PDA

View Full Version : BC Talents and Spells Update

Warlock
08-31-2006, 12:04 PM
Apparently Blizzard has updated the <A HREF="http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/talents-and-spells.html">Burning Crusade Talents and Spells page</a> with "up-to-date" information (not with the last few classes though). I honestly have no idea what changed but go check it out for yourself.

ScytheRexx
08-31-2006, 07:11 PM
Apparently Blizzard has updated the <A HREF="http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/talents-and-spells.html">Burning Crusade Talents and Spells page</a> with "up-to-date" information (not with the last few classes though). I honestly have no idea what changed but go check it out for yourself.

I have not seen all the changes but the most noticable for me was the huge threat nerf for mages.

Kenzuki
08-31-2006, 08:36 PM
I just noticed that Consecration has become a core paladin ability. I think Aimed Shot should become a core hunter ability, because it is a MUST HAVE skill, as much to hunters as Innervate and Evocation were to Druids and Mages.

Warlock
08-31-2006, 08:40 PM
I just noticed that Consecration has become a core paladin ability. I think Aimed Shot should become a core hunter ability, because it is a MUST HAVE skill, as much to hunters as Innervate and Evocation were to Druids and Mages.

I wish Blade Flurry would become a core Rogue skill :( Only thing we have that is even close to an AoE attack (because it's like a cleave sort of)

Or Cold Blood, but I can definately see why that one isn't :)

ScytheRexx
09-01-2006, 06:27 AM
Every class will always find that one skill that they are going to consider the "must have" like ICS for Mages and Tactical Mastery for Warriors, and I have never even gotten the skills on any of my classes and still rocked the socks on other players.

While I would love Aimed Shot and Scattershot to be normal abilities, I don't think we NEED them to be turned to normal abilities, my main is a hunter and I did fine in raiding and PVP without them.

Kenzuki
09-01-2006, 07:48 AM
I know, I'm just saying it's unfair that mages and druids got their must have ability, while we hunters don't. Aimed Shot is one of our most important abilities I might add.

ScytheRexx
09-01-2006, 08:06 AM
I know, I'm just saying it's unfair that mages and druids got their must have ability, while we hunters don't. Aimed Shot is one of our most important abilities I might add.

Aimed Shot is good, but I would not call it one of our most important abilities.

Timolas
09-01-2006, 08:27 AM
It does a hell of a lot of damage. At least it doesn't need too many talent points; when I was a Survival hunter I could have enough points left over for Aimed Shot, so at least you can have it even if Marksmanship isn't your main talent tree.

Would be nice as a core skill though; the IPCTDNHAA will look into this treacherous matter and right the wrongs.

Rebirth
09-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Tactical Mastery for Warriors

*grumbles* and now they've moved it over to protection!

no matter what you say, that's a build breaking move. there is no defense for this.

Vicious
09-01-2006, 11:09 AM

Only restoration druids went to raids because of innervate, Hunters can go anywhere without aimed shot.

Kenzuki
09-01-2006, 08:05 PM
My guild would cuss me out if I didn't have Aimed Shot. Because they want us to do Aimed Shoot-auto shoot-Multi-shot-Aimed Shot-repeat. Without it we don't do enough damage, and we don't get to go on raids. They would laugh at a Beastmaster hunter....

Yuber8900
09-01-2006, 10:30 PM
I just noticed that Consecration has become a core paladin ability. I

The previous preview just forgot to mention it.

And as for Aimed Shot, uhhhh yeah whatever.

Tularis
09-02-2006, 04:10 AM
Being part of a heavy raiding guild, I can confirm that if a hunter doesn't have aimed shot it is very unlikely for them to get in, and my guild aren't nazis or anything (we even take more hunters then most end game guilds do.) We generally allow players to spec how they want, but hunters have basically 2 things going for them - damage, and tranq shot. Other abilities such as ice trap and so forth come into play from time to time, but very rarely. Without Aim shot, a hunter is going to be lacking alot of the dps that other hunters have, thus standing out from the pack in a bad way.

Its unfortunate, but its how it is.

Kerrah
09-03-2006, 11:02 AM
I have not seen all the changes but the most noticable for me was the huge threat nerf for mages.
Explain please.