PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Burning Crusade Preview (not April Fools)

Warlock
03-31-2006, 03:50 PM
And to go with the jokes today, we have something that's actually real. <A HREF="http://www.gamespot.com/">GameSpot</a> has a new <A HREF="http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/worldofwarcraftexp1/news.html?sid=6146909">Burning Crusade Q&A with Jeff Kaplan</a> which covers a bunch of new details, including a few zones in Outland. There are also several new screenshots of these zones and they look great. Be sure to give it a look. Thanks to Tysar for the news!

Bradford
03-31-2006, 04:07 PM
I guess they decided on the final class for the BEs. Its the rogue, not the hunter. If you look at the caption under that one picture it says "rogue." Im ready for it.

Kaziel
03-31-2006, 04:21 PM
I guess they decided on the final class for the BEs. Its the rogue, not the hunter. If you look at the caption under that one picture it says "rogue." Im ready for it.And there is the option of them being both. >.>

Bradford
03-31-2006, 04:26 PM
And there is the option of them being both. >.>

I remember a article that said they were going to be either one of the other. Not both. I think the hunter would tie in too close to that of a ranger. I doubt that blizzard would intertwine the two .......

Kaziel
03-31-2006, 04:30 PM
I remember a article that said they were going to be either one of the other. Not both. I think the hunter would tie in too close to that of a ranger. I doubt that blizzard would intertwine the two .......And not to say that the article didn't say that, but it's not like Blizzard hasn't ever changed their mind on something. ;) All I'm saying is that until we hear it from blizzard in writing, anything could happen. ^^

Warlock
03-31-2006, 05:02 PM
They did change their minds. It's both now. They said so in the forums.

Kenzuki
04-01-2006, 11:33 AM
It would be utterly FUBAR for them to take away hunters form the high elves who have a LONG history of a group of elite forest warrior known as the Rangers.

They will be getting both Rogues and Hunters, as I predicted they would.

Vicious
04-01-2006, 05:41 PM
I´m not surprised and was expecting for both classes to available to the BE´s since as Kenzuki said, the High elves have a very long and *very* good story of the rangers.

HE Rangers > NE Rangers, by the way.

Kenzuki
04-01-2006, 07:38 PM
I´m not surprised and was expecting for both classes to available to the BE´s since as Kenzuki said, the High elves have a very long and *very* good story of the rangers.

HE Rangers > NE Rangers, by the way.

It makes more sense than dwarf hunters.

Vicious
04-01-2006, 07:48 PM
It makes more sense than dwarf hunters.

At least Ironforge dwarves, i wouldn´t be surprised if the Wildhammer have a good line of hunters in their clans.

Falstad now have a shiny new title below his name by the way, "High Thane", that story about Deathwing really made him go to high places, hehe.

Wulfang
04-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Falstad now have a shiny new title below his name by the way, "High Thane", that story about Deathwing really made him go to high places, hehe.

Falstad Wildhammer isn't the same dwarf who helped Rhonin free the Dragonqueen. That Falstad's surname was Dragonreaver, if I remember correctly.

Warlock
04-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Falstad Wildhammer isn't the same dwarf who helped Rhonin free the Dragonqueen. That Falstad's surname was Dragonreaver, if I remember correctly.

He's the same Falstad. They changed it.

Kaziel
04-03-2006, 12:46 PM
One possibility is the High Thane is renamed "Wildhammer" when given the title and it's not a genetic monarchy.

Warlock
04-03-2006, 12:51 PM
One possibility is the High Thane is renamed "Wildhammer" when given the title and it's not a genetic monarchy.

Yes. That's most likely it. I'd have to look at what Dwarves do for last names, but I know for many races it's based on feats or characteristics (i.e. "Elfslayer" etc). It's possible he was given the name Dragonreaver as recognition to his dragon-slaying during the second war, but when he became Thane he took up the name Wildhammer instead.