Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-04-2009, 07:00 AM

Hippogryph

Default Organized Icecrown Transcripts

I didn't see the whole story organized into one, so I'm starting with Halls of Reflection and will work on the others as I have time. Here's Jaina and Sylvanas' conversations with Uther.

HR_Jaina_HR01 - The chill of this place ... Brr ... I can feel my blood freezing.
HR_Jaina_HR02 - What is that? Up ahead! Could it be ... ? Heroes at my side!
HR_Jaina_HR03 - Frostmourne ... The blade that destroyed our kingdom ...
HR_Jaina_HR04 - Stand back! Touch that blade and your soul will be scarred for all eternity! I must attempt to commune with the spirits locked away within Frostmourne. Give me space, back up please!
HR_Uther_Alliance01 - Jaina! Could it truly be you?
HR_Jaina_HR05 - Uther! Dear Uther ... I ... I'm so sorry.
HR_Uther_Alliance02 - Jaina you haven't much time. The Lich King sees what the sword sees. He will be here shortly!
HR_Jaina_HR06 - Arthas is here? Maybe I ...c
HR_Uther_Alliance03 - No girl, Arthas is not here. Arthas is merely a presence within the Lich Kings mind. A dwindling presence.
HR_Jaina_HR07 - But Uther ... If there is any hope of reaching Arthas, I ... I must try.
HR_Uther_Alliance04 - Jaina listen to me. You must destroy the Lich King! You cannot reason with him! He will kill you and your allies and raise you all as powerful soldiers of the scourge!
HR_Jaina_HR08 - Tell me how Uther ? How do I destroy my prince ? My ...
HR_Uther_Alliance05 - Snap out of it girl! You must destroy the Lich King at the place where he merged with Ner'Zhul! Atop the spire, at the Frozen Throne. It is the only way.
HR_Jaina_HR09 - You're right Uther, forgive me. I ... I don't know what got ahold of me. We will deliver this information to the king and the knights that battle the scourge within Icecrown Citadel.
HR_Uther_Alliance06 - There is... something else that you should know about the Lich King. Control over the scourge must never be lost. Even if you were to strike down the Lich King, another would have to take its place. For without the control of its master, the scourge would run rampant across the world, destroying all living things.
HR_Uther_Alliance07 - A grand sacrifice by a noble soul.
HR_Jaina_HR10 - Who could bear such a burden?
HR_Uther_Alliance08 - I do not know, Jaina. I suspect that the piece of Arthas that might be left inside the Lich King is all that holds the scourge from annihilating Azeroth.
HR_Jaina_HR11 - Then maybe there is still hope.
HR_Uther_Alliance09 - No, Jaina! Aargh! He... He is coming! You... You must...
HR_Jaina_HR12 - You won't deny me this Arthas! I must know! I must find out!
HR_Jaina_HR13 - There's nothing left of Arthas. Only the Lich King remains ...
HR_Jaina_HR14 - He is too powerful, we must leave this place at once! My magic will hold him in place for only a short time! Come quickly heroes!
HR_Jaina_HR15 - There's an opening up ahead! Go now!
HR_Jaina_HR16 - We're almost there! Don't give up!
HR_Jaina_HR17 - It ... It's a dead end ... We have no choice but to fight! Steel yoursef heroes, for this is our last stand!
HR_Jaina_HR18 - Forgive me heroes, I should have listened to Uther. I ... I had to see for myself, to look into his eyes one last time ... I am sorry.
HR_Jaina_HR19 - We now know what must be done. I will deliver this news to King Varian and Highlord Fordring.
HR_Jaina_HR20 - Champions to my aid! Keep the Lich King's Scourge from interfering and I should break down this barrier.
HR_Jaina_Wall01 - I will destroy this barrier, you must hold the undeads back!
HR_Jaina_Wall02 - Another ice wall, keep the undeads from interrupting my incantations so that I may bring this wall down.
HR_Jaina_Wall03 - He's toying with us! I'll show him what happens to ice when it meets fire.
HR_Jaina_Wall04 - Your barriers can't hold us back much longer monster. I will shatter them all!
HR_Jaina_Hold01 - There's nothing left of Arthas. Only the Lich King remains ... He is too powerful, we must leave this place at once! My magic will hold him in place for only a short time! Come quickly heroes!

