PDA

View Full Version : Theory of Prime Evil's return in D3

Slowpokeking
09-28-2010, 07:35 PM
I noticed one interesting thing, Mephisto didn't simply put his soul stone into his avatar, actually he broke it into 7 pieces, each council member got 1 piece inside their body, the biggest one became his mortal body. And the 6 small shards were never talked about or took out to smash. Maybe in D3 they'll use these stones to get back?

ScytheRexx
09-30-2010, 07:29 AM
The Soulstones lost much of their usefulness as a plot point when the Worldstone was destroyed, since the Worldstone was the stone from which the Soulstones were cut. Pretty sure they are not going to continue down that story point and will instead bring back the Prime Evils some other way.

Slowpokeking
09-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Yeah I found that info. Seems like the Soul stones became a tool of the Prime Evils after they got info from Izual. I really hope Mephisto will play a big role since the Prime Evils has to think about get back into mortal world and he showed superior power than his younger bros on corrupt people.

engal
08-16-2011, 03:33 PM
From blizzplanet, in gamescom...

http://www.blizzplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/diablo3_gamescom2011_rudolfplatz.jpg

Omacron
08-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Hrm. Female demon? Could it possibly be Lilith? I'm not sure if her appearance as "uber andariel" is canon or not.

Vil'rexin
08-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Hrm. Female demon? Could it possibly be Lilith? I'm not sure if her appearance as "uber andariel" is canon or not. It was a Battle.net only event so I assume it was merely for game play purposes.

Also, where are you seeing the female features on this demon or are you just making a prediction?

HalfElfDragon
08-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Also, where are you seeing the female features on this demon or are you just making a prediction?

Yeah, I'm not seeing female in that either.

Omacron
08-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Most demons, hell, most things drawn by Blizz artists are pretty beefy. The fact that demon is somewhat slim is already a feminine feature. Take a look at its slim waist and wide hips, though, and I think there's a hint of a bust line there.

Leviathon
08-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Most demons, hell, most things drawn by Blizz artists are pretty beefy. The fact that demon is somewhat slim is already a feminine feature. Take a look at its slim waist and wide hips, though, and I think there's a hint of a bust line there.

It has 4 arms and makes me think of Mephisto and he was pretty thin.

Omacron
08-16-2011, 07:00 PM
It has 4 arms and makes me think of Mephisto and he was pretty thin.

Those aren't tentacles though. I mean, it's the hips first, but also look at the texture of that demon. The hard, carrapace like thing almost forms a collar with a bustline and then there's a smoother texture around the neck and collarbone, like skin.

Vil'rexin
08-16-2011, 07:12 PM
I want to say that is Azmodan, the Lord of Sin. I recall seeing a demon similar on a youtube video. Let me see if I can find it or perhaps an image.

Omacron
08-16-2011, 07:16 PM
You know, you're right.
http://images.wikia.com/diablo/images/1/13/Azmodan_in_development..jpeg

I didn't associate his unfinished model with the red colorscheme.

Still, you've gotta say his model is pretty effeminate.

Leviathon
08-16-2011, 07:17 PM
I want to say that is Azmodan, the Lord of Sin. I recall seeing a demon similar on a youtube video. Let me see if I can find it or perhaps an image.

http://www.diablowiki.net/Azmodan

There's a speculated image there but nothing else. Course maybe they just never updated it. Guess it makes sense that the Lesser Evils would be the main bad guys.

engal
08-16-2011, 07:24 PM
http://www.diablowiki.net/Azmodan

There's a speculated image there but nothing else. Course maybe they just never updated it. Guess it makes sense that the Lesser Evils would be the main bad guys.

The creatures ( bullmen or whatever) rising from the chasm were creatures of Belial or Azmodan? don't remember, if it's one of those, that'll explain why they are leaving the pit ^^

Vil'rexin
08-16-2011, 08:04 PM
You know, you're right.

I didn't associate his unfinished model with the red colorscheme.

Still, you've gotta say his model is pretty effeminate. I certainly see it in that model there. I'm assuming he might not be a melee heavy boss like the Prime Evils then.

Guess it makes sense that the Lesser Evils would be the main bad guys. Azmodan and Belial, yes. I always thought for the initial D3 game that the Prime Evils will be "incapacitated" while Azmodan and Belial will be near end-game bosses. As to my prediction of who the final boss of initial D3 will be, I'm going with having to fight Imperius in the High Heavens. Tyrael is probably imprisoned by him and we will have to free him to help us with the Prime Evils down the road.

The creatures ( bullmen or whatever) rising from the chasm were creatures of Belial or Azmodan? don't remember, if it's one of those, that'll explain why they are leaving the pit ^^ Every demon follows a Lesser or Prime Evil if I recall correctly.

Leviathon
08-16-2011, 08:15 PM
http://www.diablowiki.net/Goatman

Is what's comin out. They served Baal originally it seems.

engal
08-16-2011, 10:46 PM
As to my prediction of who the final boss of initial D3 will be, I'm going with having to fight Imperius in the High Heavens.
Every demon follows a Lesser or Prime Evil if I recall correctly.

