Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #251  
Old 04-28-2012, 02:41 AM
Porimlys Porimlys is offline

Elune
Porimlys's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 9,355
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Leave it to Joss Whedon
Nuff said
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 04-28-2012, 06:40 AM
Falarson Falarson is offline

Arch-Druid
Falarson's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Asunción, Paraguay
Posts: 1,898
BattleTag: Falarson#1968

Default

The thing with Thor is that his biggest moment was the Thunderstorm atop Stark Tower killing the Chitauri coming out of the portal, but that wasn't badass. It was powerful, but didn't felt like something amazing. Every other time he just goes generic or get beaten up. I raged when Hulk ninja'ed Tony Stark from him after the A-bomb exploded.

In short, Thor didn't had any "special" moment in the movie like the other heros.

Oh, and who makes an Avengers movie and doesn't put the "Avengers Assemble!" classic motto in it?
__________________

RIP Ronnie James Dio (1942 - 2010)

Long live Rock n' Roll!
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 04-28-2012, 08:12 AM
spidey1980 spidey1980 is offline

Arch-Druid
spidey1980's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,251

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kike-Scott View Post
The thing with Thor is that his biggest moment was the Thunderstorm atop Stark Tower killing the Chitauri coming out of the portal, but that wasn't badass. It was powerful, but didn't felt like something amazing.
Then I don't know what else he could have done that would amaze you.
Besides reducing New York to rubble with a single blow from Mjölnir, that is.

I mean, this isn't Jotunheim. Dude's got to restrain himself.

What he brought to the table was his emotional connection to Loki. And they played that angle quite well.

Last edited by spidey1980; 04-28-2012 at 08:14 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 04-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Falarson Falarson is offline

Arch-Druid
Falarson's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Asunción, Paraguay
Posts: 1,898
BattleTag: Falarson#1968

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Then I don't know what else he could have done that would amaze you.
Besides reducing New York to rubble with a single blow from Mjölnir, that is.

I mean, this isn't Jotunheim. Dude's got to restrain himself.

What he brought to the table was his emotional connection to Loki. And they played that angle quite well.
Yeah. I think that was my main problem with the movie. Thor really doesn't show off when he's outside of the Nine Realms (excluding Midgard, d'uh). Thor needed more "badassery" in my opinion, but that's it. I think they watered down that aspect of him intentionally, first, because people would've complained if he was the one to beat up Loki all the time AGAIN, and second, because they needed to show off the rest of the cast too.

I never liked movieverse Thor anyway.

Now, to talk about something different: Hulk was awesome. Can't really say anything bad about the character or Mark Rufallo.

Maria Hill was kind of a waste. She was there only for eye candy. Not gonna complain, though. I've had a huge crush for Cobie Smulders since forever.

Cap could've used some more screen time, but he was pretty solid, alongside Iron Man, who was all kinds of awesome. Loved the AC/DC intro, people applauded at that scene in my theather.

In general it was a great movie, but I wanna watch it again as soon as possible. I think the main problem I had with it had to do with the crowd in the cinema. I went there with a good 50+ acquaitances from the geek scene there, since I was there with some people filming for a YouTube podcast we have. Most people knew how much I like Thor, so they picked on me everytime someting happened to him. It was kinda funny. Having a whole theather saying stuff to you in the middle of an awesome movie and all the like.
__________________

RIP Ronnie James Dio (1942 - 2010)

Long live Rock n' Roll!
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:36 AM
spidey1980 spidey1980 is offline

Arch-Druid
spidey1980's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,251

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kike-Scott View Post
Now, to talk about something different: Hulk was awesome. Can't really say anything bad about the character or Mark Rufallo.
I couldn't agree more. By far the best cinema-Hulk we've seen up to now.

Quote:
Maria Hill was kind of a waste. She was there only for eye candy. Not gonna complain, though. I've had a huge crush for Cobie Smulders since forever.
Well her character was just being introduced, i guess. What with a certain job opening that SHIELD now has. Pretty sure, she's gonna take over.
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Slowpokeking
Guest
Posts: n/a

Default

You guys already watched the Avengers?
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:52 AM
spidey1980 spidey1980 is offline

Arch-Druid
spidey1980's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,251

Default

Yes. It opened on the 26th in Germany.
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 04-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Slowpokeking
Guest
Posts: n/a

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Yes. It opened on the 26th in Germany.
The villain is just Loki?
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 04-28-2012, 02:01 PM
spidey1980 spidey1980 is offline

Arch-Druid
spidey1980's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,251

Default

Yes. Plus his alien army.
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 04-28-2012, 02:23 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Apocrypha
Posts: 21,379

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
The villain is just Loki?
Wanna know how it ends ?

Credits show up. Ba Dum Tss!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old 04-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Slowpokeking
Guest
Posts: n/a

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Wanna know how it ends ?