HR_Sylvanas_HR01 - I... I don't believe it! Frostmourne stands before us, unguarded! Just as the Gnome claimed. Come, heroes!
HR_Sylvanas_HR02 - Standing this close to the blade that ended my life... And the pain... It is renewed!
HR_Sylvanas_HR03 - I dare not touch it. Stand back! Stand back! As I attempt to commune with the blade. Perhaps our salvation lies within.
HR_Uther_Horde01 - Careful, girl! I've heard talk of that cursed blade saving us before. Look around you, and see what has been born of Frostmourne!
HR_Sylvanas_HR04 - Uther! Uther the Light Bringer! How...
HR_Uther_Horde02 - You haven't much time. The Lich King sees what the sword sees. He will be here shortly!
HR_Sylvanas_HR05 - The Lich King is here? Then my destiny shall be fulfilled on this day!
HR_Uther_Horde03 - You cannot defeat the Lich King! Not here. You would be a fool to try! He will kill those that follow you and raise them as powerful soldiers of the scourge! But for you, Sylvanas. His reward for you will be worst than the last.
HR_Sylvanas_HR06 - There must be a way!
HR_Uther_Horde04 - Perhaps, but know this. There must always be a Lich King. Even if you were to strike down Arthas, another would have to take his place. For without the control of the Lich King, the scourge would wash over the world like locusts, destroying all that they touched.
HR_Sylvanas_HR07 - Who could bear such a burden?
HR_Uther_Horde05 - I do not, banshee queen. I suspect that the piece of Arthas that might be left inside the Lich King is all that holds the scourge from annihilating Azeroth.
HR_Uther_Horde06 - Alas, the only way to defeat the Lich King is to destroy him at the place where he was created.
HR_Sylvanas_HR08 - The Frozen Throne!
HR_Uther_Horde07 - I... Aargh... He... He is coming... You... You must...
HR_Sylvanas_HR09 - You will not escape me that easily, Arthas! I will have my vengeance.
HR_Sylvanas_HR010 - He's... Too powerful! Heroes, quickly, come to me! We must leave this place at once! I will do what I can to hold him in place while we flee.
HR_Sylvanas_HR11 - There's an opening up ahead. Go, now!
HR_Sylvanas_HR12 - We're almost there, don't give up!
HR_Sylvanas_HR13 - Blasted, dead end! So this is how it ends. Prepare yourselves heroes, for today we make our final stand!
HR_Sylvanas_HR14 - We are safe, for now. His strength has increased ten-fold since our last battle! It will take a mighty army to destroy the Lich King, an army greater than even the Horde can rouse.
HR_Sylvanas_HR15 - Champions, to my aid! Keep the Lich Kings scourge from interfering, and I shall break down this barrier!
HR_Sylvanas_Wall01 - No wall can hold the banshee queen! Keep the undead at bay heroes, I will tear this barrier down!
HR_Sylvanas_Wall02 - Another barrier? Stand strong, champions! I will bring the wall down!
HR_Sylvanas_Wall03 - I grow tired of these games, Arthas! Your walls can't stop me!
HR_Sylvanas_Wall04 - You won't impede our escape, fiend. Keep the undead off me while I bring this barrier down!

Last edited by Cantus; 11-04-2009 at 08:55 AM..
Old 11-04-2009, 07:20 AM

Arch-Druid

Nice one thanks for sharing...

(but seriously...they are trying to tell us the great, usually all knowing heroes, who receive news of the adventurers' doings long before they're done, do not know 'bout Matthias ?)

