Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   Site News (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MoP Beta Has Begun + Gallery Updates (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=22839)

Warlock 03-22-2012 04:03 PM

MoP Beta Has Begun + Gallery Updates
 
The Mists of Pandaria beta has officially begun!

In support, I've actually updated our <A HREF="http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery/index.php?cat=22">MoP Gallery</A> (*gasp*) with all the screenshots and art from the press event earlier in the week.

I've also uploaded a few beta screenshots of my own. Not much here now since apparently the high level zones are not yet accessable. But I took some shots of a few of the new interface elements I noticed. I'll add more of the starting area later, and obviously even more in the future. Enjoy.

<b>Update:</b> There are now a handful of screenshots from the Pandaren starting area up. Be sure to check out some of the Pandaren emotes! (no /dance yet) /kiss and /sleep are absolutely priceless.

<b>Update #2:</b> Screenshots of the new Scholomance and Scarlet Monastery are up <A HREF="http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-12369">starting here</a>! Both dungeons are still rather buggy (more than once I got trapped behind closing doors, including once where I wasn't supposed to), but the changes seem pretty cool from what I could tell. Scarlet Monastery in particular does a good job of consolidating two dungeons into one, finally forcing people to actually go to the Graveyard when it's not Hallow's End :P

Mustrum 03-22-2012 04:16 PM

Where are my spoiler boxes? And my Icecrown forum theme?

SmokeBlader 03-22-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustrum (Post 455148)
Where are my spoiler boxes? And my Icecrown forum theme?

Infracted : Please talk about your frustrations in a separate thread.Thank you.

Mustrum 03-22-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeBlader (Post 455151)
Infracted : Please talk about your frustrations in a separate thread.Thank you.

Up yours, you bladder of smoke!

Warlock 03-22-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustrum (Post 455148)
Where are my spoiler boxes? And my Icecrown forum theme?

You have ~$200 for me to upgrade the forums? :P

HalfElfDragon 03-22-2012 04:56 PM

The Pandaren race icon looks to the right, just like the Alliance races.


ALLIANCE BIAS!

Warlock 03-22-2012 05:21 PM

Some starting zone screenshots added.

Also:
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery.../beta/0084.jpg

Nazja 03-22-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon (Post 455190)
The Pandaren race icon looks to the right, just like the Alliance races.


ALLIANCE BIAS!

The female Pandaren icon is a male with a bow.

MALE BIAS!

Mustrum 03-22-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 455280)
The female Pandaren icon is a male with a bow.

MALE BIAS!

Is your avatar a female Arthas in a bikini or a Lich Queen Jaina in a bikini?

And why is she in a bikini? I hear Icecrown is quite cold this time of year.

Nazja 03-22-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustrum (Post 455283)
Is your avatar a female Arthas in a bikini or a Lich Queen Jaina in a bikini?

And why is she in a bikini? I hear Icecrown is quite cold this time of year.

Jaina. I also have the same picture without the bikini if you'd prefer that one. It would at least alleviate the temperature issues for males.

Mustrum 03-22-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 455290)
Jaina. I also have the same picture without the bikini if you'd prefer that one. It would at least alleviate the temperature issues for males.

This...

:glare:

...this is something that I should probably take a look at. For science.

Nazja 03-22-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustrum (Post 455296)
This...

:glare:

...this is something that I should probably take a look at. For science.

Look in the fan-art thread.

Mutterscrawl 03-22-2012 07:13 PM

Tricky to navigate that gallery, any tips Warlock?

Warlock 03-22-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skytotem (Post 455327)
Tricky to navigate that gallery, any tips Warlock?

How so?

There are arrow buttons on each page if you're referring to having to go back and forth between the thumbnails and large pictures...

P.S. - I am uploading the last batch now which covers up to the end of the starting zone.

Also, it amazes me this hasn't been fixed since Blizzcon :D
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery.../beta/0272.jpg

Mutterscrawl 03-22-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock (Post 455416)
How so?

There are arrow buttons on each page if you're referring to having to go back and forth between the thumbnails and large pictures...

I'm clicking the pictures and getting sent to what appears to be a random picture in the middle of several hundred, I can't tell if each little subset with numbers ranging from 20-29 are all part of the same gallery and different 'sections' or separate galleries of hundreds of shots.

Warlock 03-22-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skytotem (Post 455447)
I'm clicking the pictures and getting sent to what appears to be a random picture in the middle of several hundred, I can't tell if each little subset with numbers ranging from 20-29 are all part of the same gallery and different 'sections' or separate galleries of hundreds of shots.

Go here specifically:
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery....php?album=111

Coppermine is kind of retarded and doesn't use specific links - everything is relative to sort order or something. But if you go specifically to the beta screenshot gallery it should only be those screenshots.

Leviathon 03-22-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock (Post 455416)
How so?

There are arrow buttons on each page if you're referring to having to go back and forth between the thumbnails and large pictures...

P.S. - I am uploading the last batch now which covers up to the end of the starting zone.

Also, it amazes me this hasn't been fixed since Blizzcon :D
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery.../beta/0272.jpg


Funny since they updated every other NPC. lol

Ashendant 03-22-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leviathon (Post 455521)
Funny since they updated every other NPC. lol

First Blizzard transexual NPC

Mutterscrawl 03-22-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock (Post 455500)
Go here specifically:
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery....php?album=111

Coppermine is kind of retarded and doesn't use specific links - everything is relative to sort order or something. But if you go specifically to the beta screenshot gallery it should only be those screenshots.

Thanks.

Nozdormu 03-22-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock (Post 455173)
You have ~$200 for me to upgrade the forums? :P

I've been saying this since forever, we should have like a forum donation tool or something so we can donate to get this shit upgraded.

Curll 03-22-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leviathon (Post 455521)
Funny since they updated every other NPC. lol

Her name in Chinese means "Beautiful as Lotus."

Warlock 03-25-2012 02:46 PM

Screenshots of Scholomance and Scarlet Monastery are up

Warlock 03-25-2012 09:08 PM

Added a few more. If you still needed evidence that the starting area was gorgeous:
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery.../beta/0665.jpg

P.S. - I would kill for a "hide all nameplates when you ALT-Z" option. So annoying.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.