View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 06:25 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
Thrall's deepest desire is to lay down his weapons, bend over to Varian and say "Hello sailor".

You'll excuse me if I don't share your pessimism.
He never will act upon the desire. He never cared about the Warsong moving into Ashenvale after the events of WCIII, he brought in the Forsaken and didn't bother reining them in except with putting Korkon up everywhere so there would be no more rebellions, and assigns overseers who don't give a shit what the Forsaken are doing unless it's treasonous to the Horde.

As long as the Forsaken keep their plot armor - an immunity to the natural plot progression of Thrall/Hamuul/everyone else in the fucking Horde looking at them and realizing what a failure the orcish/tauren attempt at redeeming them is - no one can seriously think that Thrall gives a shit about the Alliance.

Because, Kellick, come on. Do you honestly think Thrall is going to notice the Sludge Fields without Sylvanas going "the warden was crazy we really didn't mean to work them to death lol" and him shrugging and accepting the explanation? Really? We don't even know if the Forsaken getting rid of (or hiding) their full-strength was under Thrall's orders or Garrosh's. That certainly says something about Thrall's balls if he can't even use his power as warchief to tell Sylvanas to shut up and stop being a bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
And somehow I get the feeling that their solution would be to make the Garrosh raid Horde only. (Which would be fine provided the Alliance got to kill Sylvanas.)
Hell, you can just put in Sylvanas as one of the bosses in the raid, and justify her taking Garrosh's side by having Thrall tell her that she's not going to weasel her way out of anything this time around (for Horde side), and having Varian just straight out attack her without even acknowledging Thrall (for Alliance side). The val'kyr can be minibosses, a boss encounter unto themselves, or Sylvanas's adds.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.

Last edited by Millenia; 03-19-2012 at 06:34 AM..