PDA

View Full Version : GameSpot's Greatest Games of All Time

Warlock
02-16-2006, 12:22 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6144203/index.html

Good article, though it focuses almost exclusively on Multiplayer which frankly was not even close to being as prevalent as it was after Battle.net came out.

Oh, and this gave me a chuckle:
Aside from World of Warcraft, the success of Warcraft II led to an expansion pack, Beyond the Dark Portal, as well as a sequel, Warcraft III, and its subsequent expansion pack. Each new game added to the interesting lore behind the franchise, but none of it would have been possible without the undisputed impact of the original game.

Way to ignore the roman numerals! "This isn't WarCraft 2! It's Warcraft i i! It has two I's because it stands for 'interesting innovation'!" hehe..

The article does seriously ignore WarCraft 1 though. While that game was indeed pretty lame in comparison it was still decent and a hell of a lot better than other stuff at the time (well.. umm.. Dune 2.. I suppose that was the only "other stuff" at the time).

Ravenclaw2099
02-16-2006, 02:10 AM
I agree with you on Warcraft 1, it started helped catapult the RTS genre to where it is today. I guess you could say the same for Dune, but I um, never played it...

Kenzuki
02-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Warcraft I was ok, and was pretty fun. But no RTS ever comes close to the greatest two games ever Warcraft II and then Starcraft. Warcraft III was fun, but in a different way.

Bradford
02-16-2006, 11:25 AM
Am i the only one that a lot of fun with the Command and Conquer series? I loved the warcraft games, but the whole GDI/NOD thing was awesome. They had some of the best cut scenes in all of video game history at the time....gotta love Kane!

Warlock
02-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Warcraft I was ok, and was pretty fun. But no RTS ever comes close to the greatest two games ever Warcraft II and then Starcraft. Warcraft III was fun, but in a different way.

I agree, I just think the author should have at least mentioned it. Without WarCraft 1 there would be no WarCraft 2 :P

Yuber8900
02-16-2006, 01:47 PM
1 was so freakishly diffecult though.

Phlintlock
02-16-2006, 02:57 PM
Am i the only one that a lot of fun with the Command and Conquer series? I loved the warcraft games, but the whole GDI/NOD thing was awesome. They had some of the best cut scenes in all of video game history at the time....gotta love Kane!

I loved all the CoC games oh so very much.

Oh and Dune2 was good too.

Doomhammer
02-16-2006, 04:35 PM
I loved CoC especially red alert 2 that one was my all time favorite.

Timolas
02-21-2006, 03:28 PM
I will never forget Black Moon Chronicles... and I still have it but it doesn't work.
Ancient game now - but it was just so fun.
Fratus Sinister! :goofy: