You: "Yes! Can't you see it or what!?"

Illidan: "..."

You: "Oh yeah... Still, why do you ask!?"

Illidan: "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

You: "Huh?"

Illidan: "Use the spoon... Works better..."

You: "Oh, thanks!"

*Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii p*

Illidan: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH"

---------------------------------

Something like that? :P
:P

You need Finkles Skinner.

handclaw
02-25-2007, 04:46 AM
:P

You need Finkles Skinner.

DA SPOON > Finkles Skinner! ;P

Creative
02-27-2007, 09:56 AM
DA SPOON > Finkles Skinner! ;P

DAT'S A FORKS JOB!

But, if he drops tatoo's, I expect it to be something like "Holy Rock of Tatoo's" that you use on yourself :p

Nephalim
02-27-2007, 01:24 PM
The Shadowmoon Fortress has been around since Warcraft II guys.Simply being there doesn't make it "steeped in lore."

Kerrah
02-28-2007, 06:00 AM
Simply being there doesn't make it "steeped in lore."
Especially since the biggest source of lore in the fortress (it being once owned by The Draenei) was retconned less than six months ago.

Kenzuki
02-28-2007, 07:57 AM
This is true, it's also apparantly clear that the infamous Battle of Auchindoun, where turalyon and co destroyed the Bleeding Hollow's fortress never happened. There's not even any evidence that the Bleeding Hollow once owned the place!

Aldrius
02-28-2007, 08:12 AM
Well, the Mag'har Bleeding Hollow Village isn't too far from Auchindoun...

In fact isn't it the only orcish village in Terrokar?

Nephalim
03-22-2007, 03:00 PM
The Mag'har were largely in hiding until after Beyond the Dark Portal. The Bleeding Hollow village might not represent where the Bleeding Hollow were at that time.

All the lore surrounding Auchindoun is completely new - IF the old stuff is still canon, there's been no explanation for it or evidence of it.

Cantus
03-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Some quest givers call Auchindoun a Necropolis, so my guess is that it's been fully retconned from the Bleeding Hollow storyline in BtDP. Still, we'll find out more once the novel comes out.

Kenzuki
03-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Some quest givers call Auchindoun a Necropolis, so my guess is that it's been fully retconned from the Bleeding Hollow storyline in BtDP. Still, we'll find out more once the novel comes out.

It was a Scourge base? :P

Creative
03-24-2007, 03:38 AM

Why not? The way Blizzard is going, they could make it like that :p

Kerrah
03-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Ner'Zhul had some experiments going even before becoming the Lich King :P

Aldrius
03-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Speaking of which, there's no mention of the Scourge trying to get to Outland.
*Strokes chin*

I figured there would be.

Timolas
03-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Why would the Scourge want to get to Outland? They've got their hands full on Azeroth as it is.

Aldrius
03-24-2007, 02:43 PM
Because it's their master's homeland?

And Ner'zhul's goal is more than likely to kill Kil'jaeden?

Kenzuki
03-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Speaking of which, there's no mention of the Scourge trying to get to Outland.
*Strokes chin*

I figured there would be.

Why would they want to go there?

Timolas
03-24-2007, 03:11 PM
Because it's their master's homeland?

And Ner'zhul's goal is more than likely to kill Kil'jaeden?
I doubt it... hasn't mentioned anything vengeance related ever.

Even if it was... what could he gain by going to Outland? It's not like Kil'jaeden is even on Outland. It would just spread the Scourge's forces so thin that they would be swept up by the forces on Azeroth and all would be lost.
Not to mention transporting a significant enough amount of troops through the Dark Portal, which is swamped with defenders strong enough to halt a Legion surge. So even if the Scourge did managee to get an army through the portal and kill all the Alliance and Horde forces on that side, they would immediately be rushed by a vanguard of demons.

Tularis
03-24-2007, 03:26 PM
I doubt sending a small force over to Outlands would really change much in the way of the defense of Icecrown Glacier. All it would take is a small group of the Cult of the Damned over there to get things going; they wouldn't even need to surge through the Dark Portal, just simply walk through as if they were members of the Alliance or the Horde. After that, with some planning and whatnot, the invasion can begin. After all, the Lich King is immortal; he doens't really need to worry about time being against him.

Whether he does that or not, its just one example of how he could start something over on outlands without committing to large a force. And I don't think its entirely beyond his beliefs to want to go to Outlands; he hates all live and wants to destroy it. The Old Gods seem to be attempting some sort of presence there, and they are more firmly part of Azeroth then LK is.

Kenzuki
03-24-2007, 03:34 PM
But what is his motive? It's more complicated than just "rawr I want kill stuff!"

Aldrius
03-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Outland is the first step in the rest of the universe. Plus the legion has more forces on Outland.

Kenzuki
03-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Outland is the first step in the rest of the universe. Plus the legion has more forces on Outland.

He hasn't even conquered all of Northrend yet and you expect him to want the universe?

Aldrius
03-24-2007, 04:54 PM
The universe is where Kil'jaden is. That's what I meant.

Kerrah
03-25-2007, 01:52 AM
The universe is where Kil'jaden is. That's what I meant.
And you suppose for him to kill Kil with some simple troops he could use to concure Azeroth instead, creating thousands of more troops?

Aldrius
03-25-2007, 03:57 AM
I don't know, I'm just theorizing. =x I didn't think about it that much!

*Shields face*

Vicious
03-25-2007, 08:35 AM
I don't know, I'm just theorizing. =x I didn't think about it that much!

*Shields face*

BUT YOU SHOULD, DAMN IT!!

