Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft RTS Discussion

Old 07-21-2011, 06:10 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Default Making a TBC campaign in SC2: Draenei episode (criticism welcomed)

I joined a project to make a Warcraft campaign in SC2, and since I'm the lore nerd, I'm in charge of the storyline. Work has just started, so I can't show you anything (what we have done so far is theorycrafting, we'll need time to see results and if it's worth the effort).

So, we decided to focus on the TBC storyline. The idea is to make 4 campaigns. My idea, and what the team seems to like, is as follows (directly taken from internal conversations):

Quote:
So, this is what I have (titles aren't definitive, they're just descriptive )
*Episode I: The draenei and the new age
**Nobundo makes the draenei embrace the shaman powers, and thanks to them, they retake The Exodar and are able to flee to Azeroth and seek new allies.
**Finale would be The Exodar flying away and crashing (we don't know what happened to the crew).

*Episode II: The blood elf prophecies
**Voren'thal, after working for Kael, gets a final mission, but he betrays him and instead of destroying Shattrath, joins them.
**Finale would be Voren'thal surrendering to Shattrath when it's at its weakest state (previous missions should be attacking the city) and the Scryers joining the Sha'tar.

*Episode III: The return of the Burning Legion
**With the reopening of the Dark Portal, the demons have started coming back. Akama fulfills Illidan's orders and works with the other Illidari heroes, helping stop the Burning Legion. Akama helps kill Kael, too.
**Finale would be just after Kael's death, and would be about assaulting the Black Temple and killing Illidan himself.

*Episode IV: The Shattered Sun
**Lady Liadrin and the Sha'tari council put an spy inside the Burning Legion ranks. We play as that spy in the beginning, letting us play as the Burning Legion. After invading Quel'danas, we change back to the good guys, and we defeat Kil'jaeden.
**Finale would be an assault to the Sunwell Plateau and defeating Kil'jaeden himself.
That's pretty much the skeleton of the storyline.

Right now, I'm working on the first episode. This is my general idea:

Intro cinematic
Velen is in a random town, and he starts seeing visions of the final events at Argus. The translucent visions are in the middle of the town, but the draenei around him don't see them. The cinematic ends with some cool words, about the demons and the future of the draenei.

Chapter 1
The hero of chapter 2 is a belf male, the hero of chapter 3 a draenei male and the hero of chapter 4 a female belf. I wanted to have Nobundo as the protagonist, but I already had Akama for later (who is broken, too). I still wanted Nobundo as a pivotal part, so I searched him an apprentice. The best one out there is Leena, a W:Legends character. This first chapter is introductory, and you play Leena around, guided by mysterious voices (the elements). After her small journey around Zangarmarsh, she found Nobundo waiting for her. She's scared at the beginning, but he recalls his name (Nobundo would have started teaching shamanism to the draenei already, but not so long ago). She agrees to be his apprentice.

Various chapters: shamanism
Leena and Nobundo will travel around Outland for a short number of missions, where we'll see the path of the shaman first-hand. Different enemy factions can make a cameo here (ogres, arakkoa, Illidari). Meeting Velen across it is an option, too (a chapter could be about helping Nobundo teach). This journey would end at the Throne of the Elements on Nagrand.

Flashback chapter: the fall of Shattrath
Leena would ask Nobundo about his past, and we would play as Vindicator Nobundo in the siege of Shattrath city. I'm still not sure when to place this flashback (during shamanism or as the introduction for the next section).

New Shattrath
Leena and Nobundo go to Shattrath to meet Ishanah. Word of Tempest Keep's arrival has spread, and the Aldor had gained strength and plan on rebuilding the city. Our heroes could have been called to help. An attack is a possibility (or just cleaning the city from enemies). At the end of the chapter the naaru arrive.

First actions of New Shattrath
We're sent on some mission outside Shattrath. Being on Terokkar Forest, some kind of conflict with the arakkoa and/or the refugees that take shelter on the Lower City is the best option. Auchindoun could be cool, too (saving some refugees captured by warlocks and fighting draenei ghosts).

Retaking the Exodar (2-3 chapters)
Word of Tempest Keep's fall arrives Shattrath City, and we travel to Netherstorm to recover it. The setting would be the typical "siege epic place" process, with 2-3 chapters where we set up camp, weaken defenses and make the final assault. Kirin'var Village could play a prominent role, even being destroyed while these chapters take place. We would meet the Ethereals here for the first time (or they could have been introduced on Auchindoun already).

Ending cinematic
The Exodar is flying away, but there's saboteurs aboard, and it crashes and we don't know what happens with everyone.

Well, that's my take on it right now. I'm posting this here mostly because I trust you can give me a good quantity of criticism and help with the storyline . Try to focus on the draenei episode, although you can comment on the basics of the other 3, too.

Extra stuff:
Secondary characters that I want to appear around (feel free to suggest more):
*Iridi (WoW: Night of the Dragon)
*Krelna (WoW: Shaman)
*Alius and Chantu (Family Values)
*Hand of Argus
*Vargoth
*Maraad

Ideas for heroes:
*Shaman (Leena, Nobundo)
*High priest (Ishanah, Velen [special: Prophet])
*Vindicator (??)
*?? (??) [dunno if we'll make 4 heroes or 3]

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Last edited by Lon-ami; 07-21-2011 at 10:00 AM..
Old 07-21-2011, 09:05 AM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

An interesting project. But, knowing you can speak spanish, i'll coment in spanish:

Quote:
Me parece genial lo que están desarrollando. En cuanto al primer capítulo, la duda que tengo es la siguiente:

En los tiempos en que Shattrath fue retomada por Aldor y Naaru, ¿es seguro que la ciudad fuese ya habitada por los draenei que se exiliaron en la Marisma de Zangar? Pregunto porque no recuerdo se mencione eso en el Lore. Recuerdo sí que se menciona que Velen lideró a los draenei para retomar el Castillo de la Tempestad (quizás guiado por sus visiones), pero que yo sepa no hay constancia de que Velen y los suyos habitaran en Shattrath junto a los Aldor y que vieran a los Sha'tar arribar a esa urbe. ¿O existe tal constancia?
And also, have you any model to show us? It would be awesome to see how you have designed the draenei and belf architecture and units.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 07-21-2011, 09:18 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Falarson#1968

The idea looks pretty nice. And just because Cemotucu did, I will talk in Spanish too!

