Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 04-25-2012, 05:22 PM

Elune

Default Legacy of the Masters

Quote:
The Council of Six Daggers

The pages within contain the story of the six master warlock trainers who unlocked the secrets of the most destructive forces to ever threaten Azeroth.

This rare alliance resulted in the new magics which were unleashed to all Warlock sects after The Cataclysm.

In the wake of The Cataclysm, the rising tensions between The Horde and Alliance have driven the greatest heroes of Azeroth to train for war. Warriors have readied their war banners. The Death Knights of Acherus have learned to control the Undead and it is even said the mages are researching ways to undo time itself.

Word of these new threats compelled the Warlocks to action. Convening in shadows, a council of six fought about what must be done to ensure the supremacy of their order, after several nights of blame, bickering, and signed beareds, the human Warlock Kanrethad spoke out:

" The relentless darkness which bathed Azeroth has been pushed back. Cho'Gall is slain and the remnants of the Twilight's Hammer cult have been scattered. Ragnaros is defeated and his armies forced back into the Firelands. Deathwing lies torn apart and his twilight drakes obliterated. However, the powers they commanded are not so easily forgotten... powers untapped and ripe for the taking."

"In fact, among us now stands several who have faced their power firsthand." He said, pointing at a hooded figure across the room. A deep, sinister laugh echoed through the room as his hood burst into flames and burned away to reveal the orc enchanted, Ritssyn.

"It is true, pink skin, I was there when the Firelord was vanquished. The intensity of his flame was unlike anything you can imagine." the burning glow of Ritssyn's eyes cast eerie shadows over his burn-scarred face and thick-tusked grin.

"Untrue." spat a sharp, feminine voice, Shinfel. A Blood Elf adorned with sharp spikes of twilight elementium glared across the table, "Until you've been a prisoner within your own mind you know nothing of horror." Shinfel's blood had been corrupted during the fight with Cho'gall and her arms were now covered in black marks left behind by the corruption that had erupted from her skin. The experience had only served to increase the intensity of her sadism. Shinfel continued, "Even the Firelord's flames were overshadowed by the raw chaos unleashed by the Destroyer." She paused a moment and glanced to a Worgen who remained eerily silent. Zinnin had been present when Deathing was unmade and had not spoken a word since. Zinnin's eyes narrowed for a moment, then snarled at Ritssyn.

Kanrethad stood up from the table and took a deep breath. "This is exactly why we are here. I have no love for any of you, but we each bore witness to pieces of even greater power. Imagine - if we fused the molten fury of the Firelands with the unstoppable chaos of Deathwing, even the powers of the burning legion could not hold a candle to our flames!"

Ritssyn kicked his boots upon the table and snickered. "And just who would do this? You?" he spat. "I think not. You haven't been seen in battle since the siege of the Black Temple. If it weren't for having shared the secrets of Illidan's transformation with this council, I would kill you just for having the audacity of summoning me."

Kanrethad's lips pursed for a moment, but he relaxed and continued. "No, the scope of this task exceeds the capabilities of any single member here. I propose this council split into pairs. Ritssyn and Zinnin would lead a group into Sulfuras. Similarly, Shinfel and Zelfrax would hunt down the remaining members of the Twilight's Hammer cult and ... persuade them to share what they learned."

A pock-faced Gnome applauded with mirthful glee. Kanrethad continued, "then we return... one year from now and take the results of our expeditions back to our own sects. More powerful than we would have been alone."

Ritssyn frowned as he saw the greed drown out in the Human's words dance across the council's faces, "And what would keep us from simply killing our partner in their sleep once it was a success?"

Kanrethad's brow furrowed and he growled, "Which is why we swear that if any member of this council breaks the contract and fails to return or returns alone, the others shall strike them down and banish their soul forever. We either succeed together or die alone."

Ritssyn knew at that moment there was no turning back. To decline was to invite his own death, and Kanrethad had seen to that already. He could defeat the human singlehandedly, but against all five? No. Not now... but after learning the secrets of the destroyer that zinnin held...

"Fine. I can play along with your fool's errand. But first I must know, where will you and that miserable forsake Jubeka be going?"

"Me?" spoke Kanrethad with a wicked grin, "Why I'm returning... to Outland."
Taken from an in game book in the beta.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:27 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 04-25-2012, 05:31 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: mjbmitch#1158

May I ask where you found the book?
Old 04-25-2012, 05:32 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbmitch View Post
May I ask where you found the book?
The Slaughtered Lamb, on the tables downstairs.

And I didn't find it. Not in beta. Just a few people are reporting it on the forums.

http://i.imgur.com/N5xyh.jpg
Old 04-25-2012, 05:35 PM

Eternal

Intriguing.

Maybe a way to setup Illidan's return?
Old 04-25-2012, 05:37 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Intriguing.

Well, apparently there are some pools in Pandaland that transfer life from one person to the other....
Old 04-25-2012, 05:37 PM

Priestess of the Moon

...I now want to make a warlock. Really, really bad. Shit, that's an awesome concept. A group of warlocks who use deciet, backstabbing and politicking to trade in the darkest magic. Cool name, too.

"Icrecrown: I hear the natives can be real liches..."
Old 04-25-2012, 05:39 PM

Arch-Druid

The characters in the book are referenced in several new warlock spells through quotes, too! I believe this is hinting at something in the future.

