PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Q&A and Lore

Warlock
10-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Blizzard has uploaded a new <A HREF="http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/features/deathknight/interview.xml">Death Knight Q&A</a> to their site, as well as a short <A HREF="http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/features/deathknight/lore.xml">Lore Article</a>. Not much, but still neat. Thanks Omacron.

Omacron
10-01-2007, 06:14 PM
A winnar is me!

Lon-ami
10-02-2007, 03:12 AM
Owning!!!!

Hero classes: RPG Prestige Clases: Demon Hunter!!!!

Kerrah
10-02-2007, 06:58 AM
Does anyone else feel like they don't even know how yet how they're going to explain the Death Knights turning against the Lich King?

Drirlake
10-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Does anyone else feel like they don't even know how yet how they're going to explain the Death Knights turning against the Lich King?

Yeah strangely, they didn't say anything about that subject yet, so this was still pretty useless info.

Timolas
10-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Only thing I learned was that they can't use shields.

Warlock
10-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Yeah. I'm just glad for the lore thing they didn't try to bastardize the DK's background and somehow draw a connection to Gul'dan's Death Knights and WC3 Death Knights. I was so worried when I saw both mentioned on that page.

Vicious
10-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Only thing I learned was that they can't use shields.

Which is pretty pathetic for a Q&A page of that size, this was pretty much just "We thought *alot* of possibilities, seriously, like, a real lot but you won´t be hearing them right now."

Awesome update is awesome.

Kenzuki
10-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Um the only thing I learned was apparantly all the death knights want to destroy Azeroth at the behest of the Lich King.....

ScytheRexx
10-03-2007, 09:58 AM
I don't know if I mentioned this before, but this is how I see the quest that will allow you to "unlock" the Death Knight class.

Somewhere near Icecrown, you are going to find a group of Death Knights that have lost faith in the Lich King and fled the region, but because of the betrayal, the Lich King cut off his power from the group, causing them to weaken and forcing them to go into hiding or face destruction at the hands of the Scourge. When you find this group, they are lost without the power they once had, and ask you for help.

You will go do a quest, probably involving runes and runeblades, in order to "unlock" the runeblades they retained from the Lich King, allowing them to at least tap into the inherent powers of the blades, giving them back some of their old abilities (AKA the rune resource system for casting). Once you do this, the Death Knights will be so greatful that they offer one of the more inexperianced members of the rebel order to "join" you, thus opening up the creation screen with the new class.

Kenzuki
10-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Makes too much sense to be what Blizzard will do Scyth.

ARM3481
10-03-2007, 09:20 PM
You will go do a quest, probably involving runes and runeblades, in order to "unlock" the runeblades they retained from the Lich King, allowing them to at least tap into the inherent powers of the blades, giving them back some of their old abilities (AKA the rune resource system for casting). Once you do this, the Death Knights will be so greatful that they offer one of the more inexperianced members of the rebel order to "join" you, thus opening up the creation screen with the new class.

Or perhaps something along the lines of collecting undead-related regaents through various quests and finally running a 5-man Scourge instance and looting an "essence"- or "soul"-type drop from a Death Knight boss that's still Scourge-loyal and bringing it to them so they can perform some ritual and sort of "hijack" the link that previously granting the slain Death Knight his Scourge-granted powers.