PDA

View Full Version : World of WarCraft: The Comic Book

Warlock
07-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Yup, that's right. Yet another WarCraft media property is announced, this one in comic form. You can read about it <A HREF="http://dccomics.com/dcunlimited/wow/?action=the_comic">right here</a>. Here is a brief synopsis:
<ul><font size=1>When a human is found unconscious on the shores of Kalimdor, with no memory of who he is or how he arrived there, how will he survive? Enslaved by an Orc Shaman, he must fight for survival against members of both the Alliance and the Horde. Will he strike the uneasy balance with the other races he'll need to find the secrets of his past?
</font></ul>The books will be written by Walter Simonson with art by Ludo Lullabi and Sandra Hope, and cover art by Jim Lee (variant cover by Samwise Didier).

The first issue will go on sale November 14th, and you can view all kinds of <A HREF="http://dccomics.com/dcunlimited/wow/?action=the_comic_art">concept art right here</a>. You can also <A HREF="https://secure.palmcoastd.com/pcd/document?ikey=07104IWOW">subscribe here</a>. Thanks to <A HREF="http://www.blizzplanet.com/">BlizzPlanet</a> for the heads up.

Vicious
07-21-2007, 07:07 PM
That Samwise cover is friggin awesome. Warcraft to the core.

Kenzuki
07-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Omg.....it's....it's....THE ANTITHRALL!!!!! The Prophecy is coming true!!!!

"And so shall it be that just as Thrall, our savior was born into this world an orc, yet raised by man, so too shall a man learn the ways of the orc......."

The world is coming to an end!!!!

Kerrah
07-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Omg.....it's....it's....THE ANTITHRALL!!!!! The Prophecy is coming true!!!!

"And so shall it be that just as Thrall, our savior was born into this world an orc, yet raised by man, so too shall a man learn the ways of the orc......."

The world is coming to an end!!!!

That human will take over Stormwind and turn it into an evil empire.

Timolas
07-22-2007, 04:50 AM
Well, enslaved by an Orc Shaman. x)
NERF SHAMANS! They ARE evil.

... but fight members of both the Alliance and Horde? Taking the neutral stance to please both sides of the audience to an extreme.

Nephalim
07-22-2007, 07:35 AM
Any word on the frequency? Monthly, bi-monthly?

Ersinus
07-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Just a thought, they said that the story will be closely related with some storyline from the quests that players are closely familiar.
Although at the beginning it will look as something completely unrelated.

Something from the quests, a male human goes to kalimdor, who is lost during the trip??

king of stormwind?????!!!! :evil: wooooooooooooooooot

Timolas
07-23-2007, 10:56 AM
King of Stormwind enslaved by some fat shaman?
If he's going to be fighting Alliance and Horde at the same time I doubt it would be him. Alliance would recognize the King.

Rebirth
07-23-2007, 12:42 PM
its never going to end.... EVER! Next up: WoW Condoms, choose from Tauren Brown, Orc Green, Night Elf Purple, Askandi, Gorehowl, and so many more!

Kenzuki
07-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Just a thought, they said that the story will be closely related with some storyline from the quests that players are closely familiar.
Although at the beginning it will look as something completely unrelated.

Something from the quests, a male human goes to kalimdor, who is lost during the trip??

king of stormwind?????!!!! :evil: wooooooooooooooooot

Blizzard is too stupid to do that. Would rock though. It will be something "original" that we will never hear of again.

Aldrius
07-23-2007, 03:30 PM
If he's going to be fighting Alliance and Horde at the same time I doubt it would be him. Alliance would recognize the King.

Not if he has a gigantic ***y beard and orc armor on! Plus the mere fact that he is hanging around orcs and is not in a robe might make him unrecognizable. =P

Kenzuki
07-23-2007, 03:48 PM
He would be the human version of Thrall!

Kakwakas
07-23-2007, 04:36 PM
....If that main character human in the comic really turns out to be the King of Stormwind, I'm going to laugh my ass off at the predictability.

Kenzuki
07-23-2007, 04:38 PM
....If that main character human in the comic really turns out to be the King of Stormwind, I'm going to laugh my ass off at the predictability.

I think it would be cool in a way though. It's about time that issue is resolved.