Quote:
La verdad no soy experto en el Lore de los Draenei, pero en líneas generales se ve bastante bien. Dudas como la de Cemotucu no se me habrían ocurrido, pero sería interesante verificar eso.

Hablando de detalles técnicos, ¿qué tanto sabes acerca del tema de los modelos y demás? Escuché que Blizzard planeaba lanzar un pack con todos los assets de Warcraft III y WoW para Starcraft II, por si quieran esperar a eso en lugar de hacer mucho trabajo en vano.

PD: Los nombres en español de WoW APESTAN.

RIP Ronnie James Dio (1942 - 2010)

Long live Rock n' Roll!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:23 AM

Elune

It's still just on paper, but I didn't see it very difficult to happen sooner or later. Converting WoW models isn't very difficult, and people finds new faster ways to do it as time goes on.

About your doubt: you just ask me if there were more draenei aside from the Aldor on Shattrath. We know there were Aldor from here: http://www.wowpedia.org/Khadgar's_Servant but we don't know about others. We just know some Aldor remained there (no idea if they remained during the fall or returned later, but they were there when the naaru arrived).

I'm pretty much making the assumption that the Aldor started calling people before the naaru arrived. This can be changed, of course (that's why this thread exists in the first place).

The deal is, people started coming after the naaru arrived, or before? right now it doesn't matter too much, really. When the heroes arrive, the naaru have just arrived or about to.

Another option is making the heroes arrive for something unrelated to the naaru, and then make the naaru come.

I don't remember anything about Blizzard releasing a model-pack of WoW models for SC2, but well, they can be imported with a bit of work. And yes, the Spanish translation is terrible.

I don't have any problem with feedback in Spanish, but answers will be in english so everyone understands them (ya lo siento / I'm sorry ).

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Last edited by Lon-ami; 07-21-2011 at 09:26 AM..
Old 07-21-2011, 09:31 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
I don't remember anything about Blizzard releasing a model-pack of WoW models for SC2
Announced at Blizzcon 2010, but I'm too lazy too look for a source

Long live Rock n' Roll!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:34 AM

Elune

Quote:
It's still just on paper, but I didn't see it very difficult to happen sooner or later. Converting WoW models isn't very difficult, and people finds new faster ways to do it as time goes on.

About your doubt: you just ask me if there were more draenei aside from the Aldor on Shattrath. We know there were Aldor from here: http://www.wowpedia.org/Khadgar's_Servant but we don't know about others. We just know some Aldor remained there (no idea if they remained during the fall or returned later, but they were there when the naaru arrived).

I'm pretty much making the assumption that the Aldor started calling people before the naaru arrived. This can be changed, of course (that's why this thread exists in the first place).

The deal is, people started coming after the naaru arrived, or before? right now it doesn't matter too much, really. When the heroes arrive, the naaru have just arrived or about to.

Another option is making the heroes arrive for something unrelated to the naaru, and then make the naaru come.

I don't remember anything about Blizzard releasing a model-pack of WoW models for SC2, but well, they can be imported with a bit of work. And yes, the Spanish translation is terrible.

I don't have any problem with feedback in Spanish, but answers will be in english so everyone understands them (ya lo siento / I'm sorry ).
Yeah, I have always understood that the Aldor arrived to Shattrath and then the Naaru arrived. But I think that, at that time, Velen and "his draenei" remained hidden in Zangarmash and then attack Tempest Keep. I say this because if they would have knew about the naaru being in Shattrath, I highly doubt they would have left Outland: they would have stayed with the Sha'tar.

PS: I don't hate the spanish translation... Sometimes, it's terrible. But i deal with it... If you coul make a translated version, it would be awesome

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

Old 07-21-2011, 09:40 AM

Elune

Upgraded first post with class ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kike-Scott View Post
Announced at Blizzcon 2010, but I'm too lazy too look for a source
Will look around later, but something that big doesn't usually get forgotten. If I find anything about it, I'm probably posting on the official forum for an ETA (Estimated time of arrival).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
Yeah, I have always understood that the Aldor arrived to Shattrath and then the Naaru arrived. But I think that, at that time, Velen and "his draenei" remained hidden in Zangarmash and then attack Tempest Keep. I say this because if they would have knew about the naaru being in Shattrath, I highly doubt they would have left Outland: they would have stayed with the Sha'tar.

PS: I don't hate the spanish translation... Sometimes, it's terrible. But i deal with it... If you coul make a translated version, it would be awesome
It's terrible most of the time xDDD.

I always understood that, too, but Velen's location is ambiguous. We knew he was "hidden" and made an appearance at Telredor during the 2nd-3rd wars, and after that, we know he attacked Tempest Keep. I think it's safe to assume/speculate that he may have visited Shattrath and planned the assault there once the naaru made it their home.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:43 AM

Arch-Druid

Put Maraad as the Vindicator (fanfic tiem!), the other hero can be a Mage, but surprisingly enough, there aren't many prominent mages in Draenei Lore.

