PDA

View Full Version : Races you want to know more about.

SmokeBlader
09-22-2011, 08:36 AM
I always liked The Nathrezim.I would love to know more about their culture,homeland or society in general.

Mutterscrawl
09-22-2011, 08:37 AM
The Tauren.

the Goblins.

The Aqir.

The Draenei

The Sporelings

Bolvar
09-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Sayaad.

/giggity

Ujimasa Hojo
09-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Hopefully, these races are going to be expanded on in a Naga-themed expansion/patch:

Makrura

Mur'gul

Murloc

other sentient sea races

Lon-ami
09-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Draenei and worgen.

C WHAT I DID THAR BLIZZ?

Aqir, arakkoa, naga and pandaren are in the list, too :P.

Lord Grimtale
09-22-2011, 08:44 AM
Gilneans and Tol'vir.

Sonneillon
09-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Gilneans and Tol'vir.

Whats to learn....

Trolls need some serious touching on their Origins, as do the Ancients and by extention their Anthro races (IE Tauren etc). I'd like more elaboration on the Dragons now that their stuff has gotten confusing and interesting.

Lord Grimtale
09-22-2011, 09:08 AM
Whats to learn....

Trolls need some serious touching on their Origins, as do the Ancients and by extention their Anthro races (IE Tauren etc). I'd like more elaboration on the Dragons now that their stuff has gotten confusing and interesting.

I would say Tol'vir could use a good revision because they are boring. I'd simply like to know more about Gilnean divinity and what their codes and ethics are as well as philosophies that they may have taken up. Anything to make them different from Stormwind humans...

I agree with your second line though.

Omacron
09-22-2011, 11:05 AM
I'd like to know about the actual society of tue goblins and gnomes. It can't be comic relief 24/7.

rhcpftw
09-22-2011, 12:06 PM
I'd like to know about the actual society of tue goblins and gnomes. It can't be comic relief 24/7.

Agreed.

I'd also like to know more about the Tauren, Orcs before the Burning Legion and the Gilneans.

Revenant
09-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Arakkoa and vrykul.

Kir the Wizard
09-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Naga society, how did they keep their immortality, and their state of magical addiction.

Rufin
09-22-2011, 01:48 PM
The Mur'gul, the naga under Azshara, and the Qiraji.

Mustrum
09-22-2011, 01:57 PM
The Nathrezim fascinate me. Their relationship with the Fallen One has been hinted at, but never truly clarified. They remain an enigmatic race of purely evil monsters, and I want them to have a larger role in-game.

Also the Draenei. We know very little about them, and their culture is designed in an appallingly stupid way that makes them next to useless in any war with anyone.

I don't like retcons, but I feel they may be the only thing capable of saving this race.

While we're dreaming, how about giving the Gnomes a second layer of depth? You know, so that they don't exist solely to be made fun of by the rest of the world.

Rufin
09-22-2011, 01:59 PM
The Nathrezim fascinate me. Their relationship with the Fallen One has been hinted at, but never truly clarified. They remain an enigmatic race of purely evil monsters, and I want them to have a larger role in-game.

Also the Draenei. We know very little about them, and their culture is designed in an appallingly stupid way that makes them next to useless in any war with anyone.

I don't like retcons, but I feel they may be the only thing capable of saving this race.

While we're dreaming, how about giving the Gnomes a second layer of depth? You know, so that they don't exist solely to be made fun of by the rest of the world.
this. all of this.

AndyJP
09-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Pandaren, Ethereal, Arakkoa, and post-Wrath Vrykul.

Ashendant
09-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Furbolgs...

Exxile87
09-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Blacks, Asians, and those mysterious Eskimos.

Rufin
09-22-2011, 04:18 PM

I'm 1/4 German and 1/4 Irish.

guess my other 1/2 and ill give you a nickel.

Bolvar
09-22-2011, 04:20 PM
http://images.stfunoob.org/images/nazinoob.jpg
You're doing it wrong.

Reyson
09-22-2011, 04:20 PM
The Nerubians, I wanted them as a new playable race for Wrath. It's sad that such an awesome race/empire got barely any storyprogression during that expansion.

