PDA

View Full Version : Troll Compendium Update - Jungle Trolls

Warlock
06-28-2006, 12:56 PM
The <A HREF="http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/story/troll/">Troll Compendium</a> has been updated to include Jungle Trolls. This covers their <A HREF="http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/story/troll/jungletrolls.html">History</a> and <A HREF="http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/story/troll/jungletribes.html">Tribes</a>.

Kenzuki
06-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Almost all of the tribe info is copy and paste from the others....This is nothing new. The only thing new is omg jungle trolls have fur!

Warlock
06-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Yeah, lame. It's almost verbatum copied from the overall "troll history" they alraedy had up. I was afraid that was what would happen :(

The only thing I found cool was they had the Shatterspears on there, which is that little troll village when you fly to Moonglade.

Vicious
06-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Yeah, nothing really new here.....the shatterspear tribe was mentioned at least, even though it didn´t really said anything relevant about them.

Smeedle
06-28-2006, 01:28 PM
What's up with this "Forest Trolls are green beacuase of the moss growing on their skin" and now "Jungle Trolls are purple because their bodies are covered in short fur"? So, what color does a troll's skin now really have. When you remove the moss/fur, what do they look like?

Kenzuki
06-28-2006, 01:45 PM
Trolls are pink.

Ersinus
06-28-2006, 01:46 PM
When you remove the moss/fur they look like zandalari because trolls are their descendants i think.

Kerrah
06-28-2006, 01:47 PM
Trolls are pink.
God forbid.

Timolas
06-28-2006, 02:29 PM
What is notable about the Shatterspear entry is that they say many adventurers have fallen to their deaths trying to reach the village.
Thats true - you can get there with a glitch, but you will most probably fall down and die horribly. Which is what happened to me :sweatdrop

Ravenclaw2099
06-29-2006, 06:48 PM
I agree, the whole copy paste thing annoyed me. W already know the whole Hakkar story, theres no need for them to repeat it over and over. As for the Shatterspear, I forgot about them till now. Luckily I never tried to reach them :P

As for the whole moss/fur deal, I don't mind it. Kind cool to see how they evolved to fit their new surroundings. I bet the Ice trolls have a thin layer of frost on their skins, and the Sand trolls have er, sand. Darks I have no idea...

Yuber8900
06-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Hope they add Dark Trolls in at one point.

Smeedle
06-30-2006, 01:22 AM
I bet the Ice trolls have a thin layer of frost on their skins, and the Sand trolls have er, sand. Darks I have no idea...
Dark trolls like to bathe in dark chocolate. You heard it here first! ;)

Ravenclaw2099
06-30-2006, 11:20 PM
Dark trolls like to bathe in dark chocolate. You heard it here first! ;)

Lol, thus we have the real reason for the Troll's cannibalism. :p

Tysar
07-01-2006, 12:00 AM
They must lick each other a lot then... uhh, whatever ^_^'

Kerrah
07-01-2006, 04:09 AM
You will get a repeatable quest to collect Dark Troll Skin from Undercity when they add them.

Ravenclaw2099
07-01-2006, 10:37 PM
They must lick each other a lot then... uhh, whatever ^_^'

LMAO, ah the joy of reading out of context..or would that be in context?

Creative
07-05-2006, 07:02 AM
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/story/trolls/icetrolls.html

Ice Trolls!

Little new, but still cool ^_^

Tysar
07-05-2006, 09:41 AM
*sigh* they really do like copying...

Kerrah
07-05-2006, 10:11 AM
Why does it say: "Gundrak" up there but Zul'Drak lower?

And why does it say "Jungle Trolls" first and then "Also known as: Frost Trolls"

Warlock
07-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Wow, for once WoW-Europe is down and WoW.com (USA) is running smoothly.. I think I stumbled into bizarro world..

... well no, if this was bizarro world than WoW.com (USA) would have had the update first :D

Smeedle
07-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Why does it say: "Gundrak" up there but Zul'Drak lower?
Because Zul'Drak is the nation and Gundrak is the capital.

And why does it say "Jungle Trolls" first and then "Also known as: Frost Trolls"
Because the Blizzard web people used too much copy&paste. On the tribes page it also says:
"Below you can learn more about the various groups of jungle trolls: the Drakkari tribe, the Frostmane tribe, and the Winterax tribe."

The error has already been reported on the official forums, so they are probably going to fix it soon.

Kerrah
07-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Because Zul'Drak is the nation and Gundrak is the capital.

Because the Blizzard web people used too much copy&paste. On the tribes page it also says:
"Below you can learn more about the various groups of jungle trolls: the Drakkari tribe, the Frostmane tribe, and the Winterax tribe."

The error has already been reported on the official forums, so they are probably going to fix it soon.
Okay.

Yuber8900
07-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Well that is interesting, so Dark Trolls are unspecified-ne?