PDA

View Full Version : BC Story Page + New Wallpaper

Warlock
09-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Blizzard has put up a <A HREF="http://worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/story.html">Burning Crusade Story page</a> which covers the events leading up to the expansion. They've also added a <A HREF="http://worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/wallpapers.html">new wallpaper of Tempest Keep</a> which looks pretty slick.

Warlock
09-07-2006, 12:25 PM
With the future in peril, a relic of the past has also surfaced, radiating renewed energy. This relic has enabled Lord Kazzak to activate the current Dark Portal, thereby reopening the gateway to the Shattered Realm of Outland

;)

Incidentally Kazzak has a new model in Burning Crusade - it's basically the same but he's wearing new armor. I hope he moves to Outland and we can fight him there :D If Blizzard is worried about players "not getting the chance to face the old Kazzak" they could do something like having one of Kazzak's generals (or something) stay behind in the Scar and give him the same attacks/loot table.

Timolas
09-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Woah that is all pretty cool!
Bwahahah Lord Kazzak re-opened the Dark Portal.

The Burning Legion reigns supreme!
What is best of all is they didn't classify the characters like Nefarian as dead - so it kind of buffs Kenzuki's revelation that plot characters won't be killed in WoW. They are able to be farmed, but lore status they survive. Excellent.

Thanks Warlock you made my day.
Anyone got the new Kazzack screenie?

Kenzuki
09-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Yeah, this is sort of interesting. At least up to the part where they rehashed the draenei/blood elf history that is.

Warlock
09-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Yeah, this is sort of interesting. At least up to the part where they rehashed the draenei/blood elf history that is.

Yeah that Kazzak bit was the only new/interesting part I could see.

Incidentally, notice it says "a relic of the past has also surfaced, radiating renewed energy." Now if this was the Book of Medivh, it wouldn't really be radiating energy at all - it's just a book of spells. Could this be refering to Atiesh, Medivh's Staff (which as a quest you restore)?

Tysar
09-07-2006, 12:51 PM

QFT, although they could have made it a little more detialed... Hopefully they'll rewrite and expand the warcraft history page and give us some more info about everything that's going on recently. As for the survival of Nefarian etc., maybe they'll get their real death in side quests in Wc4 (like Arthas killing Searinox) :D?

and that Tempest Keep painting is brilliant... when is Peter Lee getting an artpage?

edit: doesn't Kazzak also have a new face? Or is that just for the standard Doomguards?

Timolas
09-07-2006, 01:00 PM

Yeah I didn't reread the draenei/blood elf bit all over again. :p

Cantus
09-07-2006, 02:58 PM
Here's a thought, with he new storyline of Nozdormu sensing temporal distortions, who's to say that the Dragon Soul wasn't lost to time, instead of destroyed.

Bradford
09-07-2006, 06:10 PM
Yeah that Kazzak bit was the only new/interesting part I could see.

Incidentally, notice it says "a relic of the past has also surfaced, radiating renewed energy." Now if this was the Book of Medivh, it wouldn't really be radiating energy at all - it's just a book of spells. Could this be refering to Atiesh, Medivh's Staff (which as a quest you restore)?

I wish I could check this site more often. It seems you already asked the question I was gonna ask, Warlock. Lets not forget that they have stated, in the past, that the heros from BtDP will reappear. I can only think they will have some part to play with this re-opening. As for the artifact, I cant think of anything in specific other than the book of Medivh that you have already stated. Perhaps we can make a list of possibilities. There can only be a few choices of items that would be strong enough to re-open this.

1. Skull of Gul'dan - consummed
2. Eye of Sergeras - Wasnt this destroyed?
3. Book of Medivh - obvioius choice, but I dont know if it would radiate power
4. Demon Soul - Does ANYONE really know what happened to this?
5. Eye of Dalaran - Im not sure of this items location
6. Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras - Wasnt this, along with the EoD destoryed when Nerzhul tried to Open the portals?

Any other suggestions. Some of these are not possibilities but would contain enough power to do the trick...

P.S. Warlock, I dont think Ateish would be strong enough.

KardenTheHunter
09-07-2006, 07:07 PM
I wish I could check this site more often. It seems you already asked the question I was gonna ask, Warlock. Lets not forget that they have stated, in the past, that the heros from BtDP will reappear. I can only think they will have some part to play with this re-opening. As for the artifact, I cant think of anything in specific other than the book of Medivh that you have already stated. Perhaps we can make a list of possibilities. There can only be a few choices of items that would be strong enough to re-open this.

