View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 10:49 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
I feel it's generalizing a bit to call that globalism,
Maybe it's "globalization".

Quote:
and I don't think the reduction in protestant Christianity has had the effect you believe it has.
That's just AN effect, not the only effect. Here's a thing about modern Christians liking Jews: https://www.city-journal.org/html/wh...hem-13068.html

Right, it's reminding me to qualify it as "evangelical" Christians, not just "Protestant". Where I grew up, it was hard to tell the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don’t Jews Like the Christians Who Like Them?
The evidence about evangelical attitudes is clear. In 2006, a Pew survey found that evangelical Christians were more favorable toward Israel than the average American was—and much more sympathetic than either mainline Protestants or secularists. In another survey, evangelical Christians proved much likelier than Catholics, Protestants, or secular types to back Israeli control of Jerusalem, endorse Israeli settlements on the West Bank, and take Israel’s side in a Middle Eastern dispute. (Among every religious group, those who are most traditional are most supportive of Israel. The most orthodox Catholics and Protestants, for instance, support Israel more than their modernist colleagues do.)

Evangelical Christians have a high opinion not just of the Jewish state but of Jews as people.