View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 09:50 AM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Yeah, I linked them to the ED expansion at first, too. I later decided to move them to the Old God expansion, just because I wanted them to be already playable during Azshara expansion.
My Order of expansions is Emerald Dream ->Maelstrom->(not sure what after this... Legion?)

Quote:
Same here. I made them a mix between Demon Hunter, Warden and Blademaster. Eventually, those roles would match with the 3 commanders of the new Illidari: Altruis the Sufferer, Maiev Shadowsong and Lantresor of the Burning Blade. The leader, Akama, has a bit of each one.

That just regarding the fight-style. The trees would probably focus on Attack, Defense and Summonings: Fel-fire, Possesion and Siphoning. But that's not the topic, so let's return to the zone.
My trees are Fel (Spell DPS), Nightmare (Healing) and Vengeance (Melee DPS)

Quote:
I'm not so sure about Illidan returning like this. The "Gul'dan influence" idea is a nice one, but it feels to... out of place? I don't know. It's a good idea, but I don't get the setting yet. Perhaps it's because of Illidan returning in the ED. I don't know. I would probably use that idea for a possible return of Illidan, but outside of the ED. We have seen demons returning from the nether before, and I guess Illidan could return, as well.
I approached bring back Illidan with a few thoughts. I didn't want him to be a villain again, but I wanted to explain how we recovered from his insanity. I don't remember exactly how I came up with the Gul'dan possession idea, but I like it. Not only does it make Illidan's return to his WC3 mentality much easier, but it allows me to bring back Gul'dan in such a way that it doesn't contradict anything (ya, Gul'dan finds his way to the Nightmare as well)

The way I've constructed the expansion aims for Illidan and Malfurion to be sorta the Darion and Tirion, except I think there would be more, and more interesting, interaction between them.

Quote:
Or we could get a new "Illidan", just like we'll be getting a new Lich King. I always saw Ner'zhul and Gul'dan as opposing powerful forces. Perhaps, someone could absorb the energies from Illidan, even without destroying him. We could get more than one. Whatever.
Not so hot on this idea. Illidan is a person, while the Lich King is a title and a 'job'

Quote:
I would prefer it to be in the "real world", you know. Also, I'd like it to be happening before the events of the expansion. It's a great opportunity to play as a member of the Illidari, just like you played like a member of the Scourge with the DK.
I couldn't think of a place in EK or Kalimdor that I thought was appropriate. Not to mention it just ties in better with the rest of my idea if its in the Dream

In my expansion it does take place before it starts. The Nightmare's defeat at the Eye is comparable to the Scourge's defeat at Light's Hope. I'm not such a huge fan of the Illidari

Quote:
Summarized: I think it's a pretty good idea. The only thing I dislike is the way Illidan returns and that the starting zone isn't at Kalimdor or the EK. Aside from that, love it.
Thank you then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed