PDA

View Full Version : Memo to SoL Bachelors: Attract Women By Not Failing At Life

Bolvar
09-19-2011, 02:40 PM
http://ricochet.com/main-feed/Men-Have-Quit

The article (for those who hate clicking on links):

Since the 1960s, women have done very well for themselves. If anything, equality has meant that women are much higher achievers than are men; women represent the solid majority of students in universities, and they are dynamic and successful in the workplace. All of this is good.

The problem is with men. Several years ago the Washington Post reported that 1/3rd of all men between the ages of 25 and 40 live at home, with their mothers. Somehow I doubt the situation has improved. Men are dropping out. They do this for many reasons.

One reason is that women have become so impressive. When faced with competition from a woman, a real man has two choices. He can stay and fight, or he can walk away. If he stays and fights, he either wins, or he loses. What kind of a man respects himself for beating a woman? It goes against every chivalrous grain in our bodies. And if he loses, then he has truly lost. A man who cannot best a woman is not a gracious loser. He is, simply, castrated. So what does a red blooded American man do when faced with female competition? He refuses to play. He drops out, and lives at home with his mom. He can always win at Nintendo. And in the fantasy world, he can compete to his heart's content, secure in the knowledge that he is battling other men. Red-blooded males who do get jobs are most comfortable choosing professions where women, by and large, are not. These jobs tend to be blue collar, and so they don't, as a rule, pay very well. And that ends up reinforcing the problem.

This phenomenon is being repeated everywhere women have been liberated. The same proportion of men are dropping out in Western Europe and Japan, for example. Over a million young men are Hikkimori -- they don't leave their rooms. They have no jobs. They have no life. And nobody can deal with it.

But at the same time, some 90% of young Japanese women in their 20s and 30s "refuse" to get married and settle down. Is it any wonder that the average Japanese woman is now at the end of her childbearing years?
What does this mean for women? It means that the pool of "qualified" men has fallen dramatically in recent years, and most women are going to inevitably end up with men who are less impressive than they are. After all, more women are college graduates than men. Women get better grades and test scores than men. And this situation means that men, who are instinctively less comfortable with a more successful wife, are increasingly tempted to drop out of relationships as well.

I know many, many young men who have more or less dropped out. Yet they are being pursued by attractive, dynamic, successful women who understand something very basic: Either they settle for any guy with a pulse, or they stand an excellent chance of being loveless and childless.
Women instinctively understand this. I think that there is a reason why women have always pretended to be stupider than they are. They instinctively know that men feel better (and thus more attracted) around such a woman. We can blame men for being retards, but I am not sure it helps. Even when men were men and women were women, women played dumb. Most men prefer a woman who does not intimidate him.

The relationship imbalances that I see around me are truly ominous. Women are settling for very poor relationships with men who have some pretty serious passive aggression problems. But can we condemn them? Women who demand "quality" men, often won't be getting any man at all. I don't think we can condemn women for choosing a poor relationship over the life of a spinster.

I don't have the answer. I think the desire for men to be the more assertive of the sexes is hard-wired, and few men have the self esteem to be married to a smarter/better woman. Those few men, at least those who are not busy sampling the wares, get snapped up quickly. That leaves other women trying desperately make things work, somehow.

So there is an ongoing tragedy on both the personal and the societal levels.

I wish it were not an either/or situation. Can anyone suggest a counterexample: a society in which women have full equality, and men don't drop out?

Discuss.

Revenant
09-19-2011, 03:16 PM
Bolvar, I really hope you have jowls. It would just be funnier.

Ashendant
09-19-2011, 04:33 PM
I hate the term hardwired when referencing to things of the sapient mind...

Bolvar
09-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Bolvar, I really hope you have jowls. It would just be funnier.

I don't get it. Regardless, no jowls. Not yet, anyway. Give it another 15 years.

I hate the term hardwired when referencing to things of the sapient mind...

Not really the discussion I was hoping for.

I think there are some salient points made in this article. The fact that women have begun to out-pace men in terms of educational and career success certainly merits some investigation, not only into the root cause, but also into the effects of this phenomenon.

I can state with complete certainty that I've witnessed this in action - women who are quite intelligent and successful having to settle for milquetoast men because competitive men just aren't capable of dealing with a relationship in which a woman might out-earn them.

Exxile87
09-19-2011, 05:06 PM
I am totally fine with making less money than a woman and would also be fine with being more of a domestic husband if it ever came to that.

Ashendant
09-19-2011, 05:13 PM
I am totally fine with making less money than a woman and would also be fine with being more of a domestic husband if it ever came to that.

Meh i would be fine with that too, sure it's not a easy job and it doesn't get paid, but it's a good life

Bolvar
09-19-2011, 05:13 PM

You might also be missing a testicle.

In all seriousness, this is not as easy as it sounds. And, in fact, while you may be OK with it, you could be hard-pressed in finding a woman that is OK with it.

We're sort of set in these roles, and a lot of women actually want a husband who is "worth" them - a gal who is an attorney making six figures isn't going to treat a low-wage love interest as a serious marriage prospect - you're basically just the pool boy she screws around with.

Ashendant
09-19-2011, 05:19 PM

In all seriousness, this is not as easy as it sounds. And, in fact, while you may be OK with it, you could be hard-pressed in finding a woman that is OK with it.

We're sort of set in these roles, and a lot of women actually want a husband who is "worth" them - a gal who is an attorney making six figures isn't going to treat a low-wage love interest as a serious marriage prospect - you're basically just the pool boy she screws around with.

Meh, like the article says thy will eventually have to accept low income men as marriage material otherwise they aren't gtting any love...

Of course soon most work will be useless, so *yawn

Killchrono
09-19-2011, 05:24 PM

It's funny because this is the kind of attitude and downputting that makes a man feel uncomfortable about being around a woman who is more successful than them.

While I do think men are innately more competitive and prideful than women, a lot of it comes from the stereotypical machismo expectations of men; you HAVE to be strong, you HAVE to be tough, you HAVE to be successful and confident, or you are - as Bolvar said jokingly - missing a testicle.

Personally, I think it's a failing more than most would wish to admit. There's nothing wrong with being proud, determined and confident, but typical male attitudes take it to an extreme. You see it on both ends of the social spectrum; rednecks and bogans picking fights to prove how tough they are, businessmen and politicians making excuses and taking it personally when a business venture or policy fails...there's no room for failure or being second best.

The problem with successful women is that male attitudes stand in the way of people ever being comfortable of the idea of women being the breadwinner. There's nothing wrong with it, really; it's just a matter of male pride.

It's a bit of a paradox, really. The typical attitude is that women go for men who are better and more successful than them for security. But when the woman herself is successful and secure, where does she go from there?

I think the answer is that we simply can't judge this using stereotypical attitudes. We need to think outside the box and accept the male/female dynamic is becoming more flexible and less set than it used to be.

Exxile87
09-19-2011, 05:27 PM

I didn't say it was Plan A...

I'm gonna be too famous for one woman one day anyway.

Killchrono
09-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Okay, fixed and finished my post, if anyone wants to read it.

Omacron
09-19-2011, 06:20 PM
The obvious solution is to promote human cloning so that physical sex and social gender become obsolete. When we are all grown in tanks this will be a moot point.

Ashendant
09-19-2011, 06:26 PM
The obvious solution is to promote human cloning so that physical sex and social gender become obsolete. When we are all grown in tanks this will be a moot point.

Women would still have their periods... and cloning is not that good in terms of genetics.

Altrough growing babies in tubes like in dead space would probably be a excellent idea

Cantus
09-19-2011, 06:32 PM
This is merely a transitory period. As soon as women finally fully integrate themselves into the notion of equality, achieving a state of balance instead of flat dominance/submission (as we've done for the past several thousand years), we'll be fine. Until then it's going to be a rough one, so people need to get the balls to just act like every human being is the same. That includes having the balls to defend yourself against a woman and then deal with the societal consequences. It also includes dealing with not obtaining the same salary as your wife and finding other means to balance the equation (the domestic husband and beyond).

Valkrysa
09-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Well I can say with confidence that the outnumbering guys thing is true in my university, and like the article says guys in my university are sticking to the categories that less women are in: computer science and engineering.

It's actually pretty sad walking into a class at the start of the quarter and seeing maybe only one or two other females. When it gets right down to it even though our society is improving, the tech field is still one that is resisting bringing women in. From an early age it is rare if you are ever encouraged to take on difficult hands on tasks and even less rare that anyone will try to foster an interest in technology in you. Not to mention the abysmally small number of female role models for these fields and you have a recipe for sex segregation.

I don't know what to say about the whole not being able to find decent men thing though. I'm not sure that it is true but even if it was that wouldn't bother me so much, being pansexual(omnisexual).

Ashendant
09-19-2011, 07:13 PM
This is merely a transitory period. As soon as women finally fully integrate themselves into the notion of equality, achieving a state of balance instead of flat dominance/submission (as we've done for the past several thousand years), we'll be fine. Until then it's going to be a rough one, so people need to get the balls to just act like every human being is the same. That includes having the balls to defend yourself against a woman and then deal with the societal consequences. It also includes dealing with not obtaining the same salary as your wife and finding other means to balance the equation (the domestic husband and beyond).

Well I can say with confidence that the outnumbering guys thing is true in my university, and like the article says guys in my university are sticking to the categories that less women are in: computer science and engineering.

It's actually pretty sad walking into a class at the start of the quarter and seeing maybe only one or two other females. When it gets right down to it even though our society is improving, the tech field is still one that is resisting bringing women in. From an early age it is rare if you are ever encouraged to take on difficult hands on tasks and even less rare that anyone will try to foster an interest in technology in you. Not to mention the abysmally small number of female role models for these fields and you have a recipe for sex segregation.

I don't know what to say about the whole not being able to find decent men thing though. I'm not sure that it is true but even if it was that wouldn't bother me so much, being pansexual(omnisexual).

Since i've restarted playing runescape(which i'm quitting because of school), the dogma of absolute balance from a fictional god is sounding more true everyday(no i don't believe in a fictional god), arguments like these just strengthens my ideals that we can only build a better humanity, by trying to achiveing balance in all of things our lives consists.

Exxile87
09-19-2011, 07:21 PM

Wait..omnisexual? You'll fuck anyone and anything?

Valkrysa
09-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Wait..omnisexual? You'll fuck anyone and anything?

Omni in this case meaning consenting beings including humans and aliens (like Captain Jack Harkness in Torchwood/Doctor Who).

Exxile87
09-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Omni in this case meaning consenting beings including humans and aliens (like Captain Jack Harkness in Torchwood/Doctor Who).

No need to clarify; I troll because I care.

On topic, as far as gender roles go, I feel that many of them are based solely on what society values in any given time period. 100 years ago, women couldn't vote or drive and men were expected to...like...do shit work for no money. Or something. Life sucked 100 years ago.

Point is, if a woman makes more money than a man, that's okay. If a man makes more money than a woman, that's okay. As long as both parties are consenting in the arrangement that is their relationship, I don't see the point in expecting the man to be the sole (or even primary) breadwinner by virtue of having a dick.

Omacron
09-19-2011, 07:38 PM

Let's be honest: Have you ever had a non-human being consent to fuck you?
Because otherwise you're just a logical extrapolation of one of those drunk chicks who kisses another girl at a party and therefore proclaims herself as a bisexual, only instead you've just masturbated to the idea of a sexy alien (which in all probability just looked like some hunky dude with green skin or a tail or whatever) and therefore proclaim yourself to be sexually open to things that haven't even been proven to exist.

In summation: Unless I see a picture of you covered in E.T.'s jizzum, I'm going to assume you're lying.

Layam
09-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Memo to SoL Sheep: There's nothing stopping a man from being successful this is a phase. Just because a societal trend pops up doesn't mean it's the end of the world.

actually...

Dear White Dudes:

Stop freaking out at a drop of a hat. It does nothing, work harder if you have an issue with some other group doing better than you.

Edit:

Omacron, how dare you I masturbate to protopalsm!

Cantus
09-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Let's be honest: Have you ever had a non-human being consent to fuck you?
Because otherwise you're just a logical extrapolation of one of those drunk chicks who kisses another girl at a party and therefore proclaims herself as a bisexual, only instead you've just masturbated to the idea of a sexy alien (which in all probability just looked like some hunky dude with green skin or a tail or whatever) and therefore proclaim yourself to be sexually open to things that haven't even been proven to exist.