1. Skull of Gul'dan - consummed
2. Eye of Sergeras - Wasnt this destroyed?
3. Book of Medivh - obvioius choice, but I dont know if it would radiate power
4. Demon Soul - Does ANYONE really know what happened to this?
5. Eye of Dalaran - Im not sure of this items location
6. Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras - Wasnt this, along with the EoD destoryed when Nerzhul tried to Open the portals?

Any other suggestions. Some of these are not possibilities but would contain enough power to do the trick...

P.S. Warlock, I dont think Ateish would be strong enough.

After reading the article and learning that Kazzak had opened the DP with a powerful artifact, I'd first thought that somehow he'd traveled to the past and gotten a powerful artifact like the Skull of Guldan. But now it seems like this anicent artifact, radiating renewed power was just an artifact that had seemingly just been lost or had lost its power. I'm not sure what this new artifact is but I'm sure it's somethin badass.

Vonhahn
09-07-2006, 07:33 PM
For anyone interested, this is Peter Lee's website. http://www.peterconcept.com/conceptart.html

He has lots of cool work, but theres not too many warcraft ones. There probably keeping lots of his exspantion work under wraps for now.

Kenzuki
09-07-2006, 08:06 PM
The Demon Soul was destroyed by Rhonin during Day of the Dragon.

Yuber8900
09-07-2006, 08:23 PM

I have a feeling that's about to get a retcon.

Anyways poor Kazzak misses me.

Bradford
09-07-2006, 08:24 PM

I didnt think it was destroyed. Im going to have to finish that book. Ever since I came across this site, almost 1 year ago, I have purhased all these books but havent read all of one of them.

Why have there been storys about it surviving?

EDIT:

WOOT IM A DEMONHUNTER NOW!!!

Yuber8900
09-07-2006, 08:27 PM
I didnt think it was destroyed. Im going to have to finish that book. Ever since I came across this site, almost 1 year ago, I have purhased all these books but havent read all of one of them.

Why have there been storys about it surviving?

EDIT:

WOOT IM A DEMONHUNTER NOW!!!

Rhonin used one of Deathwing's scales to cut the Soul in half like a hot knife through butter, then using a spell he focused the released energies back into their hosts.

Smeedle
09-08-2006, 04:02 AM
Two years have passed since the founding of Durotar...
What the...?
I know Blizzard is changing their timeline as often as other people change their underpants, but where the hell did this come from? This contradicts the timeline on the official website as well as the timelines in Lands of Conflict and in the WoW RPG main book (of course, all of these timelines contradict each other as well). That Durotar was only founded two years ago fits neither timeline that has been released thus far. The guy who wrote this probably meant "founding of Durotar" = "release of WoW" = "2 years ago", but that's really stupid. You know, it's really frustrating that Blizzard cares so less about retaining a consistent timeline. I'm just reading "Cycle of Hatred" and although DeCandido obviously tries to stick to the timeline that appears on the official website, he still messes up some dates. :rolleyes:

Timolas
09-08-2006, 04:12 AM
If you ask me Kazzak probably used an artifact Blizzard probably just invented; nothing to stop them creating something new, and nothing wrong with it either.
Or perhaps it is the Book of Medivh; but I'd expect that to be in other hands.

Creative
09-08-2006, 06:54 AM
What the...?
I know Blizzard is changing their timeline as often as other people change their underpants, but where the hell did this come from? This contradicts the timeline on the official website as well as the timelines in Lands of Conflict and in the WoW RPG main book (of course, all of these timelines contradict each other as well). That Durotar was only founded two years ago fits neither timeline that has been released thus far. The guy who wrote this probably meant "founding of Durotar" = "release of WoW" = "2 years ago", but that's really stupid. You know, it's really frustrating that Blizzard cares so less about retaining a consistent timeline. I'm just reading "Cycle of Hatred" and although DeCandido obviously tries to stick to the timeline that appears on the official website, he still messes up some dates. :rolleyes:

I belive they really ment "two years after now", but typed wrong :p

And woot! Kazzak returns!

Yuber8900
09-08-2006, 07:43 AM
What the...?

Well obviously some time has passed since the beginning of WOW and when BC starts fitting into the timeline...