Mmm It's been said that
the game will run " till diablo in the end" by a dev ( it's been written by medievaldragon on blizzplanet somewhere )

Since it's also been said that we won't see Ureh or the Heaven in the original game, Imperius and the high heaven would be featured in the next expansion.

Guess we will have :

> The hell invasion to counter and to crush at it's source ( DIII )
> The Angiris Council decision against sanctuary ( DIII x1 )
> The return of Lilith and the battle for Sanctuary ( DIII x2 )

( since apparently there would be two expansion )

-----------

About the demon on the pic, I guess it's diablo. This demon is featured everywhere, can't see it not being diablo if it's some low demon that no lorekeeper of Diablo know.

So my take : It's tyrael possessed by the three prime Evil.

> He destroyed the world stone. Maybe he gets "' infected " with shards that allowed the spirit of the Three Prime evil to corrupt his soul (after all, to possess someone, the Prime had to make people crush the soulstone into them to possess them , and we don't know exactly what Baal did with the worldstone, he could very well have infused it with the spirit of his two brothers ) , which would have taken time and explain why he would have been expulsed from the heaven long after those events, and the plan might have been this since the beginning, to take over and angel soul to invade the paradise after.

Vexander
08-30-2011, 06:59 PM
My guess is that Diablo will return via a quest that was removed from the original Diablo game, the Map of Stars quest. In short, a greater celestial event of the stars aligning gave Diablo untold power and made him nearly invincible. It was only removed because if the player failed the time-sensitive quest, it -literally- changed the game into something very different due to how hard monsters became.

The way I think it'll go down is that Diablo and his brothers orchestrated this entire event to corrupt the Worldstone (which would have weakened them unless they were contained within Soulstones) so that it would be destroyed. Although they would be destroyed with their soulstones, when the greater celestial event occured, Diablo would be reborn, merged with his brothers (hence the two maws on the new Diablo's shoulders).

The Three Prime Evils become one, greater than any force in Hell or even the Angiris Council combined, a threat that only the infinite powers of the Nephalem could combat.

engal
08-30-2011, 08:06 PM
My guess is that Diablo will return via a quest that was removed from the original Diablo game, the Map of Stars quest. In short, a greater celestial event of the stars aligning gave Diablo untold power and made him nearly invincible. It was only removed because if the player failed the time-sensitive quest, it -literally- changed the game into something very different due to how hard monsters became.

The way I think it'll go down is that Diablo and his brothers orchestrated this entire event to corrupt the Worldstone (which would have weakened them unless they were contained within Soulstones) so that it would be destroyed. Although they would be destroyed with their soulstones, when the greater celestial event occured, Diablo would be reborn, merged with his brothers (hence the two maws on the new Diablo's shoulders).

The Three Prime Evils become one, greater than any force in Hell or even the Angiris Council combined, a threat that only the infinite powers of the Nephalem could combat.

Mmm now that would be VERY interesting. It could go along the meteorite ( well, tyreal) falling and such.. mmm

Vexander
08-31-2011, 05:16 AM
Mmm now that would be VERY interesting. It could go along the meteorite ( well, tyreal) falling and such.. mmm

Well, as far as Tyrael goes, that new comic coming out is all about how some boy is chosen by his sword. My honest guess just using that basic information is that Tyrael has been imprisoned in Heaven by the Angiris Council for consistently disobeyed the Council's decision, and then destroying the Worldstone without first consulting them.

As for what this could mean for Sanctuary, well, if a repeat vote regarding humanity was held, without Tyrael to vote in favor of humanity, its likely Imperius will get his heart's desire to destroy the world and all humans.

engal
08-31-2011, 05:41 AM
Well, as far as Tyrael goes, that new comic coming out is all about how some boy is chosen by his sword. My honest guess just using that basic information is that Tyrael has been imprisoned in Heaven by the Angiris Council for consistently disobeyed the Council's decision, and then destroying the Worldstone without first consulting them.

As for what this could mean for Sanctuary, well, if a repeat vote regarding humanity was held, without Tyrael to vote in favor of humanity, its likely Imperius will get his heart's desire to destroy the world and all humans.

Yep, that's why I think we will get first " Sanctuary's invasion", repelling whoever is behind it ( probably diablo or such ) and maybe going in hell

and the two expansions to come , fighting and going into Hell and Heaven to defend sanctuary.

We will probably be able to see Inarius , Lilith and the Angiris council, or I hope so.

Vexander
08-31-2011, 05:45 AM
Yep, that's why I think we will get first " Sanctuary's invasion", repelling whoever is behind it ( probably diablo or such ) and maybe going in hell

and the two expansions to come , fighting and going into Hell and Heaven to defend sanctuary.

We will probably be able to see Inarius , Lilith and the Angiris council, or I hope so.

We'll probably deal with Hell first, then heaven. As far as Tristram's Cathedral goes, I suspect that may be more of Heaven's handiwork than Hell's. Even Angels have been known to make use of the risen dead, as Tyrael did himself during the Sin War.

spidey1980
09-08-2011, 04:50 AM
http://www.diablowiki.net/Goatman

Is what's comin out. They served Baal originally it seems.
That had already been stated in the Diablo 1 manual.