PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten lore names in books

Lon-ami
09-04-2007, 04:27 AM
Forgotten lore names in books: Characters that don't appear YET in any game.

Here goes some of them:

The Last Guardian:

Characters:
Lady Delth >
Alonda >
Arrexis >
Guzbah > (Wizards of Dalaran)
Korrigan >
Norlan >
Cook (cook of Karazhan)
Nothgrin (Orc warlock owned by Medivh)

Places:
Ulmat Thondr (Peninsula in the South)
Nahzarak (Lower Karazhan) [Fan name by me :p]

Lord of the Clans

Characters:
Sharptooth ! (wolf of Durotan)
Draka (Mother of Thrall)
Kelkar
Rhakish
Tammis Foxton
Nightsong (Horse of Aedelas)
Clannia Foxton
Faralyn Foxton
Ladyfire (Horse of Taretha)
Jaramin Skisson (Teacher of Thrall)
"Sargeant"
Maridan
Karramyn Langston
Lorin Remka
Hult
Waryk
Krakis
Grey "maiden" ! (Horse of Taretha or Aedelas, I don't remember)
Greekik (Orc woman slave of Remka)
Kelgar (Warsong orc)
Tragg (Warsong orc)
Rekshak (Warsong orc)
Iskar (Warsong orc)
Palkar (Child who guides Drek'Thar)
Sharp "ear" ! (wolf of Drek'Thar)
Uthul (frostwolf orc)
Snowsong ! (wolf of Thrall)
Randrel (cook of durnholde)

Places:
Fallen tree of Taretha and Thrall
Dragon-like-rock

Well of the Eternity

Characters:
Korialstrasz
Rhonin
Kalthar (orc shaman)
Vereesa Windrunner
Jalia
Broxigar
Gaskal
Azshara
Elune
Xavius
Varo'then
Peroth'arn
Koltharius
Garno
Duun
Fezhar
Kur'Talos Ravencrest
Dejahna
Hakkar
Rol'Tharak
Hargo'Then
Tyr'Kin
Tyranastrasz
Sargeras
Latosius
Garo'Thal
Jarod Shadowsong

Places:
Incoming

The Demon Soul

Characters:
Desdel Stareye
Saridormi
Karius
Meklo
Aviana
Horakastrasz
Marinda (Sister of Elune)
Hel'jara (Sister of Elune)
Galar'thus Rivertree (Moon Guard)

Places:
Incoming

The Sunwell

Kalecgos/Kalec
Harkyn Grimstone (Dwarf Bounty Hunter)
Groth (Orc Bounty Hunter)
Snee (Troll Bounty Hunter)
Voll (Troll Bounty Hunter)
Anveena Teague
Korialstrasz/Borel
Loggi Grymstone (Dwarf)
Ichor (Undead)
Trag Highmountain (Tauren)
Valimar Mordis (Undead Baron)

!: Could be wrong; Translation bugs ¬¬

I'll put more later.

Greetings.

Omacron
09-04-2007, 05:37 AM
A lot of the people you've mentioned are dead. Plus, Rhonin and Krasus are going to be appearing with Dalaran in the upcoming expansion, Rhonin leading Dalaran and Krasus probably being the red dragon liason to the newly reformed Kirin Tor.

And I just realized that the Kirin Tor seems to be a combination of the Japanese version of the mythological Chinese Quilin, and a pronounciation of the germanic god of thunder.

Flaming deer dragons of thunder have WHAT to do with mages?

Darkwind
09-04-2007, 06:43 AM
Nahzarak (Lower Karazhan) [Fan name by me :p]
Korialstrasz
Rhonin
Vereesa Windrunner
Azshara
Elune
Xavius
Jarod Shadowsong

It's funny, I ocasionally call Lower Karazhan that, too. It's actually not a bad name.

Anyways, what I quoted is probably the limit of what you'll likely see. Lower Karazhan has been mentioned recently as being a place that the devs would like to visit someday, but it won't be until after Wrath of the Lich King because other neglected places, like Uldum and Grim Batol (Their examples, not mine), were first on the list.

As Omacron mentioned, Rhonin is confirmed as the new leader of the Kirin Tor and Dalaran and will be appearing in WotLK. I believe it was mentioned we will meet Vareesa and their two children as well. Krasus/Borel/Korialstrasz is almost guaranteed to show up in some form or another in WotLK.

