Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 04-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Ganishka Ganishka is offline

Eternal
Ganishka's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In a nice, warm, padded room
Posts: 4,430
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Default

I just hope that Glyph of Verdant Spheres makes it through Beta.
__________________
"Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning."
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Shadowsong Shadowsong is offline

Arch-Druid
Shadowsong's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,152

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
I just hope that Glyph of Verdant Spheres makes it through Beta.
Wow, just looked it up and it looks awesome. Really looks like they are giving warlocks a lot of love with the class changes, lore, that glyph+glyph of Nightmares. Makes sense given that they are the least played class in Cataclysm.
__________________
Expac ideas: War for Argus, Fury of the Tides

Last edited by Shadowsong; 04-25-2012 at 09:14 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-25-2012, 09:12 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,587

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
Wow, just looked it up and it looks awesome. Really looks like they are giving warlocks a lot of lore with the class changes, lore, that glyph+glyph of Nightmares. Makes sense given that they are the least played class in Cataclysm.
Still rooting for Demo Tanks.

A new PH model was given last build, and Glyph of DH was bumped back up to10%.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-25-2012, 09:15 PM
Shadowsong Shadowsong is offline

Arch-Druid
Shadowsong's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,152

Default

Ah yeah, I was so happy when I saw those demo tank MoP videos. Very tempted to make a warlock my main now with the new changes, them becoming tanks would cement it.
__________________
Expac ideas: War for Argus, Fury of the Tides
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-25-2012, 09:17 PM
Anasterian Anasterian is offline

Arch-Druid
Anasterian's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,773

Default

Yes! Warlock tanks are something I'd definitely try out. Been leveling one recently just to try something new.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
I'm developing a really weird aversion to the color red...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,069

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
I don't really buy the whole "everyone does everything" argument. It feels like a way to weasel out of giving a definitive answer.
A definitive answer isn't needed, because it says more about your desire to have one faction or another be responsible when the game suggests something different. A multi-factional force can be seen parachuting out of the skyship. I think it's safe to say that both factions were crucial parts of Demon Soul and defeating Deathwing, especially since game mechanics prevent actual cross-factional forces from forming.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,587

Default

I don't think the racial representatives are indicative of faction victories in the raid instances. Illidan was helmed by the Naaru. Cho'DaddyG was probably bi-faction, considering he seemed to be attacking both in TH. Rags was definitely bi-faction, as was Deathwing.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Ganishka Ganishka is offline

Eternal
Ganishka's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In a nice, warm, padded room
Posts: 4,430
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
I don't think the racial representatives are indicative of faction victories in the raid instances. Illidan was helmed by the Naaru. Cho'DaddyG was probably bi-faction, considering he seemed to be attacking both in TH. Rags was definitely bi-faction, as was Deathwing.
"Cho'DaddyG"? HAHAHAHAHA!
__________________
"Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning."
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Frostwolf Frostwolf is offline

Elune
Frostwolf's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5,374

Default

Why am I not surprised that Vyrin's first post in this thread is faction tally bullshit.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Erthad Erthad is offline

Elune
Erthad's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stromgarde
Posts: 8,820
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Crossed Swords (War2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmictimelion View Post
Stuff.
No need to bait him. It's only going to destroy the thread.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 04-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,587

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
No need to bait him. It's only going to destroy the thread.
I think the sig does that more than anything else could..
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04-26-2012, 01:49 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Apocrypha
Posts: 21,118

Default New Warlock Lore

Yes yes, i took it from the story forums, shame on me. I think it's pretty good if you ask me.

Quote:
There's a new book located in Orgrimmar near the warlock trainers.

With the help of Fallensaint and Aethilus over at MMO-Champ, here's a transcript.

Legacy of the Masters (Part 1)
Quote:
The Council of Six Daggers

The pages within contain the story of the six master warlock trainers who unlocked the secrets of the most destructive forces to ever threaten Azeroth.

This rare alliance resulted in the new magics which were unleashed to all Warlock sects after The Cataclysm.

In the wake of The Cataclysm, the rising tensions between The Horde and Alliance have driven the greatest heroes of Azeroth to train for war. Warriors have readied their war banners. The Death Knights of Acherus have learned to control the Undead and it is even said the mages are researching ways to undo time itself.

Word of these new threats compelled the Warlocks to action. Convening in shadows, a council of six fought about what must be done to ensure the supremacy of their order, after several nights of blame, bickering, and signed beareds, the human Warlock Kanrethad spoke out:

" The relentless darkness which bathed Azeroth has been pushed back. Cho'Gall is slain and the remnants of the Twilight's Hammer cult have been scattered. Ragnaros is defeated and his armies forced back into the Firelands. Deathwing lies torn apart and his twilight drakes obliterated. However, the powers they commanded are not so easily forgotten... powers untapped and ripe for the taking."

"In fact, among us now stands several who have faced their power firsthand." He said, pointing at a hooded figure across the room. A deep, sinister laugh echoed through the room as his hood burst into flames and burned away to reveal the orc enchanted, Ritssyn.

"It is true, pink skin, I was there when the Firelord was vanquished. The intensity of his flame was unlike anything you can imagine." the burning glow of Ritssyn's eyes cast eerie shadows over his burn-scarred face and thick-tusked grin.

"Untrue." spat a sharp, feminine voice, Shinfel. A Blood Elf adorned with sharp spikes of twilight elementium glared across the table, "Until you've been a prisoner within your own mind you know nothing of horror." Shinfel's blood had been corrupted during the fight with Cho'gall and her arms were now covered in black marks left behind by the corruption that had erupted from her skin. The experience had only served to increase the intensity of her sadism. Shinfel continued, "Even the Firelord's flames were overshadowed by the raw chaos unleashed by the Destroyer." She paused a moment and glanced to a Worgen who remained eerily silent. Zinnin had been present when Deathing was unmade and had not spoken a word since. Zinnin's eyes narrowed for a moment, then snarled at Ritssyn.

Kanrethad stood up from the table and took a deep breath. "This is exactly why we are here. I have no love for any of you, but we each bore witness to pieces of even greater power. Imagine - if we fused the molten fury of the Firelands with the unstoppable chaos of Deathwing, even the powers of the burning legion could not hold a candle to our flames!"

Ritssyn kicked his boots upon the table and snickered. "And just who would do this? You?" he spat. "I think not. You haven't been seen in battle since the siege of the Black Temple. If it weren't for having shared the secrets of Illidan's transformation with this council, I would kill you just for having the audacity of summoning me."

Kanrethad's lips pursed for a moment, but he relaxed and continued. "No, the scope of this task exceeds the capabilities of any single member here. I propose this council split into pairs. Ritssyn and Zinnin would lead a group into Sulfuras. Similarly, Shinfel and Zelfrax would hunt down the remaining members of the Twilight's Hammer cult and ... persuade them to share what they learned."

A pock-faced Gnome applauded with mirthful glee. Kanrethad continued, "then we return... one year from now and take the results of our expeditions back to our own sects. More powerful than we would have been alone."

Ritssyn frowned as he saw the greed drown out in the Human's words dance across the council's faces, "And what would keep us from simply killing our partner in their sleep once it was a success?"

Kanrethad's brow furrowed and he growled, "Which is why we swear that if any member of this council breaks the contract and fails to return or returns alone, the others shall strike them down and banish their soul forever. We either succeed together or die alone."

Ritssyn knew at that moment there was no turning back. To decline was to invite his own death, and Kanrethad had seen to that already. He could defeat the human singlehandedly, but against all five? No. Not now... but after learning the secrets of the destroyer that zinnin held...

"Fine. I can play along with your fool's errand. But first I must know, where will you and that miserable forsake Jubeka be going?"

"Me?" spoke Kanrethad with a wicked grin, "Why I'm returning... to Outland."
__________________

Last edited by SmokeBlader; 04-26-2012 at 01:52 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-26-2012, 01:54 AM
Porimlys Porimlys is online now

Elune
Porimlys's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 9,327
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Default

I hate to be "That guy", but there's already a thread about this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04-26-2012, 01:54 AM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 17,197

Default

Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-26-2012, 01:55 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Apocrypha
Posts: 21,118

Default

*sigh* I should have checked out at first. I apologize
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04-26-2012, 02:05 AM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,069

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
I hate to be "That guy", but there's already a thread about this.
No you don't. Admit it. You love being "that guy."
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 04-26-2012, 02:21 AM
Jon Targaryen Jon Targaryen is offline

Arch-Druid
Jon Targaryen's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,016

Default

So we have the Orc and Worgen checking out the Firelands (Destruction), the Belf and Gnome investigating the Twilight's Hammer (Affliction) and the Human and Forsaken exploring Outland (Demonology).

Not they way I'd have assigned the racial distribution but it's interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 04-26-2012, 02:52 AM
Gortrash Gortrash is online now

Eternal
Gortrash's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,373

Default

Who wrote this? Seems awfully... "fanfic-y" to me.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 04-26-2012, 03:18 AM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 8,678
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

I like it, blizz should do more of this stuff!
__________________

"We drank, we fought - he made his ancestors proud!"
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 04-26-2012, 03:50 AM
RobLore RobLore is offline

Eternal
RobLore's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sweden!
Posts: 4,147

Default

Warlock legendary inc?

but we just had 4.2 staff
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 04-26-2012, 03:57 AM
Odok Odok is offline

Arch-Druid
Odok's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,618
BattleTag: Odok#1101

Default

Actually, I think Mage would be a great class to add a similar book to, since they've gotten their fair share of "stolen" spells in the past and some new ones in MoP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
I say we drop the topic or move it to an appropriate thread.

Anyhow, that emphasis on revisiting Outland is interesting to me. They seem to be revisiting the demon magic behind Illidan's transformation in order to do... something.
I just took it as a nod to the final Warlock talent tier.
__________________


"Winter Wolves" has earned the achievement [Classy Worgen]!
[Guild] [Odok]: wtf we're horde
[Guild] <GM>: doesn't matter. All worgen are classy.



