Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:13 PM
handclaw handclaw is offline


handclaw's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,284

Default Hey look, NPCs! Wait, Classes spreading out?

Weeell, in mmo-champion's database http://db.mmo-champion.com/latest , something caught my eye...

A certain collection of new npcs.:

Human hunter
Orc Mage
Night Elf Mage
Blood Elf Warrior
Dwarf Shaman
Undead Hunter
Tauren Paladin
Tauren Priest
Gnome Priest
Troll Druid

(I will add links to each npc later)

Anyway.... My first thought is: WHAT THE HECK!?

So, will Blizzard give those race more classes? Oo I simply don't know....

But hey, let's discuss! ^^
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Mandrabel Mandrabel is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Mandrabel's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 524

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post
Weeell, in mmo-champion's database http://db.mmo-champion.com/latest , something caught my eye...

A certain collection of new npcs.:

Human hunter
Orc Mage
Night Elf Mage
Blood Elf Warrior
Dwarf Shaman
Undead Hunter
Tauren Paladin
Tauren Priest
Gnome Priest
Troll Druid

(I will add links to each npc later)

Anyway.... My first thought is: WHAT THE HECK!?

So, will Blizzard give those race more classes? Oo I simply don't know....

But hey, let's discuss! ^^
Damn, handclaw, you've been on a roll lately.

And yes, this sounds about right.

SO COOL.

But Troll Druid? Orc Mage? Hmm....

EDIT: And WTF? Undead Hunter?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Wabbajack Wabbajack is offline

Arch-Druid
Wabbajack's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,014

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

Quick, we need to spead this rumor before MMO-Champion claims that they found it themself!

Dwarf Shamans... One can dream...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Drz Drz is offline

Elune
Drz's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,402

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post
Dwarf Shamans... One can dream...
Amen to that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 28,712
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Thank you so much handclaw for our second "loresclusive".
http://bwtl.wordpress.com/2009/08/14...now-new-races/
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Gurtogg_Bloodboil Gurtogg_Bloodboil is offline

Elune
Gurtogg_Bloodboil's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,389

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrabel View Post
EDIT: And WTF? Undead Hunter?
Have you forgotten about Nathanos?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Mandrabel Mandrabel is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Mandrabel's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 524

Default

Submitted the BWTL blog article to buffd.net

http://buffd.net/story.php?title=pot...-for-cataclysm

EDIT: Yes, actually, I had forgotten. Thank you for reminding me.
__________________

Last edited by Mandrabel; 08-14-2009 at 04:29 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Zula Zula is offline

Eternal
Zula's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,929

Default

Well most of those classes make sense but...... TAUREN PALADINS?!?! WHAT THE FUCK......
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas roleplaying with Xie
"Take me, Xie! I know you dream of me as I dream of you; you haunt me Xie! Take me! Take me like an aminal Xie!"
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 28,712
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
Well most of those classes make sense but...... TAUREN PALADINS?!?! WHAT THE FUCK......
If priests why not paladins? Tauren certainly have the physical and mental resolve to be paladins if they were exposed to the light.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Sp00ky Sp00ky is offline

Chimaera
Sp00ky's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 292
Send a message via MSN to Sp00ky

Default

Back in the day taurens were meant to have priests, that would make some sense, but paladins?

I simply refuse to believe it

Edit:

Wait wait wait...lets put all this into perspective
as far as I can see now they seem to indicate NPCs, could it be
that what we are seeing is only the establishment of new class trainers?

that the new highborn will be night elven trainers and the tauren "paladins" and priests could be trainers in their own right, but without these classes being added to the races itself?
__________________
The Khala awaits me, Kerrigan. And although I am prepared to face my destiny,you'll not find me easy prey!
- Fenix


Consorting with the Fallen Ones is heresy!
- Aldaris



Last edited by Sp00ky; 08-14-2009 at 03:38 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Zula Zula is offline

Eternal
Zula's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
If priests why not paladins? Tauren certainly have the physical and mental resolve to be paladins if they were exposed to the light.
Because right now it there is no explanation on why the taurens would begin to worship the light.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas roleplaying with Xie
"Take me, Xie! I know you dream of me as I dream of you; you haunt me Xie! Take me! Take me like an aminal Xie!"
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Mandrabel Mandrabel is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Mandrabel's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 524