Long live Rock n' Roll!
Old 07-21-2011, 10:00 AM

Elune

What would you guys think about Leena following Velen to a meeting with the Kurenai? we know broken and draenei had differences some years ago, but we were never told how those differences disappeared. We could explain it like this . It could be linked with Throne of the Elements later, too.

By the way, tilesets we'll be visiting:

-Zangarmarsh (beginning)
-Terokkar Forest (Shattrath missions)
-Netherstorm (finale)

Possibilities:
-Blade's Edge Mountains (during shamanism and/or finale)
-Nagrand (Kurenai meeting [Throne of Elements' visit isn't enough to show the tileset properly])

No way:
-Hellfire Peninsula
-Shadowmoon Valley

Opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kike-Scott View Post
Put Maraad as the Vindicator (fanfic tiem!), the other hero can be a Mage, but surprisingly enough, there aren't many prominent mages in Draenei Lore.
Lol, forgot about Maraad, but he's making a cameo yes-or-yes xDDD.

Also, any idea on how to introduce Khadgar to the Sha'tar? :S

Last edited by Lon-ami; 07-21-2011 at 10:24 AM..
Old 07-21-2011, 11:34 AM

Elune

Quote:
I always understood that, too, but Velen's location is ambiguous. We knew he was "hidden" and made an appearance at Telredor during the 2nd-3rd wars, and after that, we know he attacked Tempest Keep. I think it's safe to assume/speculate that he may have visited Shattrath and planned the assault there once the naaru made it their home.
Well, if you are going to do a fan fictioned campaign, well yes... take that creative license. Hopefully, Velen's short story will told us a little more.

But, as I said, i found it really hard that the Draenei led by Velen (and even Velen itself) will prefer to invade Tempest Keep and leave, when they could rebuild Shattrath alongside the Naaru and brought peace. I mean, what Velen did seems more like a desperate intent to escape.

And about the Broken-Draenei relations, we know that Velen respects Nobundo and allow him to teach the broken and draenei. May the draenei started to act as their leader (who seems to be their Jesus).

About the tilesets... I thing Blade's Edge its out of place with the shaman-theme. I personally prefer Nagrand. That's a better place and you could even realte Nobundo with the Kurenai faction origin (if you want to theorycraft).

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

Old 07-21-2011, 11:42 AM

Elune

Quote:
Well, if you are going to do a fan fictioned campaign, well yes... take that creative license. Hopefully, Velen's short story will told us a little more.

But, as I said, i found it really hard that the Draenei led by Velen (and even Velen itself) will prefer to invade Tempest Keep and leave, when they could rebuild Shattrath alongside the Naaru and brought peace. I mean, what Velen did seems more like a desperate intent to escape.
I don't want to do a fanfic, but I want to add little nice stuff to the holes in lore, and if that stuff helps the gameplay, then it's perfect.

And, if I'm sincere, I never understood why they assaulted The Exodar and tried to use it to fly to Azeroth. That's always been left pretty ambiguous, but I remember some explanation, maybe at the official page, about draenei wanting to find new allies or something.

Still, I don't find the assaul on The Exodar incompatible with Velen being aware of what was going on at Shattrath.

Quote:
And about the Broken-Draenei relations, we know that Velen respects Nobundo and allow him to teach the broken and draenei. May the draenei started to act as their leader (who seems to be their Jesus).

About the tilesets... I thing Blade's Edge its out of place with the shaman-theme. I personally prefer Nagrand. That's a better place and you could even realte Nobundo with the Kurenai faction origin (if you want to theorycraft).
The draenei despised the broken, as shown on Nobundo's short story, Unbroken. I don't recall any good explanation on the change of attitude, but I guess Nobundo was the first move on normalization. The Kurenai are a sect that escaped enslavers and draenei, so befriending them could be pretty meaningful.

Blade's Edge could be the site for some element, although maybe it's better if I divide them between Zangarmarsh and Nagrand .

Old 07-22-2011, 07:05 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

I tend to avoid projects like this because they tend to go unfinished or don't carry over well, but if you can do this, it'd be great.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:53 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
I tend to avoid projects like this because they tend to go unfinished or don't carry over well, but if you can do this, it'd be great.
I was waiting for your response .

No matter what, it's still a nice theorycrafting pastime. The guys that asked me for this are already making a W1 mod and they seem pretty serious: http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/res...es-of-azeroth/ .

Even if shit happened, I don't think I could have any difficulty on trying to do something with it alone. As I said before, WoW-model-importing becomes easier every day. I could even suggest it as a community project, and it would probably get a lot of support, with all the W3 nostalgia.

And you all know this-would-be-awesome.

By the way, Tim, did you get SC2?

Old 07-24-2011, 05:22 AM

I got SC2 but the editor seemed, I don't know, disappointing? Maybe it was because they said some stuff like you could equip unit models with any weapon, although it seemed far fetched at least because of animations. But I remember them saying you could, for example, give a Marine a Ghost's Gauss Rifle.

Anyway, that in itself doesn't matter much, but I find that SC2 has a lot less charm than Warcraft 3. If people manage to make good maps that don't rely on SC2 atmospheres then I'll check them out when I am home for the summers. Most of the year I am in Scotland and can't play.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:42 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
I got SC2 but the editor seemed, I don't know, disappointing? Maybe it was because they said some stuff like you could equip unit models with any weapon, although it seemed far fetched at least because of animations. But I remember them saying you could, for example, give a Marine a Ghost's Gauss Rifle.

Anyway, that in itself doesn't matter much, but I find that SC2 has a lot less charm than Warcraft 3. If people manage to make good maps that don't rely on SC2 atmospheres then I'll check them out when I am home for the summers. Most of the year I am in Scotland and can't play.
The data editor is annoying, and too many parts reek "cut off" sections. Overall, they made it better, but they made it much more complicated, too, instead of making it more intuitive. I still prefer W3's for many reasons, just because SC2's potential has severe mindfuck as its secondary effect. Not worth learning, really. New and better, yes, but not worth the effort to most of the features.