Smeedle
09-08-2006, 12:07 PM
Well obviously some time has passed since the beginning of WOW and when BC starts fitting into the timeline...
Is that really so? The story summary makes it sound like all this storylines are still ongoing and not concluded when Burning Crusade starts. And as we all know time progression is not really possible in a static MMORPG like WoW. In 3 years we'll still be able to kill VanCleef. There is no real time progression. Sure, some quests build on others that must have happened before, but those are rather rare. Thank god, because it's really hard to figure out what's supposed to have happened and what not, and in which order - see the recent confusion about the Scarlet Crusade/Argent Dawn storyline. From a timeline standpoint WoW's story is totally messed up.

Kerrah
09-08-2006, 12:08 PM
I knew Kazzak was too badass of a character to just be wasted.

Dagren
09-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Is that really so? The story summary makes it sound like all this storylines are still ongoing and not concluded when Burning Crusade starts. And as we all know time progression is not really possible in a static MMORPG like WoW. In 3 years we'll still be able to kill VanCleef. There is no real time progression. Sure, some quests build on others that must have happened before, but those are rather rare. Thank god, because it's really hard to figure out what's supposed to have happened and what not, and in which order - see the recent confusion about the Scarlet Crusade/Argent Dawn storyline. From a timeline standpoint WoW's story is totally messed up.

These storylines are still ongoing because the new races will be able to kill Nefarian/C'Thun/Kel'Thuzad/ect, so blizz can't say they are dead before the beginning of the expansion.
IMO that part of the summary isn't clear at all.

As for the Argent dawn/SC confusion, I think that's this conversation at Light's Hope (where the SC commander speaks with the Argent Dawn dude) that was bothering everyone.
But that's just fine if the events happen in this order:
- Kel'Thuzad launch is *massive* invasion of the world
- Alliance & Horde fight and stand their ground
- They realize they will only have peace when Kel'Thuzad is dead, and thus Heroes begin to enter the eastern plaguelands.
- The conversation takes place now
- 5... *cough* ...5 heroes storm stratholme and kill Balnazzar in disguise & Rivendare.
- Naxxramas & Kel'Thuzad

Just my opinion. But it makes more sense that way.

Timolas
09-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Why do people think Balnazzar and Rivendare are dead?
They're just as alive as Nefarian, C'thun and Kel'thuzad.

Dagren
09-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Why do people think Balnazzar and Rivendare are dead?
They're just as alive as Nefarian, C'thun and Kel'thuzad.

Face it.

And Kel'Thuzad diablo-like end is cool.

Creative
09-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Face what?

Nothing has been confirmed, you THINK they are dead, we THINK they are alive.

Tysar
09-08-2006, 01:54 PM
they'll probably still be alive during the expansion, so will be everything and everyone else... I bet that in the official storyline (if there will ever be one -.-) all the events with us taking part in will be moved to the future or something, unless the guys actually will be dead. As to your list of events, wasn't Bal already dead when the conversation took place?

Timolas
09-08-2006, 02:08 PM
The Kazzak story confirmed all those characters alive; something Kenzuki already confirmed even before that from a reliable source.

Face it, they're alive.

EDIT: Above meant for Dagren.
- - -
Tysar, where does it say Bal is dead by that conversation anyway? Last we hear of Balnazzar plotwise is from Isillien, who says he will kill Taelen for the joy of it, not because 'the Grand Crusader' told him to. This means that for such an order to be given, Balnazzar is still alive at that point, which is when Tirion swears to reform the Silver Hand and whatever after slaughtering Isillien.

Tysar
09-08-2006, 02:13 PM
ok, I wasn't trying to reject the thought, I'm fine with them being alive :D

Timolas
09-08-2006, 02:14 PM
:D Post wasn't meant to try to correct you, I was trying to explain to Dagren.

Dagren
09-08-2006, 02:17 PM
they'll probably still be alive during the expansion, so will be everything and everyone else... I bet that in the official storyline (if there will ever be one -.-) all the events with us taking part in will be moved to the future or something, unless the guys actually will be dead. As to your list of events, wasn't Bal already dead when the conversation took place?

Nope, he wasn't. the Heroes never entered Stratholme before the conversation.

And Metzen through Xaran told us that plot important people won't die. Kel'Thuzad is defeated, not killed.

I'd rather like the bosses to stay alive, but seeing how they tricked Kel'Thuzad defeat so that he's not really dead, I think C'Thun and all the folk that wasn't in war3 will die in WoW.

