View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 02:49 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

WarCraft 3 B.net Eyeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
My DHs don't heal life, but mana. It's kind of a new mechanic. The third one is similar to Warlock's demonology, save that, instead of summoning demons, they "possess" them, to get their powers.
Mana healing would be interesting. I wanted to give Demon Hunters healing because there's a need for healers. In the end, they ended up be rather like Shamans; a melee tree, a spell tree, and a healing tree.

At this point, I'm trying to work out if they would share itemization with shamans or druids. I don't want them wearing mail, but I could concede that. They have to use swords, as far as I'm concerned, so if they were implemented there would need to be a lot of caster swords (Shamans or Druids with swords are also cool to think about). Also, I'm trying to decide if they should be AP from Agility, given their reputation or speed, or Intellect, given they draw quite a bit of power from fel energy.

Interesting idea, demon possessing. I toyed for a while having demon forms that worked more like warrior stances than druid transformations.

Quote:
Yeah, read WoWWiki page as well (about Gul'dan returning, too).

I'd prefer his insanity to be explained, rather than deleted. But whatever. If you get to explain it properly, he wasn't insane, and that makes things even easier. Anyway, he's good dead, for now; in my opinion, of course.
The insanity is deleted so much as it changed ownership, from Illidan to Gul'dan

Quote:
It's, no doubt, a relationship that has a lot of potential, but I think Illidan is done with Malfurion. I would like to see more about Tyrande and the Watchers, after what she did, but aside from that, Illidan cut off with the night elves at TFT, and I think any of the 2 sides want to recover that relationship.
I see it as begrudgingly help. Like they don't want anything to do with each other, but are forced to. Illidan would be like his old self. He doesn't care so much for the goal of helping Ysera but that it would gain him acceptance and respect. He's doing it for the power.

I think the Watchers need to be explained as well. They really just disappeared after TFT. I'm toying with Ravine of Shadows having an area that was a sanctuary for the Watcher, but it got corrupted.

Quote:
You could try with some place you could later relate to the dream. For example:

-Stonetalon Oracle: Those caves are empty now that Medivh went into retirement, and I suspect they are a pretty powerful place.
-Empty zone between Silithus, Un'Goro Crater, Thousand Needles and Feralas: Anything could be there.
-Winterspring coasts: I used this for my idea, including the missing port-city of Nendis around. It's near the base of Hyjal, so there could be tunnels into Barrow Deeps and the Watchers' prison.
Oracle's Cave: I have this as a zone in my Emerald Dream expansion, but it serves a much different role. In the very deepest caves agents of the Nightmare are trying to build a new body for Archimonde using the power of the Caves. Also, some weird mage guy who can send you into your own mind is there to provide the setting for a dungeon and raid

Empty Zone: Anything could be there, true. But I have trouble think of a reason why they would be there.

Winterspring Coast: Basically the same reason as the Empty Zone. With how I constructed the Demon Hunter class, it would seem weird to have them be in the real world.

Quote:
But your idea about the new demon hunters being people trapped in the nightmare is pretty good, too; although I would prefer the DHs have nothing to do with the dream, btw xDDD.
Thank you

Since Demon Hunters are rooted in Night Elven heritage, I thought it was a good fit for them to be with the Emerald Dream, another major part of Night Elven culture

Quote:
Omg! The Illidari are awesome. I would love to play as a member of the Illidari, and even more if I did with the old W3 Illidari, the ones that were really great, better than the current ones.
I suppose I should clarify. The War 3 Illidari are cool, but I don't like what they became in BC. That is, raid bosses.

Quote:
Supporting each others ftw .
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed