Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 04-24-2012, 02:14 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

We used to trap them when I was kids. They have a fondness for suburban garbage. So, we'd place a brick and a chicken leg in the bottom of an empty garbage can.

The brick would keep the 'coon from tipping the can over. He'd get in, but wouldn't be able to get out. Then it was pretty much fish in a barrel with a .38 special varmint load.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:40 PM

The eyeconic Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
There are raccoons all over my neighborhood and I live in New York.

Granted, I live near one of the larger parks in the city, but still. And I was under the impression that Raccoons were a pretty big problem as an invasive species in Germany.
Maybe. Never heard of or seen one in the southern reaches though. Bet our ticks take care of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Oh man, consider yourself lucky. I constantly have to deal with racoons having violence orgies right out side my bedroom window. They are noisy horrible creatures that scavenge the filthiest of garbage. Sure they look at you with big doe eyes but thats only to lull you into a false sense of security. Once they realize you are not taking out the trash, they come to understand you are of meat and blood. More and more show up and you are left running for your life from the horrible beasts. Their hideous garbage rich maw gnashing for your flesh.
Like martens? Those buggers are noisy as hell when mating. And bite through one or two brake hoses in my neighborhood every few months.
"My brain has been removed from my body by fissions so adroit that it would be crude to call the operation surgery. The visiting beings have methods which make these extractions easy and almost normal—and one’s body never ages when the brain is out of it. The brain, I may add, is virtually immortal with its mechanical faculties and a limited nourishment supplied by occasional changes of the preserving fluid."
Old 04-24-2012, 02:47 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
Maybe. Never heard of or seen one in the southern reaches though. Bet our ticks take care of em
"Nazi Raccoon's lurking across the channel!" and other British Tabloid headlines.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:50 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbmitch View Post
Wyrxian of Blizzard posted this on the forums.

Source: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523213648#20

What's retconned? The meeting the troll leaders had before patch 4.1 took place on Zandalar Isle.

I AM NOW AWESOME! ZANDALARI FACT CHECKER!
Bad! Different isles, man >_<.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Remember that weird zone that was found via glitching through the floor of the Scarlet Monastery. It was a large flat plane covered in troll ruins and large text saying things like "Jungle Zone A" and "Area B". It sounds like an early Zandalar that might be divided into a mini-continent ala Vashj'ir.

Between Blizzard saying they wanted more Molten Front style daily quest areas, and just how involved the Zandalari appear to be be in the overall Pandaria storyline via their ties to the mogu, I'd say its likely we'll see Zandalar as a patched in daily area/dungeon/raid hub thingy.
It's not Zandalar FFS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
I thought it was Yojamba Isle.
Technically it seems to be it.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Last edited by Lon-ami; 04-24-2012 at 02:54 PM..
Old 04-24-2012, 04:06 PM

The eyeconic Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunn View Post
"Nazi Raccoon's lurking across the channel!" and other British Tabloid headlines.
I like ya
"My brain has been removed from my body by fissions so adroit that it would be crude to call the operation surgery. The visiting beings have methods which make these extractions easy and almost normal—and one’s body never ages when the brain is out of it. The brain, I may add, is virtually immortal with its mechanical faculties and a limited nourishment supplied by occasional changes of the preserving fluid."
Old 04-25-2012, 04:59 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: mjbmitch#1158

Quote:
Remember that weird zone that was found via glitching through the floor of the Scarlet Monastery. It was a large flat plane covered in troll ruins and large text saying things like "Jungle Zone A" and "Area B". It sounds like an early Zandalar that might be divided into a mini-continent ala Vashj'ir.

Between Blizzard saying they wanted more Molten Front style daily quest areas, and just how involved the Zandalari appear to be be in the overall Pandaria storyline via their ties to the mogu, I'd say its likely we'll see Zandalar as a patched in daily area/dungeon/raid hub thingy.
Can you elaborate on where you found that?
Old 04-25-2012, 05:04 PM

Trade Baroness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbmitch View Post
Can you elaborate on where you found that?
http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/04/03/mi...th-scarlet-h/2
Old 04-25-2012, 07:58 PM

Ashbringer
BattleTag: Montoya#1769

Quote:

interesting...
Montoya = Tauren Arms/Prot Warrior
Felbane = Blood Elf Demo/Destro Warlock
Old 04-26-2012, 05:38 PM

Eternal

ACTUALLY, the meeting in 4.1 was in Stranglethorn vale. Sure they SAY it is Zandalar, but they didn't fool me for a second!

And Racoons are all over pandaria, like Gizmo and socks.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:49 PM

Lord of Time

All this talk of raccoons got me watching red panda videos.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:39 PM

Elune

It's like a big ferret!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:41 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

I've read the some zoologists believe that if we put enough effort into it, red pandas could be domesticated to the same level that dogs and cats are.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:31 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

They already kind of are.

They are a bit more wild and require more training, but having them as pets isn't unheard of. Just expensive.

I'd have a bunch if I could.

I'd train them to rob banks.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:54 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded Chikn View Post
They already kind of are.

They are a bit more wild and require more training, but having them as pets isn't unheard of. Just expensive.

I'd have a bunch if I could.

I'd train them to rob banks.
Or to do this:

Old 04-27-2012, 03:55 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Odok#1101

Quote:

Somehow I doubt we'll be going to Zandalar in MoP. We'll almost certainly have some contact with the Zandalari, but their home island is likely off limits for now. Zul and pals are being set up as Big Bads and would be a big chunk of content should the Great Sea expansion still happen. And considering Blizzard doesn't really want us banding together against PvE content anytime soon, fighting two armies at once (from each faction's perspective) is a good way to provide that PvE content in a "PvP atmosphere."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
For playing a fantasy game, some of you have a really withered imagination.