PDA

View Full Version : Bestiary Update

Warlock
04-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Blizzard has updated their <A HREF="http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/bestiary.html">Burning Crusade Bestiary</a> with two new entries - The Broken and Rock Flayers. Be sure to check them out along w/ their new concept art (completely new in both cases).

Kenzuki
04-17-2006, 09:03 PM
The Broken - Well we know what happen to Akama and his draenei...

Tysar
04-18-2006, 03:32 AM
and... does this mean the Draenei are no longer candidates for the new alliance race (please tell me I'm wrong... please)? They are still Illidan's allies... And the info is written as if it was about all the Draenei left... <sniff>. Well, the speculation was still quite fun and exciting :D... Nice concept btw. I like this dude, he looks real cool, nice clothes etc and doesn't look like some mutated whale... hail demon corruption for healing the Draenei :D:D:D:D!!!!

The rock flayers... they're ok, cool idea although they look weird... We'll expect some ambushes around Blade's Edge...

Vicious
04-18-2006, 05:20 AM
The Broken - Well we know what happen to Akama and his draenei...

I like them, they are something like the Blood elves in a way, a non evil race fighting the BL in the worst way possible.

The art is also cool, thank god we don´t need to depend on Samwise and Metzen every time.

Kenzuki
04-18-2006, 07:21 AM
No, I still think the Draenei from Azeroth are a good candidate for the Alliance race.

Kaziel
04-18-2006, 07:40 AM
I concur with Kenzuki. As was pointed out, they still have the best reasons to want to go home, the best reason for joining the Alliance, and the current members of the Alliance have no reason to hate them.

Warlock
04-18-2006, 07:43 AM
Notice it said they were shamen tho :P

But incidentally, these guys would make a so much cooler race that normal Draenei :D Oh well I guess :P

Kaziel
04-18-2006, 07:53 AM
I'm not counting them out of the race yet... I mean, technically, so are Ogres shamanistic. Really the only races with ties to Outlands that aren't shamanistic are Blood Elves and Naga... and I would eat my hat if the Naga are the new Alliance race...

Warlock
04-18-2006, 09:16 AM
Well yeah. I mean, how much effort does it even take to change that? "Though the Draenei traditionally practice shamanistic teachings, the Lost Ones have since moved away from these beliefs." or something to that effect. It's not hard, esp since these are different Draenei factions. May not even be the Lost Ones (though I found it interesting The Broken lord over them, considering I always thought "The Lost Ones" refered to the fact they were *not* on Draenor -_-)

Kaziel
04-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Well yeah. I mean, how much effort does it even take to change that? "Though the Draenei traditionally practice shamanistic teachings, the Lost Ones have since moved away from these beliefs." or something to that effect. It's not hard, esp since these are different Draenei factions. May not even be the Lost Ones (though I found it interesting The Broken lord over them, considering I always thought "The Lost Ones" refered to the fact they were *not* on Draenor -_-)I was under the same impression Warlock... My understanding was that the Lost Ones were ones who'd lost their minds due to homesickness... of course that doesn't really explain why the Lost Ones had a lot of Dreanethyst around them...

Here's an interesting theory... >.> What if the Lost Ones refer to those who were corrupted by the corruption of Dreanor, and there are still "pure" Dreanei. O.o

Vicious
04-18-2006, 10:09 AM
No, I still think the Draenei from Azeroth are a good candidate for the Alliance race.

Yeah lol, i never said otherwise.

Here's an interesting theory... >.> What if the Lost Ones refer to those who were corrupted by the corruption of Dreanor, and there are still "pure" Dreanei. O.o

Hum...somehow i don´t think that´s it.

Tysar
04-18-2006, 10:49 AM
I still hope that this theory is true... perhaps there are Draenei tribes in "pure" areas like Nagrand or the druid-healed lands that were never corrupted by Fel Energy or were "healed", and basically weren't encountered yet... Oh, btw. I think that all the Draenei were affected by Draenor's corruption (excluding those who lived in those "pure" areas), only the Broken ones were even more corrupted by the Fel Energies themselves. This is all assuming that the Draenei were spiritually connected to the areas where their roots were planted, ie. if Zangor Marsh was corrupted, only the Draenei native to it are corrupted. It might be that it's all Draenor we're talking about though, but I don't think so really. Hmm... when I look at the variety of weirdness and corruption in Outland, I'm thinking wouldn't it be cool if Draenei from those different regions were corrupted in different ways as well? Ok, maybe I'm pushing this too far, just a thought :D

Syroco
04-19-2006, 11:46 AM
What lands were the Draenei exactly indigenous to? We already know they're native to the planet, but where did they exactly live on the Planet? My guess is the Zangor Marsh, considering they stayed in the Swamp of Sorrows instead of exploring outward more, perhaps it felt a little bit like home?

Also, what druids are in the Outland? Night Elvish? Tauren?

Warlock
04-19-2006, 11:52 AM
What lands were the Draenei exactly indigenous to? We already know they're native to the planet, but where did they exactly live on the Planet? My guess is the Zangor Marsh, considering they stayed in the Swamp of Sorrows instead of exploring outward more, perhaps it felt a little bit like home?

Also, what druids are in the Outland? Night Elvish? Tauren?

Probably everywhere.. I'm sure they lived all over.

Syroco
04-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Perhaps, but because of being massacred, etc it is possible they hid away from the Orcs and demons in the Zangor Marshes, or another area to avoid death. It would be interesting to find out exactly what the Draenei did on Draenor and how their lives were, considering not much is known about them. x[

Kenzuki
04-19-2006, 06:05 PM
I know they enjoyed living in cliffs based on this

It was at this time that Kil'jaeden discovered the lush world of Draenor floating peacefully within the Great Dark Beyond. Home to the shamanistic, clan-based orcs and the peaceful draenei, Draenor was as idyllic as it was vast. The noble orc clans roamed the open prairies and hunted for sport, while the inquisitive draenei built crude cities within the world's towering cliffs and peaks. Kil'jaeden knew that Draenor's denizens had great potential to serve the Burning Legion if they could be cultivated properly.

Timolas
04-20-2006, 04:53 AM
Im surprised they went mad on Azeroth then... so many mountains seperating about every damn region they should truly be at home. :p

Tysar
04-20-2006, 07:53 AM
so perhaps there were some large settlements in Blade's Edge mountains, and maybe even Nagrand (screenshots show large cliffs etc...), which is a pretty uncorrupted-looking area... yay if this is true:D, the theory is closer to being real ^_^.