EDIT: Notice it's part one; I'll get on the beta and check around the other race's warlock trainers.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:41 PM

The eyeconic Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Intriguing.

:|
Because they're heading to Outland? The place that is crawling with demons you can rip secrets from?

I hope not
"My brain has been removed from my body by fissions so adroit that it would be crude to call the operation surgery. The visiting beings have methods which make these extractions easy and almost normal—and one’s body never ages when the brain is out of it. The brain, I may add, is virtually immortal with its mechanical faculties and a limited nourishment supplied by occasional changes of the preserving fluid."

Eternal

Quote:
The characters in the book are referenced in several new warlock spells through quotes, too! I believe this is hinting at something in the future.

EDIT: Notice it's part one; I'll get on the beta and check around the other race's warlock trainers.
I'm in the process of doing that myself. First I checked through the crypts beneath the Stormwind trainers, nothing new there. Well, there are two more copies of volume 1 down at the bottom, but nothign else.

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

So who are the Six Daggers?

Orc-Ritssyn
Blood Elf-Shinfel
Gnome-Zelfrax
Worgen-Zinnin
Human-Kanrethad
Forsaken-Jubeka

Each seem to be a leader of a sect.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:42 PM

Elune

So, they mentioned 5/6 right? The belf, orc, human, gnome and worgen
"D'ya think that thing wanted to be an animal? No dogs make it a thousand miles through the cold! No, you don't understand! That thing wanted to be US! If a cell gets out, it could imitate everything on the FACE OF THE EARTH! AAAAND NOTHING can stop it!"
Old 04-25-2012, 05:44 PM

Arch-Druid

The spells they are referenced from:

Soul Link: "The strongest of bonds is one which shares pain and pleasure equally." - Kanrethad
Sacrificial Pact: "Let someone else pay the price of your recklessness." - Zelfrax
Dark Bargain: "All debts must be repaid... eventually." - Shinfel
Blood Fear: "If I"m bleeding, you'd better be running." - Jubeka
Burning Rush: "Run, run or you'll be well done!" - Zinnin
Unbound Will: "I will not be stopped - be it by Human, Dragon or Titan." - Ritssyn

There is an additional quote from someone else:

Flames of A'lar: "The flames can be unleashed to destroy life or reignite it." - Master Kwaa

EDIT: Notice that "Master Kwaa" doesn't just says Kwaa, but Master Kwaa...
Old 04-25-2012, 05:44 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
So who are the Six Daggers?

Orc-Ritssyn
Blood Elf-Shinfel
Gnome-Zelfrax
Worgen-Zinnin
Human-Kanrethad
Forsaken-Jubeka

Each seem to be a leader of a sect.
On a whim, I looked up some of them on Wowhead.

There've been items with Ritssyn's name on them since Vanilla. The demon (looks like a gargoyle) you fight to cleanse Witch Hill in Dustwallow is named Zelfrax. There's an orc npc named Kanrethad <Master of Death>.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:45 PM

Elune

I'm not 100% sure as I haven't kept up on my warlock, but these are names from the community. I know Ritssyn is an old timer. He used to post with the vanilla PvP set.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:46 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
I'm not 100% sure as I haven't kept up on my warlock, but these are names from the community. I know Ritssyn is an old timer. He used to post with the vanilla PvP set.
Well that would jive with what I found, then. They do name some stuff after some people.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:47 PM

Arch-Druid

Kanrethad used to actually give out the quest that would allow players to become Death Knights using a level 55+ character; in addition, it seems to have the very first quest ID:
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=1
Old 04-25-2012, 05:56 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

I love the fact that the Human is using his racial skill
Old 04-25-2012, 06:08 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Very very interesting...

Flock to what you love; love what you flock to
Old 04-25-2012, 06:11 PM

Eternal

This is pretty awesome, I think Ritssyn is my new favorite orc.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:14 PM

The eyeconic Titleless

Quote:
Nisstyr was the guildleader of Nurfed.

Quote:
Flames of A'lar: "The flames can be unleashed to destroy life or reignite it." - Master Kwaa

EDIT: Notice that "Master Kwaa" doesn't just says Kwaa, but Master Kwaa...
Well, that's his name
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stakwaa/simple
"My brain has been removed from my body by fissions so adroit that it would be crude to call the operation surgery. The visiting beings have methods which make these extractions easy and almost normal—and one’s body never ages when the brain is out of it. The brain, I may add, is virtually immortal with its mechanical faculties and a limited nourishment supplied by occasional changes of the preserving fluid."
Old 04-25-2012, 06:17 PM

Elune

I'm rather surprised they didn't bring in Edy, Masso, or Fallenman. Though I guess the names really don't fit Warcraft.

But most of all... No Kralnor?
Old 04-25-2012, 06:19 PM

Eternal

Seems kind of strange, but I can dig it. Hope there is more. Also, is the orc the lvl 90 warlock who is inside the building in Strand of the ancients? I remember far sighting over it one time and saw a lvl 90 or warlock npc in the wall near the top.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:25 PM

The eyeconic Titleless

Quote:
I'm rather surprised they didn't bring in Edy, Masso, or Fallenman. Though I guess the names really don't fit Warcraft.

But most of all... No Kralnor?
Kralnor got a few easter eggs:
http://www.wowpedia.org/Kralnor
Old 04-25-2012, 06:26 PM

Elune

It's times like these that I do not regret that my only other 85 is a Warlock.