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
Because right now it there is no explanation on why the taurens would begin to worship the light.
Light of the sun. The dialog in Thunder Bluff suggests that some Tauren will turn to sun worship. Their paladins would be warriors of the Light who gained their power through An'she. Same with the priests, but without melee.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Sp00ky Sp00ky is offline

Chimaera
Sp00ky's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 292
Send a message via MSN to Sp00ky

Default

to me it doesent indicate that they will turn to outhright light worship (by reading the quest and dialog text)

them turning to worship the sun would make way for priests (like the night elves use priests who worship the moon)

I just dont see them founding a paladin order, it is way too far stretched, it makes zero sense to me
__________________
The Khala awaits me, Kerrigan. And although I am prepared to face my destiny,you'll not find me easy prey!
- Fenix


Consorting with the Fallen Ones is heresy!
- Aldaris


Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Zula Zula is offline

Eternal
Zula's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrabel View Post
Light of the sun. The dialog in Thunder Bluff suggests that some Tauren will turn to sun worship. Their paladins would be warriors of the Light who gained their power through An'she. Same with the priests, but without melee.
Light of the Sun? I am sorry but that sounds a bit far streched. Those two taurens were specifically talking about druidism. How the practice of it was lost after the sundering and who the new teaching they recieve from the elfs are affected by their worship of Elune.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas roleplaying with Xie
"Take me, Xie! I know you dream of me as I dream of you; you haunt me Xie! Take me! Take me like an aminal Xie!"
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Gurtogg_Bloodboil Gurtogg_Bloodboil is offline

Elune
Gurtogg_Bloodboil's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,389

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrabel View Post
Light of the sun. The dialog in Thunder Bluff suggests that some Tauren will turn to sun worship. Their paladins would be warriors of the Light who gained their power through An'she. Same with the priests, but without melee.
An’she is a god like Elune though, he isn’t “The Light” as we know it that paladins use.

The dialogues doesn’t really suggest they will turn to sun worship. What it suggests is that as druids the Night Elves specialize and interpret the art of Druidism incompletely because of their focus on the Moon. That Tauren says that you need both or you are not complete as a druid. To me, that indicates that you would need to understand BOTH the sun and the moon, indeed all aspects of nature, to become the ultimate druid. If you phase out the Moon, then you’re just as incomplete as the current state of Druidism is, only in reverse.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 28,712
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

It just struck me. Think Blizz is widening their stance on classes for the faction transfer system, so that you wont be shoehorned as badly? If I'm a horde shaman and I transfer to the alliance, I'll at least have a choice between dwarf and draenei (though I wonder if the wildhammer shaman will use standard horde totems or the futuristic draenei ones).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Sp00ky Sp00ky is offline

Chimaera
Sp00ky's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 292
Send a message via MSN to Sp00ky

Default

Are you suggesting that the classes (like the proposed tauren paladin) would only be avalible for transfer characters?
__________________
The Khala awaits me, Kerrigan. And although I am prepared to face my destiny,you'll not find me easy prey!
- Fenix


Consorting with the Fallen Ones is heresy!
- Aldaris


Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Gurtogg_Bloodboil Gurtogg_Bloodboil is offline

Elune
Gurtogg_Bloodboil's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,389

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
(though I wonder if the wildhammer shaman will use standard horde totems or the futuristic draenei ones).
I'd imagine that, if they were wildhammers, they'd use standard wooden totems since there is nothing particularly futuristic about them. Maybe a slightly different design to avoid PVP confusion.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Mandrabel Mandrabel is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Mandrabel's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 524

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
An’she is a god like Elune though, he isn’t “The Light” as we know it that paladins use.

The dialogues doesn’t really suggest they will turn to sun worship. What it suggests is that as druids the Night Elves specialize and interpret the art of Druidism incompletely because of their focus on the Moon. That Tauren says that you need both or you are not complete as a druid. To me, that indicates that you would need to understand BOTH the sun and the moon, indeed all aspects of nature, to become the ultimate druid. If you phase out the Moon, then you’re just as incomplete as the current state of Druidism is, only in reverse.
He may not be "The Light", but is he not the ultimate source of Light in general? Is it not he who lights all darkness? Would it not be possible for the Tauren to become paladins using An'she the same way that the Blood Elves became paladins by stealing the Light, or like, apparently, the Trolls who are druids through what is probably loa? Paladins only in name?