In summation: Unless I see a picture of you covered in E.T.'s jizzum, I'm going to assume you're lying.E.T.'s the easy one, the crazy stuff starts when you're screwing an Alien brood mother.

Exxile87
09-19-2011, 07:44 PM
E.T.'s the easy one, the crazy stuff starts when you're screwing an Alien brood mother.

Psh. I'm terrified of the chick that takes on Predator (does that thing even have a species name?).

Yuber8900
09-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Psh. I'm terrified of the chick that takes on Predator (does that thing even have a species name?).

Yeah. A couple actually.

Exxile87
09-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Yeah. A couple actually.

Wikipedia'd that shit cause I got curious. "Yautja" sounds like an expression of pain and "Hish" is just badass. Ergo, I'm calling them Hish from now on and mocking anyone that doesn't immediately know what I'm talking about. In true hipstergeek fashion.

Omacron
09-19-2011, 07:55 PM

Alice Braga?

Exxile87
09-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Alice Braga?

I meant sexually. But I love me some Alice Braga. She's surprisingly attractive for a latina with no boobs or booty.

Valkrysa
09-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Funny how a single less than important line is leading to some varied places. (of course with this forum it is to be expected)

Anyways, I'm with Ashendant in that I see a brighter future for humanity; one where we will be able to transcend the things that are keeping us hurting each other. As said in Sweeney Todd: "There are two kinds of people and only two, the one staying in his proper place and the other with his foot in the first ones face." Once we can move past this mentality we will be able to transform our culture in ways that not even the most optimistic scifi can predict.

p.s. to Omacron: If someone is sweet and enjoyable to be around why would it matter if they are bleeping or have two heads or can fold their eye lids inside out. Sure it might just be hypothetical, but in that case I'm a pansexual with hypothetical omnisexual ability.

Orifiel Whitedeer
09-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Speaking as one of those college-degree having, career ladies, I have to say a man needs to be a man where it counts: the bedroom. Other than that, I have a bit more leeway when it comes to the job market because its trash right now.

I know men 3 times as qualified as me to do various jobs, have much better/higher education but just can't find anything. Its all who you know, and women tend to be better networkers in that regard based on how we're raised to "get along" and "play nice" where as boys get the more "be tough" and etc routine, most seem to anyway.

As for the house husband thing, so long as he actually does chores and cooks my dinner rather than sit up on his ass and play Xbox all day while I work and bring home the bacon, there wouldn't be a problem.

Omacron
09-19-2011, 08:09 PM
p.s. to Omacron: If someone is sweet and enjoyable to be around why would it matter if they are bleeping or have two heads or can fold their eye lids inside out. Sure it might just be hypothetical, but in that case I'm a pansexual with hypothetical omnisexual ability.

Well don't call yourself something that doesn't exist. I don't call myself a cyborg, just a transhumanist.

Revenant
09-19-2011, 08:12 PM
Transhumanism is currently the domain of really really annoying webcomics.

Exxile87
09-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Speaking as one of those college-degree having, career ladies, I have to say a man needs to be a man where it counts: the bedroom. Other than that, I have a bit more leeway when it comes to the job market because its trash right now.

I know men 3 times as qualified as me to do various jobs, have much better/higher education but just can't find anything. Its all who you know, and women tend to be better networkers in that regard based on how we're raised to "get along" and "play nice" where as boys get the more "be tough" and etc routine, most seem to anyway.

As for the house husband thing, so long as he actually does chores and cooks my dinner rather than sit up on his ass and play Xbox all day while I work and bring home the bacon, there wouldn't be a problem.

/dreamgirl

Omacron
09-19-2011, 08:19 PM
Transhumanism is currently the domain of really really annoying webcomics.

Dresden Kodak and Freakangels have their moments.

Revenant
09-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Dresden Kodak and Freakangels have their moments.

I was so thinking of those two (and others). :eek:

HalfElfDragon
09-19-2011, 08:24 PM
I think 'balance' and 'humanity' are mutually exclusive in all but the rarest of circumstances. We won't be ever become a race of Ghandis and MLKs. We'll go extinct before then.

Valkrysa
09-19-2011, 11:59 PM
Actually a transhumanist as well. Despite all the criticisms against it I have confidence that genetic enhancements are almost a guarantee at some point in the future as medicine continues to improve the conditions we face.

No need to clarify; I troll because I care.

<3

Bolvar
09-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Anyways, I'm with Ashendant

And thus, you have already made a fatal error. I weep for you.

Here's the problem:

1. We're raising shitheads for men right now. There's no two ways about it. If you can't get off your ass and out of your mom's basement, that's all on you. Period. I can't believe this is even debatable or excusable. Sack up, get a job, get your own place. It's really not that hard. You'd be surprised on how little you can live on. I know. I've done it. Ramen noodles are tasty and affordable, and piss on anyone who disagrees. You think starving kids in Africa wouldn't cut you to enjoy that kind of meal?

2. There's kind of a problem with EEOC and Affirmative Action. I've seen, on a number of occasions, qualified white men get quota'ed out of a job that went to a woman or a minority (and, honestly, if you're a female who happens to be a minority, you are SET).

With that said, that's STILL not an excuse. Get the hell off your sofa, get a job, get your own place, and get a reliable form of transportation. You'll be AMAZED at how much just doing that much will impress the shit out of the ladies these days. No lie - they've had to set the bar pretty low. You pull off that much, you're ahead of the pack.

I'm posting this as a public service announcement. Because I figure the one way to convince you schlubs to get off the tit of welfare is to convince you of the possibility of getting your hands on actual real-life boobs by becoming a valuable member of society.

(Note, I'm not calling anyone here an actual welfare baby. But if you are, you suck, we're tired of paying for you, and, on top of that, you're missing out on all the good poon. So, there.)

Killchrono
09-20-2011, 01:14 AM
I was actually gonna post a lengthy, thought-out response to Bolvar's post, until I saw this:

Because I figure the one way to convince you schlubs to get off the tit of welfare

Now I get it. This isn't about gender roles at all, this is about you looking for an excuse to bitch about welfare some more.

Nothing to see here folks, Bolvar's just being a conservative troll again.

Valkrysa
09-20-2011, 01:51 AM
I know. I've done it. Ramen noodles are tasty and affordable, and piss on anyone who disagrees.

This. Our household's diet may not be the healthiest but we are living within our means and will continue to do so until our income improves. Which works out because I could never get tired of anything labeled as chickyan flavored.

Royalpimp
09-20-2011, 02:08 AM
Which works out because I could never get tired of anything labeled as chickyan flavored.

My cousin fell in love.

Vil'rexin
09-20-2011, 02:15 AM
As for the house husband thing, so long as he actually does chores and cooks my dinner rather than sit up on his ass and play Xbox all day while I work and bring home the bacon, there wouldn't be a problem.You heard it here folks. As long as you use another gaming device, you are ok with Ori.

Nothing to see here folks, Bolvar's just being a conservative troll again.KC my man, you are letting Bolvar's conservative ways crawl into your skin a bit much. It's his nature to use hyberbole to poke fun at others in the same manner that some folks employ the same methods against Christianity.

Ded Chikn
09-20-2011, 03:16 AM
You heard it here folks. As long as you use another gaming device, you are ok with Ori.

Ori, why you hating on the Xbox?

My girlfriend makes more then I do, almost double. I'm OK with that though since she has a master's degree in her field, along with two other B.S. degrees.

It's also because I'm in school now and have a plan, let's just hope there's a market in the field when I get some papers that say "I been educated"

She also has shit loads of student loans to pay off. so she really doesn't bring but little more then I do. PS Student loans are ridiculous.

Killchrono
09-20-2011, 04:31 AM
KC my man, you are letting Bolvar's conservative ways crawl into your skin a bit much. It's his nature to use hyberbole to poke fun at others in the same manner that some folks employ the same methods against Christianity.

Oh I know. Lampshading it is my way of responding to it.

That said, I admittedly do get a bit tired of the rhetoric. It's one thing to use hyperbole to poke fun at something, it's another to do the same thing every single thread and then act like you're basing your opinions entirely off said hyperbole.

Exxile87
09-20-2011, 05:02 AM
I'm going to be making very little money for travelling around the country and play-fighting with other men, while one or both of us are in nothing but underwear. Any woman I get is going to have to make more money than me.

Lon-ami
09-20-2011, 07:48 AM
The problem is sexism is being fought with sexism, instead of equality, and worse, they're only focusing on the women, leaving the men aside. That makes men give a shit about "equality", since they're treated like murderers and oppressors with no reason at all, while they see society leaves them behind and right-less.

I myself laugh at what politicians call equality now. When marriages break, the women get everything: house, car, dog and children, and then the man needs to give her a monthly salary (no matter she and her new boyfriend have decent jobs), while paying the mortgage for the house.

And don't even get me into sexist violence. A woman's word seems to be law, and I've seen enough cases where a goddamn bitch accused her ex-husband of a shitload of stuff, to then, months later and after all the social denigration, she's confirmed to be lying. In the other side, there's a decent number of woman to man aggressions, but those are utterly ignored or just slightly mentioned.

The goddamn hembrist feminazis are ruining the dream of equality with their bitching. I want women to be as accepted as men in society, with our same rights, but I want the same rights they have now, too, and instead what I'm getting is less rights than before, while the real problems aren't solved at all.

Timolas
09-20-2011, 08:17 AM
I never noticed any of this personally. At my university here in Scotland at least there is no obvious competition or imbalance between girls and guys.

I knew a lot of guys back home who just sat around watching the years roll by and it scared and disgusted me. It seemed like they'd live at home forever. But many of those folks are moving on now anyway.

However, these deadbeats, as you would call them, were not losers because of competition from women. I think losers are losers because they're losers. Not because of women.

Higher up in the hierarchy, in the workplace, I can imagine relationships being affected. But that seems to be an elitist, exclusive thing anyway, not something most people my age would have to worry about until much later on in life.

Lon-ami
09-20-2011, 08:26 AM
I never noticed any of this personally. At my university here in Scotland at least there is no obvious competition or imbalance between girls and guys.

I knew a lot of guys back home who just sat around watching the years roll by and it scared and disgusted me. It seemed like they'd live at home forever. But many of those folks are moving on now anyway.

However, these deadbeats, as you would call them, were not losers because of competition from women. I think losers are losers because they're losers. Not because of women.

Higher up in the hierarchy, in the workplace, I can imagine relationships being affected. But that seems to be an elitist, exclusive thing anyway, not something most people my age would have to worry about until much later on in life.

The "women work harder" theme isn't real at all, I know a good number of lazy and dumb girls, and even shared class with some of them. I don't think they're better or worse, though social education might help them be used to work harder, in some cases. Society just blames fail-men more than fail-women, because of that "general" believe that "women = retarded" some prehistoric men and women have.

Ded Chikn
09-20-2011, 08:31 AM
A woman's word seems to be law,

Women and kids can ruin a persons life with a simple sentence: "(S)He touched me"

Lon-ami
09-20-2011, 08:45 AM
Women and kids can ruin a persons life with a simple sentence: "(S)He touched me"

Yup, and that's a problem when, without proof at all, they can ruin your life until you waste a ton of money demonstrating you did nothing. It's awful, and even more, degrades the real cases.

Bolvar
09-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Oh I know. Lampshading it is my way of responding to it.

That said, I admittedly do get a bit tired of the rhetoric. It's one thing to use hyperbole to poke fun at something, it's another to do the same thing every single thread and then act like you're basing your opinions entirely off said hyperbole.

It was actually an excuse to make a boob joke. Please relax a bit.

Unless you're butt-hurt because you happen to be on welfare, and you're taking it personally. In which case, you've relaxed enough. Get back to work.

HalfElfDragon
09-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Ramen tastes bad.

Omacron
09-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Have I mentioned how I totally lucked out with just everything? On one hand, I'm white enough to come from a family with money and connections, but on the other hand I'm juuuust "South American"/"Hispanic" enough to benefit from positive discrimination and affirmative action when I start using an accent.

It's pretty boss. I mean, fuck, the system's broken, but it's still a system I can work in my favor.

Bolvar
09-20-2011, 09:58 AM
Ramen tastes bad.

Lies. You put enough sodium in anything and it tastes just fine.

Have I mentioned how I totally lucked out with just everything? On one hand, I'm white enough to come from a family with money and connections, but on the other hand I'm juuuust "South American"/"Hispanic" enough to benefit from positive discrimination and affirmative action when I start using an accent.

It's pretty boss. I mean, fuck, the system's broken, but it's still a system I can work in my favor.

I think you're pretty close to the ideal.

