PDA

View Full Version : Leveling Improvments in Patch 2.3

Warlock
10-08-2007, 01:52 PM
That's right, the annoying grind from 1-60 will become much less of a hassle come patch 2.3. <A HREF="http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2215496403&pageNo=1&sid=1#0">Find out more about the changes here</a>.

In general, XP needed to level is being lowered, XP from quests is going up, many elites are becoming non-elite (so less grouping is involved, especially considering how hard it can be sometimes to find groups for lower-level content), dungeons are being retuned (example given was Shadowfang is going from 18-25 to 18-21, so there is not such a huge gap between mob levels), 60 new quests (and a goblin town) are being added to Dustwallow Marsh, and overall a lot of loot is being improved with better stats (ex: +crit, +spell hit, etc. Basically the stats that were once percentage based, but changed to a point system for TBC to allow for better scaling).

Overall, this should finally make leveling alts less of a chore, and give people a chance to experience the end-game content on a variety of different classes and characters.

Zarnks
10-08-2007, 03:30 PM
That's right, the annoying grind from 1-60 will become much less of a hassle come patch 2.3. <A HREF="http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2215496403&pageNo=1&sid=1#0">Find out more about the changes here</a>.

In general, XP needed to level is being lowered, XP from quests is going up, many elites are becoming non-elite (so less grouping is involved, especially considering how hard it can be sometimes to find groups for lower-level content), dungeons are being retuned (example given was Shadowfang is going from 18-25 to 18-21, so there is not such a huge gap between mob levels), 60 new quests (and a goblin town) are being added to Dustwallow Marsh, and overall a lot of loot is being improved with better stats (ex: +crit, +spell hit, etc. Basically the stats that were once percentage based, but changed to a point system for TBC to allow for better scaling).

Overall, this should finally make leveling alts less of a chore, and give people a chance to experience the end-game content on a variety of different classes and characters.

That should be good. The grind from 40 was always annoying

Drirlake
10-08-2007, 03:32 PM

At last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rowan Seven
10-08-2007, 08:40 PM
I sincerely hope that at least one of the "60 new quests" resolves the Shady Rest Inn quest chain. My shaman is still waiting for that orc scout to return and report his findings. Still, I'm pretty happy to hear that Blizzard is revisiting the "old" world. This should make leveling up my alts more enjoyable.

Nephalim
10-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Well someone has to be the first to say it.

60 new quests to Dustwallow Marsh?

.... Missing Diplomat??

Aldrius
10-08-2007, 11:15 PM
No way, both factions can't do the missing diplomat. :rolleyes:

All quests must be neutral!

*Sigh*

ARM3481
10-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Well someone has to be the first to say it.

60 new quests to Dustwallow Marsh?

.... Missing Diplomat??

Sadly, that's rather directly in opposition to what Blizz indicated before (it's not impossible, mind you, but still.) They specifically indicated that they'd rather not force everyone who's leveled to 70 to head back into old zones and play through a bunch of low-level follow-ups that pick up where Missing Diplomat left off just to find out how it ends (especially since that'd step on the toes of anyone who's legitemately leveling in the area if 70's crashed through flattening all of the quest objectives.) More likely, continuation would be presented in higher-level zones and portrayed as a sort of "time has passed, and new information has been uncovered" thing. Otherwise, virtually nobody who's leveled past forty would ever see the new follow-up story without starting a new character.

Nephalim
10-09-2007, 07:38 AM
I know that's what the forum reps said, Arm but I really think that was just another case of on-the-fly excuses, and it came at a time when mid-level content was an exceptionally low priority. Now that it's being revisited, the opportunity is available. If players are curious, they're not going to object to having to go back to finish the quest, the alternative is that players experiencing that content for the first time will have to wait forty levels until the plot is resolved, which is equally (if not more) unfair. And players who don't care can just ignore it. And while it is annoying to have high level characters stealing all our kills, that happens every time new content is released. On Burning Crusade's opening day my elves and draenei were constantly harried by level 60s.

Timolas
10-09-2007, 10:54 AM
I'll finally be arsed to level my 45 alt after the patch.

They'd better not make this 'goblin town' Cartel aligned, or its a kick in the balls for Bloodsails.

ScytheRexx
10-09-2007, 06:24 PM
They'd better not make this 'goblin town' Cartel aligned, or its a kick in the balls for Bloodsails.

The Steamwheedle Cartel is building the new town of Mudsprocket in south-west Dustwallow Marsh

I think that answers that question.

Kenzuki
10-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Tim, when you play with evil pirates, expect to get kicked in the nuts.

The wages of sin is death....meh but the hours are good.

Timolas
10-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Er, I never bothered hurting myself by joining the pirates. However it's still pretty lame that they're so pointless.

Vicious
10-10-2007, 02:00 PM
At least they┬┤re not hte only ones, Blizzard said they would do something with Ravenholt a year and a half ago.