Again, we are all free to think what we want.
Wait and see.

Edit: Perhaps they are not dead before BC, but will be when WoW+exp are over.

Timolas
09-08-2006, 02:25 PM
I feel I'd be better off trying to convince a wall, but I'll just say this.
Kazzak could be can be killed before BC.

Does that mean he is dead storywise? Nope, he opens the Dark Portal.
I'll leave it at that.

EDIT: To your edit which came after my post, got any proof? >_>

Dagren
09-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Edit: Perhaps they are not dead before BC, but will be when WoW+exp are over.

I don't know and I don't have any proof. That's just speculation.

Kazzak is a raid boss, he isn't linked to any story arc implying his death so that death doesn't count.

I'm sure that he is alive before BC.

Tysar
09-08-2006, 02:38 PM
I thought I saw the AD guy say something about Bal in the conversation (without using the name) so I assumed he must have been dead, but maybe I'm just talking crap, I don't own WoW myself and I saw the conversation a few months ago before the patch came out :D (hinted by the fact I wrote the original sentence in question form :P) Also, I am well aware of Kel'Thuzad not being killed.

Dagren
09-08-2006, 02:47 PM
I thought I saw the AD guy say something about Bal in the conversation (without using the name) so I assumed he must have been dead, but maybe I'm just talking crap, I don't own WoW myself and I saw the conversation a few months ago before the patch came out :D (hinted by the fact I wrote the original sentence in question form :P) Also, I am well aware of Kel'Thuzad not being killed.

I know we're all aware that Kel's not killed here, but that was a reminder :p

Actually, in the conversation, the guy says something like "even demons know fear" refering to the Scarlet Grand Crusader. But he might just refer to the Scarlet Crusader's madness.

Kerrah
09-09-2006, 04:51 AM
Why is the Eredar picture on page 4 titled "Archimonde"? He had Green Skin!

edit: Like me!

Kenzuki
09-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Remember guys, PLOT important characters will not officially die. So if they aren't important to the plot.....

Yuber8900
09-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Remember guys, PLOT important characters will not officially die. So if they aren't important to the plot.....

Priest dude in Light's Hope whom you turn the phaylantracy into gets a "insert sexual referance here" when you bring it to him.

Creative
09-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Do you mean he gets turned on by small crystal thingamojos?

Yuber8900
09-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Do you mean he gets turned on by small crystal thingamojos?

Like all good men of the cloth.

Timolas
09-12-2006, 05:51 AM

Well it is confirmed that Kael, Vashj and Illidan will not officially die, but that doesn't mean characters who aren't as important necessarily have to die.
I asked Xaran to expand on what you asked him and he said that basically Metzen confirmed that Kael, Vashj and Illidan won't be dead; and he doesn't know about the others. I believe WoW won't kill off characters like Nefarian, but we really don't know officially yet. Time will tell I guess.

Yuber8900
09-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Well it is confirmed that Kael, Vashj and Illidan will not officially die, but that doesn't mean characters who aren't as important necessarily have to die.
I asked Xaran to expand on what you asked him and he said that basically Metzen confirmed that Kael, Vashj and Illidan won't be dead; and he doesn't know about the others. I believe WoW won't kill off characters like Nefarian, but we really don't know officially yet. Time will tell I guess.

That doesn't explain others like Korgath which SUCKS!

Vicious
09-12-2006, 05:56 PM
QUIET YUBBER!!

Illidan´s trio shall live and that´s all that matters.

Yuber8900
09-12-2006, 06:00 PM
QUIET YUBER!!

Illidan´s trio shall live and that´s all that matters.

Korgath and the War2 heroes pwn any War3 hero.

Timolas
09-13-2006, 03:39 AM

Does Smiling Jim the Alterac Rebel Peasant kick Kil'jaeden's a@@ though?

Kerrah
09-13-2006, 06:25 AM
Quoted for truth.

Honestly, it sucks that Grom was made a greenskin for WC3.

Yuber8900
09-13-2006, 12:36 PM

Well he doen't have a Hero picture, damage, and unkillableness.

Timolas
09-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Well he doen't have a Hero picture, damage, and unkillableness.