That's its main problem. I hope they make it more intuitive with the expansions.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
The data editor is annoying, and too many parts reek "cut off" sections. Overall, they made it better, but they made it much more complicated, too, instead of making it more intuitive. I still prefer W3's for many reasons, just because SC2's potential has severe mindfuck as its secondary effect. Not worth learning, really. New and better, yes, but not worth the effort to most of the features.

That's its main problem. I hope they make it more intuitive with the expansions.
Well said, I guess. I didn't feel it warranted the effort to master the editor because the truth is I didn't care that much for the game anyway either. I didn't like the non-linear story mostly because you get to make decisions, but those decisions don't mean anything for the bigger story because Blizzard has to decide what is canon anyway...
Old 07-24-2011, 08:19 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: AndyJP#1205
Send a message via AIM to AndyJP

It's about time you wrote fan-fiction! Your ideas are always awesome.

I'll also comment in spanish:
Quote:
Hola. Donde esta el bano?
Old 07-24-2011, 10:10 AM

Elune

It may be too late, but I might recommend being willing to depart from the in-game storyline...
Old 07-27-2011, 05:45 AM

Elune

More work on the chapters:

Chapter 1: Introduction
*Characters: Leena, shaman hero
*Location: a village in Zangarmarsh (may be one of the existing ones, not sure yet)
*Plot: Leena starts to hear whispers, that warn her of an ogre attack. She must warn the villagers, scattered across the map, and convince them of the imminent danger. She manages to convince them and they defend the village successfully from a small number of ogres.

*Gameplay: This first chapter is divided in 2 parts: gathering the villagers and defending from the ogres. The first part will be RPG-style, with Leena helping some villagers with their jobs. Its objective is to make players get familiarized with the controls. The second part will be more strategic. You'll have to place barricades and create a fight squad. Ogres will arrive in small waves, and you'll have to defeat them. Once some waves are over, the map will show the ogre boss with some defenses in the outskirts of the village. Waves won't stop coming until you defeat the boss (waves won't increase difficulty, though). You'll need to keep producing units, and clear the path to the boss while you fall back to defend from each wave. General numbers will be small, each wave may be 1-2 ogres at most. Something pretty basic. The only real danger of the attack was the surprise factor, since villagers could deal with the small ogre force without problems. However, Leena's warning helped the fight have more victims that it would have had in normal conditions. There will be many secondary objectives. Deciding to help a villager or not could give bonuses, and there are groups of fighters in isolated parts that will join you if you help them.

*Details: Animosity towards the broken will be shown by introducing a small number of them, newcomers to the village. Nobundo may be around, and Leena may cross him. Characters from Legends that debuted with Leena will make a cameo. The draenei villagers and the ogre attackers may be based on existing characters, depends on the location of the village. Some objects around the village could trigger small memory scenes explaining her background.

Chapter 2: Shamanism
*Characters: Leena, shaman hero (Nobundo, shaman hero)
*Plot: After been seen watching over Leena at the finale of the previous chapter, he gets near her in this 2nd one. He speaks to her about the shamanism, and how that affinity with the nature she has is more than just an affinity. Her foster-father tells Nobundo about her abilities (Leena underestimates herself and prefers using her bow). Nobundo maker her a demonstration and tells her about the true nature of the whispers (he heard them too, and came to the village to warn, to see she was already doing it). So she decides to join him, and they travel around Zangarmarsh, meeting the different elements.

*Gameplay: The chapter is divided in 5 parts, one for each element. The map is limited around them, too, so you need to make them in order. Still not sure about the order, only that "Wilderness" will be the last.
**Water: The naga are using slaves to prepare the ground for one of their weird machines. You fight some guards (you could temporally freeze some of them, too), and then free the slaves, who attack the naga and ruin their plans. The slaves are mainly broken, but there could be some human or other random races.
**Fire: An ogre mage is leading a chopping party, and burning some of the chopped mushrooms for fun. You must direct the fire towards the ogres, and make all of them flee after burning their asses. The ogre mage doesn't fall for it, so you need to weaken him before burning him and make him run.
**Air: For this one, you climb over the mushroom themselves. Commanding the air, you need to jump around chasing a spore bat or a nether ray.
**Earth: The naga are attacking a Fungal giant. You get the help of some sporelings here, and you need to command them to save the giant. You'll use the earth to summon rocks from the ground and divide the naga forces to win.
**Wild: A Spore Walker is terrorizing a draenei village. You must fight him with your mind to convince him to leave elsewhere.
*As you see, this chapter consists on small quests, more mini-game than anything else. The shaman hero for this mod will have a number of abilities, each for an element, and they will play an important role here.

*Details: Most of the enviroments the elements are elaborated on exist at TBC, and I focused making connections in purpose. For example, at the naga machine, slaves could comment that we only slowed their plans, but that we did a great thing anyway. The nature of the machines would be discussed but unexplained. The ogre chopping operations are ingame, too. That fungal giant is named Fhwoor, and we're told he befriended the sporelings after they saved him from the naga. In the end, this chapter is a big ball of shamanism candy. The end would be at Telredor, where we would help Nobundo gather shamanism apprentices by showing what we learned (this part might be cinematic or a 6th part/or that spore walker could be stalking Telredor, with the guys above about to kill it for security).