Head Canon: The Deathwing Gambit
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 04-26-2012, 04:05 AM
Lowtide Lowtide is offline

The eyeconic Titleless
Lowtide's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,004

Default

And the Glyph of Demonhunting.
As Illidan was a Demonhunter.
__________________

"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 04-26-2012, 04:13 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Apocrypha
Posts: 21,118

Default

Quote:
then we return... one year from now
Next expansion hint ? Maybe they open a portal to Argus ! I hope...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 04-26-2012, 04:21 AM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Elune
GenyaArikado's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 9,375

Default

I hope they dont, i mean like, Azshara is destined to do that, its in the Bible and stuff.
__________________
Wrong and Exquisite
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 04-26-2012, 04:56 AM
Lon-ami Lon-ami is offline

Elune
Lon-ami's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 11,787
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
Quote:
The Council of Six Daggers

The pages within contain the story of the six master warlock trainers who unlocked the secrets of the most destructive forces to ever threaten Azeroth.

This rare alliance resulted in the new magics which were unleashed to all Warlock sects after The Cataclysm.

In the wake of The Cataclysm, the rising tensions between The Horde and Alliance have driven the greatest heroes of Azeroth to train for war. Warriors have readied their war banners. The Death Knights of Acherus have learned to control the Undead and it is even said the mages are researching ways to undo time itself.

Word of these new threats compelled the Warlocks to action. Convening in shadows, a council of six fought about what must be done to ensure the supremacy of their order, after several nights of blame, bickering, and signed beareds, the human Warlock Kanrethad spoke out:

" The relentless darkness which bathed Azeroth has been pushed back. Cho'Gall is slain and the remnants of the Twilight's Hammer cult have been scattered. Ragnaros is defeated and his armies forced back into the Firelands. Deathwing lies torn apart and his twilight drakes obliterated. However, the powers they commanded are not so easily forgotten... powers untapped and ripe for the taking."

"In fact, among us now stands several who have faced their power firsthand." He said, pointing at a hooded figure across the room. A deep, sinister laugh echoed through the room as his hood burst into flames and burned away to reveal the orc enchanted, Ritssyn.

"It is true, pink skin, I was there when the Firelord was vanquished. The intensity of his flame was unlike anything you can imagine." the burning glow of Ritssyn's eyes cast eerie shadows over his burn-scarred face and thick-tusked grin.

"Untrue." spat a sharp, feminine voice, Shinfel. A Blood Elf adorned with sharp spikes of twilight elementium glared across the table, "Until you've been a prisoner within your own mind you know nothing of horror." Shinfel's blood had been corrupted during the fight with Cho'gall and her arms were now covered in black marks left behind by the corruption that had erupted from her skin. The experience had only served to increase the intensity of her sadism. Shinfel continued, "Even the Firelord's flames were overshadowed by the raw chaos unleashed by the Destroyer." She paused a moment and glanced to a Worgen who remained eerily silent. Zinnin had been present when Deathing was unmade and had not spoken a word since. Zinnin's eyes narrowed for a moment, then snarled at Ritssyn.

Kanrethad stood up from the table and took a deep breath. "This is exactly why we are here. I have no love for any of you, but we each bore witness to pieces of even greater power. Imagine - if we fused the molten fury of the Firelands with the unstoppable chaos of Deathwing, even the powers of the burning legion could not hold a candle to our flames!"

Ritssyn kicked his boots upon the table and snickered. "And just who would do this? You?" he spat. "I think not. You haven't been seen in battle since the siege of the Black Temple. If it weren't for having shared the secrets of Illidan's transformation with this council, I would kill you just for having the audacity of summoning me."

Kanrethad's lips pursed for a moment, but he relaxed and continued. "No, the scope of this task exceeds the capabilities of any single member here. I propose this council split into pairs. Ritssyn and Zinnin would lead a group into Sulfuras. Similarly, Shinfel and Zelfrax would hunt down the remaining members of the Twilight's Hammer cult and ... persuade them to share what they learned."

A pock-faced Gnome applauded with mirthful glee. Kanrethad continued, "then we return... one year from now and take the results of our expeditions back to our own sects. More powerful than we would have been alone."

Ritssyn frowned as he saw the greed drown out in the Human's words dance across the council's faces, "And what would keep us from simply killing our partner in their sleep once it was a success?"

Kanrethad's brow furrowed and he growled, "Which is why we swear that if any member of this council breaks the contract and fails to return or returns alone, the others shall strike them down and banish their soul forever. We either succeed together or die alone."

Ritssyn knew at that moment there was no turning back. To decline was to invite his own death, and Kanrethad had seen to that already. He could defeat the human singlehandedly, but against all five? No. Not now... but after learning the secrets of the destroyer that zinnin held...

"Fine. I can play along with your fool's errand. But first I must know, where will you and that miserable forsake Jubeka be going?"

"Me?" spoke Kanrethad with a wicked grin, "Why I'm returning... to Outland."
Taken from an in game book in the beta.
Fucking awesome, but 6 is an overused number. 8 could have been better .
__________________


Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.