I can also see where you are coming from on the use of both the sun and the moon in druidism, but I interpret that to mean that the Tauren should focus on An'she's power and the night elves should focus on Mu'sha's to create the balance in that way.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 28,712
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00ky View Post
Are you suggesting that the classes (like the proposed tauren paladin) would only be avalible for transfer characters?
No, but I think the faction transfer might have been an incentive for them to expand the playable classes .
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Sp00ky Sp00ky is offline

Chimaera
Sp00ky's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 292
Send a message via MSN to Sp00ky

Default

but its still distasteful, paladins only in name are still paladins, and to me, tauren paladins makes no sense (priests do)

however, what about the troll druid? that would give them one druid class race more then the alliance
__________________
The Khala awaits me, Kerrigan. And although I am prepared to face my destiny,you'll not find me easy prey!
- Fenix


Consorting with the Fallen Ones is heresy!
- Aldaris


Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 28,712
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00ky View Post
but its still distasteful, paladins only in name are still paladins, and to me, tauren paladins makes no sense (priests do)

however, what about the troll druid? that would give them one druid class race more then the alliance
Well, remember when we were arguing about possible goblin and worgen classes and I said I really wanted a worgen druid, but they said they wouldn't put in a alliance druid without adding a horde one?

Yeah...

Plus, as I've said before, the trolls do have a history of turning into animals.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Zula Zula is offline

Eternal
Zula's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrabel View Post
He may not be "The Light", but is he not the ultimate source of Light in general? Is it not he who lights all darkness? Would it not be possible for the Tauren to become paladins using An'she the same way that the Blood Elves became paladins by stealing the Light, or like, apparently, the Trolls who are druids through what is probably loa? Paladins only in name?
So because the sun is a giant ball of fire that iluminates the world, its related to the holy light? a cosmic divine source of power? Probably the encarnation of good in opposition to the shadow? As Metzen has implied in the last years?
The blood elves got their light from a being which is realted to it, if not empowered by the light. You could call it an embodiement of the light.
Trolls being druids make much more sense since we have seen for example Dranei(Lost ones) druids in Zangarmarsh for example.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas roleplaying with Xie
"Take me, Xie! I know you dream of me as I dream of you; you haunt me Xie! Take me! Take me like an aminal Xie!"
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Sp00ky Sp00ky is offline

Chimaera
Sp00ky's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 292
Send a message via MSN to Sp00ky

Default

well I dont think I took part in that debate, but I can see what you mean,
my main point of frustration remains the tauren paladins though, it strikes me as being so amazingly odd

I can understand priests, but paladins?
__________________
The Khala awaits me, Kerrigan. And although I am prepared to face my destiny,you'll not find me easy prey!
- Fenix


Consorting with the Fallen Ones is heresy!
- Aldaris


Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Mandrabel Mandrabel is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Mandrabel's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 524

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
So because the sun is a giant ball of fire that iluminates the world, its related to the holy light? a cosmic divine source of power? Probably the encarnation of good in opposition to the shadow? As Metzen has implied in the last years?
The blood elves got their light from a being which is realted to it, if not empowered by the light. You could call it an embodiement of the light.
Trolls being druids make much more sense since we have seen for example Dranei(Lost ones) druids in Zangarmarsh for example.
Again I said paladins in name only . While not paladins of the holy light, they would more so be warriors of An'she. And how do we know what exactly the sun in Azeroth is? The way things work on Earth are not necessarily the same for Azeroth. Again, I am not suggesting that the Tauren begin worshiping the Holy Light, only that they have a class with the same gameplay abilities as paladins with a different lore twist. Similarly, why would the Trolls ever turn to druidism? They NEVER had contact with Cenarius, and there is no good reason to say that they would learn from Tauren. They could, however, invoke the power of the Loa, and get similar powers to druids, just like the tauren would get similar powers to paladins, but both will play exactly the same as druids and paladins.

EDIT: And, last time I checked, the Lost Ones weren't actually druids, just desperately turning to the powers of Outland's animal spirits.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.