View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 05:34 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
How does it stop the war? That's like saying that if FDR was assassinated in World War 2 then the war would suddenly be over.
... Because Garrosh who's the main instigator of the war right now and the SINGLE LEADER of the Horde will be dead, putting the Horde war machine to a hault? Besides, there will be Alliance forces in the Horde's capital city which maybe could play a role in stopping the war too? Just, you know, maybe.

Quote:
It's not an assumption. IGoD confirmed it.
Fair enough. Thrall gets the killing blow. But, honestly, it will be all the same to you who gets it because even if Blizzard made Varian kill Garrosh to make him look like a hero and make the Horde look like incompetent idiots for not being able to handle their own internal struggles, you still won't be satisfied and just find another reason to while like "But Varian didn't solo-raid Orgrimmar and didn't single-handedly kill Garrosh cause there were a bunch of people helping him!" or something equally retarded.

So it's all the same eventually anyway.

Quote:
We know that the Alliance can't make any tangible gains beyond bragging rights That is a fact on account of gameplay mechanics. So we know that something is going to happen to justify the Horde keeping all the territory that they've conquered and then some.
Again, stop jumping to conclusions.

Quote:
Yeah man, and as we all know, it's never been a major plot point for the Alliance and Horde war, nor is it an emotionally and symbolically important place for humanity. It's just a spit of land, right?
It's Forsaken's territory now. Rage and cry all you want, it won't change the fact that Lordaeron hasn't belonged to the Alliance in a long time.

Quote:
A treaty that we know will end up buttfucking the Alliance because the Horde can't actually lose any territory as a result of this.

Same song over and over again. Jeez man, you're like a broken record. Got anything new to say?

Quote:
Except the resolution to this conflict will ultimately come from inside the Horde, not because of anything that the Alliance does. The Alliance is playing foil to the Horde right now rather than being an active influence on the storyline.
Why are you so focused on one partilucar aspect instead of looking at the bigger picture? The Alliance getting unified and stronger than before, encroaching on Horde territory despite their main stronghold in the region being destroyed and raiding the Horde capital city... and you see this as the Alliance not taking part in the story? Does any action of the Alliance satisfy you anymore?

Quote:
Gotta love how obvious it is when you don't have an effective counterargument.
A counter-argument to what? I have to argue your random speculations and whatever other Horde-hate bullshit you could pull from your ass about events that haven't even happened yet and no one knows details about? I didn't realize that blind hatred for something for the sake of hating has to be presented with a counter-argument but even if I did try it would be pointless since arguing with you is like arguing with the wall.

Quote:
And yet they are. From the start of Cataclysm to the end of Mists of Pandaria, the Alliance could literally be replaced by any other faction on Azeroth and we'd have almost the exact same story.

YOU.DO.NOT.KNOW.THAT!
Seriously, stop always playing the victim, especially when things you know NOTHING about are involved.

Quote:
Because I can sense that Blizzard is really trying. Metzen is really trying. They want to succeed and they want everyone to be proud of their faction (well, except maybe Kosak.) They aren't always succeeding but the cool factor of invading Orgrimmar and killing Garrosh is still there, and it's something I want to participate in, and it's probably the coolest thing that's happened from an Alliance perspective since the final cutscene of WotLK.

That doesn't mean that I don't think that it can't be executed better and that doesn't mean that I think that things can't improve. I'll be right there smacking down Garrosh at the end of MoP and loving every second of it, but I don't see how his death is actually going to change anything, if not for lore reasons than for gameplay reasons, especially when it doesn't really address the root of the problem as far as Horde and Alliance relations go (hint: the problem begins with an "F" and ends with "orsaken.")
Well, there you go. You see a ray of light in the tunnel, that's good. Go by that. Pull the stick out of your ass for a second and start seeing the bright side of things, stop acting so butthurt all the time.

Anyway, I won't respond to you anymore since A) - As I already said, it would be like arguing to an inanimate object and it won't lead anywhere and B) - This is not what the thread is all about so I won't derail it anymore.