As for the others. . .well, Xavius is supposedly dead, turned into a tree by Malfurion, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him reappear some day. Azshara is a no-brainer as a raid boss at some point. In fact, I wouldn't doubt seeing her being the focus of an entire expansion, maybe sharing the limelight with Deathwing. Elune. . .well, she may or may not appear some day. Who knows? And Jarod Shadowsong. . .he seemed too important of a character to just disappear into the annuls of history. He'll show up one day, probably at the forefront of the war against Azshara and the Naga.

Everyone (And everywhere) else you mentioned were just just too inconsequential to appear again.

Flaming deer dragons of thunder have WHAT to do with mages?

Flaming and Thunder would have to do with their power. And a dragon IS apart of the Kirin Tor. As for deers. . .no idea.

Omacron
09-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Well, maybe I was a little vauge.

A Qilin, or Kirin as the Japanese call it, are like these flaming draconic deer things.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qilin.

And Tor is, as mentioned before, a variant on Thor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor

It's just, Thor's not really a magician kind of god, and Kirins/Qilins don't exist in warcraft, hence my puzzlement.

Darkwind
09-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Well, maybe I was a little vauge.

A Qilin, or Kirin as the Japanese call it, are like these flaming draconic deer things.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qilin.

And Tor is, as mentioned before, a variant on Thor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor

It's just, Thor's not really a magician kind of god, and Kirins/Qilins don't exist in warcraft, hence my puzzlement.

Probably just because it sounded cool then. ;)

Kenzuki
09-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Khadgar should be leader of the Kirin Tor, Rhonin is a chump who wasn't even LIKED by them...

Darkwind
09-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Khadgar should be leader of the Kirin Tor, Rhonin is a chump who wasn't even LIKED by them...

Khadgar kind of evolved beyond the Kirin Tor. As for Rhonin. . .well, I'd wager most of the old Kirin Tor are gone, with only Krasus remaining and he definitely likes Rhonin.

Aldrius
09-04-2007, 06:35 PM
There are plenty of better people for the job of leader of Dalaran... but I guess name recognition wins out no matter how dull the character is.

Darkwind
09-04-2007, 06:41 PM
There are plenty of better people for the job of leader of Dalaran... but I guess name recognition wins out no matter how dull the character is.

Eh, I disagree. I really can't think of anyone else to lead the Kirin Tor other than Khadgar, Jaina or Krasus himself, all of which seem uninterested in the job. I'm not going to argue that Rhonin isn't a dull character, but his achievements as a war hero in three seperate wars (Freeing Alexstrasza in the Second War, fighting the Scourge of Lordaeron in the Third War, and then playing a key role in the altered War of the Ancients) say he's more than qualified for the job.

Omacron
09-04-2007, 07:07 PM
What about Milhouse Manastorm?

ARM3481
09-04-2007, 09:08 PM
It's probably not a coincidence that the word "tor" itself literally means a pinnacle or high place, and that the Violet Tower was the defining landmark of Dalaran and the place from which the wizards there ruled. There could easily be something to the other potential meanings, but the most mundane definition almost seems the most fitting in a way. It wouldn't be surprising for the title of their ruling class to contain a word with a meaning akin to "high placed" or "above" considering both their status and the fact that they literally ruled the city from atop a looming spire.

Darkwind
09-04-2007, 09:10 PM
What about Milhouse Manastorm?

:burst:

Kenzuki
09-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Eh, I disagree. I really can't think of anyone else to lead the Kirin Tor other than Khadgar, Jaina or Krasus himself, all of which seem uninterested in the job. I'm not going to argue that Rhonin isn't a dull character, but his achievements as a war hero in three seperate wars (Freeing Alexstrasza in the Second War, fighting the Scourge of Lordaeron in the Third War, and then playing a key role in the altered War of the Ancients) say he's more than qualified for the job.

I suppose he's pretty notable. Truth be told I like Rhonin alot better than Krasus.

Timolas
09-05-2007, 06:56 AM
Well supposedly Ansirem Runeweaver is the current leader of the Kirin Tor. So in WotLK he's probably replaced. Poor guy. Damn time travellers stealing our jobs.

Darkwind
09-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Well supposedly Ansirem Runeweaver is the current leader of the Kirin Tor. So in WotLK he's probably replaced. Poor guy. Damn time travellers stealing our jobs.

