PDA

View Full Version : Official 2.3 Patch Notes

Warlock
10-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Blizzard has finally posted the <A HREF="http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2288042225&sid=1">official Patch 2.3 patch notes</a>. Aside from adding Zul'Aman, this patch speeds up leveling from 20-60, adds a slew of new content to Dustwallow Marsh, adds Guild Banks (finally!), and many more changes. Be sure to check it out, it's quite a large change list.

Warlock
10-11-2007, 02:26 PM
And yay, Leatherworking buffs! Not much, I'll takes what I can gets....

Yuber8900
10-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Holy hell, Paladin buffs!

Timolas
10-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Link didn't work so I checked the Wowwiki summary.

"All Commanders and Lieutenants have left Alterac Valley in search for other battle opportunities." in regards to Alterac Valley... does that mean they are removing all the named NPCs? Or most of them? Now that sucks.
Also if I understood correctly they're making it possible to win AV without whooping Drek'thar's ass.
I'll miss AV. Well, sort of. It's been turned into a zerg rush nowadays. Don't see why the lieutenants need to go though. They added flavour.

Well they're buffing hunters too, so I scream with glee.

"Elite mobs outside of pre-Burning Crusade dungeons have been changed to non-elite." All of them? That's taking it a wee bit too far. Even Araj?

"Lowered the fireball damage of Defias Pillagers " Lawl.

Warlock
10-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Link didn't work so I checked the Wowwiki summary.

"All Commanders and Lieutenants have left Alterac Valley in search for other battle opportunities." in regards to Alterac Valley... does that mean they are removing all the named NPCs? Or most of them? Now that sucks.
Also if I understood correctly they're making it possible to win AV without whooping Drek'thar's ass.
I'll miss AV. Well, sort of. It's been turned into a zerg rush nowadays. Don't see why the lieutenants need to go though. They added flavour.

Well they're buffing hunters too, so I scream with glee.

"Elite mobs outside of pre-Burning Crusade dungeons have been changed to non-elite." All of them? That's taking it a wee bit too far. Even Araj?

"Lowered the fireball damage of Defias Pillagers " Lawl.

Wow, you're out of the loop :P

Kenzuki
10-11-2007, 04:44 PM
This is awesome news!

handclaw
10-11-2007, 10:19 PM
You should visit World of Raids for some screens!

http://worldofraids.com/

Oh and....

ZUL'JIN!

http://www.worldofraids.com/news/october/2.3/zuljin.jpg

Drz
10-12-2007, 04:09 AM
Nice warrior buffs, Retribution Paladin gets to be abit better but i still doubt it will do any good in actual pvp, heh.

I really like the leveling buffs and so on, will help me level my Hordie. :P

EDIT: The Hunter buffs were abit of a shame tho, tho giving them dispel was awesome they still might get some LoS issue in smaller scale pvp but oh well.

Lon-ami
10-12-2007, 05:28 AM
Where's his left arm?

Kerrah
10-12-2007, 07:22 AM
It's probably still undone.

They'll add it later.

handclaw
10-12-2007, 07:33 AM
Or he lost his left arm? -.-

Kerrah
10-12-2007, 07:35 AM
Or he lost his left arm? -.-

Why does the scarf still have the shape of his shoulder then?

handclaw
10-12-2007, 07:41 AM
Because of an arm stump?

Kerrah
10-12-2007, 08:02 AM
Because of an arm stump?

And where's that then? I can't see it.

handclaw
10-12-2007, 08:38 AM
And where's that then? I can't see it.

Because they maybe think it's unnecessary?

Wulfang
10-12-2007, 09:08 AM
A troll not having an arm is technically impossible. They have that little regeneration thingy going on.

Which means that Blizz has kicked the troll lore in the nuts. Again.

handclaw
10-12-2007, 09:16 AM
A troll not having an arm is technically impossible. They have that little regeneration thingy going on.

Wrong... Burns can stop the regeneration of a troll. :P

Drirlake
10-12-2007, 09:17 AM

Agreed, well blizzard did the same kick in the lore nut with many things before, You should have gotten used to it long time ago.