Credits show up. Ba Dum Tss!
No, but I prefer use a bunch of villains to fight the heroes and more drama can be created(especially betrayal).
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 04-28-2012, 03:53 PM
spidey1980 spidey1980 is offline

Arch-Druid
spidey1980's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,251

Default

There's more than enough drama as it is. No additional villains needed.
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 04-29-2012, 07:09 AM
Ku'ja Ku'ja is online now

Elune
Ku'ja's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cumbria, England !!
Posts: 7,419
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Default

The Avengers is the best superhero movie i have ever seen... Holy crap was it epic and whoever went on about Thor in this movie being poor he was fine.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 04-29-2012, 07:56 AM
Falarson Falarson is offline

Arch-Druid
Falarson's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Asunción, Paraguay
Posts: 1,898
BattleTag: Falarson#1968

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
The Avengers is the best superhero movie i have ever seen... Holy crap was it epic and whoever went on about Thor in this movie being poor he was fine.
As soon as I can assemble with some friends I'll go watch it again so I can calm down my Thor fanboyism. Or come with 10x rage.
__________________

RIP Ronnie James Dio (1942 - 2010)

Long live Rock n' Roll!
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 04-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Shaman Shaman is online now

Site Staff - Moderator
Shaman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pangea
Posts: 8,588

Default

Ultimate Thor would have been cooler to see on screen (with the better costume). That angry anti-American activist Thor by Mark Millar. But then again if they went with that one then they wouldn't really have time to show the high fantasy origin story set in Asgard in his own movie. The cinematic Thor doesn't really feel like a real person in the same way that Tony Stark does, he just speaks rather pompously every now and then, but whatever because it's still a good movie.
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 04-29-2012, 12:35 PM
AndyJP AndyJP is offline

Eternal
AndyJP's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,984
BattleTag: AndyJP#1205
Send a message via AIM to AndyJP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kike-Scott View Post
As soon as I can assemble with some friends I'll go watch it again so I can calm down my Thor fanboyism. Or come with 10x rage.
What you did there, I saw it.
__________________
...as some ancient astronauts theorists believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus
AndyJP is indisputably superior to me in every way.
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 05-01-2012, 02:33 AM
Porimlys Porimlys is offline

Elune
Porimlys's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 9,355
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Default



__________________
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 05-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Slowpokeking
Guest
Posts: n/a

Default

Watched Spiderman 3 on TV, yeah it didn't manage 3 villains well, but the ending is pretty good. Too bad Kingpin and Carnage didn't show up in the 3 movies and now they are gonna reboot it.
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 05-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Chef Chef is offline

Arch-Druid
Chef's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Your kitchen
Posts: 1,848

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Watched Spiderman 3 on TV, yeah it didn't manage 3 villains well, but the ending is pretty good. Too bad Kingpin and Carnage didn't show up in the 3 movies and now they are gonna reboot it.
The movie had lots of potential but failed because it tried to please everyone. Sam Raimi wanted Sandman to be in it, everyone begged for Venom, and it made sense to have a New Goblin from Spider-Man 2's ending.
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 05-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 29,418
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
The movie had lots of potential but failed because it tried to please everyone. Sam Raimi wanted Sandman to be in it, everyone begged for Venom, and it made sense to have a New Goblin from Spider-Man 2's ending.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #271  
Old 05-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Chef Chef is offline

Arch-Druid
Chef's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Your kitchen
Posts: 1,848

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post


By the way, since when did SoL have a YouTube tag?
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 05-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Ku'ja Ku'ja is online now

Elune
Ku'ja's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cumbria, England !!
Posts: 7,419
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Default

I am looking forward to the new Spider-man films.. Do not even mention having so many Villains in it at the same time (unless they are actually working together of course). A good example would be if they had Kingpin in it and he had Rhino attack Spider-man.

I just hope it follows the comic more after seeing how successful the Avengers etc is (maybe give us a teaser at the end of the movie to).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 05-22-2012, 01:35 PM
Slowpokeking
Guest
Posts: n/a

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
I am looking forward to the new Spider-man films.. Do not even mention having so many Villains in it at the same time (unless they are actually working together of course). A good example would be if they had Kingpin in it and he had Rhino attack Spider-man.

I just hope it follows the comic more after seeing how successful the Avengers etc is (maybe give us a teaser at the end of the movie to).
I think Carnage should show up in the future.
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 05-22-2012, 02:47 PM
Porimlys Porimlys is offline

Elune
Porimlys's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 9,355
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
The movie had lots of potential but failed because it tried to please everyone. Sam Raimi wanted Sandman to be in it, everyone begged for Venom, and it made sense to have a New Goblin from Spider-Man 2's ending.
It's a pity because I love how Sam Raimi treated the first two Spider-Man movies.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 05-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Rotal Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 8,275

Default

Bah. Don't mention Movie_Venom. He was a whiney bitch. Also you couldn't really pull off Carnage with a childfriendly rating.


Oh.
And fuck Reboots and fuck the design of the Lizard. He doesn't even seem to have a proper snout
__________________

Quote:
Would you rather have a new raid or a new raid?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
batman, dc comics, entertainment, kid stuff, superman

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.