PDA

View Full Version : Burning Crusade - Caverns of Time Preview

Warlock
08-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Finally a new BC update (that doesn't consist of BE "Bubble-Hearth" Knights). <A HREF="http://www.wow-europe.com/">WoW Europe</a> once again beats the pants off the US site by posting their <A HREF="http://www.wow-europe.com/en/burningcrusade/townhall/cavernsoftime.html">Caverns of Time page</a> first (you would think Blizzard was a European company with how fast the Europe site updates compared to the US one). There are a few nifty new screenshots here and some new info, so check it out. Thanks to Creative for spotting this.

Update: Well the US site wasn't too far behind this time. <A HREF="http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/cavernsoftime.html">Here's the US link</a>.

Creative
08-10-2006, 11:58 AM
Medivh uses a normal human model!

TEH APOKALIPZ!!

Well, for a character so awesome and important as Medivh, he DESERVES a unique model!

And who wants to bet against that Old Gods is screwing the Caverns of Time?

Vicious
08-10-2006, 02:02 PM
And who wants to bet against that Old Gods is screwing the Caverns of Time?

Now *that* would be a surprise....

Warlock
08-10-2006, 02:36 PM
I want it to be the Murlocs.. just to be different :D

Kenzuki
08-11-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm tired of hearing about the Old Gods, I want to see more done by Sargeras the Demonlord of the Burning Legion! He's the true grand evil of Warcraft.

Sargeras>Old Gods

Creative
08-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Agreed.

Sargeras owns Old Gods. Old Gods is just a stand in until Sargeras.

Kenzuki
08-11-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm confident that were Sargeras able to set foot on Azeroth in all of his unholy glory, there is nothing that could stand against his god-like might.

Yuber8900
08-11-2006, 04:35 PM
.....what?

Kerrah
08-11-2006, 05:14 PM
My quess is that his mere presence on the Physical Plane would do the same thing to Azeroth, what already happened to Draenor.

Timolas
08-12-2006, 03:12 PM
My quess is that his mere presence on the Physical Plane would do the same thing to Azeroth, what already happened to Draenor.
Make everything red? Or that small thing about floating dimensional trauma...
Well, Sargeras gotta return. He needs some spotlight. Enough about Old Gods, they aint the arch villains! They're slimy fewls!

Kerrah
08-12-2006, 04:04 PM
Make everything red? Or that small thing about floating dimensional trauma...
I meant it would make Azeroth "go boom" as Draenor did.

Timolas
08-12-2006, 04:23 PM
I meant it would make Azeroth "go boom" as Draenor did.

The trauma bit then.

DreamingGod
08-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Medivh looks like Arugal.... :glare:

Kerrah
08-13-2006, 06:25 PM
Arugal = one of the best bosses ever.

Kenzuki
08-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Actually, Arugal was an incompetant dolt if you believe what Dalar Dawnweaver says. He was only able to cast such magic via the use of magic items, and was paltry sorcerer in his own right. Thus he was a very lame boss.

What I ment was that if Sargeras were to set foot on Azeroth he could literally destroy entire armies himself, not counting the forces of demons he'd have with him.

Vicious
08-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Are you kiding Ken, Arugal is one of the best (if no *the* best) mid-level bosses in the game.

I mean, the guy turns players into Worgen, how cool is that.

Kenzuki
08-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Are you kiding Ken, Arugal is one of the best (if no *the* best) mid-level bosses in the game.

I mean, the guy turns players into Worgen, how cool is that.

Nope, it's all in his questline. While he has some very cool lore attached to him, he was basically a fraud in Dalaran.

Vicious
08-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Nope, it's all in his questline. While he has some very cool lore attached to him, he was basically a fraud in Dalaran.

Fraud in Dalaran but a lord in Silverpine forest, he managed to control and bend the Worgens to his will, crappy mage or not and found a way to turn any human to a Worgen, he managed to do something of admirance.

Anyway, i was talking about his encounter in-game, not his background story.

Kenzuki
08-13-2006, 08:57 PM
Fraud in Dalaran but a lord in Silverpine forest, he managed to control and bend the Worgens to his will, crappy mage or not and found a way to turn any human to a Worgen, he managed to do something of admirance.

Anyway, i was talking about his encounter in-game, not his background story.

Yeah the Arugal fight is pretty fun.

Kerrah
08-14-2006, 02:03 PM
...unless you have a lvl +40 player to tank him, making all his spells go Resist.

...which seems to be the only way Alliance can do him as far as i've seen.

Timolas
08-14-2006, 03:16 PM
...unless you have a lvl +40 player to tank him, making all his spells go Resist.

...which seems to be the only way Alliance can do him as far as i've seen.

... why? :P

Anyway, Dalar Dawnweaver was very likely Arugal's rival in life, especially since he so openly makes it clear he hated him.
So obviously he said Arugal was useless, because he hated him.
I'm saying this because Arugal seemed to have achieved quite a lot; as Vicious said, no mere mage could do all that Worgen manipulation. Also, Arugal had demons in his service too; those voidwalkers he lets loose at one point in the progression towards him.
Remember that Night Elf priestess who got the Scythe; she was losing control eventually. Arugal ended up as their daddy and sure as hell didn't lose control.

Dalar undermined Arugal verbally and sent Forsaken players to do his own dirty work of vengeance, and though Arugal may not have been as much as he is currently in Dalaran; his crappiness is exaggerated. Just look at him now...