A black child adopted by an interracial couple consisting of a white attorney and an asian dentist would be my "jackpot" baby.

HalfElfDragon
09-20-2011, 10:02 AM
You're talking to a man who owns a slab of pure salt here.

Bolvar
09-20-2011, 10:03 AM
You're talking to a man who owns a slab of pure salt here.

Amateur.

I buy 20 pound salt blocks on a regular basis.

HalfElfDragon
09-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Do you cook on the salt?

Bolvar
09-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Do you cook on the salt?

No.

I drop it in the middle of the desert.

Cantus
09-20-2011, 10:50 AM
No.

I drop it in the middle of the desert.
Coconut farming tends to require a lot of salt. (http://content8.flixster.com/question/47/45/69/4745698_std.jpg)

Ded Chikn
09-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Lies. You put enough sodium in anything and it tastes just fine.

Eventually it burns out your taste buds so you can't taste the misery you are actually eating.

Same with spices. There is a point at which it's "too hot", past that it's a competition of whose got more balls.

Magistrix Verdande
09-20-2011, 11:10 AM
http://chzragecomics.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/rage-comics-fluttershy.jpg

That being said, I'd have no qualms dating a woman who is more successful than me. I've never understood or been subject to irrational male pride.

Omacron
09-20-2011, 11:14 AM
I think you're pretty close to the ideal.

A black child adopted by an interracial couple consisting of a white attorney and an asian dentist would be my "jackpot" baby.

Wasn't that one of the kids from Saban's Masked Rider?

Exxile87
09-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Wasn't that one of the kids from Saban's Masked Rider?

And that kid got a good job and superpowers. Point goes to Bolvar.

Bolvar
09-20-2011, 11:24 AM

That being said, I'd have no qualms dating a woman who is more successful than me. I've never understood or been subject to irrational male pride.

I love that comic so much.

Omacron
09-20-2011, 11:26 AM
And that kid got a good job and superpowers. Point goes to Bolvar.

The alien-who-looked-like-a-white-kid got superpowers. He also had a black brother and they were both adopted by a white dad and an asian mom.

Bolvar
09-20-2011, 11:34 AM
The alien-who-looked-like-a-white-kid got superpowers. He also had a black brother and they were both adopted by a white dad and an asian mom.

By "alien" do you mean "latino"?

Because then he's really got it made. Enjoys minority status, but looks white, so he doesn't get pulled over all the time. White dad who grants him access to the good 'ole boy establishment. Asian mom to make sure he does his damned homework. Black older brother to kick someone's ass when it needs kicking, and to give him added street cred.

I think any child in this circumstance would just automatically spawn superpowers based on the cosmically heroic good fortune he enjoys.

Sarahmoo
09-20-2011, 11:43 AM
This kind of topic no matter where it's discussed usually annoys me. Things like "Men should be X" or "Women want Y". People talk as if "men" and "women" are just two people. They're both groups of about 3.4 billion people. People should stop talking as if their personal assumptions or anecdotes represent everyone.

Bolvar
09-20-2011, 11:52 AM
This kind of topic no matter where it's discussed usually annoys me. Things like "Men should be X" or "Women want Y". People talk as if "men" and "women" are just two people. They're both groups of about 3.4 billion people. People should stop talking as if their personal assumptions or anecdotes represent everyone.

From the article:

the Washington Post reported that 1/3rd of all men between the ages of 25 and 40 live at home, with their mothers

We're not just talking personal assumptions and anecdotes. This is a large group of men who are too damned old to be living with Mom. It's a problem. We're discussing it.

Nobody's trying to tell you to get barefoot, pregnant, and back in the kitchen, or take away your right to vote, so just simmer down.

Lon-ami
09-20-2011, 11:55 AM

Personally, I don't want to date a retard. I want someone in my line, and whoever is over shouldn't act as being better than the other. Simple as that.

Also, I personally don't have male pride, I just hate losing to idiots, no matter what they else are. I don't have any problem with anyone not-idiot being better than me.

Sarahmoo
09-20-2011, 12:28 PM
From the article:

We're not just talking personal assumptions and anecdotes. This is a large group of men who are too damned old to be living with Mom. It's a problem. We're discussing it.

Nobody's trying to tell you to get barefoot, pregnant, and back in the kitchen, or take away your right to vote, so just simmer down.

The article was misleading. The Washington Post's source (http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2009/dec/08/young-adults-living-parental-home-ons) for their claim was a single, annual survey done by the U.K. government (which has since been removed (http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/StatBase/Product.asp?vlnk=6303)). And the survey doesn't even give a clear consensus, the rates radically varied per region of the United Kingdom. For example, Northern Ireland being highest while inner London and Yorkshire being lowest because of the greater availability of college housing in those areas. It's hardly an indication of a broad, global social change. Social scientists' analysis for the increasing figure for young people choosing to stay at home was this:

Substantial increase in people going to university.
Lack of available jobs causing unemployment.
Increasing housing prices for first-time buyers.

It's not about gender.

Bolvar
09-20-2011, 12:52 PM
The article was misleading. .

Are you really denying the claim?

In your experience, do more than 2/3 of men in that age bracket seem to NOT live with their mothers?

I don't think it's misleading at all - I know quite a few men that age who are still living with a parent or grandparent.

It's a real problem. Trying to dismiss the accuracy of the data doesn't change the fact that a hell of a lot more men are either unable or unwilling to move the hell out at 18.

Ashendant
09-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Are you really denying the claim?

In your experience, do more than 2/3 of men in that age bracket seem to NOT live with their mothers?

I don't think it's misleading at all - I know quite a few men that age who are still living with a parent or grandparent.

It's a real problem. Trying to dismiss the accuracy of the data doesn't change the fact that a hell of a lot more men are either unable or unwilling to move the hell out at 18.

Sarahmoo said that data was taken down for being inaccurate and you totally ignored her 3 valid points supported by social scientists.
Substantial increase in people going to university.
Lack of available jobs causing unemployment.
Increasing housing prices for first-time buyers.

Bolvar
09-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Sarahmoo said that data was taken down for being inaccurate and you totally ignored her 3 valid points supported by social scientists.

1. Going to college usually = leaving home
2. Bullshit. People just don't want to work minimum wage. Unemployment is 10%. Not 33%.
3. Nobody buys a house at 18. I rented until I was almost 30. This argument is invalid.

Ashendant
09-20-2011, 01:55 PM
2. Bullshit. People just don't want to work minimum wage. Unemployment is 10%. Not 33%.
3. Nobody buys a house at 18. I rented until I was almost 30. This argument is invalid.

1. Why leave your home when you can live it in and go to college, why go to extra expenses for no purpose?(exception people that don't live near enough of a university)
2. youth employment in the uk jumped from 80k to 973k
3. Again why buy a house/get one rented when it's cheaper to live at your parent's home.

Orifiel Whitedeer
09-20-2011, 02:03 PM
1. Why leave your home when you can live it in and go to college, why go to extra expenses for no purpose?(exception people that don't live near enough of a university)
2. youth employment in the uk jumped from 80k to 973k
3. Again why buy a house/get one rented when it's cheaper to live at your parent's home.

1. Because it is a valuable learning experi just as good as what you get in the classroom. You need to learn how to vet along with others in a living environment and to problem solve when you and your rounder gets into a disagreement. Mommy will put up with a lot more if her Childs bull shit than a stranger.
2. I dunno about Europe so I can't comment on that.
3. Because people need to grow up and you can't do that when mummy still wipes your ass and does your laundry. I understand if you're unemployed but despite the fact that I'm often broke after rent I couldn't wait to get my own place despite the cost .

Ashendant
09-20-2011, 02:08 PM
1. Because it is a valuable learning experi just as good as what you get in the classroom. You need to learn how to vet along with others in a living environment and to problem solve when you and your rounder gets into a disagreement. Mommy will put up with a lot more if her Childs bull shit than a stranger.
3. Because people need to grow up and you can't do that when mummy still wipes your ass and does your laundry. I understand if you're unemployed but despite the fact that I'm often broke after rent I couldn't wait to get my own place despite the cost .

1. i can still have those experiences at my own home, unless i'm misunderstanding something here
3. Sounds more like prideful based stupidity

Yuber8900
09-20-2011, 02:09 PM
*snort* Hahahahahahahahahha.

Bolvar
09-20-2011, 02:10 PM

^^^

Actual woman speaking. Doesn't want to date you if you live with your mom.

This is not that difficult people.

Orifiel Whitedeer
09-20-2011, 02:11 PM
1. i can still have those experiences at my own home, unless i'm misunderstanding something here
3. Sounds more like prideful based stupidity

1. Yes in YOUR own home. Key words there.

3. Sounds like you're still a child and don't understand adult independence yet.

Ashendant
09-20-2011, 02:17 PM
1. Yes in YOUR own home. Key words there.

3. Sounds like you're still a child and don't understand adult independence yet.

1. Why can't i have those experiences if live with my parents?
3. I understand and it sounds like it your just acting out of pride and a need for independence, which is not very practical, and often incurs in debt, what i'm saying is that it sounds stupid even trough it's something a lot of people do.

Vil'rexin
09-20-2011, 02:21 PM
There's nothing wrong with getting help if you absolutely need it but I'd recommend using your head and solving problems yourself instead of making a phonecall to daddy to bail you out. I still ask people for advice but ultimately, I make my own decisions. When you get out of your parents house, it's a pivotal step into adulthood of showing the world you are able to be more independent. Not to mention the opportunities for partying and finding that special someone become much easier. Even if living by yourself or with roommates leaves you with only a few dollars to spare for fun, I'd still recommend it over living with your parents until you are out of college and what not. Heck, your relationship with your parents may improve once you get out of the house since they no longer need to bug you with household chores or multiple other reasons. It did with my father.

Orifiel Whitedeer
09-20-2011, 02:24 PM
1. Why can't i have those experiences if live with my parents?
3. I understand and it sounds like it your just acting out of pride and a need for independence, which is not very practical, and often incurs in debt, what i'm saying is that it sounds stupid even trough it's something a lot of people do.

1. Because one day when your parents are no longer able to take care of you and all the bills you living there accrues, how will you take on that responsibility if you've never had it? Dient it bother you that you're a burden on them? If you say you're not why dint you ask them how much your consumption is citing them per month

3. Me living on my own is highly practical. I can take care of myself, I'm building credit in case I need a loan on a home or car, and I am a functioning adult that can and dies give back to the world. And the perception of those who live with mommy us they are none if those things I mentioned.

At the end if the day, I'm not interested in a child. Simple as that.

Ashendant
09-20-2011, 02:38 PM
There's nothing wrong with getting help if you absolutely need it but I'd recommend using your head and solving problems yourself instead of making a phonecall to daddy to bail you out. I still ask people for advice but ultimately, I make my own decisions. When you get out of your parents house, it's a pivotal step into adulthood of showing the world you are able to be more independent. Not to mention the opportunities for partying and finding that special someone become much easier. Even if living by yourself or with roommates leaves you with only a few dollars to spare for fun, I'd still recommend it over living with your parents until you are out of college and what not. Heck, your relationship with your parents may improve once you get out of the house since they no longer need to bug you with household chores or multiple other reasons. It did with my father.
Reasonable explanation.

1. Because one day when your parents are no longer able to take care of you and all the bills you living there accrues, how will you take on that responsibility if you've never had it? Dient it bother you that you're a burden on them? If you say you're not why dint you ask them how much your consumption is citing them per month

3. Me living on my own is highly practical. I can take care of myself, I'm building credit in case I need a loan on a home or car, and I am a functioning adult that can and dies give back to the world. And the perception of those who live with mommy us they are none if those things I mentioned.

At the end if the day, I'm not interested in a child. Simple as that.

1. I will adapt and i will survive, that's what fascinating about us humans, we learn faster than others species. I don't like being a burden to my parents that's true, but if they are willing to help, am i to act ungrateful and refuse(besides my country is currently feeling the backlash of the economical status more than most other countries and it wouldn't be very wise to leave now)

3. You can still do that at your mother's home.

At the end of the day you're judging a person by where they live and not who they are, and you're not interested in someone because you set higher standards. Simple as that

Omacron
09-20-2011, 02:39 PM
I live at home and go to college. I'd imagine a significant amount of those who go to colleges in major metropolitan areas do so as well. Of course, not only does my mom provide my house but she also got me a job, a job that makes me the highest earner out of all of my friends I know who are employed. Nepotism pays, beeyotch.

