PDA

View Full Version : WarCraft II Turns 10 Years Old!

Warlock
12-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Ten years ago Blizzard released a game that redefined RTS games as we know them and made them the household name they are today. <A HREF="http://www.blizzard.com/PRESS/10-years-warcraftii.shtml">WarCraft II celebrates its 10th anniversary</a>. Blizzard has posted some tidbits about what made the game so revolutionary at the time, but to me WarCraft II will always be the greatest game of all time.

It's hard to believe it was released ten years ago, but the game is just as fun today as it was back then. Though it was too early to feature the fancy triggers, scripted events and other features that came with later Blizzard RTS games, it made up for it with pure gameplay and excellent story (both through the mission briefings and game manual). In fact, it was the WarCraft II story that got me into WarCraft lore in the first place. I read through the manuals over and over, played the game ad-nauseum, and even messed around in the modding community (yes, there was one for WarCraft II). So congrats to Blizzard for such an outstanding product and for maintaining that level of quality in all their work since then.

Kenzuki
12-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Warcraft II>WoW

It got me started on Warcraft as well, the manual was my favorite and I still have it hehe.

Bradford
12-17-2005, 09:11 AM
Warcraft II>WoW

I dont understand why everyone hates WoW. I have played MMOs for over 15 years and I think this is the best one thus far. I think its the best because of the story. EQ had potential, but it got ruined by polotics. I cant understand why lore mongers of Warcraft loath this sooooo much. You have all said it yourselves, the plot has holes Pre wow, so the excuse that WoW will ruin the story is an invalid arguerment. I trust Blizzard, they have produced some very wonderful peices of work thus far. I think they have their heads in the right spot for WoW!

Kakwakas
12-17-2005, 10:51 AM
Yeah, I used to carry my WC2 manual around with me. XD I think I still have it, but I'm not sure where. :/