Kenzuki
08-14-2006, 07:47 PM
... why? :P

Anyway, Dalar Dawnweaver was very likely Arugal's rival in life, especially since he so openly makes it clear he hated him.
So obviously he said Arugal was useless, because he hated him.
I'm saying this because Arugal seemed to have achieved quite a lot; as Vicious said, no mere mage could do all that Worgen manipulation. Also, Arugal had demons in his service too; those voidwalkers he lets loose at one point in the progression towards him.
Remember that Night Elf priestess who got the Scythe; she was losing control eventually. Arugal ended up as their daddy and sure as hell didn't lose control.

Dalar undermined Arugal verbally and sent Forsaken players to do his own dirty work of vengeance, and though Arugal may not have been as much as he is currently in Dalaran; his crappiness is exaggerated. Just look at him now...

You may be right, though it still could be the truth.

Kerrah
08-15-2006, 04:45 AM
Arugal ended up as their daddy and sure as hell didn't lose control.
Expect when everybody he cared about got killed at the keep.

And to answer you question "..why?", Alliance just cant do SFK without a high-level to boost them.

Timolas
08-15-2006, 06:54 AM

And to answer you question "..why?", Alliance just cant do SFK without a high-level to boost them.

Thats pretty one sided. :P After all Horde whines at being at a disatvantage in PvE.

Anyway, yeah Kenzuki Dalar could have been right, but I believe otherwise. ;)

EDIT: Kerrah, Arugal has control over them; they ravaged one small castle under an old man's leadership; wouldn't say that is such a failure.
If he didn't control them they'd eat him.

Vicious
08-15-2006, 10:57 AM

Riiiiiight.

Kenzuki
08-15-2006, 11:20 AM

Funny, I just destroyed Shadowfang Keep last night with my level 26 mage and the others were in their 20's and one was in her early 30's. I suppose it would have been easier if we had overpowered shaman in the group, but meh we did alright.

Kerrah
08-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Kerrah, Arugal has control over them; they ravaged one small castle under an old man's leadership; wouldn't say that is such a failure.
If he didn't control them they'd eat him.
The feral wolf-men slaughtered not only the Scourge, but quickly turned on the wizards themselves. The worgen sieged the keep of the noble, Baron Silverlaine. Situated above the tiny hamlet of Pyrewood, the keep quickly fell into shadow and ruin. Driven mad with guilt, Arugal adopted the worgen as his children and retreated to the newly dubbed 'Shadowfang Keep'.
That gives the picture of him not wanting to kill his friends...

Kenzuki
08-15-2006, 11:33 AM
Yeah, let's all pity Arugal now, shall we? He's like every other villian that is in the series, everyone wants to take his side and pity him.

Kerrah
08-15-2006, 11:46 AM
Yeah, let's all pity Arugal now, shall we? He's like every other villian that is in the series, everyone wants to take his side and pity him.
That still doesn't change the fact that he wasn't in control of the Worgen when they killed everybody in "the keep".

I won Kenzuki!

Timolas
08-15-2006, 11:50 AM
That still doesn't change the fact that he wasn't in control of the Worgen when they killed everybody in "the keep".

I won Kenzuki!

Arugal doesn't need pity. :P
Fine, he lost control for awhile, but if they were really out of his power they would kill him.

Arugal owns them, he dubbed them his 'children', he lives with them. The other wizards got killed; so why didn't he? Think he managed to straighten things when they failed... even if it was too late for the old men of the keep.

Kerrah
08-15-2006, 11:57 AM
I always got the idea that they are bound to him, if they would kill him they would disappear.

Timolas
08-15-2006, 11:59 AM
I thought of it more like they're bound to the Scythe; or nothing at all. Why would they be bound to him? Sure he summoned them, but warlocks summon demons that can get loose and kill their summoner.

Vicious
08-15-2006, 01:57 PM

What´s your point?

He controls them and he now rules Shadowfang keep, period.

Yuber8900
08-15-2006, 02:50 PM
Maybe they see him as their father? Or maybe there's something else going on, like they're just using him to bring more and more in until there's enough where they can do it themselves.

Timolas
08-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Maybe they see him as their father? Or maybe there's something else going on, like they're just using him to bring more and more in until there's enough where they can do it themselves.

Don't think they really 'need' Arugal. They didn't seem to need Velinde to bring more of themselves into the world. The Scythe appeared to be acting on its own; and it wasn't someone else summoning Worgen that increased the apparent number of Worgen in Felwood. Obviously someone summoning Worgen in the Eastern Kingdom wouldn't have his summoned Worgen appear in Felwood to account for the growing numbers there; so it had to the Scythe acting on its own.

So I don't think they 'need' Arugal.

Kerrah
08-15-2006, 10:05 PM
What´s your point?

He controls them and he now rules Shadowfang keep, period.
The point is that we dont know why they didnt kill Arugal if they could disobay his orders enough to kill the people at the keep.

Yuber8900
08-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Don't think they really 'need' Arugal. They didn't seem to need Velinde to bring more of themselves into the world. The Scythe appeared to be acting on its own; and it wasn't someone else summoning Worgen that increased the apparent number of Worgen in Felwood. Obviously someone summoning Worgen in the Eastern Kingdom wouldn't have his summoned Worgen appear in Felwood to account for the growing numbers there; so it had to the Scythe acting on its own.

So I don't think they 'need' Arugal.

They might not have the numbers to do this yet, the Priestess sumoned in whole scores of them which is around 20 or so per score.

Timolas
08-16-2006, 06:23 AM
The point is that we dont know why they didnt kill Arugal if they could disobay his orders enough to kill the people at the keep.

Obviously he took control again. :P