Well, Zul'jin, Cho'gall, Lothar, Uther and other pre-expansion heroes had same stats as their unit counterparts! Bwahaha! (Now that I think of it Uther, Lothar, Gul'dan and Cho'gall are all dead because of that so never mind. Zul'jin is probably in prison)

Kenzuki
09-13-2006, 04:14 PM

Kil'jaeden is a Warcraft II character, duh.

Timolas
09-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Kil'jaeden is a Warcraft II character, duh.

A picture in the manual.

Kenzuki
09-13-2006, 04:49 PM
So was Ner'zhul and Doomhammer.

Timolas
09-13-2006, 05:27 PM
So was Ner'zhul and Doomhammer.

And Jim the orc! (random orc in one of the pictures)

Kerrah
09-14-2006, 05:25 AM
Least cool WC2 char: Tyralyon
Coolest WC3: Illidan

Tyralyon wins in coolness, therefore, all WC2 heroes are cooler than WC3 heroes.

Yuber8900
09-14-2006, 03:33 PM
We're all forgetting Throk/Throg/Trog/Trok or whatever his name was, the first Orc to go through the Rift between worlds! He's a pretty importent guy.

Creative
09-15-2006, 06:56 AM
We're all forgetting Throk/Throg/Trog/Trok or whatever his name was, the first Orc to go through the Rift between worlds! He's a pretty importent guy.

Hey, I remember him!

"Thok go through shiny hole. Then me fall down, but me good. Me find many good things to eat. We find village. We mash them and eath their food. Thok stop now. Head hurt from write."

By the looks of it, the one that wrote the Warcraft 1 lore wanted to make Orcs as smart as rocks ^^

Timolas
09-15-2006, 06:58 AM
Orcs as smart as rocks

Aint it the truth.

Kenzuki
09-15-2006, 07:33 AM
Least cool WC2 char: Tyralyon
Coolest WC3: Illidan

Tyralyon wins in coolness, therefore, all WC2 heroes are cooler than WC3 heroes.

Yeah, that Tyralyon was a noob. Now Turalyon was badass.

Drirlake
09-15-2006, 07:42 AM
"Thok go through shiny hole. Then me fall down, but me good. Me find many good things to eat. We find village. We mash them and eath their food. Thok stop now. Head hurt from write.

Orcs ARE idiots :D !!

Creative
09-15-2006, 08:26 AM
Gul'dan later said that the first orcs that walked through the Dark Portal returned insane, so I think poor Thok is one of those :(

Timolas
09-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Gul'dan later said that the first orcs that walked through the Dark Portal returned insane, so I think poor Thok is one of those :(

Garona said orcs were all stupid; just in other words, and she was using Thok as an example.

Creative
09-15-2006, 09:15 AM
But Metzen came along, punched him in the face and...

Well, what I really meant was that Metzen changed that, and now, Orcs are as clever as humans, only a little more primitive ^^

Timolas
09-15-2006, 10:59 AM
But Metzen came along, punched him in the face and...

Well, what I really meant was that Metzen changed that, and now, Orcs are as clever as humans, only a little more primitive ^^

Tell that to Thok.

Kerrah
09-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Tell that to Thok.
Tell that to the guy at SW who thinks he's blind.

Timolas
09-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Tell that to the guy at SW who thinks he's blind.

That guy is funny. :D He pretends he is blind so people give him alms.
Topher MacNab!

Yuber8900
09-15-2006, 10:31 PM
That guy is funny. :D He pretends he is blind so people give him alms.
Topher MacNab!

Stupid Alliance just had to build their towers behind my farm!

Kerrah
09-15-2006, 11:58 PM
He pretends he is blind so people give him alms.
I really get the picture from "What, how do you mean im not blind? I can see! ITS A MIRACLE!" that he's just too stupid or drunk to notice his own ability to see.

Timolas
09-16-2006, 05:34 AM
I really get the picture from "What, how do you mean im not blind? I can see! ITS A MIRACLE!" that he's just too stupid or drunk to notice his own ability to see.

Nah he's a scoundrel, you can't forget you can see. >_>
To add another quote on top of Mage's, we have:
"I'd gladly pay you for tomorrow for a burger today." (in other words he eats it and never comes back to pay)

Speaking of funny quotes, my favourites are from the Argent Dawn dude who works at the pit of bodies at Light's Hope.
"And the Tauren said 10 inches!" (use your imagination)
"The WHAT bringer? Oh the ASHbringer! (he thought you said the 'ass' bringer.)
Yeah he's a pervert who likes butsechs.