Ashendant
09-20-2011, 02:42 PM
I live at home and go to college. I'd imagine a significant amount of those who go to colleges in major metropolitan areas do so as well. Of course, not only does my mom provide my house but she also got me a job, a job that makes me the highest earner out of all of my friends I know who are employed. Nepotism pays, beeyotch.

Although i hate Nepotism,it's very much practical.

Orifiel Whitedeer
09-20-2011, 04:25 PM
The point of the topic is do women want men who live at home with mom? Answer, generally, is no.

I'm not talking about college kids, I'm talking about graduates/drop outs who would rather sit around all day than even bother attempting to find a job and make something of himself. I want a mate, not a baby and girls are NOT into the mother in a mate thing. I've dated them, never again.

Valkrysa
09-20-2011, 04:25 PM

There are so many things wrong with this graphic, its math is correct, its assumptions and relation to actual goals is wrong.

Bolvar
09-20-2011, 04:29 PM
There are so many things wrong with this graphic, its math is correct, its assumptions and relation to actual goals is wrong.

True.

Not all bitches hate maths.

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/995/995105/danica-mckellar-20090615090750292.jpg

Vil'rexin
09-20-2011, 04:43 PM
1. I will adapt and i will survive, that's what fascinating about us humans, we learn faster than others species. I don't like being a burden to my parents that's true, but if they are willing to help, am i to act ungrateful and refuse(besides my country is currently feeling the backlash of the economical status more than most other countries and it wouldn't be very wise to leave now) Please tell me you would at least plan for this scenario instead of running into it like a chicken with its head cut off? I'd highly suggest you do so if you aren't already. As to receiving help from them, only accept what you really need. There might be a time when they need help from YOU and if you are too busy playing Call of Duty, you'll be ill-equipped.

not only does my mom provide my house but she also got me a job, a job that makes me the highest earner out of all of my friends I know who are employed.See, it's just not in my nature to accept so much help from my parents past 18. I can't accept a job from my father or housing if I have the means to get them myself even if it would be better than what I can produce.

Sonneillon
09-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Will your mom let you install a sex swing in the living room? If the answer is "No" move out, if the answer is "yes" can I have her number.

HalfElfDragon
09-20-2011, 04:57 PM
See, it's just not in my nature to accept so much help from my parents past 18. I can't accept a job from my father or housing if I have the means to get them myself even if it would be better than what I can produce.

See, its totally in my nature to accept a job from my mom, but the thing is my mom will never actually have a job to offer me. Unless I want to be a secretary or run papers for her or something.

Killchrono
09-20-2011, 05:08 PM
It was actually an excuse to make a boob joke. Please relax a bit.

Unless you're butt-hurt because you happen to be on welfare, and you're taking it personally. In which case, you've relaxed enough. Get back to work.

Considering I'm working two part-times jobs that add up to full-time work and then some, I think I'm pretty set ATM.

It's funny because I had the exact opposite fight with my parents during my university years.

My parents were overwhelmingly supportive. In fact overburdeningly supportive at times. They insisted it was better I stayed home, that I didn't need to throw away my money on rent, that there was nothing wrong staying home and asking for help from them. I told them everything people in this thread have been saying; that I needed to stand on my own two feet, learn to be independent, that people will respect me more if I do etc.

Of course, they probably worried because I used to be the autistic kid who did rely on them too much and couldn't look after myself and cried at the slightest nuance of pain. I don't think they ever quite got over that.

Omacron
09-20-2011, 05:16 PM
See, it's just not in my nature to accept so much help from my parents past 18. I can't accept a job from my father or housing if I have the means to get them myself even if it would be better than what I can produce.

Well, I'm going to school and work in New York. First of all, a starter apartment in New York is far, far more expensive than anywhere else in the country. Second, it's redundant: we have two people living in a three bedroom apartment. It's not like we're hurting for space or anything. Third, my mother's been teaching me her business since I was a little kid. I'm more qualified than anyone else entering the field at my age, anyway. Had I, for whatever reason, applied to a publishing company or literary agency that wasn't owned by my mother with the exact same amount of experience I'd have been hired, anyway.

Will your mom let you install a sex swing in the living room? If the answer is "No" move out, if the answer is "yes" can I have her number.

One of the companies my mom owns is a porn company- we already have one! But as for getting her number, you've gotta get in line behind Cantus, he's been barking up that tree for a while.

Killchrono
09-20-2011, 05:25 PM
One of the companies my mom owns is a porn company- we already have one! But as for getting her number, you've gotta get in line behind Cantus, he's been barking up that tree for a while.

I'm going to ask what we're all thinking...

...pics plz

Omacron
09-20-2011, 05:26 PM

...pics plz

She's nothing to write home about: she owns a porn publisher, it's not like she appears in porn or anything.

HalfElfDragon
09-20-2011, 05:29 PM

Burning people! He say's what we're all thinking! (http://portal.biringa.com/images/9/99/GLaDOS_potatos_cave_deathspeech_reactions10.wav)

Vil'rexin
09-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Well, I'm going to school and work in New York. First of all, a starter apartment in New York is far, far more expensive than anywhere else in the country. Second, it's redundant: we have two people living in a three bedroom apartment. It's not like we're hurting for space or anything. Third, my mother's been teaching me her business since I was a little kid. I'm more qualified than anyone else entering the field at my age, anyway. Had I, for whatever reason, applied to a publishing company or literary agency that wasn't owned by my mother with the exact same amount of experience I'd have been hired, anyway.I live out in the Midwest where it sometimes takes up to 2 hours just to reach the next town. If you want any sort of decent future that doesn't rely on your parents, you need to go to a bigger city. There's nothing really wrong with your situation as long as you have an income, pay your bills, and are a decent citizen. I'm sure your long-term goals don't involve living with your mother with a future family and having her watch the grandkids while you and the wife get shitfaced.

Really though, I just value my independence from my family more so than other posters. The whole idea that my father won't see a movie until it comes out on Blu-Ray just drives me nuts.

See, its totally in my nature to accept a job from my mom, but the thing is my mom will never actually have a job to offer me. Unless I want to be a secretary or run papers for her or something.I feel that if I accept a job from my parent and it ends up becoming a long-term position, I'll only be who I am because of them and not my own achievements.

Killchrono
09-20-2011, 05:46 PM
She's nothing to write home about: she owns a porn publisher, it's not like she appears in porn or anything.

Fun fact: one of my friend's mums writes erotic fiction. I did an interview with her for my feature writing class.

I think that was the first time I ever spoke to anyone about the difference between love making and fucking.

Burning people! He say's what we're all thinking! (http://portal.biringa.com/images/9/99/GLaDOS_potatos_cave_deathspeech_reactions10.wav)

YEAH TAKE THE LEMONS!

I feel that if I accept a job from my parent and it ends up becoming a long-term position, I'll only be who I am because of them and not my own achievements.

That's more or less what my folks told me when I said I felt I was getting too much assistance from them. They always said 'we can show you how to do something, but you're the one who has to do the work yourself.'

Omacron
09-20-2011, 05:50 PM
It depends on the housing market of the future, really. I think the fact that a good chunk of my friends being Asian, where multiple generations usually share the same home, is also rubbing off on me. I mean, since my mom pays for my house and most of my food and my only real "expense" is my girlfriend who I see somewhat infrequently, I have the opportunity to put a lot of money away for the future. So assuming that, if the economy picks up in the next 3-8 years or at the very least the housing market does I intend to move out a few years after graduating college... but on the other hand, if my girlfriend/wife in the future's cool with it I'd honestly consider pooling my money with my mother and getting a bigger house than I could afford on my own when it's time to settle down and start a family (mostly because I've always wanted to live like the Adams Family), plus she could definitely look after my kids while me and my wife work. I've always been very close to my mother, though, and sometimes we joke about me keeping her severed head in a freezer after she dies.

We're weird.

Vexander
09-20-2011, 05:53 PM
It depends on the housing market of the future, really. I think the fact that a good chunk of my friends being Asian, where multiple generations usually share the same home, is also rubbing off on me. I mean, since my mom pays for my house and most of my food and my only real "expense" is my girlfriend who I see somewhat infrequently, I have the opportunity to put a lot of money away for the future. So assuming that, if the economy doesn't pick up in the next 3-8 years or at the very least the housing market does I intend to move out a few years after graduating college... but on the other hand, if my girlfriend/wife in the future's cool with it I'd honestly consider pooling my money with my mother and getting a bigger house than I could afford on my own, plus she could definitely look after my kids while me and my wife work. I've always been very close to my mother, though, and sometimes we joke about me keeping her severed head in a freezer after she dies.

We're weird.

The economy is forcing a lot of Americans to return to an early 1900's style of living, in which a child remained in their parent's home until married, and then moved out, so they could support their parents. The issue comes in the fact that most parents today are from the generation that craved personal freedom and independence and had the means to move out of their parent's home by 17 or 18, and now expect/demand that their children do the same, when the means to do so are not viable anymore.

Ashendant
09-20-2011, 05:56 PM
I live out in the Midwest where it sometimes takes up to 2 hours just to reach the next town. If you want any sort of decent future that doesn't rely on your parents, you need to go to a bigger city. There's nothing really wrong with your situation as long as you have an income, pay your bills, and are a decent citizen. I'm sure your long-term goals don't involve living with your mother with a future family and having her watch the grandkids while you and the wife get shitfaced.
I live less than half a hour from Lisbon, which makes it around 40-50 minutes from my home to my university(which i'm starting this year), i just need to take a train and a metro, plus i have university transportation discounts, so it'll probably end being cheaper than renting, i think.

And no those are not my long term goals.

Really though, I just value my independence from my family more so than other posters. The whole idea that my father won't see a movie until it comes out on Blu-Ray just drives me nuts.
:p Some parents just have strange quirks, my father annoys me by constantly inveting new words to annoy both my mother and me.

I feel that if I accept a job from my parent and it ends up becoming a long-term position, I'll only be who I am because of them and not my own achievements.
My mother works at a temporary work office(as works as an accountant and gives out temporary work to others) so i'll probably end asking her for some jobs while i get started.

Killchrono
09-20-2011, 05:56 PM
The economy is forcing a lot of Americans to return to an early 1900's style of living, in which a child remained in their parent's home until married, and then moved out, so they could support their parents. The issue comes in the fact that most parents today are from the generation that craved personal freedom and independence and had the means to move out of their parent's home by 17 or 18, and now expect/demand that their children do the same, when the means to do so are not viable anymore.

More or less the reason a lot of my friends are staying home ATM.

Economic uncertainty is great incentive to stay as secure as possible.

Vexander
09-20-2011, 06:07 PM
More or less the reason a lot of my friends are staying home ATM.

Economic uncertainty is great incentive to stay as secure as possible.

True, but there are other aspects to it as well. Staying at home can build stronger familiar ties, and its easier to maintain a household if multiple people are working to do so. A problem is when one or more people are unemployed (which is far too common right now, myself included), and not actively seeking training/education to get employed (finishing my last course in college, and I'll be doing taxes this January so that'll help).

Then there is also the issue of people who went to college with the, 'Promise,' that a higher education will yield a higher pay and better life, when it is virtually impossible to get a job after getting out of college. For starters, experience in the relevant field is minimal at best, and since the economic crisis continues, people who -should- have retired, have not so as to retain a functioning household. Since those people are experienced and already trained in their fields, its wasteful of a company to force them to retire and then pay to train their replacements, who will still have a 5+ year learning curve where they will make mistakes, that their predecessors would see a commonsense things to avoid.

There really are a vast number of issues all around that are leading to what we see today. Businesses are cutting costs, and a huge cost cut -is- to hire women whom can be paid less than a man. Likewise, Middle-Management is being cut severely, and more reliance is being placed on team-building and communication, which women excel at when compared to men.

Basically, if a business did force someone to retire, they're more likely to hire a women as it is a far better investment all around. That's one of the reasons you'll find many men unemployed and just sitting at home. I don't think that its all this, 'Men feel threatened by competition with women,' even if that does play a factor in it. Women are just a better choice for the workforce during this time.

I mean, look at it this way. You're in a department store, you're looking for something. You see a pretty young girl tidying the floor, and then you see a guy with five o'clock shadow at the customer service desk. Whom do you go to? Most people will feel more comfortable talking to the young woman rather than the man whom they'll feel is judging them.

