PDA

View Full Version : StarCraft 2 Coming?

Warlock
04-27-2007, 09:59 AM
I am not usually one to comment on rumors, but this one is starting to look credible. Supposively there has been a leak that Blizzard will announce StarCraft 2 at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitation in Korea. Here was the quote:
<ul><font size=1>ThisisGame: "Starcraft 2 will be announced to the public on May 19th at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitation (WWI).

On April 25th, according to game company Blizzard Korea Entertainment, it is confirmed that they will announce Starcraft 2 demonstrating it with both vods and graphics. Furthermore, the developers of Starcraft 2 will be there, and have time to answer the questions."</font></ul>Which is all well and good, but that's still 100% rumor mill. That is, until Blizzard semi-confirmed it <A HREF="http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/luke%7C-i-just-soiled-myself/blizz-confirms-new-product-next-month-255518.php">over at Kotaku</a>:
<ul><font size=1>"We do intend to announce a new product at the Worldwide Invitational next month in Korea, and we appreciate the enthusiasm and interest in getting an advance look at what that will be, but players will have to wait until May 19th to find out more. Also, we have a very strong connection with the characters and settings of StarCraft, and we do plan to revisit that universe at some point in the future, but we don't have anything new to announce in that regard at present. "</font></ul>Given the previous rumor, this is looking pretty good. We should know for sure in May. Many thanks to Rebirth and <A HREF="http://www.blizzplanet.com/">BlizzPlanet</a> for spotting this.

Aldrius
04-27-2007, 10:35 AM
*Dances*

Finally! Blizzard is back in business!

Nephalim
04-27-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm of the current mind that Blizzard has momentarily lost their way, of late. While they've far from ruined Warcraft, they're not making it easy to be a fan. I was hoping they'd get their act back together before they moved on to their other franchises again.

Vicious
04-28-2007, 03:09 AM
Still, i´m eager to see what they are cooking up next.

I hope it´s not another MMO though.....that would suck hard.

Timolas
04-28-2007, 06:03 AM
I hope it´s not another MMO though.....that would suck hard.

Yeah, that would mean a lack of storyline and I'd have to pay monthly just to check it out, which I wouldn't want to do anyway.

Vicious
04-28-2007, 07:26 AM
Yeah, that would mean a lack of storyline and I'd have to pay monthly just to check it out, which I wouldn't want to do anyway.

Yeah, Warcraft is stagnated as it is, it would sucks if that happens to another of their franchises.

Plus more monthly paying is a pain.

Nephalim
04-28-2007, 11:01 PM
In all likelihood it'll probably have something to do with Warcraft, just like... well, the rest of Blizzard. A Warcraft console game would cover a ton of bases. It would potentially bring new players to the franchise, old players would be likely to buy it, and it wouldn't directly compete with World of Warcraft.

While console forays into Diablo and/or Starcraft would certainly prove lucrative as well, Warcraft is the best choice for right now. Tons of people are playing it and everyone knows about it. Plus, they bought Swingin' Ape and they MUST have been doing something since Ghost was canned.

Just a thought. I'm not sure if I'd be happy or disappointed if that was the announcement.

Aldrius
04-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Well... really... why announce anything BUT a StarCraft game at a StarCraft invitational? Granted it's highly possible it's something else... but I don't see anything else generating that kind of hype at a StarCraft convention. :P

'Get ready StarCraft players... FOR DIABLO 3/WARCRAFT: FPS/NEW MMO!!' Yeah, that'd go over well. :P

Kenzuki
04-29-2007, 08:42 AM
The Koreans will go nuts over this.....Which is good, maybe the number of gold farmers will go down.

Timolas
04-29-2007, 09:17 AM
Yeah, let's make way for mineral and vespene gas farmers.

Cantus
05-02-2007, 02:40 PM
I can already see thousands of SCV's trying to mine one small mineral field all spamming "Cheap Gold at www.z3rgru5h.com" and getting ganked by burrowed hydralisks/lurkers.

Damn it, now I want to play Starcraft again...must study for finals...must resist urge to mass carriers.