Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Site News

Old 05-10-2006, 12:35 PM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Default WoW.com Draenei and Expansion Updates

The WoW Community Site has updated with a bunch of Draenei info now. First off, you can find their townhall page with a bunch of lore and pictures. Secondly, there is a new gameplay trailer available (I havn't watched yet but I assume it's the same as shown at e3).

Blizzard has also added a lengthy history of the Blood Elves section, Naxxramas video, expansion screens and new wallpapers for good measure Check them out.

Warning: Don't read Chapters 4 and 6 of the Blood Elf history unless you want "The Sunwell Trilogy: Ghostlands" spoiled for you

Last edited by Warlock; 05-10-2006 at 05:08 PM..
Old 05-10-2006, 12:49 PM

Keeper of Lore

And to add to that, I must say rediculously, horribly spoiled. Wow. I don't mind too terribly but geez, a warning would have been nice. I think the beginning is almost verbatum from the WoW story page up until War 3. They had to start incorporating the events from the Sunwell Trilogy so Dar'Khan and such show up. Chapter 4 and 6 are the two you should avoid for spoilers though. Chapter 5 is more-or-less the story of TFT with a few extra bits of new stuff.

Last edited by Warlock; 05-10-2006 at 12:52 PM..
Old 05-10-2006, 12:59 PM

Loremaster

This has totally retconned the Warcraft III manual and the story site. How the hell did Sargeras get corrupted then?
Old 05-10-2006, 01:07 PM

Keeper of Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzuki
This has totally retconned the Warcraft III manual and the story site. How the hell did Sargeras get corrupted then?
Nathrezim?
Old 05-10-2006, 01:11 PM

Sentinel Queen

Some guy said it on WoW General...

Wouldn't it be easier if basically the Eredar went their evil ways from the start but Valen and other didn't like it so they called the Titans for help. Sargeras came, WTFPWNED the Eredar and has gone mad. He released everyone, and Valen and lads had to run for it. Better imo, and keeps the cool way Sargeras was corrupted (and keeps Eredar the ultimate villains)... I don't really complain about the "new version" as long as it's also cool and well justified...
Old 05-10-2006, 01:23 PM

Eternal

Wow, the Sunwell trilogy was completly and horribly spoiled for me.

Put a more convincing warning, Warlock.

Warlock, Lord of Scrolls of Lore: Shut up, Timolas
Old 05-10-2006, 01:45 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysar
Some guy said it on WoW General...

Wouldn't it be easier if basically the Eredar went their evil ways from the start but Valen and other didn't like it so they called the Titans for help. Sargeras came, WTFPWNED the Eredar and has gone mad. He released everyone, and Valen and lads had to run for it. Better imo, and keeps the cool way Sargeras was corrupted (and keeps Eredar the ultimate villains)... I don't really complain about the "new version" as long as it's also cool and well justified...
I totally agree on you about this. I truly don't understand why Blizzard had to make up this lore that completely ignores how Sargeras became evil to begin with. They really need to stop screwing up their own lore. That you add some more detail to the lore, alright. But why on earth are they changing the lore, when they could have almost kept it the same?