Ashendant
09-20-2011, 06:41 PM
True, but there are other aspects to it as well. Staying at home can build stronger familiar ties, and its easier to maintain a household if multiple people are working to do so. A problem is when one or more people are unemployed (which is far too common right now, myself included), and not actively seeking training/education to get employed (finishing my last course in college, and I'll be doing taxes this January so that'll help).
It's far more pratical

Then there is also the issue of people who went to college with the, 'Promise,' that a higher education will yield a higher pay and better life, when it is virtually impossible to get a job after getting out of college. For starters, experience in the relevant field is minimal at best, and since the economic crisis continues, people who -should- have retired, have not so as to retain a functioning household. Since those people are experienced and already trained in their fields, its wasteful of a company to force them to retire and then pay to train their replacements, who will still have a 5+ year learning curve where they will make mistakes, that their predecessors would see a commonsense things to avoid.
I read in the news that one university in international management course/degree(don't remember the specific name) has it's students with 100% pos-graduation employment, well 2nd best in the world apparently

There really are a vast number of issues all around that are leading to what we see today. Businesses are cutting costs, and a huge cost cut -is- to hire women whom can be paid less than a man. Likewise, Middle-Management is being cut severely, and more reliance is being placed on team-building and communication, which women excel at when compared to men.

Basically, if a business did force someone to retire, they're more likely to hire a women as it is a far better investment all around. That's one of the reasons you'll find many men unemployed and just sitting at home. I don't think that its all this, 'Men feel threatened by competition with women,' even if that does play a factor in it. Women are just a better choice for the workforce during this time.

I mean, look at it this way. You're in a department store, you're looking for something. You see a pretty young girl tidying the floor, and then you see a guy with five o'clock shadow at the customer service desk. Whom do you go to? Most people will feel more comfortable talking to the young woman rather than the man whom they'll feel is judging them.
True that

Bolvar
09-20-2011, 10:23 PM

Seriously, you can't just lob softballs over the plate like this for Omacron.

Omacron, by the way, is probably the exception to most of the rules.

For one, he has a job.

Second, he's like, 14 years old or something, and still in school, so it's OK for him to be living at home.

Third, his mom has probably offered to videotape him getting it on with his girlfriend and then offer to give him pointers in a film session afterwards, so it's not like he's really getting blocked here.

I'm referring to the 25-40 year-old losers who haven't finished school (or have... or are somehow still going, and we're not talking post-graduate work here), don't have a decent job, and have no money set aside or any viable plan to leave the nest in the immediate future.

I honestly can't see how you could live like that. For one, I don't know why parents tolerate it. My kids are like 6 and 7 years old, and already understand the expectation that they're gone at 18. My old man was the same way. I got so sick of hearing it I left a year early.

Omacron
09-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Second, he's like, 14 years old or something, and still in school, so it's OK for him to be living at home.

I'm 19 and a college sophomore.

And I am interested in this dialogue, mostly because I'm attracted to "powerful women" who aren't either ranting feminazis or violently insane. I view sexuality as intrinsically a struggle and even if my partner doesn't have a dick, relationships (at least with powerful women) are intrinsically dick-measuring competitions. I wouldn't engage in a serious relationship with a woman who didn't have something resembling a career or at least a passion for something. I'm honestly disgusted by women who aspire to be housewives- and I know quite a few of them.

Bolvar
09-20-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm 19 and a college sophomore.

And I am interested in this dialogue, mostly because I'm attracted to "powerful women" who aren't either ranting feminazis or violently insane. I view sexuality as intrinsically a struggle and even if my partner doesn't have a dick, relationships (at least with powerful women) are intrinsically dick-measuring competitions. I wouldn't engage in a serious relationship with a woman who didn't have something resembling a career or at least a passion for something. I'm honestly disgusted by women who aspire to be housewives- and I know quite a few of them.

What I said was meant to exaggerate your youth and what you've achieved at your age, and thus intended as a compliment, not a burn.

You raise a very valid, yet oft overlooked nuance:

"powerful women" who aren't either ranting feminazis or violently insane.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a carefully crafted description. Because ranting feminazis are often just some combination of fat, ugly, stupid, and/or failure, and play their version of the race card to justify their inability to both succeed and secure a decent mate.

And while one could say that all women are insane (and this, by the way, is meant with complete respect and sincerity - the hormonal shit women have to put up with is chemically impossible to endure without compromising one's sanity), what you need to expect is rational, managed insanity - avoid the violent sort.

Iliya
09-20-2011, 10:46 PM
As someone who's going to be moving back in with my family after 12 years of being able to handle the rent on my own, while the first two paragraphs of what Vex said rings true, it brings also a feeling of a loss of independence.

You put out the resumes, you ask around, you get in the interviews, you do the time, you put in the work to get hired, and still nothing.

It's very frustrating and demoralizing.

HalfElfDragon
09-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Only slightly relevant.
http://i.imgur.com/MKjrn.gif

Omacron
09-20-2011, 10:48 PM
My ex girlfriend was bipolar- I'd have to talk her out of suicide one day and the next day she'd pull a knife on me while making out. I'm not talking hormonal, or even PMS, I'm talking someone that should definitely be medicated if not institutionalized. Now, maybe you have to be insane to date me, or maybe I'm subconsciously attracted to the danger an insane woman represents, but the fact of the matter is I'm not just making some off-color misogynistic statement, I've had to deal with the reality.

Bolvar
09-20-2011, 10:58 PM
My ex girlfriend was bipolar- I'd have to talk her out of suicide one day and the next day she'd pull a knife on me while making out. I'm not talking hormonal, or even PMS, I'm talking someone that should definitely be medicated if not institutionalized. Now, maybe you have to be insane to date me, or maybe I'm subconsciously attracted to the danger an insane woman represents, but the fact of the matter is I'm not just making some off-color misogynistic statement, I've had to deal with the reality.

Yeah, I'm not talking about that kind of crazy.

But you have to accept and be prepared for the usual hormonal sort. Surprisingly few young men are, and completely overreact to monthly mood swings.

Omacron
09-20-2011, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I'm not talking about that kind of crazy.

But you have to accept and be prepared for the usual hormonal sort. Surprisingly few young men are, and completely overreact to monthly mood swings.
I've lived with a single mom since I was about 6. I know mood swings.

HalfElfDragon
09-20-2011, 11:46 PM
I've lived with a single mom all my life and I don't really.

Valkrysa
09-20-2011, 11:50 PM
Since feminism issues have become a core part of this thread and people enjoy pictures I found a few neat graphics for the conversation.

http://www.leftycartoons.com/wp-content/uploads/feminist_unneeded_color.png

Here's one on the uselessness of both of the parties in the U.S. on related issues.

http://www.leftycartoons.com/wp-content/uploads/57-years.png

FEMNAZI!!!!!!

http://www.leftycartoons.com/wp-content/uploads/men1.png

Orifiel Whitedeer
09-21-2011, 05:45 AM
Oh gods, don't bring feminism into this. Most People here don't understand it ( even most modern feminists) why don't we stick to the original cOncept of: if you're a useless, lazy, unmotivated, loser: women won't want you :3

Ashendant
09-21-2011, 06:09 AM
Oh gods, don't bring feminism into this. Most People here don't understand it ( even most modern feminists) why don't we stick to the original cOncept of: if you're a useless, lazy, unmotivated, loser: women won't want you :3

Nah i prefer feminism it's less boring, we already discussed the other topic as far as we can and unless someone brings a new point we're just going to start beating a dead horse

Orifiel Whitedeer
09-21-2011, 06:21 AM
Nah i prefer feminism it's less boring, we already discussed the other topic as far as we can and unless someone brings a new point we're just going to start beating a dead horse

A bunch of misinformed people discussing a meaty topic like feminism without research or study beyond their own limited experience is like a bunch of monkeys howling at the top of their lungs and throwing poop. I think I'll pass.

Ashendant
09-21-2011, 06:24 AM
A bunch of misinformed people discussing a meaty topic like feminism without research or study beyond their own limited experience is like a bunch of monkeys howling at the top of their lungs and throwing poop. I think I'll pass.

What's there to study? it's about women wanting more stuff that men tend to have more than them, it's also a cultural movement that tends toward balance in which some parts are entirely hypocritical

Orifiel Whitedeer
09-21-2011, 06:30 AM
What's there to study? it's about women wanting more stuff that men tend to have more than them, it's also a cultural movement that tends toward balance in which some parts are entirely hypocritical

Thank you very much for validating my previous statement...

Ded Chikn
09-21-2011, 06:34 AM
Its about yelling at men for opening doors for you, obviously.

Ashendant
09-21-2011, 06:35 AM
Thank you very much for validating my previous statement...

so then what is feminism? miss wise gal

Orifiel Whitedeer
09-21-2011, 06:52 AM
Congratulations, Ascendant. You are the first dustinguished moron to make his way onto my ignore list for your continued inability to engage me in conversation in a mature manner. Your mother must be very proud.

Foppish
09-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Why would one need to attract women when the internet is so full of porn?

Bolvar
09-21-2011, 07:56 AM
Why would one need to attract women when the internet is so full of porn?

I assume you're just being coy, but even if all you want is an orgasm, an actual woman is about 100x better than your hand. Or your inflatable doll. Or a sheep. Or whatever.

Vil'rexin
09-21-2011, 09:12 AM
Just don't become this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIxlQTKHq30&feature=related/)

Exxile87
09-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Congratulations, Ascendant. You are the first dustinguished moron to make his way onto my ignore list for your continued inability to engage me in conversation in a mature manner. Your mother must be very proud.

He's been on my ignore list for a long time now. I take him off every so often to mock him for a bit, then put him back on.

Vexander
09-21-2011, 09:48 AM
I'll be the first to say, I really don't know much about Feminism, whether modern of past. I'm aware of certain extreme stereotypes, such as the Bra-Burning Gals, or the Feminazi's, but I have a feeling they don't properly represent the entire collective any better than, say,those -really- flamboyant gays represent the gay community. You know, the kind who wear peacock feathers, fish-net stockings, and ride a flamingo everywhere, speaking loudly with a lisp that you're almost 90% sure if fake, etc...

If someone wishes to enlighten us all on feminism, you're welcome to. If not, well, don't blame people for being ignorant =)

Valkrysa
09-21-2011, 09:59 AM
but I have a feeling they don't properly represent the entire collective any better than, say,those -really- flamboyant gays represent the gay community. You know, the kind who wear peacock feathers, fish-net stockings, and ride a flamingo everywhere, speaking loudly with a lisp that you're almost 90% sure if fake, etc...

Right, just like how the westboro baptist don't represent anyone other than themselves or how a radical militant Muslim doesn't represent all of the Muslim world. I think going into it with that mindset and a lot of research you would have no trouble understanding feminism.

Vexander
09-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Right, just like how the westboro baptist don't represent anyone other than themselves or how a radical militant Muslim doesn't represent all of the Muslim world. I think going into it with that mindset and a lot of research you would have no trouble understanding feminism.

Research can be misleading. I will never forget, in High School, this one student, top grade, #1 in the class, AP courses girl, did a research project, on the North Pacific Tree Squid. I don't think she ever lived it down either.

Bolvar
09-21-2011, 10:02 AM
I'll be the first to say, I really don't know much about Feminism, whether modern of past. I'm aware of certain extreme stereotypes, such as the Bra-Burning Gals, or the Feminazi's, but I have a feeling they don't properly represent the entire collective any better than, say,those -really- flamboyant gays represent the gay community. You know, the kind who wear peacock feathers, fish-net stockings, and ride a flamingo everywhere, speaking loudly with a lisp that you're almost 90% sure if fake, etc...

If someone wishes to enlighten us all on feminism, you're welcome to. If not, well, don't blame people for being ignorant =)
http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/uploads/64288/motivational_poster_2.jpg

I have nothing to add. I just enjoy poking feminists.

(cwutididthar?)

Vexander
09-21-2011, 10:08 AM
http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/uploads/64288/motivational_poster_2.jpg

I have nothing to add. I just enjoy poking feminists.

(cwutididthar?)

Sometimes, its in good fun, sometimes, its to be hateful.

I'll never forget this one time, years ago, I was in this guild, and the GL's Girlfriend was in it as well. I never make my actual gender known, but the guild decided I had to be a boy (mostly because of the end result of this story). So, they were tossing around the sexist jokes, left, right, and center, some of which were kind of... well, if the guild wasn't as tight-knit as it was, I felt a law-suit would have been inevitable.

So, it finally ends when the guild leader says to his GF, "Bitch, get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich."

She gives him the death glare, the guild chat goes quiet for all of 5 minutes, then he typed, "I'm just kidding, I'll make it myself."