Yeah, but was that confirmed in anything outside of the RPG? I just have a hard time believing anything the RPG says nowadays.

Kerrah
09-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Yeah, but was that confirmed in anything outside of the RPG? I just have a hard time believing anything the RPG says nowadays.

Well, he is an NPC in WoW, but I'm not sure whether he is called the leader of the Kirin Tor ingame.

Darkwind
09-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Well, he is an NPC in WoW, but I'm not sure whether he is called the leader of the Kirin Tor ingame.

Oh, I know he's an NPC. But, the only thing I know he is called in the game is an Archmage. I don't think it's mentioned at all that he's the leader of the Kirin Tor.

Lon-ami
09-06-2007, 05:32 AM
They are characters and places that aren't in any game YET

It's only a curiosity, it doesn't matter if they live or not.

Greetings.

(Update)

Kenzuki
09-06-2007, 05:54 AM
Concerning Ansirem runeweaver, I do believe he was considered the defacto leader of the Dalarani magi outside of the bubble. Remember at this time now one knew what was going on behind that dome.

Nephalim
09-06-2007, 07:53 AM
Incidentally:

-Soridormi IS in the game.
-Palkar is Pelkar.
-Sergeant may appear in game.
-Ladyfire is the Foxtons' horse (in English), Nightsong is Blackmoore's.

And I'm surprised you haven't mentioned the big guns: Terenas, Kilrogg, Doomhammer, Wrynn III (either Landen or Adamant), Lady Varia, Alonsus Faol, Thoras Trollbane, Lord Aiden Perenolde (unless he and Aliden are the same guy), Tagar Spinebreaker, Fenris the Hunter, Maim Blackhand... I'm probably missing a few.

I'm not entirely sure as to the purpose of this exercise, though. There are literally hundreds of characters in the RPGs who haven't made an appearance in a game, so we could be here a while.

Kenzuki
09-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Tagar Spinebreaker IS in game, he ganked my warrior the other day in Hellfire.

Nephalim
09-06-2007, 08:08 AM
Oh right.

Kerrah
09-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Fenris the Hunter is in Outland, I think.

Nephalim
09-06-2007, 11:00 AM
That's news to me. Are you sure?

Also I'll have to check, but I'm moderately certain that Wise-ear was Drek'Thar's wolf, and Sharptooth was Durotan's.

Aldrius
09-06-2007, 11:01 AM
It's a different "The Hunter". But he's part of "The Hunter" line I think.

EDIT: Never mind. It's Garm Wolfbrother, but he's the chieftan of the Thunderlord Clan... so it's... kind of Fenris?

By the way, Neph. Nice update on the website. I've only read the first half of your druid story but I really like the layout.

Omacron
09-06-2007, 01:52 PM
I too remember seeing Tagar- and I'm wondering, where the hell can I find his weapon? In game, even, it's an axe-hammer combo!

Kerrah
09-07-2007, 08:32 AM
I too remember seeing Tagar- and I'm wondering, where the hell can I find his weapon? In game, even, it's an axe-hammer combo!

He ganked me.

Lon-ami
09-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Tagar is in Hellfire Peninsula, he's a fel orc... I remember to have killed him...

Greetings.

(Update)

Vicious
09-07-2007, 11:14 AM
EDIT: Never mind. It's Garm Wolfbrother, but he's the chieftan of the Thunderlord Clan... so it's... kind of Fenris?

I think he says that he´s Fenris´ brother, i´m not sure.

Tagar Spinebreaker sucks in the game, he´s just wandering the road in front of the Dark Portal, they should have make use more of the guy.

Darkwind
09-07-2007, 11:47 AM
I think he says that he´s Fenris´ brother, i´m not sure.

Tagar Spinebreaker sucks in the game, he´s just wandering the road in front of the Dark Portal, they should have make use more of the guy.

I'll agree with that. He should have been a boss in Hellfire Ramparts of the Shattered Halls. Now, he just looks like a vagabond.

Flamestrider
09-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Yeah, it's kind of strange that they remembered to put him in game, but decided to create some random fell orc boss for the ramparts rather than use him.

Kenzuki
09-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Tagar wasn't in the Shattered Hand Clan, so I guess that's why.

Flamestrider
09-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Neither are more than half of the orcs in Hellfire Citadel.

Kenzuki
09-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Neither are more than half of the orcs in Hellfire Citadel.

Point taken.