PDA

View Full Version : WoW 1.12 Patch Released

Warlock
08-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Patch 1.12 for World of WarCraft has finally been released. You can read the patch notes <A HREF="http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/patchnotes.html">right here</a>. Among other things, this patch adds cross-server battlegrounds and the Rogue talent review (yay).

DreamingGod
08-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Awsome, i'll be playing my rogue more! and more BGS a night! :D

Warlock
08-23-2006, 11:45 AM
I should have posted this yesterday but I forgot :P But I figure you have to be a hermit to not really know about it yet (I mean, if you play WoW and visit this site that is :P)

Timolas
08-23-2006, 12:07 PM
I should have posted this yesterday but I forgot :P But I figure you have to be a hermit to not really know about it yet (I mean, if you play WoW and visit this site that is :P)

Well, I didn't know it was released. No surprise there for any of you I guess. :P Can't see myself playing till BC, considering I couldn't care less for a tower with a flag on top.

Well, what are cross-realm BGs like then?

Vicious
08-23-2006, 12:36 PM
Time to check out my rogue.

Yuber8900
08-23-2006, 04:12 PM
I bet Alliance are still stupid, anyways BATTLEGROUP 3 will learn to fear my name!

Timolas
08-24-2006, 09:39 AM
I bet Alliance are still stupid

Probably why we will still lose with Shamans on our side in BC, because they will have Paladins anyway. Our lack of anything at all will get us killed anyway.

Warlock
08-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Probably why we will still lose with Shamans on our side in BC, because they will have Paladins anyway. Our lack of anything at all will get us killed anyway.

Paladins are just more annoying than deadly - at least in AV. "Oh noes! Someone's coming to attack me!" < bubble-hearth >

Timolas
08-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Paladins are just more annoying than deadly - at least in AV. "Oh noes! Someone's coming to attack me!" < bubble-hearth >

Great!

Yuber8900
08-24-2006, 04:57 PM

*cries*

Yes I've done it a few times in order to save my skin from stupid unwinnable battles such as 30 on 5 guarding SH GY.

Timolas
08-25-2006, 11:00 AM
*cries*

Yes I've done it a few times in order to save my skin from stupid unwinnable battles such as 30 on 5 guarding SH GY.

Heh, lucky pimp.

I only managed to save myself from certain death once.
Level 52, attacked Taurajo. Saw a 60 orc shaman coming to answer the newb cries for help, so I Shadowmelded. I watched this huge tauren mother walk around, play with some smelting skills, and ride off. I killed the guy who probably reported me, mounted up and left.
Scarriest moment of my playing time, hide and seek with horrible possible outcome...
Only time EVER that Shadowmeld worked. Think they've nerfed it since that time.

Warlock
08-25-2006, 11:18 AM
*cries*

What I'm talking about is stuff like this (I mainly did AV on my Orc Warrior):

Fighting upside the hill at Snowfall GY. I target a Paladin and use charge. Paladin bubbles, then uses Stormpike thingy to hearth to base. This in the midst of like 30 other players.

-_-

I mean if you are outnumbered that is one thing. I do that too on my Rogue (Vanish + get away + hearth). But in a fair fight, it's kind of rediculous :P

Timolas
08-25-2006, 12:28 PM
1.12 killed my server, everyone is complaining about immense lag.
I've always lagged like hell, which is one of the main reasons I stopped playing, but everyone else complaining about lag?
Must be the depths of infernal hell.

Investigated and I was right, DCed about 10 times first 10 minutes, then couldn't enter the world with my char and gave up.

Yuber8900
08-25-2006, 11:35 PM
What I'm talking about is stuff like this (I mainly did AV on my Orc Warrior):

Fighting upside the hill at Snowfall GY. I target a Paladin and use charge. Paladin bubbles, then uses Stormpike thingy to hearth to base. This in the midst of like 30 other players.