Chapter 3: Flashback of the fall of Shattrath
*Characters: Nobundo, vindicator hero
*Plot: The orcs are attacking Shattrath City, and we must defend it. Characters like Akama, Maraad, Ishanah, Velen and others could be present. We command a squad that must move across the city and deal with concrete problems, from catapult fire to breaches in the walls. We're told to fall to the inner rings as the chapter goes on. To win, Nobundo must survive (or maybe you have a hero altar), and all the orders must be completed (or things could just turn worse if you don't complete them). At the end, you must hold while the civilians retreat through a path in the mountains. Nobundo falls and you see a small briefing of what he did after the battle (see his short story: Unbroken).

*Gameplay: NPC forces hold the walls, and you're just given orders by someone. You must run from one place to another. The orders can be:
**Replace a group over the wall until reinforcements arrive
**Fire catapults over enemy catapults
**Protect a breach until a barricade is erected
**Save civilians escorting them to a point
**Blow bridges to prevent the Horde advance
**Kill squads that have managed to enter the Lower City
**Save groups surrounded by the enemy at the Lower City
**Heal injured soldiers with your paladin abilities
*You get the idea. This orders could be random, or part of a same bigger objective, with you having no one to say "do this!" and deciding for yourself what to complete first. They could be given by simple "help us! / We need help here!" shouting by the soldiers. In case it's not clear, you would have a base, where you would train forces to help with the orders.

*Details: A loooot of characters would make cameos here, from the Triumvirate of the Hand to Shattrath people. It pretty much introduces everyone, including guys that will become broken or evil.

---

That's all for today, I'm tired of writing . Sneak peak on fourth chapter: after training people on Telredor and speaking with Velen, the group journeys to Shattrath, since the Aldor have asked for help. The path we follow is the same the refugees followed when running away from Shatrath. We are told to take another direction by Nobundo, and we reach Throne of the Elements, where we meet the Furies, and we're finally blessed as a good shaman (the others are just newbie shamans xD). We meet an orc, brown-skinned, and we have a small talk, where we are shown the other side of the coin of what happened at Shattrath. We leave and join the group, already entering the caverns, and we enter Shattrath, where we help the Aldor (Khadgar would appear later and connect us with Kirin'var for the attack).

Hope you're liking it so far, and don't forget your criticism and suggestions .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
It may be too late, but I might recommend being willing to depart from the in-game storyline...
Why so? do you refer to TBC itself, or to WoW storyline in general?

My main objective is just writing a good TBC story staying loyal to the canon, but filling holes and adding small touches here and there to make it better.

I'll kill Illidan, yes, but I'll do it the right way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
It's about time you wrote fan-fiction! Your ideas are always awesome.

I'll also comment in spanish:

PS: ¿Dónde está el baño?

Last edited by Lon-ami; 07-27-2011 at 05:53 AM..
Old 08-03-2011, 08:35 AM

Elune

Some more ideas, taken directly from my work notes:

(pretty rough, you're warned, but you get the idea of the direction I want to take)

----------------------------------------------------------------

EPISODE 1: DRAENEI

---Briefing: "Visions of Argus"---

Velen has a vision of what happened at Argus millenia ago. After that, he comments he senses the Burning Legion is coming; but then, he sees the naaru, too, and he understands there's still hope.

---Chapter 1: "Saving the village"---

---Chapter 2: "Shamanism"---

---Chapter 3: "The fall of Shattrath City"---

---Chapter 4: "Shattrath City reborn"---

---Briefing: "The naaru appear, and talk about the army of Light"

---Chapter 5: "The Bone Wastes"---

To form an Army of Light and stop the return of the Burning Legion, we must gather allies. Far in Terokkar Forest lie the Bone Wastes, where refugees of different races take shelter. You must gather and bring them to Shattrath City, where together, we'll be able to build a home for everyone. Only by standing together will we be able to be ready for when the demons return.

The wastes are the only safe place. No beast hunts here, and the spirits let us take shelter in their crypts as long as we respect them. There's all kind of people here: we, the arakkoa, run away from Skettis. Our brothers have betrayed our gods, and we became fugitives in our own land. The orcs come from Bleeding Hollow Village, destroyed by ogres. The humans are trapped, with the Skettis between them and Allerian Stronghold.

The arakkoa are homeless, and we don't have any place to go. We have enough problems gathering food and water, with our fallen brothers controlling the entire forest and hunting for us.

The orcs were attacked from the north, so some of them weren't able to run away to Nagrand. Instead, they're trying to reach Stonebreaker Hold, but the wastes are a dangerous place, and they don't have the resources for the journey.

The humans come from the northeast, from Allerian Stronghold. Their mission was to investigate Auchindoun, but the Shadow Cult attacked and divided them. They can't report back after the arakkoa advanced from the east.

We're all trapped here, safe between the ghost of the dead, but we'll become part of this graveyard if we don't find a solution soon.

You start the mission at the outskirts of the wastes, and you find hostile arakkoa some steps further. Before being attacked, you hear them speaking about watching for traitors that try to escape the attack. Upon advancing, you find a circle of caravans, and refugees, mostly arakkoa, being attacked by other arakkoa. You kill some but the rest flee.

To join you, the arakkoa need help repairing their caravans. You get control of the base inside the circle. Each x minutes arakkoa come and harass the caravan, so you need to be careful.

The orc emissary tells you they will only join you if you bring food, and points you to an arakkoa veil northwest. Once you destroy it, you get the food. Now the emissary tells you to come with him, but the arakkoa attack and you must protect him. Once upon arriving, the orcs welcome you, but they don't trust you. However, you show them Jorin's present and they accept.

The human emissary tells you they will only join you if you recover a book they lost to the cultists. For that, you must travel east to their ravaged encampment. There, some cultists appear, summoning skeletons, and attack you. You find a caged human, too. He's worried and demands to see his superior asap before falling to the ground.