I don't know what possessed me to type what I did after that. I'd stayed out of the conversation like a smart person should. But for some reason, I typed the following, and was extremely thankful everyone took it as a joke.

"Yeah, because a woman can't even do that right."

I certainly meant it as a joke, but the second I hit the, 'Enter,' button, my mind clicked a light on and went, 'Woah... too far..."

Bolvar
09-21-2011, 10:25 AM
http://img2.moonbuggy.org/imgstore/iron-my-shirt-bitch.jpg

I can do this all day.

Layam
09-21-2011, 10:25 AM
I'd happily help bra-burning feminists! Here let me help you unhinge that...

It's not sexual harassment if I do it in the name of feminism right? Right?

On a more serious note:
Let me break it down really simple for everyone:

Premise 1: Feminism is bad for men.
Premise 2: Feminism is good for women.

Conclusion: Learn to compromise, neither gender is going anywhere. Ever.

I've seen the asinine "I'm going to stay home and have babies" kind of girl, and that's not the world I want to live in.

I've seen the angry "Men are the source of all evil," kind of girl, and I don't think that world would let me live...

In more liberal areas, there have been instances where feminism has gone too far. The perfect example is fighting in schools( No not bullying I mean straight fist fights), it's natural for boys to be violent with each other. I've seen more conflict resolution in a brawl than I've ever seen in months of counseling.

There was a movement in the late eighties, early nineties that either branched out from feminism or was a reaction to it. The attempt to paint young boys and girls as the same, in truth there's no other time they're more different, mostly because of the lack of self control. Boys need confrontation and challenge. There's a growing argument that because we've forced boys into such a confined system in school that they can't learn as well as girls in schools.

Aggression is always going to be around in men, whether it gets internalized, or expressed externally it's going to be there. And while we're coy and make images like:

http://www.leftycartoons.com/wp-content/uploads/men1.png

Which is mostly a funny extreme of the notion, it is true that males have less tools in schools to deal with any disadvantage they could have.

In my old school district there were 28 different programs and clubs specifically targeting girls and their education.

There was 2 programs for both genders and none specifically for boys.

In University there are currently 183 programs to help students that need help, something like fifty of them are female only.

Then we scratch our heads why boys aren't doing better than girls in school? We're not allocating resources specifically to boys like we are to girls.

Do women still suffer inequality? Yeah
One of the obvious ones that's put up as a sign of inequality is the wage difference. Here's the problem with that, women are more of a risk to become a loss of income for companies, because women have to be gone from work during their pregnancy and post-natal care. The market sees that and is less willing to invest as much(in the form of wages) into women because of that risk.

Does that suck? Yes it does, but in the short-term women are more hirable as well. So do we call that an inequality against men then? Or no?

Edit:

And just so we're clear, I make more than both my parents and I still live with them.
Deal with it.

Bolvar
09-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Men get royally screwed in divorce cases. You want equality? Pass a federal no-fault and no-alimony divorce law.

You get divorced? You're both on your own. Don't give me this line about how you gave up everything and deserve half his shit. You don't want to be Suzy Homemaker, remember? You're independent and equal now.

Kids get a 50/50 custody split. Period. End of story.

Orifiel Whitedeer
09-21-2011, 10:49 AM
I'll make a post about the root and original concepts behind TRUE feminism when I get home and I'm not posting on my iPhone.

Ded Chikn
09-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Kids get a 50/50 custody split. Period. End of story.

My friend's girl split with his kid, took him across state lines without his consent and filed for custody. She won despite not having a job, a car, or a steady residence while he had all 3 and could offer things like health insurance etc.

The judge barely even heard the case, gave him visitation rights every other weekend. She agreed to make it every weekend because that meant she had a babysitter while she went out and partied.

I'm sitting there wondering what the hell went wrong with this system where that can happen. The gubmint feeds her cash now on WIC or what have you while he pays child support to buy her jewelry.

Vil'rexin
09-21-2011, 11:07 AM
My friend's girl split with his kid, took him across state lines without his consent and filed for custody. She won despite not having a job, a car, or a steady residence while he had all 3 and could offer things like health insurance etc.

The judge barely even heard the case, gave him visitation rights every other weekend. She agreed to make it every weekend because that meant she had a babysitter while she went out and partied.

I'm sitting there wondering what the hell went wrong with this system where that can happen. The gubmint feeds her cash now on WIC or what have you while he pays child support to buy her jewelry.So many of these incidents that you post on here fill me with rage. I'm just glad I don't know too many people like that personally or I'd go off on them.

Bolvar
09-21-2011, 11:09 AM

I'm sitting there wondering what the hell went wrong with this system where that can happen. The gubmint feeds her cash now on WIC or what have you while he pays child support to buy her jewelry.

Pretty much this. I have seen this way too many times. Single moms get nice government handouts, but divorced moms get even more, because if they lawyer it up, they can win alimony and child support payments that essentially bankrupt their ex. It's out of control.

Ashendant
09-21-2011, 11:12 AM

Well i just asked a question, and reverted the "mister wise guy" thing into the female version(except i forgot the opposite of guy is gal and not girl...so sorry about that last part)

Ded Chikn
09-21-2011, 11:13 AM
So many of these incidents that you post on here fill me with rage. I'm just glad I don't know too many people like that personally or I'd go off on them.

I kind of settled into apathy early on in life. Its prevented an aneurysm or two I'm sure.

Ashendant
09-21-2011, 11:22 AM
I kind of settled into apathy early on in life. Its prevented an aneurysm or two I'm sure.

Apathy is a mostly neutral point, which is good :D

Vexander
09-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Apathy...

They say it is a sin, but like all sins, I'm rather on board with it. I don't think I'm apathetic necessarily, but I also think I give less of a shit than most people on most matters. Should abortion be legal? Why not, chances are if the mother doesn't want it, the kid is going to have a rotten life regardless. Should gay marriage be legal? Lets be honest, the only reason it isn't is because the government would lose a mint in taxes due to the numerous new, 'Married Filing Joint,' status people are capable of.

Can I get angry over this stuff? Easily. Do I? Not worth my energy. Far more realistic and healthy to be pissed off over a fictional game manufactured and written by a company that seems to be increasingly more concerned with making money than providing an excellent, balanced story =)

Ashendant
09-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Apathy...

They say it is a sin, but like all sins, I'm rather on board with it. I don't think I'm apathetic necessarily, but I also think I give less of a shit than most people on most matters. Should abortion be legal? Why not, chances are if the mother doesn't want it, the kid is going to have a rotten life regardless. Should gay marriage be legal? Lets be honest, the only reason it isn't is because the government would lose a mint in taxes due to the numerous new, 'Married Filing Joint,' status people are capable of.

Can I get angry over this stuff? Easily. Do I? Not worth my energy. Far more realistic and healthy to be pissed off over a fictional game manufactured and written by a company that seems to be increasingly more concerned with making money than providing an excellent, balanced story =)

Well said

Bolvar
09-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Apathy...

Your apathy is unattractive to females. I'd mock your perpetual virginity, but you're too cool to care.

Layam
09-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Your apathy is unattractive to females. I'd mock your perpetual virginity, but you're too cool to care.
The lady doth protest too much, methinks

Omacron
09-21-2011, 12:15 PM
I don't think women are any less or more aggressive than men, inasmuch as they are definitely indoctrinated against it more than men. My mother was the person who taught me how to put someone in a chokehold and how to shatter a patella... Then again she was in roller derby back in college.

Bolvar
09-21-2011, 12:18 PM
I don't think women are any less or more aggressive than men, inasmuch as they are definitely indoctrinated against it more than men. My mother was the person who taught me how to put someone in a chokehold and how to shatter a patella... Then again she was in roller derby back in college.

Your mom pretty much fucks up any statistical analysis of women anyone could try to do, so, let's just leave her out of the discussion.

Layam
09-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Historical and societal trends I would think trump in the case of gender behavior no? (Not a behavioral psychologist, I'm actually asking this)

Ashendant
09-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Historical and societal trends I would think trump in the case of gender behavior no? (Not a behavioral psychologist, I'm actually asking this)

Seems so... in ancient greece the trend was that women weren't able to keep their "pants" roll around 2 millenia forward, and the trend is that men are uncontrollable sex addicts

Omacron
09-21-2011, 12:28 PM
Your mom pretty much fucks up any statistical analysis of women anyone could try to do, so, let's just leave her out of the discussion.

I wouldn't even attribute that to my mpther's well documented feminism inasmuch as her less well documented sociopathy, which I'd like to think I inherited.

Bolvar
09-21-2011, 12:41 PM
I wouldn't even attribute that to my mpther's well documented feminism inasmuch as her less well documented sociopathy, which I'd like to think I inherited.

If you'd only been born a girl...

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=343853&t=o (http://gifsoup.com/view/343853/hit-girl-kick-ass.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com/)

Layam
09-21-2011, 12:43 PM

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=343853&t=o (http://gifsoup.com/view/343853/hit-girl-kick-ass.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com/)
I pity her, Nic Cage was her father(in the movie). I'd have anger issues too.

Bolvar
09-21-2011, 12:55 PM
I pity her, Nic Cage was her father(in the movie). I'd have anger issues too.

Her scenes were the only watchable part of the movie.

Vexander
09-21-2011, 01:15 PM

Well, it's like my Management teacher said (jokingly).

When a man is aggressive in the Workplace, he's being Assertive, and it is a quality to be respected and admired in a man seeking advancement.

When a woman is aggressive in the Workplace, she's a Bitch, and probably on the rag.

Layam
09-21-2011, 01:26 PM

When a man is aggressive in the Workplace, he's being Assertive, and it is a quality to be respected and admired in a man seeking advancement.

When a woman is aggressive in the Workplace, she's a Bitch, and probably on the rag.
Anecdotes your teachers give are often decades old. Personal experience will vary, and that trend in the last decade especially has become less true.

Lowtide
09-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Wall of text incoming:

I read a book a while ago "Men - The weak sex".
Why are men the weaker sex? Because hormones make us act in lots of ways that are outright counterproductive and dangerous to us (it's not the brain, 96% of male and female brains are pretty much the same and a man who enjoys talking developes a just as developed speech centre as any woman, it's mostly hormones and enviroment/upbrinding). Men are built to be expendable, we carry the flame to light a woman's spark and defend it but a woman's spark creates the fires that sustain humanity.
Selection has taught us that only the exceptional survive. Females of any species will seek an exceptional male specimen, be it the female Australian bushchicken that looks for the male that has accumulated the biggest shitpile (I just love this comparison) or the doe looking for the stag with the largest antlers. All those things are built on being exceptional because they actually endanger the male (remember being expendable?) and by endangering himself but surviving, the male proves that he can take care of anything, even a woman. That's why men climb mountains (and die on them), discover A bombs (and forget their wife over their studies) and run like madmen over 100 meters (and end up crippled at a young age).
It's not just that, mental disorders, for example, are much more common in women, but it's the men who are more than often the real and absolute nutjobs we read about in the newspapers. And funnily enough, certain very strong disorders are known to make the afflicted very skilfull and suave in social situations. Seeing a pattern?
Our genes drive us to excel, to be noticed, we are with every fiber of our being coded to be special. And if a male happens not to be an exceptional shithorder, scientist or runner, he can still be exceptional at skullduggery and seduction to reap what others have sown.
Women are neither expandable nor that driven to excel. Woman were designed to find the best supporting and protecting male by being pretty or at least not too ugly so they in turn can preserve and shelter. They form networks, try to get along, gather berries (or shoes), they tend the children (or cats) and the cave.
A man's brain is like an orchestra but the front rows are all occupied by trumpets and kettledrums making an awful lot of noise. A woman's front row is occupied by flutes playing in unison and harmony with the rest (results may vary).
It's simple things like men with a supporting, understanding and compromising woman on their side are known to be much healthier than single men wheras women "only" need an harmonious and wide branched social enviroment to be healthy and happy (any surprise why suicide among single men is much higher than among single women?).

I will not go an and blame that society is unhealthy to men. It's just as uncompromising and hostile to women (who want to bear children) as it is to men. It's just that is has become awfully difficult to be exceptional but still fairly normal while women keep "encroaching" on our territories. I, for example, was always very talented at languages, hell, most of the English I know is completely self-taught without knowing any grammar at all (I'm working on this). I'm a very good talker, good at abstract thinking (thus good at drawing and painting) and very good at caring for children. I suck at math, economics and most teamsports. How was I supposed to excel in a "manly" area as a child or teen? Nothing about my skills is exactly manly and I've been hearing that since I was 8. By now, I'm (mostly) over it but in my early twenties, I was crushed because I had the feeling I didn't fit into this society as a "male". I can understand any person giving a rat's ass about the expectations of this society or its females and just do what the hell is fun and the easy way.

