PDA

View Full Version : IGN Previews Upcoming 1.12 World PvP

Warlock
07-13-2006, 12:33 PM
<A HREF="http://pc.ign.com">IGN</a> has a new <A HREF="http://pc.ign.com/articles/718/718310p1.html">preview of World PvP in patch 1.12</a> up. It's pretty short but an interesting read.

The basics are that they are adding objectives to Sillithus and Eastern Plaguelands that flag you for PvP. Sillithus will involve collecting "Sillithyst", a dust-like resource, and returning it to your faction's base camp (the ones constantly attacked by giant wasps where you sign the Field Duty papers). Doing that will give you a buff, and with enough sillithyst will buff the entire zone including AQ20 (no mention of AQ40 though).

EPL's will involve the four ruined watch towers already in the zone, which are now capturable. If your faction manages to capture all four they will get a zone buff similar to in Sillithus.

Sounds pretty interesting. Check out the article for some more details.

Yuber8900
07-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Well the Towers are interesting, two of them are involved in Alliance-only quest so what's gonna happen with that?

Warlock
07-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Well the Towers are interesting, two of them are involved in Alliance-only quest so what's gonna happen with that?

I dunno, I wondered that too. Though what's the other one? I know one has the high elf chick in it, but there is another one for a quest?

Either way, I suspect they'll just move the NPCs. That High Elf chick in particular could go into that High Elf village (full of random generic high elves for Horde to kill)

Other stuff I wonder about: Silithus Field Duty might become impossible if the other side is constantly killing off the NPCs or something. Or even just attacking those camps. And also, Blightcaller is pretty close to one of the towers in EPL. I wonder how much spillover will go to him (especially since he also flags you for PvP - something that wasn't so much a problem before just due to a lack of interest in that area of EPL - unless you're *doing* Blightcaller of course)

Kakwakas
07-13-2006, 03:20 PM
I wonder if Outland PVP will be similar.

Yuber8900
07-13-2006, 10:15 PM
The Blightcaller is scary.

Well the tower in Terrordale (fantastic name by the way) can be used in the Paladin Epic Mount quest, you've seen those green fog patches right?

Kerrah
07-17-2006, 02:41 AM
Sounds boring.

Timolas
07-17-2006, 05:33 AM
The Blightcaller is scary.

And amazingly tough for a zombie with a bow that strangely reminds me of a Lost One. 20 man raid groups have fallen to his mighty pimp bow and pimp dawgs.