PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft Spinoff Games

Falarson
02-28-2012, 05:18 PM
I've been having this crazy idea about a Shining Force/Fire Emblem-styled Warcraft I remake in my head for a while. I think it could work awesomely if made correctly. Of course, such a game would work for a console that's now old, like GBA or something. It could be remade in 3D for the 3DS, I guess, but the core gameplay idea is to use the SF/FE gameplay style (I prefer SF) for it and make it tell the story of the First War with the heroes and such.

Other thing I might like is a Warcraft fighting game ala Marvel vs Capcom 3 (I won't even be mad if they decide to make Blizzard vs Wildstorm or some crazy shit like that).

Any ideas like this guys? I think we need more Warcraft games other than WoW (Starcraft and Diablo too, why not?).

Sarahmoo
02-28-2012, 05:32 PM
A tile-based RPG set in the Warcraft mythos for a handheld console would be really good. I would totally buy that game.

Blizzard probably won't do it.

Falarson
02-28-2012, 05:35 PM
A tile-based RPG set in the Warcraft mythos for a handheld console would be really good. I would totally buy that game.

Blizzard probably won't do it.

That's pretty much what I want. They should manage their licences better. If some studio makes spinoffs, that would be pretty cool actually. I really don't like how Blizzard is pretty much self-contained.

HalfElfDragon
02-28-2012, 05:42 PM
That's pretty much what I want. They should manage their licences better. If some studio makes spinoffs, that would be pretty cool actually. I really don't like how Blizzard is pretty much self-contained.

I dunno, it makes sense to me. And its not exactly that abnormal of a practice.

Falarson
02-28-2012, 05:44 PM
I dunno, it makes sense to me. And its not exactly that abnormal of a practice.

Look at Game Freak for example. They have Genius Sonority for spinoff games, and they do it pretty well. Pokémon Colloseum and XD aren't the best games ever, but they were a nice change of pace nonetheless.

GenyaArikado
02-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Oh there aint no other way, I want warcraft fighter game, baby I want WARCRAFT FIGHTING GAMEE

C9H20
02-29-2012, 08:32 AM
Hmm I could go for any of the following spin-offs: warcraft advanture game (never forget!), RPG, turn based strategy (like HoM&M), a warcraft FPS or failing that a hack and slash game.

Mustrum
02-29-2012, 08:39 AM
I think the Warcraft story would be really well suited to an RTS, personally.

Falarson
02-29-2012, 08:41 AM
Before MoP I really wanted an action-adventure game set in Pandaria. You would take control of Chen Stormstout and embark in adventure :D

Omacron
02-29-2012, 09:16 AM
World of KartCraft.

Falarson
02-29-2012, 10:34 AM
World of KartCraft.

Now with Yaks!

Millenia
03-01-2012, 06:10 AM
I wouldn't mind a Battalion Wars style game.

Kadifa
03-01-2012, 05:30 PM
A Valkyria Chronicles-style turn-based/RTS hybrid set during the Troll Wars.

Erthad
03-01-2012, 06:43 PM
I think a single player RPG could be really cool.

Blizzard is good at making really stand out games so I wonder what they would do in this type of game.