With the orc materials and a human blacksmith, the caravan is repaired. The caged human awakens, and his superior speaks with him. He was part of a scout squad, that departed to Auchindoun before the attack. When he returned to the ruined camp, he was captured and interrogated for the location of the rest of the humans.

He informs that there's an alliance going on inside Auchindoun. A sect of arakkoa has allied with the Shadow Council and a group of tomb raiders. If banded together, the region will be in a hurry, since they could strike the heart of Skettis and take control of all the arakkoa people.

In this moment, the scout sees two of the minor species of refugees, and points to them worried. We're named ethereals, and like you, humans and draenei, we're not from this world. However, you have nothing to worry, for we're enemies to your enemies. We suspected they were behind something, but this is worse than we expected. Then, they proceed to activate a mechanism, making a vision of their leader appear. He warns them of the enemy ethereals, and how their technology in bad hands could be a danger for everyone.

But he has a plan. The three factions don't trust each other too much, and the negotiations are being hard. We must ruin them. We won't be able to defeat the 3 factions, but we'll be able to make them fight each other, and seclude the menace to Auchindoun.

---Briefing: "Storm at Tempest Keep"---

Two humans are observing something at a hill. A third one comes in, guiding a fourth, that looks like their leader, and is referenced as Archmage. While the Archmage says something in line of "Oh My God" (with The Light) the camera rotates and we see a blood elf army advancing to Tempest Keep.

---Chapter 6: "Auchindoun"---

The caravan is already advancing. Some orcs will leave for Stonebreaker, but most will join us. Of those, most come only to use the tunnels to Nagrand, but I trust a good number will decide to stay, and that even Garadar could eventually help us. The humans like the idea, and they'll ally the new faction, although they'll keep working from their bases. The arakkoa will all stay, and build a new home down at the ruins of the Lower City. It's not a lot, but it's something. The etherelas will open commercial nodes, too.

But our focus now is Auchindoun. We must attack the 3 factions, and make it look like they're backstabbing each other. We'll get help from the ghosts, too.

We'll "defile" some tombs, making it look like ethereal work, and use ghosts to attack the orcs and the arakkoa. They will blame the ethereals for it. They'll try to blame the other faction to save half of their alliance, and their alliance will be shattered.

However, we must not leave survivors. If someone sees us, we must kill them, to avoid our presence from being discovered. If they run away and inform their leaders, our plan will fail.

Once it's done, we are congratulated by the ethereal leader, but he has bad news, too. The naaru fortress has been invaded by the Illidari, and with it, the plan of the naaru has come to a dead end.

---Chapter 7: "A foothold at Netherstorm"--- (leave this chapter's intro at a separate briefing?)

Leena arrives to Shattrath while a group of leaders is discussing a plan to retake Tempest Keep. A'dal introduces Khadgar, the leader of the Alliance forces on Outland. One of his lieutenants, Vargoth, informed of the situation, and the ethereals' leader's vision confirmed it.

Netherstorm is a terrible, ravaged place, where the land suffered the Doom of Draenor first-hand. The humans have a village, named Kirin'var, but it's secluded and doesn't work as a landing ground. However, the ethereal leader has a surprise: his people settled there some time ago, and he could help build a forward base for Shattrath. They only need to call some mages and open portals for the troops. However, he can't risk his neutrality, so he can't help directly.

The draenei retake some X from Y, until they get a clear base in front of Tempest Keep (hay una base goblin ahí, mirar cúando apareció).

---Chapter 8: "@@@" (reference to the title of w3:roc orc campaign wyverns' quest)---

We need aerial transports to reach Tempest Keep, but the rays from the ethereals aren't enough, and the humans won't be able to bring gryphons in time. Only the nether dragons can help us, but they won't agree easily, and the blood elves are already slaughtering our forces. Some Dragonmaw fel orcs are enslaving them, so we'll rescue them and hope they help us.

The blood elves outnumber us, but some Thunderlord orcs arrive to help in exchange for saving their Bleeding Hollow brothers. Kirin'var humans come to help, too.

---Briefing: "A change of plans"---

We're discussing the assault with the nether dragons in the base, and suddenly a portal appears. Velen and Nobundo come out of it with a load of draenei, and everyone cheers. But they bring bad news. The Illidari have a bigger army of blood elves than we expected, and they're closing in. Soon, they all will be trapped here. They don't have enough troops to retake Tempest Keep, too, since the fortress is heavily guarded.

However, they aren't here without a new plan. One of the four satellites, The Exodar, has living functions inside, which means it could be used as a transport without the rest of the structure.

We'll retake The Exodar, and flee away to Azeroth to recruit those who defeated the Burning Legion twice to the Army of Light.

---Chapter 9: "Final battle at The Exodar"---

The orcs and humans will remain down, distracting the blood elves, while we attack The Exodar. Vargoth and Garm Wolfbrother joke about who's going to kill more.

The dragons leave us at The Exodar, and help us clean the surface. They can't do anymore, so they leave home, with their promise not broken. Leena asks them to help down, but they say that wasn't part of the plan.

We break in, build a base inside (the spaceship is huge) and kill the blood elves. In the end, we successfully retake it, and @@@ (the naaru at The Exodar) takes control and pilots the spaceship away.

---Finale: "A sabotaged victory"---

The orcs and the humans are dying at blood elf hands, but suddenly, the dragons arrive, and burn them all to ashes. In the horizont, they see The Exodar flashing, and they call retreat, covered by dragons.

The camera changes to The Exodar, where we see the naaru driving it successfully, and then the ship flying through space. But now, we see a surviving blood elf, who sabotages some engines, and the ship starts to tremble and move randomly.

At the end, we see Azeroth, and we see The Exodar crashing. Now, we see Kael'thas with Voren'thal and other lieutenants, saying "the plan has suceeded". Finally, we see a crashed Exodar burning.

THE END

Some ideas for the blood elf campaign

recover Ata'mal crystals? give them to the naaru later
reopen Burning Legion portals?

Chapter 1: Start the construction of the Mana Surges
Chapter 2: Destroy Kirin'var village and imprison Vargoth
Chapter 3: Ata'mal Crystal en Netherstorm
Chapter 4: Flashback of the conquest of Tempest Keep <sucks, leave it as in-chapter small cinematic>

Chapter X: Siege of Shattrath

I'm thinking of including the Kurenai somewhere before Terokkar. Also, Leena will meet some orcs at Throne of Elements, between them a link to the Bleeding Hollow refugees (that's why you see Jorin's wtf, when Jorin wasn't named before).

These are some ideas, not definitive yet. Opinions and criticism desired .

Old 08-03-2011, 08:37 AM

Elune

Some more ideas, taken directly from my work notes:

(pretty rough, you're warned, but you get the idea of the direction I want to take)

EPISODE 1: DRAENEI

---Briefing: "Visions of Argus"---

Velen has a vision of what happened at Argus millenia ago. After that, he comments he senses the Burning Legion is coming; but then, he sees the naaru, too, and he understands there's still hope.

---Chapter 1: "Saving the village"---

---Chapter 2: "Shamanism"---

---Chapter 3: "The fall of Shattrath City"---

---Chapter 4: "Shattrath City reborn"---

---Briefing: "The naaru appear, and talk about the army of Light"

---Chapter 5: "The Bone Wastes"---

To form an Army of Light and stop the return of the Burning Legion, we must gather allies. Far in Terokkar Forest lie the Bone Wastes, where refugees of different races take shelter. You must gather and bring them to Shattrath City, where together, we'll be able to build a home for everyone. Only by standing together will we be able to be ready for when the demons return.

The wastes are the only safe place. No beast hunts here, and the spirits let us take shelter in their crypts as long as we respect them. There's all kind of people here: we, the arakkoa, run away from Skettis. Our brothers have betrayed our gods, and we became fugitives in our own land. The orcs come from Bleeding Hollow Village, destroyed by ogres. The humans are trapped, with the Skettis between them and Allerian Stronghold.

The arakkoa are homeless, and we don't have any place to go. We have enough problems gathering food and water, with our fallen brothers controlling the entire forest and hunting for us.

The orcs were attacked from the north, so some of them weren't able to run away to Nagrand. Instead, they're trying to reach Stonebreaker Hold, but the wastes are a dangerous place, and they don't have the resources for the journey.

The humans come from the northeast, from Allerian Stronghold. Their mission was to investigate Auchindoun, but the Shadow Cult attacked and divided them. They can't report back after the arakkoa advanced from the east.

We're all trapped here, safe between the ghost of the dead, but we'll become part of this graveyard if we don't find a solution soon.

You start the mission at the outskirts of the wastes, and you find hostile arakkoa some steps further. Before being attacked, you hear them speaking about watching for traitors that try to escape the attack. Upon advancing, you find a circle of caravans, and refugees, mostly arakkoa, being attacked by other arakkoa. You kill some but the rest flee.

To join you, the arakkoa need help repairing their caravans. You get control of the base inside the circle. Each x minutes arakkoa come and harass the caravan, so you need to be careful.

The orc emissary tells you they will only join you if you bring food, and points you to an arakkoa veil northwest. Once you destroy it, you get the food. Now the emissary tells you to come with him, but the arakkoa attack and you must protect him. Once upon arriving, the orcs welcome you, but they don't trust you. However, you show them Jorin's present and they accept.

The human emissary tells you they will only join you if you recover a book they lost to the cultists. For that, you must travel east to their ravaged encampment. There, some cultists appear, summoning skeletons, and attack you. You find a caged human, too. He's worried and demands to see his superior asap before falling to the ground.

With the orc materials and a human blacksmith, the caravan is repaired. The caged human awakens, and his superior speaks with him. He was part of a scout squad, that departed to Auchindoun before the attack. When he returned to the ruined camp, he was captured and interrogated for the location of the rest of the humans.

He informs that there's an alliance going on inside Auchindoun. A sect of arakkoa has allied with the Shadow Council and a group of tomb raiders. If banded together, the region will be in a hurry, since they could strike the heart of Skettis and take control of all the arakkoa people.

In this moment, the scout sees two of the minor species of refugees, and points to them worried. We're named ethereals, and like you, humans and draenei, we're not from this world. However, you have nothing to worry, for we're enemies to your enemies. We suspected they were behind something, but this is worse than we expected. Then, they proceed to activate a mechanism, making a vision of their leader appear. He warns them of the enemy ethereals, and how their technology in bad hands could be a danger for everyone.

But he has a plan. The three factions don't trust each other too much, and the negotiations are being hard. We must ruin them. We won't be able to defeat the 3 factions, but we'll be able to make them fight each other, and seclude the menace to Auchindoun.

---Briefing: "Storm at Tempest Keep"---

Two humans are observing something at a hill. A third one comes in, guiding a fourth, that looks like their leader, and is referenced as Archmage. While the Archmage says something in line of "Oh My God" (with The Light) the camera rotates and we see a blood elf army advancing to Tempest Keep.

---Chapter 6: "Auchindoun"---

The caravan is already advancing. Some orcs will leave for Stonebreaker, but most will join us. Of those, most come only to use the tunnels to Nagrand, but I trust a good number will decide to stay, and that even Garadar could eventually help us. The humans like the idea, and they'll ally the new faction, although they'll keep working from their bases. The arakkoa will all stay, and build a new home down at the ruins of the Lower City. It's not a lot, but it's something. The etherelas will open commercial nodes, too.

But our focus now is Auchindoun. We must attack the 3 factions, and make it look like they're backstabbing each other. We'll get help from the ghosts, too.

We'll "defile" some tombs, making it look like ethereal work, and use ghosts to attack the orcs and the arakkoa. They will blame the ethereals for it. They'll try to blame the other faction to save half of their alliance, and their alliance will be shattered.

However, we must not leave survivors. If someone sees us, we must kill them, to avoid our presence from being discovered. If they run away and inform their leaders, our plan will fail.

Once it's done, we are congratulated by the ethereal leader, but he has bad news, too. The naaru fortress has been invaded by the Illidari, and with it, the plan of the naaru has come to a dead end.

---Chapter 7: "A foothold at Netherstorm"--- (leave this chapter's intro at a separate briefing?)

Leena arrives to Shattrath while a group of leaders is discussing a plan to retake Tempest Keep. A'dal introduces Khadgar, the leader of the Alliance forces on Outland. One of his lieutenants, Vargoth, informed of the situation, and the ethereals' leader's vision confirmed it.

Netherstorm is a terrible, ravaged place, where the land suffered the Doom of Draenor first-hand. The humans have a village, named Kirin'var, but it's secluded and doesn't work as a landing ground. However, the ethereal leader has a surprise: his people settled there some time ago, and he could help build a forward base for Shattrath. They only need to call some mages and open portals for the troops. However, he can't risk his neutrality, so he can't help directly.

The draenei retake some X from Y, until they get a clear base in front of Tempest Keep (hay una base goblin ahí, mirar cúando apareció).

---Chapter 8: "@@@" (reference to the title of w3:roc orc campaign wyverns' quest)---

We need aerial transports to reach Tempest Keep, but the rays from the ethereals aren't enough, and the humans won't be able to bring gryphons in time. Only the nether dragons can help us, but they won't agree easily, and the blood elves are already slaughtering our forces. Some Dragonmaw fel orcs are enslaving them, so we'll rescue them and hope they help us.

The blood elves outnumber us, but some Thunderlord orcs arrive to help in exchange for saving their Bleeding Hollow brothers. Kirin'var humans come to help, too.

---Briefing: "A change of plans"---

We're discussing the assault with the nether dragons in the base, and suddenly a portal appears. Velen and Nobundo come out of it with a load of draenei, and everyone cheers. But they bring bad news. The Illidari have a bigger army of blood elves than we expected, and they're closing in. Soon, they all will be trapped here. They don't have enough troops to retake Tempest Keep, too, since the fortress is heavily guarded.

However, they aren't here without a new plan. One of the four satellites, The Exodar, has living functions inside, which means it could be used as a transport without the rest of the structure.

We'll retake The Exodar, and flee away to Azeroth to recruit those who defeated the Burning Legion twice to the Army of Light.

---Chapter 9: "Final battle at The Exodar"---

The orcs and humans will remain down, distracting the blood elves, while we attack The Exodar. Vargoth and Garm Wolfbrother joke about who's going to kill more.

The dragons leave us at The Exodar, and help us clean the surface. They can't do anymore, so they leave home, with their promise not broken. Leena asks them to help down, but they say that wasn't part of the plan.

We break in, build a base inside (the spaceship is huge) and kill the blood elves. In the end, we successfully retake it, and @@@ (the naaru at The Exodar) takes control and pilots the spaceship away.

---Finale: "A sabotaged victory"---

The orcs and the humans are dying at blood elf hands, but suddenly, the dragons arrive, and burn them all to ashes. In the horizont, they see The Exodar flashing, and they call retreat, covered by dragons.

The camera changes to The Exodar, where we see the naaru driving it successfully, and then the ship flying through space. But now, we see a surviving blood elf, who sabotages some engines, and the ship starts to tremble and move randomly.

At the end, we see Azeroth, and we see The Exodar crashing. Now, we see Kael'thas with Voren'thal and other lieutenants, saying "the plan has suceeded". Finally, we see a crashed Exodar burning.

THE END

Some ideas for the blood elf campaign

recover Ata'mal crystals? give them to the naaru later
reopen Burning Legion portals?

Chapter 1: Start the construction of the Mana Surges
Chapter 2: Destroy Kirin'var village and imprison Vargoth
Chapter 3: Ata'mal Crystal en Netherstorm
Chapter 4: Flashback of the conquest of Tempest Keep <sucks, leave it as in-chapter small cinematic>

Chapter X: Siege of Shattrath

I'm thinking of including the Kurenai somewhere before Terokkar. Also, Leena will meet some orcs at Throne of Elements, between them a link to the Bleeding Hollow refugees (that's why you see Jorin's wtf, when Jorin wasn't named before).

These are some ideas, not definitive yet. Opinions and criticism desired .

Old 08-16-2011, 01:35 AM
Frankyh

Well said, I think. I do not think that justifies the effort to control the publisher because the truth is that I did not so much for the game even more.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:27 AM

Elune

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIP7ruiSTqk

That guys could work with us, I'm not sure.

But yeah, everyone's so busy this is not advancing, and we might even change it to W1 remake.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:43 AM

Hippogryph Rider

OOh I was just going to post that Lon-ami, it is way cool the power of the SC2 editor. I remember being so hyped about it after having so much fun in the WC3 editor; however when it actually came out I ended up beating SC2 once, played a few custom games, and then forgot all about the game due to the lack of fantasy appeal.

Still this video goes to show that import the right assets and the fantasy appeal won't be a problem.
Official Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider Harem member #42

You may call me G.P.A, Great Programmer Alice