Exxile87
09-22-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm 1/4 German and 1/4 Irish.

guess my other 1/2 and ill give you a nickel.

Martian?

Rufin
09-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Martian?

Chinese.

didn't see that coming now didya?!?!

Bolvar
09-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Chinese.

didn't see that coming now didya?!?!
http://www.newscientist.com/blog/technology/uploaded_images/gamer-770565.jpg

Rufin
09-22-2011, 04:33 PM
http://www.newscientist.com/blog/technology/uploaded_images/gamer-770565.jpg

/dies inside

Bolvar
09-22-2011, 04:43 PM
/dies inside

I'm the master of cheap stereotypes. You'll get used to it.

Don't take it personally. It's not malicious.

Rufin
09-22-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm the master of cheap stereotypes. You'll get used to it.

Don't take it personally. It's not malicious.
Don't worry, i was joking.

hehe, i'm normally the racist dude but i try and refrain from pulling out a bunch of stereotypes on the interwebs.

you never know who you'll offend, and i've seen some people hound another person for ages just because of one comment.

Is it weird that i'm more afraid of people on the internet than those IRL?

Exxile87
09-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Don't worry, i was joking.

hehe, i'm normally the racist dude but i try and refrain from pulling out a bunch of stereotypes on the interwebs.

you never know who you'll offend, and i've seen some people hound another person for ages just because of one comment.

Is it weird that i'm more afraid of people on the internet than those IRL?

You should put a trollface.jpg over your avatar's head.

Rufin
09-22-2011, 06:26 PM
You should put a trollface.jpg over your avatar's head.
God no!

I hate those ugly Reddit pictures! keep them on there!

HalfElfDragon
09-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Reddit? Really? You peg trollface as a reddit thing?

4chan, son.

Rufin
09-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Reddit? Really? You peg trollface as a reddit thing?

4chan, son.

4chan, reddit, myspace, whats the difference?

HalfElfDragon
09-22-2011, 06:38 PM
A decently big one, really.

Rufin
09-22-2011, 06:40 PM
i don't use em', so i wouldn't know.

JKN117
09-22-2011, 07:25 PM
They all share a common thing for human evil

Rufin
09-22-2011, 07:28 PM
thank you!

Avon
09-23-2011, 01:21 AM
I hate to post on topic after the first page but I really want to know more about gnomes. Their mecha-gnome origin raised more questions then it answered.

Sayomara
09-23-2011, 04:09 AM
I think almost every race need more lore in the 300 or so years before fall of Stormwind, we as players know more about these races ancient pasts than we do more resent times.

Personally I want more Revantusk tribe story seems like there is a so much here just waiting to happen.

Rufin
09-23-2011, 05:24 AM
I think almost every race need more lore in the 300 or so years before fall of Stormwind, we as players know more about these races ancient pasts than we do more resent times.

Personally I want more Revantusk tribe story seems like there is a so much here just waiting to happen.

definitely more Raventusk. Those guys seem set up for something, but they never really get active.

Would be cool to get some Forest Troll voodoo in the Horde.

Ujimasa Hojo
09-23-2011, 09:53 AM
What is the deal with the Nerubians? Were they fighting Yogg-Saron's minions because they quit worshipping the Old Gods altogether, or were they fighting Yogg-Saron because they are of C'thun's faction?

Revenant
09-23-2011, 12:24 PM
What is the deal with the Nerubians? Were they fighting Yogg-Saron's minions because they quit worshipping the Old Gods altogether, or were they fighting Yogg-Saron because they are of C'thun's faction?

A good question.

HalfElfDragon
09-23-2011, 12:26 PM

Most evidence points to them having minimal OG connect. Its said they dug too deep trying to escape the Scourge, accidentally discovered the Faceless and were attacked by them. Sandwiched between the two, they were destroyed.

Doesn't make them sound too familiar with the Old Gods.

ARM3481
09-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Most evidence points to them having minimal OG connect. Its said they dug too deep trying to escape the Scourge, accidentally discovered the Faceless and were attacked by them. Sandwiched between the two, they were destroyed.

