PDA

View Full Version : Burning Crusade Bestiary!

Warlock
04-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Blizzard has surprised us with a great Burning Crusade update today: <A HREF="http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/bestiary.html">The Burning Crusade Bestiary</a>! Inside you will find info on many of the new races that will be encounted in Outland, Kharazan and Zul'Aman, as well as some nice concept art of each. So far it only covers Ethereals (which sound like they could almost be the "friend or foe" race in Auchindoun), Fleshbeasts, Forest Trolls, and the Gronn. I'm sure Blizzard will add more in the future however.

Rebirth
04-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Saw that, so the Gronn are the ogres demi gods and there are only supposedly 7 of them in all existence? ... hmmm, could be quite interesting.

Kakwakas
04-10-2006, 02:40 PM
I like the etherals already. They're like meaner elementals from the Twisting Nether.

Warlock
04-10-2006, 03:13 PM
I wish Blizzard would make up their minds... Bestiary or Beastiary? Technically both are correct, though they used Beastiary in WarCraft 3 (Orc building).

Kenzuki
04-10-2006, 07:47 PM
I like the Forest Troll and Gronn sections the best. Ogre Demigods for the win!

Vicious
04-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Nice mention of Zul´jin in the Forest Troll description, cool art too.

Timolas
04-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Forest Trolls aren't new to the game right? What about the Hinterlands and all that stuff... and the trolls in the Plaguelands? Sure aren't Ice Trolls, Jungle Trolls or Dark Trolls.

What and where is Zul'aman anyway? I know, I know, after playing all warcraft games I probably should know. But I dont. Enlighten me :D

Kaziel
04-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Forest Trolls aren't new to the game right? What about the Hinterlands and all that stuff... and the trolls in the Plaguelands? Sure aren't Ice Trolls, Jungle Trolls or Dark Trolls.

What and where is Zul'aman anyway? I know, I know, after playing all warcraft games I probably should know. But I dont. Enlighten me :DYes forest trolls have been in the game, but for the first time they will have their own instance (almost assuredly a raid). Zul'Aman is their holy ground (I believe) and is near or in Quel'Thalas, depending on the map you look at.

Anduin Lothar
04-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Its about the size of Quel'Thalas, its almost an island off the coast of Quel'Thalas, I'm not exactly sure why you never see it there, but I've seen it on a map before.

Kenzuki
04-13-2006, 08:31 PM
Its about the size of Quel'Thalas, its almost an island off the coast of Quel'Thalas, I'm not exactly sure why you never see it there, but I've seen it on a map before.

It's not an Island, it's a part of the forest.

Timolas
04-14-2006, 03:05 PM
Hopefully it will be a cool looking instance; not something like the Sunken Temple or Zul'Farrak which I both hate.

Tysar
04-15-2006, 03:50 AM
Yup, In Wc3 It used to look like this (http://www.wowwiki.com/Image:Quelthalas-1-.jpg) but they changed it with Lands of Conflict where it is a part of the whole peninsula rahter than a separate one by itself... The main reason would probably be the different locations of places around Quel'Thalas like Darrowmere lake and Tyr's Hand. I'd say that BC will present an even newer version showing a bit more obvious borders between Zul'Aman and uel Thalas (hopefully they won't just erect a new range of mountains...) Tectonic activity must be really viscious in that area...

EDIT: according to Lands of Conflict, a powerful Witch Doctor Ral'Jin (in Zul'Aman ofc) wants to gather prisoners to use in a mass-sacrifice to conjure the Serpent Godess Ula'Tek. This could be the theme for the Zul'Aman raid/dungeon/whatever... save the prisoners, kill Ral'Jin, perhaps fight Ula'Tek.. wait, doesn't that sound like Sunken Temple? Also, The Dark Irons are supposed to be involved, Ula'Tek could be friendly with Ragnaros if she is an Old God (isn't she supposed to be a Loa or something? Doesn't that sound like Wowwiki?). :cool:

Kenzuki
04-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Yup, In Wc3 It used to look like this (http://www.wowwiki.com/Image:Quelthalas-1-.jpg) but they changed it with Lands of Conflict where it is a part of the whole peninsula rahter than a separate one by itself... The main reason would probably be the different locations of places around Quel'Thalas like Darrowmere lake and Tyr's Hand. I'd say that BC will present an even newer version showing a bit more obvious borders between Zul'Aman and uel Thalas (hopefully they won't just erect a new range of mountains...) Tectonic activity must be really viscious in that area...

EDIT: according to Lands of Conflict, a powerful Witch Doctor Ral'Jin (in Zul'Aman ofc) wants to gather prisoners to use in a mass-sacrifice to conjure the Serpent Godess Ula'Tek. This could be the theme for the Zul'Aman raid/dungeon/whatever... save the prisoners, kill Ral'Jin, perhaps fight Ula'Tek.. wait, doesn't that sound like Sunken Temple? Also, The Dark Irons are supposed to be involved, Ula'Tek could be friendly with Ragnaros if she is an Old God (isn't she supposed to be a Loa or something? Doesn't that sound like Wowwiki?). :cool:

The whole Ral'Jin thing is a adventure you can give your WCRPG players, and might not necessarily be 100% lore. Also, you fight Ula-Tek's High Priest in Zul'Gurub, Venoxis is his name.

Vicious
04-16-2006, 11:28 AM
WEll, the Tresh´Jin (spelling?) story told by that dying troll is confirmed in Warcraft, he´s a rare spawn in Zul´Mashar with the title of Warboss or something like that.

Kenzuki
04-16-2006, 01:25 PM
WEll, the Tresh´Jin (spelling?) story told by that dying troll is confirmed in Warcraft, he´s a rare spawn in Zul´Mashar with the title of Warboss or something like that.

Thresh'Jin is indeed a troll warlord, and is not in some random adventure hook.

Vicious
04-16-2006, 02:42 PM
Thresh'Jin is indeed a troll warlord, and is not in some random adventure hook.

I was damn surprised when i saw him believe me, it adds to the credibility of the RPG books, plus he dropped me the 2 of Warlords. =P

There´s also a rare spellcaster troll there, Zul´something Warpbranch, although he wasn´t mentioned.