Timolas
10-12-2007, 09:46 AM
I'm sure the model is just unfinished. His face is completely retarded though. Open the other eye, old man!

ARM3481
10-12-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm sure the model is just unfinished. His face is completely retarded though. Open the other eye, old man!

Hmm, dunno. That closed eye makes the other seem wider and a bit crazier. Kinda makes him look crafty, not necessarily old.

His lack of any identifiable tusks whatsoever is a bit of a letdown though. How many trolls that we've seen don't have any tusks?

Omacron
10-12-2007, 08:15 PM
I saw a video of Zul in combat... his invisible shoulder's flying willy nilly. Blizz SHOULD just add a stump and maybe some broken tusks, IMO.

Zarnks
10-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Hmm, dunno. That closed eye makes the other seem wider and a bit crazier. Kinda makes him look crafty, not necessarily old.

His lack of any identifiable tusks whatsoever is a bit of a letdown though. How many trolls that we've seen don't have any tusks?

Zul'jin never had tusks. Not all forest trolls have tusks.

Kenzuki
10-13-2007, 04:58 AM

Zul'jin has never been shown with tusks in any picture of him....ever. I just hope he speaks in a cuben accent and not that gay jamaican one. FOREST TROLLS DON'T SPEAK JAMAICAN!

Vicious
10-13-2007, 08:48 AM

Ah come one, give him a break, he´s old. Probably the reason he´s fighting the heroes is because he trying to watch Matlock.

Lon-ami
10-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Zul'jin has never been shown with tusks in any picture of him....ever. I just hope he speaks in a cuben accent and not that gay jamaican one. FOREST TROLLS DON'T SPEAK JAMAICAN!

You can't be more right

Timolas
10-13-2007, 05:33 PM
Ah come one, give him a break, he´s old. Probably the reason he´s fighting the heroes is because he trying to watch Matlock.

yeah okay never mind then, everyone gets old.
depressing thought

Lon-ami
10-14-2007, 09:11 AM
I always will be annoyed with something.

Why must they make boss-characters like Lady Vashj and Zul'jin so big? I thought they were normal-size...

And a boss mustn't be a giant.

Omacron
10-14-2007, 10:57 AM
I always will be annoyed with something.

Why must they make boss-characters like Lady Vashj and Zul'jin so big? I thought they were normal-size...

And a boss mustn't be a giant.

Makes them easier to see, they're not giant-sized IRL. When you're trying to fight one enemy and you're in the back of a huge group of 25 people, it helps if they stand above them.

Nephalim
10-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Scale in Warcraft = not to be taken seriously.

Jaina is not seven feet tall.

Lon-ami
10-14-2007, 11:16 AM
There are some things that appear in some games called "Arrows upon enemy heads"

They're so usefull :P

Kerrah
10-14-2007, 11:24 AM
There are some things that appear in some games called "Arrows upon enemy heads"

They're so usefull :P

I think the proper name is "raid marker".

ARM3481
10-14-2007, 04:53 PM
It's mostly just for effect. In Outland in particular, many human NPC's tower over the tallest Draenei or Night elf (not quite Tauren, but they've got Mok'nathal to make them feel tiny). It's mostly to just give the impression of players entering a realm of legendary giants who've been struggling against even more tremendous odds than those back at home. It's even present among other races, as many times the commander of a Draenei fort or settlement is several heads taller than any of the others.

Plus, like it or not, there are still some people who visibly select their targets via their cursor rather than using a targeting mod to choose them, and if a boss has five adds smushed together around him, it could render him un-selectable during a raid.

Though when it comes to oversized characters, I've always been partial to Hansel Heavyhands. He's bigger than even the biggest hero dwarf character in the whole game. They really should have scripted some quest-related events of him smacking around Dark Irons in the Searing Gorge. Somehow I just always pictured him using rapid-fire knockbacks to send his smaller opponents flying around every which way. :D