PDA

View Full Version : Burning Crusade: Flying Mounts Video

Warlock
06-29-2006, 11:11 AM
<A HREF="http://pc.ign.com/">IGN</a> has a new <A HREF="http://media.pc.ign.com/media/770/770472/vids_1.html">Buring Crusade Video available featuring Flying Mounts</a>. Be sure to check it out. It looks like something specifically produced by Blizzard, so we may see a better quality version (without IGN watermarks) on the WoW Community Site later.

Kakwakas
06-29-2006, 01:33 PM
I must say I'm a bit disappointed that the flying mounts are nether drakes. Nether dragons are supposed to be innately chaotic (thus untameable) and feed on mana sources (mages and warlocks?).

Yuber8900
06-29-2006, 01:53 PM
I must say I'm a bit disappointed that the flying mounts are nether drakes. Nether dragons are supposed to be innately chaotic (thus untameable) and feed on mana sources (mages and warlocks?).

Blizz confirmed they were Nether Dragons a while ago-ne.

Smeedle
06-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Well, I must say Outland and the Horde base in that video look rather... unimpressive. Mostly like recolored Barrens or Durotar.

Yuber8900
06-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Well, I must say Outland and the Horde base in that video look rather... unimpressive. Mostly like recolored Barrens or Durotar.

Well Thrall did say Durator looked like Dreanor from the legends he heard-ne.

Smeedle
06-30-2006, 01:19 AM
Well Thrall did say Durator looked like Dreanor from the legends he heard-ne.
Yeah, sure. But Blizzard could still have tried to give Outland a more unique look. Okay, I know what's in the video is only a part of Outland and there are probably much more interesting areas there - but still, I would have thought that they show us the best Outland has to offer in an official video like this. It's not that what is shown is really that bad; as I said it's just rather unimpressive.

FreeLancer
06-30-2006, 02:21 AM
That video did not look terribly official or terribly well done. It just like something someone had just made up on their own. Honestly, it looked like whoever had done it had their in-game graphic set WAY down. I doubt this is the spit and polished Outland or Nether Dragons we're all expecting.

Was funny however, I especially liked the arrows hitting the chase gyrocopter. "You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, ya dodge-eyed halfwits!"

Smeedle
06-30-2006, 02:59 AM
The video is official. It has been distributed by Blizzard to a few others sites as well by now. As Warlock already said it's more than likely that the video will appear on the official WoW site in a few days.

Timolas
06-30-2006, 09:10 AM
I'd have wanted flying mounts to be racial. Eg: Controllable Gryphons for Humans, Gyrocopters for Gnomes, Dragonhawks for Belfs etc

Tysar
06-30-2006, 01:41 PM
But then we wouldn't have a proper reason why they cannot be used in Azeroth (probably the Nether Drakes can only exist in the Twisting Nether which is merged with Outland now)

Kerrah
07-01-2006, 04:33 AM
A cool video.

I'd have wanted flying mounts to be racial. Eg: Controllable Gryphons for Humans, Gyrocopters for Gnomes, Dragonhawks for Belfs etc

And Dranei would have Space Shuttles!

Timolas
07-01-2006, 04:38 AM
The reason they can't be used in Azeroth? Who needs a reason :p They beat Nether Drakes.

That video dissappointed me... Outland looks way less cooler than I expected from that point of view. I guess concept art can be more impressive than Durotar In Space.

Vicious
07-01-2006, 08:02 AM
I liked it, Outland looks exactly like the terrain Tileset from Warcraft 3 and that i what i was expecting.

Timolas
07-01-2006, 08:45 AM
Yeah I didn't mean that it wasn't well done, but when theres all this excitement, rumours and news you tend you raise your expectations beyond what is reasonable :P I DID expect something more chaotic and floatish - demonic and alien. Nether Drakes are too big; the video wasnt funny; and it DOES look a little recoloured, but what can they actually do?

Kerrah
07-01-2006, 11:23 AM
I think it sucks they look exactly like normal dragons, i mean they've never even seen a dragon.

Rebirth
07-01-2006, 01:39 PM
i liked the video and outland, it looks HOW IT SHOULD. and there will be many flying mounts, theyve said that many times, so do not worry.

and they could not logically be racial, none of the Azerothian races live on draenor, therefore it makes no sense for them to be racial.

Yuber8900
07-01-2006, 01:59 PM
i liked the video and outland, it looks HOW IT SHOULD. and there will be many flying mounts, theyve said that many times, so do not worry.

and they could not logically be racial, none of the Azerothian races live on draenor, therefore it makes no sense for them to be racial.

Damn those poor Dreanei.

Timolas
07-01-2006, 05:15 PM

It could be racial because they could obviously take them through the Dark Portal.

Creative
07-01-2006, 10:50 PM
It is the draenei case all over again!

Blizzard wants demons, they add them.
Blizzard wants dragons of raw magic, they add them.