View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 11:36 AM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
My idea is that they're speed warriors. They're melee, but their style looks more like if they were ranged, cause they move and attack, making their enemies hard to hit them if they don't come close to them.

The mana siphoning thing would be a new ability developed with the new generation, based on siphoning power to share it with your team, instead of hungering for power for yourself.

Finally, the demon possession thing works similarly to warlock's. You enslave demons, but instead of summoning them, you let them posses you, taking control of them later and absorbing their powers. Pretty much what Meryl showed us at the comic, but with more than one demon (Anyway, I had this idea from long ago, don't think it just occurred to me because of Meryl ).
I think the move and attack think is a nice addition, fits the class very well.

The demon possession sounds like a fusion between warlocks, in that you summon the demon, and druids, in that you change your form, basically.

Quote:
Still, it would need a good elaboration on how Gul'dan made him go insane. It mustn't feel forced.
You could think of Gul'dan as an insanity causing tumor. It hadn't spread, so when removed the insanity was lifted.

Quote:
I still don't find anything profitable for Illidan inside of the Dream :S.
There's a way for him to be redeemed and in all likelyhood become more powerful. I think that's enough for Illidan

Quote:
As for the Watchers, they should have already forgot Illidan, and return to focus on the other criminals all along Kalimdor. With the new factions around, I guess they just become another war force, being tasked with military actions and having less work with criminals. They're probably still down there, guarding their prisoners, and some of them could be around the surface, acting as the "police"; or perhaps not, due to Tyrande incident.
I agree. It wasn't the individual prisoner really that was important to them

Quote:
I would use the Oracle Cave as CoT 2. Instead of the past, you travel to "visions" .

Empty Zone could be affected by the Dream somehow. Dunno.

Winterspring Coast fits perfectly, imo, being so near
Ya, my Oracle's Cave is basically like that with an extra dungeon to show just why we would be there in the Nightmare expansion

As for Winterspring Coast, it fits perfectly for your idea. Mine, not so much

Quote:
Illidan didn't believe in the Dream (there's even an in-game book about that *hilarious*). If they start there, I wold find it hard to relate them with demons; of course, if there aren't demons around the ED.
Perhaps a sequel [The Emerald Dream: Not All Its Cracked Up to Be]?

In my ED expansion, you'll find plenty of Demons, but I can see where your concern comes from

Having it happened before TBC would give the oportunity to explain Illidan and co.'s further downfall, or at least hive hints to what's going to happen.

Quote:
Also, text walls are cooler when they are full of quotes xDDD .
Much easier to read, in my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed