Old 10-14-2011, 07:33 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhcpftw View Post
Well?

Me? I'm an atheist.
You know there's no reason to censor your signature, right?
Old 10-14-2011, 07:34 AM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
You know there's no reason to censor your signature, right?
Aye, it's quoted. It was meant to be temporary anyways, can't seem to find something great to write there though.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:35 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Absolutely not... but I'm very well versed in all the mythologies that most modern and ancient faiths are based around.

I identify more as a non militant antitheist, which is a fancy pretentious way of saying that I'm an Athiest who believes that religion as a mass generalization is unhealthy, dangerous and inherently corrupt but I'm not going to go out of my way to rub it in peoples faces.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:37 AM

Elune

I'm religious. And if you try and tell me it's crutch that I use because of some weakness or stupidity I'm trying to hide, I'll hit you so hard in the face your future child's plastic surgeon will never run out of money.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:48 AM

Eternal

I believe religion is unhealthy and ultimately corrupt when it's practiced in mass but I don't care enough to try to change other people's opinions, especially since lots of people can get pretty unreasonable when you even politely question their faith.

Quote:
I'm religious. And if you try and tell me it's crutch that I use because of some weakness or stupidity I'm trying to hide, I'll hit you so hard in the face your future child's plastic surgeon will never run out of money.
Not to be that guy but hitting people in the face wouldn't help your argument.

This wouldn't be the first time I ended up in a thong.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:48 AM

World Builder

Runes

I honestly don't know.

I don't have a favorable view of religion but...

As I said, I dunno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8sghAju4EM
Old 10-14-2011, 07:50 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
Not to be that guy but hitting people in the face wouldn't help your argument.
Hey, you only have to turn the other cheek once. Then it's clobberin' time.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:51 AM

Elune

Im atheist.I have nothing against normal religious people,i just hate the fanatics.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:13 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

I appreciate most religions in two capacities- as a fiction and as a philosophy. I may take influence from them but I do not subscribe to all of their beliefs. I wouldn't call myself an "atheist" now, though I definitely did when I was younger (though for most of my life I've been an agnostic). I'm really a humanist, I guess you could say- I can see an important spiritual or metaphorical, ephemeral worth in humanity and see no need for gods. Unless, of course, humans become those gods.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:15 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

I don't simply care about it. Sometimes, during special celebrations, I go to church, but more because of tradition rather than faith. Christmas morning, special days, weddings... when the grandma is around, most of the times. I find it boring as hell except during celebrations, when it's nice to attend.

However, I believe people must learn local religion, no matter their beliefs, just because it's an important part of our historical background. I learned it and I'm fine with it. Without it I wouldn't understand the roots of my society.

Also, I appreciate the work the church does to society by helping ONGs and taking care about the poor people. Most people don't see this, but the church is pretty much behind all social stuff.

I hate zealots on both sides, both those that want to force their interpretations of the bible because they're right and those that want to see all churches burned because they feel they want to brainwash society. Both are retards.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 10-14-2011, 08:21 AM

Priestess of the Moon

i am agnostic. if there is god. so be it. if there isn't well so be it. i can't be certain of either so i don't hassle my brain with religion.

what i can't stand is if people force others to their beliefs. a few days ago some people i work with were talking. one of em said that her friend is stupid because he doesn't believe in god but in science. she as were some others were very vehement in forcing their children into their religion. they shouldn't have a choice they said but have to accept their parents beliefs.

now i never heard such ignorant stuff regarding religion.

i can't prove my own existence so why should i try to believe in something so esoteric. i can't be sure if even i exist so my thought system is hard enough as it is...
Old 10-14-2011, 08:26 AM

Site Staff - News
BattleTag: Greyhame#1747

Best way to describe my current belief is agnostic.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:30 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Falarson#1968

Sorry to say this, but the only reasonable way to think is that there's no God until proven otherwise. We don't say there MAY be a Tooth Fairy. We just say there isn't one because it doesn't make a lot of sense or it's not in line with what we know of the universe.

I can't stand religious people (and yes, this makes my everyday life a little harder, but I try to avoid the subject unless I'm in the mood for some trolling). 80.6% of the population here is Catholic.

However, I really don't go as far as insulting people for their beliefs. I can't really wrap my mind around believing in a God, mostly because I never did, so if you have any questions to an individual who never truly believed in a God, go ahead.

Yes, I went to church when I was a child, but only because they had free food and a nice Science & Tech class on Saturdays (which now I find ironic, because they actually taught us about Dinosaurs and some basic experiments like the vinegar volcano and such).

RIP Ronnie James Dio (1942 - 2010)

Long live Rock n' Roll!

Last edited by Falarson; 10-14-2011 at 08:34 AM..
Old 10-14-2011, 08:33 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
one of em said that her friend is stupid because he doesn't believe in god but in science.
Poeple like that need to die in a fire.Let people believe what they want.

Last edited by SmokeBlader; 10-14-2011 at 08:35 AM..
Old 10-14-2011, 08:52 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
and thats something i won't ever think. i think most of the people i deal with in my life are retarded bastards. i megaloath them all.

but i would never wish harm upon them.

i may not be religious but i have a belief: everyman is capable of good and everyone should be capable of being good to each other.

they don't have to. above everything i say everyone has to right to act as he wants to. even if he acts like a jerk he has to right to do so. but i always hope for the best in everyone to shine.

Sorry to say this, but the only reasonable way to think is that there's no God until proven otherwise.
sadly there are maybe 2 people in my life that act such. about everyone else is a moron.

a year ago i was very down and depressive just about the fact that 95% of people are jerks and hypocrits no matter what they believe in or not believe.

Quote:
Sorry to say this, but the only reasonable way to think is that there's no God until proven otherwise.
Sorry to say this, but the only reasonable way to think is that there just "the thought" until proven otherwise.

so even believing in the laws of physics is irrational. thus everyone is entitled to believe in what they want coz there belief system is just as unproven as anyone elses

Last edited by oblivion; 10-14-2011 at 08:54 AM..
Old 10-14-2011, 08:53 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumShadow843 View Post
I love the ironic hypocrisy in this post.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:54 AM

Elune

I mostly subscribe to deism.

Edit:

I also find parascience and parapsychology to be fascinating studies as well as the study of NDE's.

Last edited by Lord Grimtale; 10-14-2011 at 08:59 AM..
Old 10-14-2011, 08:56 AM

Elune

Quote:
I love the ironic hypocrisy in this post.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:03 AM

Sentinel Queen

I'm pagan. I don't subscribe to any established "official" religion because people tend to ruin everything (What Jesus taught, fantastic! What people did with it on the leadership level, pure evil.) but I am highly spiritual. I just kind of do what works for me and base my own spirituality off of my personal experience with the divine.

I don't expect people to share that exact experience so being atheist is pretty reasonable if you've never felt a definite divine presence in your life.

My fanfiction: Straydog Saga / Coldnose: COTFT / Imajin That! / Mortally Wounded
Old 10-14-2011, 09:13 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Sounds like something the Prince of Peace could get behind.
The mirror is warm and perfect, the reflection has no warbles, the form stays true when you move. But as Harry gazes, the mirror activates his magic eye to reveal a secret image. 'Oh, my God! Could it be? Are those my parents?' Harry asks. Harry knows they are dead, but could Heaven be here in this cold, cold reflection? The parents seem to animate and respond, 'This is Heaven's entrance.' His mother, she is beautiful. The guy, he seems pretty cool, too. He reaches out to feel the blue face of his world's perimeter. He wonders what it would be like, what it would have been, if these people would have remained. Harry feels his trapezius along in time with his mother. 'This is mine', they both say in scary, scary unison.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:15 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
You people really suck at the Internet.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:17 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
"No, wait... let me mock your silly Christianity and call it false, and then insist that I know Jesus better than you do and remind you that you need to roll over and just peacefully absorb my attacks."
Old 10-14-2011, 09:19 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
"No, wait... let me mock your silly Christianity and call it false, and then insist that I know Jesus better than you do and remind you that you need to roll over and just peacefully absorb my attacks."
Didn't you hear, Bolvar. We Christians are supposed to be quiet little whipping boys, taking the blows and insults in stride because that's what Jesus would do.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:19 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
i megaloath them all.
awesome!

I believe in a higher power, I don't think whoever it is gives 2 shits about humanity however.

I also am pretty sure it's an alien.

Tags
i don't eat pork, jesus is disappoint, judging you, serious business, too rare to die, too weird to live