Ersinus
07-24-2007, 01:10 AM
I agree that storyline so important lorewise must have been finished till now. They added dozens of bunch of not so important quests after the release of the game with almost no effect to the lore. Better if they kill him, rather to leave his fate unknown. Hell, he was made missing because of WoW and now they dont fix it, :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Vicious
07-24-2007, 07:42 AM
Hell, i would like that if he really turns out to be the King, predictability doesn´t equal bad.

Kerrah
07-24-2007, 07:57 AM
The fact that Neville Longbottom became a teacher was so predictable I seriously almost puked.

I guess this guy being the king would be about the same amount of suck.

Wulfang
07-24-2007, 10:25 AM
The fact that Neville Longbottom became a teacher was so predictable I seriously almost puked.

Urge to nuke Finland... rising....

Kenzuki
07-24-2007, 12:49 PM

I guess this guy being the king would be about the same amount of suck.

Why the hell would it suck? Heaven FORBID they finish a neglected storyline that is important to the Alliance.

Kerrah
07-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Why the hell would it suck? Heaven FORBID they finish a neglected storyline that is important to the Alliance.

I wasn't commenting the story line, I was commenting the predictability of the plot.

Kenzuki
07-24-2007, 01:44 PM
I wasn't commenting the story line, I was commenting the predictability of the plot.

Who the heck CARES? Harry Potter was one big predictability. I knew what was going to happen at the end of Deathly Hallows before I read about it.

Aldrius
07-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Sure you did. :P

Well... I mean everyone knew Harry would kill Voldemort... but there was other stuff at the end that was interesting.

This guy being the king would actually be kinda weird...

Kenzuki
07-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Sure you did. :P

Well... I mean everyone knew Harry would kill Voldemort... but there was other stuff at the end that was interesting.

This guy being the king would actually be kinda weird...

Come on, you knew she didn't have the balls to kill Potter or the other two "main" characters off. She was probably afraid of how many kids would commit suicide if she did.

Would you rather they DID NOT continue Varian Wrynn's story, and he just went out of history like Garona?

Aldrius
07-24-2007, 05:34 PM
...Didn't I just say Harry killing Voldemort was predictable? What I said was that wasn't the only thing that happened at the end.

I really wouldn't care either way about the king.

As a character he is a pretty big non-entity. Well, I guess that's easy when the only game you could be featured in, you are kidnapped the whole time. :p

Kenzuki
07-24-2007, 08:01 PM
...Didn't I just say Harry killing Voldemort was predictable? What I said was that wasn't the only thing that happened at the end.

I really wouldn't care either way about the king.

As a character he is a pretty big non-entity. Well, I guess that's easy when the only game you could be featured in, you are kidnapped the whole time. :p

He was in the Beyond the Dark Portal manual too. He's pretty important.

Yuber8900
07-24-2007, 08:08 PM
He was in the Beyond the Dark Portal manual too. He's pretty important.

BtDP had a manual?

Kerrah
07-25-2007, 02:45 AM
King Varian Wrynn is the Princess Peach of Warcraft.

Wulfang
07-25-2007, 03:03 AM
Guys, please, stop posting DH spoilers in here! I mean, Kerrah created a thread so he could post spoilers in there but he was the first one to post a spoiler outside of it.

Please, just please, stop posting spoilers in other threads!

Aldrius
07-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Er... oops. Sorry.

King Varian Wrynn is the Princess Peach of Warcraft.

...xD!!

GENIUS.

Kenzuki
07-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Peach was the hero of her own game, so that means Varian is going to become a hero and raise the Alliance back up!!! The Wrynn Dynasty shall rise again!

Saim
07-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Guys, edit out your spoilers so people can't see them.

It's a good thing I didn't go on this forum before I finished Deathly Hallows.

Aldrius
07-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Wulfang already got to that. :p

Kerrah
07-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Guys, edit out your spoilers so people can't see them.

It's a good thing I didn't go on this forum before I finished Deathly Hallows.

It's been a week, how slow can people be?

Wulfang
07-28-2007, 04:22 AM

The site where I ordered the book from ran out of stock last Thursday, and I ordered the book so it'd arrive yesterday. Some really nice luck, eh?!

Kerrah
07-28-2007, 04:54 AM
The site where I ordered the book from ran out of stock last Thursday, and I ordered the book so it'd arrive yesterday. Some really nice luck, eh?!

I feel sorry for you.

Saim
07-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Well, I couldn't find it during the 3 days I was in Istanbul after the books release. I bought it at the Dubai airport in stop off for Singapore.

I finished it in a day. Only took a break to get to the Singapore hotel.