Or at least with that particular Old God. Anub'arak's reaction to the Faceless and Forgotten Ones in TFT implies they maintained legends of such creatures existing (and therefore possibly of their masters as well), but it's uncertain whether they even realized at the time that there were any under Azjol-Nerub, or if the Nerubians vaguely knew they were down there due to legends and myths, and he was just shocked to see that they'd escaped confinement.

Admittedly the actual cause of unleashing the Faceless in Northrend is split between TFT's reasoning of Illidan's failed attack with the Eye of Sargeras busting open all sorts of underground passages and such, while WoW suggests it's a LotR-style "they dug too deep" thing making it a result of Nerubians' efforts to escape the Scourge. Not to mention Vordrassil's corruption took place centuries before either event, which means Yogg-Saron's power was already actively creeping toward the surface, even if his minions hadn't directly interacted with the Nerubians until TFT.

Of course, since the Nerubians were likely ignorant of the details surrounding Illidan's long-range attack on Icecrown, it's also possible that they simply attributed their own digging to unleashing the Faceless because they weren't privy to the actual cause of it.

Revenant
09-23-2011, 12:39 PM

Yeah, that whole plot was scrapped. The bits that survived is the canon.

HalfElfDragon
09-23-2011, 12:41 PM
The scrapped plot was them being buddy-buddy with the OGs. They described them as BFFs at BlizzCon and then when the game shipped they're seemingly bitter enemies. Which I prefer to them being OG lackeys.

Syroco
09-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Arokkoa (Their kingdoms have to be pretty extensive by now since we've all left Outlands)
Ethereal (Where ever they're from, it's gotta be a crazy large populated place.)
Tuskarr(Have they started to rebuild since WotLK? Large cities now?)
Uncorrupted Vykrul (What are Vykrul doing now post WotLK? Plus with so much contact with the "outside" races now, Vykrul will have to do something politically. They have large kingdoms for sure now.)

Exxile87
09-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Based off the flavor text on Scepter of Sha'tar (http://www.wowhead.com/item=27840), can we assume that the ethereals and the draenei have had some bad dealings in the past? IF they make it on the Alliance, that could lead to an interesting dynamic and give the Alliance some real internal conflict. Then again, most of the leaders of the Alliance didn't realize that the draenei were still members, so I'm not gonna hold my breath...

Mutterscrawl
09-26-2011, 11:39 AM
I want to learn about the Draenic Giants.

I'm having a hard time fitting in where the Horde could have killed them all to get their bones to make the Temples of the Damned and whatnot, so I'm thinking they were already dead.

My personal (Hopeful) theory, is that the Draenic giants killed an Old God infestation on their world right as it was starting, but that they were all turned from elemental beings into flesh ones in the process, starting the descent to gronn and ogres and orcs.

Sonneillon
09-26-2011, 11:48 AM
I want to learn about the Draenic Giants.

I'm having a hard time fitting in where the Horde could have killed them all to get their bones to make the Temples of the Damned and whatnot, so I'm thinking they were already dead.

My personal (Hopeful) theory, is that the Draenic giants killed an Old God infestation on their world right as it was starting, but that they were all turned from elemental beings into flesh ones in the process, starting the descent to gronn and ogres and orcs.

I don't think they killed them in any recent period of time. My interpretation is that they were fossils, they likely had some quality of reverence amung the Orcs based upon how often "Giants" is used and their use as the temples.

I like the Idea that they were dead titans either killed in the aesir vanir civil war or they were overpowered by Oldgods. This of course implies that the Orcs are related to the Titans which is WIDELY unpopular and involves Oldgods which is also widely unpopular no matter how logical it may be.

reader of truths
09-27-2011, 04:39 AM
aren't the orcs descended from the giants of draenor anyway?

Ganishka
09-27-2011, 06:35 AM
4chan, reddit, myspace, whats the difference?

>mfw he is serious

Mutterscrawl
09-27-2011, 06:49 AM
I like the Idea that they were dead titans either killed in the aesir vanir civil war or they were overpowered by Oldgods. This of course implies that the Orcs are related to the Titans which is WIDELY unpopular and involves Oldgods which is also widely unpopular no matter how logical it may be.

It's.
Not.
Logical.

It's reading too much into Blizz reusing terms.