Oh, on a side note, I do live at home. I'm curious which stereotypes you can throw at me.

Omacron
09-21-2011, 02:01 PM

I make a damn fine transvestite. If I weren't growing a goatee right now I'd show you.

Saranus
09-21-2011, 02:12 PM
I don't care whether I fit into some paradigm about what an ideal man should be (whether that ideal comes from a man or a woman). I care about results. I don't need to fit into some cookie-cutter provider role as long as I can fly under the radar and steal your girlfriend when you act like the chump you think society wants you to be. Be what YOU want to be and be it 100%. That's what's attractive to women - owning that shit. You'd be surprised how effective a little coy self-deprecation can be when having to own up to your less flattering stats. You've heard it over and over again, but confidence is key. And a sense of humor doesn't help. You've heard, "the quickest way to a man's heart is his stomach" Well, for women you might adapt that to "the quickest way to a woman's heart is through her funny bone." (although her stomach should not be ignored either!)

Then again, I'm not looking for marriage, settling down, long term relationships. This about going out into the world and meeting someone interesting and seeing what happens. I'm in it for the thrill of the chase. If something happens - bonus points. Either way, I'm learning something about someone else and myself. I've been around long enough to not take it personally when I'm rejected and not long enough to be a total cynic about the opposite sex.

Vil'rexin
09-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Oh, on a side note, I do live at home. I'm curious which stereotypes you can throw at me.Perhaps I'm reading this comment wrong but as it's been said before, there's nothing really wrong with living at home AS LONG as you make income or are seeking to and have long-term goals that make you a decent citizen of your country that won't leave you a burden on the rest on society. It's pretty simple really; If your main goal in life involves beating every boss on Heroic mode or becoming the best roleplayer on the realm, you're doing it wrong.

Females of any species will seek an exceptional male specimenThe good thing for men though is that females now have a much more varied definition of what "exceptional" is to them. I'm kinda getting a vibe (not from you directly) that some guys here think it's hard to get with women if they aren't a posterboy of what we perceive as masculinity. Women are looking for mates that have their shit in order or at least are looking to improve a grim situation they might currently be in.

I really should of said women don't like men who display a great amount of apathy. Of course, there's always exceptions but I find this to be true in most cases.

Saranus
09-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Here's the difference between a bushchicken and a human female: the human female possesses in her cranium a large prefrontal cortex that allows her to make decisions and run thought processes that aren't pure instinct/gut reaction. We aren't automatons, we can change our thinking and change ourselves. A bushchicken is never going to willingly choose a bushcock(?) that doesn't have a ginormous shitpile. A human female may choose to ignore her evolutionary leanings and do something different. What's important is she feels good about herself and has good emotions when she's with you.

The lines of thinking I've seen here are fraught with Us vs. Them mentality, when it should be just "Us". Men and women, we're not that different, just an injection of hormones in the womb based on whether there's a Y chromosome or not. Rambling, but I think my larger point is - court a woman's brain and make sure to use yours.

Valkrysa
09-21-2011, 03:01 PM

You rang? This one is so promoted in our society that even people that don't agree with half of the arguments usually still see this one.

http://www.leftycartoons.com/wp-content/uploads/negotiating_pay.png

Bolvar
09-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Here's the difference between a bushchicken and a human female: the human female possesses in her cranium a large prefrontal cortex that allows her to make decisions and run thought processes that aren't pure instinct/gut reaction. We aren't automatons, we can change our thinking and change ourselves. A bushchicken is never going to willingly choose a bushcock(?) that doesn't have a ginormous shitpile. A human female may choose to ignore her evolutionary leanings and do something different. What's important is she feels good about herself and has good emotions when she's with you.

The lines of thinking I've seen here are fraught with Us vs. Them mentality, when it should be just "Us". Men and women, we're not that different, just an injection of hormones in the womb based on whether there's a Y chromosome or not. Rambling, but I think my larger point is - court a woman's brain and make sure to use yours.

Bullshit.

Numerous scientific sociological studies prove that human females in this day and age are still marrying according to the size of our shitpiles.

Ashendant
09-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Bullshit.

Numerous scientific sociological studies prove that human females in this day and age are still marrying according to the size of our shitpiles.

Is that what old people call it?

Bolvar
09-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Is that what old people call it?

You're funny.

I was using his anecdote. So, you could say that's what young people call it.

Ashendant
09-21-2011, 04:02 PM
You're funny.

I was using his anecdote. So, you could say that's what young people call it.

I know i was just having some fun with that anecdote

Garotar
09-21-2011, 05:37 PM
There's plenty of people I've seen married where I wonder what someone sees in the other. It's really not as simple as some people here would make it out to be.

Bolvar
09-21-2011, 05:44 PM
There's plenty of people I've seen married where I wonder what someone sees in the other. It's really not as simple as some people here would make it out to be.

It's plenty simple. The problem is people over-complicate it.

Which is essentially what I'm trying to solve with this thread. Get a job. Women like guys with jobs. It's that easy.

Garotar
09-21-2011, 05:46 PM
It's plenty simple. The problem is people over-complicate it.

Which is essentially what I'm trying to solve with this thread. Get a job. Women like guys with jobs. It's that easy.

I've seen women with jobs wanting men without jobs. Generally just based on the guy's personality.

Again, not as simple as you want it to be.

Ashendant
09-21-2011, 05:47 PM
I've seen women with jobs wanting men without jobs.

Trophy Husbands, Power, Money, there's a lot of things included

Bolvar
09-21-2011, 05:56 PM
I've seen women with jobs wanting men without jobs. Generally just based on the guy's personality.

Yes, and there are rich women who will fuck the illegal immigrant pool boy.

There is a simple explanation for that as well.

There are rules. There are exceptions. Unless you are an exceptionally fit and well-hung pool boy, you should probably stick to the rule, and get a job.

... although, technically, even the damned pool boy has a job.

Ded Chikn
09-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Get a job. Women like guys with jobs. It's that easy.

I got a job, Bitches love jobs.

Bolvar
09-21-2011, 06:17 PM
I got a job, Bitches love jobs.

Do you have a girlfriend?

Ded Chikn
09-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Do you have a girlfriend?

Yep.

Oddly enough, met her at my job.

Bolvar
09-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Yep.

Oddly enough, met her at my job.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Exhibit "A."

In fact, the actual empirical evidence we have so far seems to overwhelmingly support the notion that Job = Copulation.

Bolvar's Scientific Theory of How to get Laid remains valid.

Vexander
09-21-2011, 07:21 PM
Stay at Home Dads -are- becoming a more popular occurrence these days... can't argue that.

Garotar
09-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Yes, and there are rich women who will fuck the illegal immigrant pool boy.

I'm not talking rich women. :) Just so you know.

Either way, you can continue to have a simplified view of things if you really want to. Having a job definitely helps, but it's certainly not the only thing.

Stay at Home Dads -are- becoming a more popular occurrence these days... can't argue that.

Yup. Some of that is because the woman has the higher paying job so it makes sense. Some is because there probably are fathers who would rather stay at home and raise the kids.

Exxile87
09-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Unless the woman has low self-esteem and the guy is able to beat her just enough to remind her that even her best shot doesn't much like her, women want guys that have jobs and money.

Good Charlotte was right; girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money.

Garotar
09-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Unless the woman has low self-esteem and the guy is able to beat her just enough to remind her that even her best shot doesn't much like her, women want guys that have jobs and money.

Good Charlotte was right; girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money.

*shrug* If you want to think that's the only factor, then sure. But as people I know have shown, that doesn't hold true.

Exxile87
09-21-2011, 07:31 PM
*shrug* If you want to think that's the only factor, then sure. But as people I know have shown, that doesn't hold true.

Pro-tip: Don't take most of the things I say seriously. I'm pretty guarded with my real opinions on things.

Killchrono
09-21-2011, 07:33 PM
I really think this topic should be renamed into 'Gender Cliches: The Thread.'

Garotar
09-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Pro-tip: Don't take most of the things I say seriously. I'm pretty guarded with my real opinions on things.

My humour factor is low at the moment, so I may not pick up on people not being serious as well as usual. :)

I really think this topic should be renamed into 'Gender Cliches: The Thread.'

Probably.

Vil'rexin
09-21-2011, 07:39 PM
No one is really saying that a job is the only factor in getting the hos. It's definitely in the top 3 though along with Personality and Physique (Beauty). When you get down to the basics, it's not the job itself but rather the fact it gives you money, which in turn provides security and luxury. Let's just say that a jobless man who inherits a massive fortune (talking enough money to support 2 people for the rest of their lives) is a much better suitor than the guy living with his parents past 25. Women shouldn't feel insulted though since men enjoy security and luxuries just as much. Men just feel it's their duty to provide these things while they want a woman who meshes well with their personality and keeps a great physique (beauty). Of course there are always exceptions but I don't think we can argue that this stereotyping is less common.

Garotar
09-21-2011, 07:41 PM
I think that the stereotype is probably disappearing in modern Western society personally.

Vil'rexin
09-21-2011, 07:45 PM
I think that the stereotype is probably disappearing in modern Western society personally.That stereotype is still king by a longshot though. I'll always support people wanting to live outside the norm as long as it doesn't cost ME money (tax dollars) and you are a law-abiding citizen. At the end of the day, it doesn't effect me if my neighbor's wife forces him to wear a chastity device and she fucks three black dudes at once.

Killchrono
09-21-2011, 07:53 PM
I think that the stereotype is probably disappearing in modern Western society personally.

I don't think stereotypes will ever disappear entirely, but I think they're becoming less prominent. Sure, there'll be people who uphold stereotypes that aren't helping the causes of their gender/race/sexuality/culture etc, but we're past the age where they're accepted without question.

Layam
09-21-2011, 08:02 PM
That stereotype is still king by a longshot though. I'll always support people wanting to live outside the norm as long as it doesn't cost ME money (tax dollars) and you are a law-abiding citizen. At the end of the day, it doesn't effect me if my neighbor's wife forces him to wear a chastity device and she fucks three black dudes at once.
That's a bit more insight into you than I wanted.

Bolvar
09-21-2011, 08:44 PM
You people like to disagree with Bolvar just out of spite.

Bolvar is trying to help you. Stereotypes exist for a reason. Bolvar actually WANTS some of you to get laid. Bolvar is trying to show you the maths, so you can play the odds and improve your chances.

Instead, you want to deny the very fact that an Ace and a King is Blackjack, and you're trying to convince yourselves that it's a good hand to split.

Vil'rexin
09-21-2011, 08:55 PM
That's a bit more insight into you than I wanted.Not in the literal sense of forcing him but merely as sexual play between two consenting adults. As long as my family doesn't have to watch or hear it, doesn't do anything to me in one bit. If you really think THAT'S revealing, I'd suggest you go check out The Sex Thread.

You people like to disagree with Bolvar just out of spite.Kasarax agrees with Bolvar. Kasarax is able to read past the humorous hyperbole and find the lesson that Bolvar is trying to teach his fellow members of SoL.

Killchrono
09-21-2011, 10:02 PM
You people like to disagree with Bolvar just out of spite.

Bolvar is trying to help you. Stereotypes exist for a reason. Bolvar actually WANTS some of you to get laid. Bolvar is trying to show you the maths, so you can play the odds and improve your chances.

Instead, you want to deny the very fact that an Ace and a King is Blackjack, and you're trying to convince yourselves that it's a good hand to split.

Please stop misconstruding what we're saying.

We're not saying the kind of people you're taking about don't exist. We're saying that it's an incredibly generalized idea of what you're talking about.

You say you're showing us the numbers. Sadly love, sex and relationships aren't as simple as numbers. If they were, everyone would be able to figure it all out and we'd all be happy.

Lowtide
09-22-2011, 12:14 AM
Perhaps I'm reading this comment wrong but as it's been said before, there's nothing really wrong with living at home AS LONG as you make income or are seeking to and have long-term goals that make you a decent citizen of your country that won't leave you a burden on the rest on society. It's pretty simple really; If your main goal in life involves beating every boss on Heroic mode or becoming the best roleplayer on the realm, you're doing it wrong.

The good thing for men though is that females now have a much more varied definition of what "exceptional" is to them. I'm kinda getting a vibe (not from you directly) that some guys here think it's hard to get with women if they aren't a posterboy of what we perceive as masculinity. Women are looking for mates that have their shit in order or at least are looking to improve a grim situation they might currently be in.