STOP WASTING MY PRECIOUS INTERNET TIME!!

He´s probably worrying about the shit load of enemies he has on Azeroth before making his move on Kil´jaeden altought it seems that every freaking person on the universe is playing the waiting game.

Creative
03-25-2007, 10:57 AM
I think the reason is a lot more obvious. His mindcontrol don't work all the way to Outland, it is in another part of the universe, after all.

Imagine, he sends out a part of his army... And as soon they get to Outland, they all receive free will? Such a blow would be devastating to the Scourge.

Flamestrider
03-25-2007, 12:03 PM
He hasn't even conquered all of Northrend yet and you expect him to want the universe?

Well, the same ought to be true of the Old Gods, but look what happened there. I mean, when it comes down to it, Blizzard will bring the Scourge to Outland if they want more content, and reasons be damned.

Timolas
03-25-2007, 02:01 PM
I doubt they'll bring the Scourge to Outland, since Outland is practically finished except for the Black Citadel/Temple/word.
There's already a crap load of factions there for any additional content they'd possibly want to add there.

Though I'm quite sure they won't look at Outland much after the Black Citadel. If anything they need to finish Azeroth.

Vicious
03-26-2007, 05:06 AM
Well, the same ought to be true of the Old Gods, but look what happened there. I mean, when it comes down to it, Blizzard will bring the Scourge to Outland if they want more content, and reasons be damned.

The Old Gods don´t work the same way as the Lich King and they are not in the same situation, as long as there is someone to be corrupted, they are behind the scenes doing their thing, personally it didn´t seemed that far-fetched their appearence in Outland.

But yeah, "The Old Gods did it".

Aldrius
03-26-2007, 05:09 AM
Personally I think the Scourge going to Outland is alot less far-fetched than the Scourge. I mean atleast the Scourge would have a purpose in doing so. =x

Vicious
03-26-2007, 05:17 AM
Personally I think the Scourge going to Outland is alot less far-fetched than the Scourge. I mean atleast the Scourge would have a purpose in doing so. =x

I think that Aldrius just broke.

Aldrius
03-26-2007, 05:28 AM
Don't just stand there then! Put me back together!!

Vicious
03-26-2007, 05:29 AM
Don't just stand there then! Put me back together!!

The instructions are in french.

I can´t read shit in french!

Aldrius
03-26-2007, 05:45 AM
Damn French!

Fool me once, shame on me... fool me twice... shame on you.

Creative
03-26-2007, 06:28 AM
Fool me once, shame on me... fool me twice... shame on you.

Why did you post that? What does this have to do with French? I'm confused. x_X

Aldrius
03-27-2007, 12:38 AM
The French have fooled me before?

I dunno. I was talking about Vicious putting me back together. It wasn't really supposed to make sense.

I just like quoting things.

markellion
03-27-2007, 06:19 AM

I think you need to edit that :0

Vicious
03-27-2007, 07:47 AM
The French have fooled me before?

I dunno. I was talking about Vicious putting me back together. It wasn't really supposed to make sense.

I just like quoting things.

Hey, if we managed to confuse at least one person with random giberish, that´s a victory in my book.

Aldrius
03-27-2007, 12:49 PM
I think you need to edit that :0

Why? That's what I meant to say.

Haven't you ever read MacBeth?

Hey, if we managed to confuse at least one person with random giberish, that´s a victory in my book.

*Gasp* Mine too!

markellion
03-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Never read read Macbeth :0

Personally I think the Scourge going to Outland is alot less far-fetched than the Scourge.
I mean atleast the Scourge would have a purpose in doing so. =x

Can you explain what this means

Kenzuki
03-27-2007, 07:11 PM

Dude, stop taking meth while you browse the net.

Kakwakas
03-27-2007, 07:31 PM
http://home.graffiti.net/kakwakas/AldriusMeth.PNG

Aldrius
03-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Never read read Macbeth :0

Can you explain what this means

Read MacBeth.

Dude, stop taking meth while you browse the net.

I want to. It's just so hard.

http://home.graffiti.net/kakwakas/AldriusMeth.PNG

Well I'm kindof offended by that!

But kinda proud that I'm helping send a message.

istildontgetwutssowrongwitmiposlol.

markellion
03-27-2007, 08:06 PM
THAT WAS AWSOME
<3 Aldrius

istildontgetwutssowrongwitmiposlol.

Stop taking meth and you'll see whats wrong with your post lol

Vicious
03-28-2007, 07:17 AM
Posting in an epic thread.

Creative
03-28-2007, 07:39 AM
wtf is meth? :o

markellion
03-28-2007, 07:55 AM
wtf is meth? :o

Do you go outside or read the papers :0

Kerrah
03-28-2007, 07:59 AM
Posting in an epic thread.

Wow, the first ever thread where anyone posts one of those!

Posting in an epix thread!

Creative
03-28-2007, 08:53 AM
Do you go outside or read the papers :0

Checked on Wiki. How could I know it was short for something?

Christ, kids these day...

markellion
03-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Checked on Wiki. How could I know it was short for something?

Christ, kids these day...

Its ok, its just that where I live it would be impossible for someone not to know what meth is, so what you said surprised me

Just go off the trail in the woods and you might just find a meth lab lol. Its sad really

Wulfang
03-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Its ok, its just that where I live it would be impossible for someone not to know what meth is, so what you said surprised me

Just go off the trail in the woods and you might just find a meth lab lol. Its sad really

USA is getting worse by the day... but they're still getting more immigrants than the whole Europe.