AAAAND:

Quote:
HR_Sylvanas_HR14 - We are safe, for now. His strength has increased ten-fold since our last battle! It will take a mighty army to destroy the Lich King, an army greater than even the Horde can rouse.
Yes, 25 people and a max of 5 NPC >_>

Last edited by LilMaibe; 11-04-2009 at 07:28 AM..
Old 11-04-2009, 07:28 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

B-But Uther's ghost appears at his grave! Multiple times!
Old 11-04-2009, 07:46 AM

Eternal

Lol that makes zero sense indeed >.>
Old 11-04-2009, 07:48 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

This... why Uther... why...?

And 'undeads'? How'd they let a typo like that get through?

Bleh. This is all so bland. =| And it doesn't really seem to amount to anything at all, except to make the whole Arthas-Ner'zhul-Lich King thing even more confusing than it already was. That's QUITE an achievement!!
Old 11-04-2009, 07:59 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
This... why Uther... why...?
Were you really not expecting Uther to show up?
Old 11-04-2009, 07:52 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Falarson#1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900 View Post
I smell Lorelol.

And "undeads" is just a transcript typo. You know, the guys at mmo-champion listened the files and copied the text. The /Y /S /E text isn't stored at the client.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:58 AM

Arch-Druid

Uther is going all Obi-wan...
Old 11-04-2009, 04:52 PM

Ranger
Send a message via MSN to Lob_SG

Horde Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMaibe View Post
Uther is going all Obi-wan...
Wow my thoughts exactly upon first reading these. Someone needs to really get on putting Uther's WCIII portrait on top of a pic of Old Ben's ghost. Man these cliches are coming hard and fast.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:22 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900 View Post
I would consider that the actual retcon actually, since Frostmourne ate his soul during war3.
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 11-04-2009, 08:15 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Stop being so negative. I like it. I hope it gets treated well when it goes live cause I can definitely see how it could go very wrong, but new lore is good. Progress the story, make Darion take command of the Scourge and be the new(tral?) Lich King or something. Or have Tirion size the blade and take up the roll, sacrificing his freedom to keep the scourge down. OR have some cool way for Bolvar to have been broken finally and make him the new LK. Either way, the King isn't going away and I'm okay with that. So long as it's handled well.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:32 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
Or have Tirion size the blade and take up the roll, sacrificing his freedom to keep the scourge down.
Im having serious flashbacks from Diablo 2 of Tal Rasha sacrificing himself to hold the soulstone of Baal.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:42 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded Chikn View Post
Im having serious flashbacks from Diablo 2 of Tal Rasha sacrificing himself to hold the soulstone of Baal.
Hey, it worked once.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:29 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
Hey, it worked once.
I actually like the idea of Tirion (or whoever) being chained up underneath of someplace well guarded by the Argent Crusade/ knights of the Ebon Blade. Forever attempting to resist the unrelenting call of the grave and eventually giving in, becoming fully corrupted but unable to act on it.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:17 AM

Arch-Druid

I'd go with jaina as new lichkinqueen... just don't give her any advisors...we all know how lost she is without any
Old 11-04-2009, 08:33 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

I suspect that Arthas will end up being a good guy, that tried to make the Scourge fail during this campaign by taking stupid decisions. If they do that, I'll go mad at them. Arthas IS evil. Don't freaking make him a victim now. Really hope I'm just speculating too much.

Also, the sacrifice thing just makes it clear to me: Jaina is the next Lich King (Queen, in her case).

Really love that "only can be destroyed were he merged" and "a noble sacrifice for controlling the Scourge" thing.

Finally: Jaina: "our kingdom"

Since when were you part of Lordaeron, ma'am?

Nitpicking for the win xDDD.

Awesome transcprit, indeed. Can't wait to see it live.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 11-04-2009, 08:40 AM

Sentinel Queen
Send a message via AIM to Rebirth

Awesome dialouge. Oh, Jaina.

Also, Lich King Fordring, you heard it hear first folks.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:32 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedpissah View Post
HR_Jaina_Wall01 - I will destroy this barrier, you must hold the undeads back!
HR_Jaina_Wall02 - Another ice wall, keep the undeads from interrupting my incantations so that I may bring this wall down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF72m...eature=related