I really should of said women don't like men who display a great amount of apathy. Of course, there's always exceptions but I find this to be true in most cases.

I'm sorry, I might gotten myself a bit riled up there, most of my anger is more directed at our fucked up school system and economics though because it's simply impossible to afford an apartment without comitting to a fulltime job or getting monetary support from wealthy parents.
(For the record, I own the part of my family's house where I live in, been doing my laundry since I was 16 and cook for myself since I was 18 and I work during my vacations).

Yeah, variation in the rules of attraction is what makes humans unique in the animal kingdom. Since we don't have antlers or bright plumage we found a different way to impress our females. Physical attributes of course always work in your favor but secondary traits like intelligence, humor or skills in the sack do have their merits. You don't need to be 6 foot 5 of raging muscle to attract a woman. But being 6 foot 5 of raging muscle with a fat bank account and a shiny car DO make it easier to find (and especially keep) one.

Of course they may. And of course there's always the option of trying to override those yelping evolutionary instincts and learned behavior patterns. But it's fucking hard when exactly those are actively screwing with this massive cranium of ours. And you'd be surprised how much we are influenced by our primitive ancestors.
This doesn't mean all this is bad, it's natural and we have barely scratched the surface and barely begun to understand ourselves, many ideas that are actually wrong still maintain a tight grip on our thinking and beliefs. Some studies, for example, have shown that higher levels of testosterone aren't making men more aggressive but actually more sociable and willing to compromise. That means that a man that by biological definition is very masculine, is actually kind and calm instead of aggressive and loud.
Men are just as victims of hormones and stereotypes as women are, it's just that those facets our gender aren't as explored yet because our role is often considered superior and fine, even though it might be wrong and harmful to us. I'm not saying women were off good back then or men are victims to women or anyone else, just that the overly manly facades that many societies often expected from their men were sometimes just as harmful to men as they were to women.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be sexist here and I'm not putting blame on anyone, it's totally alright. But we simply ARE different and that's also totally alright. And it's very important for our society to get rid off of that "we're the same" trip. We're simply not, both genders have different needs. But that we're different doesn't mean we're not equal. How's that saying "Look for the similarities that unite us not the differences that seperate us".

Now I was rambling, sorry :P

Vexander
09-22-2011, 07:00 AM
It was a good ramble.

I just wonder where Gays/Lesbians fit into the mold =)

Bolvar
09-22-2011, 07:10 AM
It was a good ramble.

I just wonder where Gays/Lesbians fit into the mold =)

Again, there are exceptions to the rule.

Most (not all, but most) homosexuals simply aren't that attractive to the opposite sex. Engaging in a same-sex relationship is simply a coping mechanism to deal with rejection.

Cantus
09-22-2011, 07:41 AM
Again, there are exceptions to the rule.

Most (not all, but most) homosexuals simply aren't that attractive to the opposite sex. Engaging in a same-sex relationship is simply a coping mechanism to deal with rejection.You're going to hate me for this, especially after my last round of e-mails, but where's the research?

Seriously, what's your sample size of homosexuals? Does it correspond to heterosexual coupling and attractiveness? I can tell you right now of at least two dozen guys who were gay and knee deep in shepherd's daughters (ditto for lesbians), and many more straight men and women who were forever alone because they were, quite simply, not attractive individuals.

Overall, the only thing that makes people gay or straight is what's in their DNA. It's why the APA removed homosexuality from the DSM, because it's not a disorder of the mind, it's a difference of the body. There is no way to "pray the gay away," just suppress your own desires in favor of what society mandates.

Bolvar
09-22-2011, 08:21 AM
You're going to hate me for this, especially after my last round of e-mails, but where's the research?

Seriously, what's your sample size of homosexuals? Does it correspond to heterosexual coupling and attractiveness? I can tell you right now of at least two dozen guys who were gay and knee deep in shepherd's daughters (ditto for lesbians), and many more straight men and women who were forever alone because they were, quite simply, not attractive individuals.

Overall, the only thing that makes people gay or straight is what's in their DNA. It's why the APA removed homosexuality from the DSM, because it's not a disorder of the mind, it's a difference of the body. There is no way to "pray the gay away," just suppress your own desires in favor of what society mandates.

You forget that I lived in Northern California for about a decade.

I used to spend a week every summer at a campground ten miles from here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerneville,_California). I visited the Bay area regularly.

It's not like I live in isolation and have never seen a real-life homosexual.

From personal experience - despite what you see in mainstream pornography, I have never met an attractive lesbian. And the homosexual males I know (and there are many) are indeed socially awkward, not only amongst females but amongst their male peers.

For every chippendale, there's a dozen overweight, hairy "bears." For every lipstick lesbian, there's a dozen butches who don't shave. That's a fact. My research? Actually spending considerable time in a region that is more densely populated with homosexuals than any place you've actually lived. In fact, I'd dare say my exposure far surpasses your own.

Ded Chikn
09-22-2011, 08:56 AM
For every chippendale, there's a dozen overweight, hairy "bears." For every lipstick lesbian, there's a dozen butches who don't shave. That's a fact. My research? Actually spending considerable time in a region that is more densely populated with homosexuals than any place you've actually lived. In fact, I'd dare say my exposure far surpasses your own.

This is true for straight people as well.

Rufin
09-22-2011, 04:41 PM
I always get the girls.

Gym + TaeKwonDo = killer body.

/flex

Bolvar
09-22-2011, 04:44 PM
I always get the girls.

Gym + TaeKwonDo = killer body.

/flex

You're Chinese. Y U No Kung Fu?

Rufin
09-22-2011, 04:56 PM
You're Chinese. Y U No Kung Fu?
Cuz theres no Kung Fu Schools in my area! Besides, TKD is much more practical, no wavy noodle arms here.

Get the guy off with a side kick and then finish them with a heavy combo, Butterfly-reverse sidekick-3 Round kick, for example.

winning!

that said, Wing Chun is awesome. Ip Man, anyone?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0xB8niA4Jk

Cantus
09-22-2011, 05:01 PM
You forget that I lived in Northern California for about a decade.

I used to spend a week every summer at a campground ten miles from here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerneville,_California). I visited the Bay area regularly.

It's not like I live in isolation and have never seen a real-life homosexual.

From personal experience - despite what you see in mainstream pornography, I have never met an attractive lesbian. And the homosexual males I know (and there are many) are indeed socially awkward, not only amongst females but amongst their male peers.

For every chippendale, there's a dozen overweight, hairy "bears." For every lipstick lesbian, there's a dozen butches who don't shave. That's a fact. My research? Actually spending considerable time in a region that is more densely populated with homosexuals than any place you've actually lived. In fact, I'd dare say my exposure far surpasses your own.I've got two gay cousins, lived in Chicago for awhile, and have had several lengthy excursions into New York City. I think your life and times in North Carolina pale in comparison, especially considering the Southern penchant for debasing anyone who isn't manly and cornfed. Seriously, there's nothing more hilarious than watching an obviously gay guy get more action with women than equally handsome straight men. It's pretty much the same reason why I enjoy hanging out with lesbians, they're a hell of a lot easier to talk to than some guys (who get uncomfortable when you aren't acting masculine enough because they're paranoid about even implied homosexuality).

Bolvar
09-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Cuz theres no Kung Fu Schools in my area! Besides, TKD is much more practical, no wavy noodle arms here.

Get the guy off with a side kick and then finish them with a heavy combo, Butterfly-reverse sidekick-3 Round kick, for example.

winning!

that said, Wing Chun is awesome. Ip Man, anyone?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0xB8niA4Jk

I've studied both (although, my master insisted it was "Wing Tsun".. whatever) and sort of preferred the Chinese version. It just seems like a more direct means of ass-kicking.

Rufin
09-22-2011, 05:03 PM
I've studied both (although, my master insisted it was "Wing Tsun".. whatever) and sort of preferred the Chinese version. It just seems like a more direct means of ass-kicking.

Its just impossible to translate Chinese/Japanese/Korean characters to english, so the translation is always off.

What i really want to study is Capoeira. Matarai got me hooked on it from the Story Forum. :/

Bolvar
09-22-2011, 05:04 PM
I've got two gay cousins, lived in Chicago for awhile, and have had several lengthy excursions into New York City. I think your life and times in North Carolina pale in comparison, especially considering the Southern penchant for debasing anyone who isn't manly and cornfed. Seriously, there's nothing more hilarious than watching an obviously gay guy get more action with women than equally handsome straight men. It's pretty much the same reason why I enjoy hanging out with lesbians, they're a hell of a lot easier to talk to than some guys (who get uncomfortable when you aren't acting masculine enough because they're paranoid about even implied homosexuality).

I said Northern California.

I've hardly spent more than a few hours in North Carolina.

You're the one who's lived in places like BFE, TN.

Did you even look at the link I shared? Or do you just insist upon the citations in my posts as a point of annoying me?

Cantus
09-22-2011, 05:07 PM
I said Northern California.

I've hardly spent more than a few hours in North Carolina.

You're the one who's lived in places like BFE, TN.

Did you even look at the link I shared? Or do you just insist upon the citations in my posts as a point of annoying me?Whoops, missed that. Seems like the benadryl is finally kicking...good night folks.

Rufin
09-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Whoops, missed that. Seems like the benadryl is finally kicking...good night folks.

its like, 7 a clock.

Bolvar
09-22-2011, 05:14 PM
its like, 7 a clock.

You know, it could be that he has a cold, and not just recreational Benadryl.

We all know Cantus is a little on the ethic side, but assuming he's hitting the purple drank is just rude.

Cantus
09-22-2011, 05:28 PM
You know, it could be that he has a cold, and not just recreational Benadryl.

We all know Cantus is a little on the ethic side, but assuming he's hitting the purple drank is just rude.Allergy related migraines baby, real fun stuff.

Bolvar
09-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Allergy related migraines baby, real fun stuff.

Move to Arizona. Plenty of Republicans for you to rage on here, and no allergens.

HalfElfDragon
09-22-2011, 05:43 PM
the purple drank
http://i.imgur.com/niCSC.gif

Rufin
09-22-2011, 05:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/niCSC.gif

s'all about the Purple Flurp.

Vil'rexin
09-22-2011, 05:47 PM
It would be hilarious to see a Scrolls of Lore version of the Bachelorette with all the male contestants being apart of these forums of course. Who would take home the prize?!

HalfElfDragon
09-22-2011, 05:52 PM
It would be hilarious to see a Scrolls of Lore version of the Bachelorette with all the male contestants being apart of these forums of course. Who would take home the prize?!

Competing in that would be a heavy risk. But the priiiiiiiiize...

Cantus
09-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Depends on if she does the 4chan flamenco. If yes, who knows who would win? If no...she'd run away screaming bloody murder.

Valkrysa
09-22-2011, 05:58 PM

ugh.. is it only me who hates shows like that? Plus that other show where they make the women fight each other over a dream wedding ><

The only reality tv I've ever actually found enjoyable is "who wants to be a super hero"

Rufin
09-22-2011, 06:01 PM
ugh.. is it only me who hates shows like that? Plus that other show where they make the women fight each other over a dream wedding ><

The only reality tv I've ever actually found enjoyable is "who wants to be a super hero"

I watched 2 seasons of that during a marathon once.

I sat in front of my TV for like 16 hours. It was quite painful to watch, you just feel embarrassed for the contestants.

I don't know why i watched it.

Vil'rexin
09-22-2011, 06:09 PM
ugh.. is it only me who hates shows like that? Plus that other show where they make the women fight each other over a dream wedding ><Never watched the series myself but I find the idea of taking the fine citizens of Scrolls of Lore and having the bachelorette be your typical southern belle a decent show in the making.

Contestant 1: I play World of Warcraft and I love the Forsaken!

Contestant 2: I play World of Warcraft and I love the Night Elves!

Contestant 3: I don't play World of Warcraft but I bitch about it still.

Bachelorette: Oh Jesus, why did I sign up for this shit?

Rufin
09-22-2011, 06:27 PM
lol

Valkrysa
09-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Harvy Mudd College has managed to triple their number of female computer science majors bringing them almost up to the same level as males in this field.

This is just wonderful~

http://www.themarysue.com/maria-klawe-harvey-mudd/

Lowtide
09-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Allergy related migraines baby, real fun stuff.

My condolences, migraine fucking sucks. Ever had some sort of sensory disorder or just the feeling someone flayed your face?