-_-

I mean if you are outnumbered that is one thing. I do that too on my Rogue (Vanish + get away + hearth). But in a fair fight, it's kind of rediculous :P

Gwahahaha, it used to be more useful when you could cast it indoors. Having someone escape like that is just so funny, and sometimes they would even chase the player down way back in the first AV.

Kerrah
08-26-2006, 12:30 PM
The simply best thing to do in AV is to mega-aoe, period. Nothing beats seeing like 50 damage indicators on your screen at the same time.

Yuber8900
08-26-2006, 03:06 PM
The simply best thing to do in AV is to mega-aoe, period. Nothing beats seeing like 50 damage indicators on your screen at the same time.

When the only aoe you can do is the worst one in the game, you tend to avoid using it.

Kerrah
08-26-2006, 03:21 PM
When the only aoe you can do is the worst one in the game, you tend to avoid using it.
Ride to enemy, unmount, PoM+Fireblast, Frostnova, Blastwave, AE, AE, AE....

Thats a pretty good strategy.

Timolas
08-26-2006, 05:50 PM

I'm quite sure a Hunter's Volley AoE is the worst in the game. It's just totally useless that it doesn't even kill crappy Elwynn mobs.

Yuber8900
08-27-2006, 12:00 PM
Ride to enemy, unmount, PoM+Fireblast, Frostnova, Blastwave, AE, AE, AE....

Thats a pretty good strategy.

I'm talking about the Paladins aoe.

I'm quite sure a Hunter's Volley AoE is the worst in the game. It's just totally useless that it doesn't even kill crappy Elwynn mobs.

Consecration (Rank 5)
565 Mana
Instant cast 8 sec cooldown
Consecrates the land beneath Paladin, doing 384 Holy damage over 8 sec to enemies who enter the area.

VS

Volley (Rank 3)
490 Mana 8-35 yd range
Channeled 1 min cooldown
Requires Ranged Weapon
Continuously fires a volley of ammo at the target area, causing 80 Arcane damage to enemy targets within 8 yards every second for 6 sec.

Volley does more damage, for less mana, at range.

Consecration has a lower cooldown, and is instant.

Kerrah
08-27-2006, 12:32 PM
I'm talking about the Paladins aoe.
Well, i was talking about classes that can AoE.

Yuber8900
08-27-2006, 12:42 PM
Well, i was talking about classes that can AoE.

http://thottbot.com/?sp=20924

hmmmm

Kerrah
08-27-2006, 12:45 PM
http://thottbot.com/?sp=20924

hmmmm
Thats not AoE, thats a yellow fart that interrupts casting.

Yuber8900
08-27-2006, 12:53 PM
Thats not AoE, thats a yellow fart that interrupts casting.

Interrupt? What is this? Paladin has no multple hit interrupt.

Kerrah
08-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Interrupt? What is this? Paladin has no multple hit interrupt.
Interrupt, Slow, whatever. The Thing that makes your Casting Bar go backwards.

Yuber8900
08-27-2006, 01:01 PM
Interrupt, Slow, whatever. The Thing that makes your Casting Bar go backwards.

Hitting them? The same move ever class has?

Kerrah
08-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Hitting them? The same move ever class has?
Yes, but all damage spells do it too.

Yuber8900
08-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Yes, but all damage spells do it too.

Of which the Paladin has 0 of, unless you count Holy Shock a 31 point talent, or Judgeing Righteousness or Command which is a ten second cooldown for less then 200 damage.

Kerrah
08-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Of which the Paladin has 0 of, unless you count Holy Shock a 31 point talent, or Judgeing Righteousness or Command which is a ten second cooldown for less then 200 damage.
And your precious AoE spell! It does that thing too!

(What was its name? It wasnt Interrupt but something else.)

Yuber8900
08-27-2006, 01:14 PM
And your precious AoE spell! It does that thing too!

(What was its name? It wasnt Interrupt but something else.)

Pester you like an itch?