Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #651  
Old 05-01-2012, 03:26 AM
Magistrix Verdande Magistrix Verdande is offline

Elune
Magistrix Verdande's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 10,482
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimtale View Post
I'm rather skeptical of the validity of most articles published by people, that includes ones that Bolvar brings here as well.

Some things are very laden with propaganda to push for an agenda that isn't completely necessary. You basically kinda proved his other point that this is more against Christianity, rather than against the fact that some people are just fucked up and devoid of all rationality.
While true, this particular site at least attempts to source most of its claims.

So to the sources themselves, well, that's up to each and everyone to individually validate or dismiss at their discretion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordragon View Post
If Bolvar doesn't believe that Christian Males are the privileged class in America, I dont know what to tell him. You have to provide more than "my book tells me so" when you are trying to push your agenda on others if you're a Muslim or Jewish or anything else.
You forgot caucasian. Caucasian, christian males.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Pratchett
Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Reply With Quote
  #652  
Old 05-01-2012, 05:30 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 25,098

Default

Yay let's go to the church and sing a shitty song ! This was used as a promotion for a church in Chicago. Who the hell is supposed to find this entertaining ?
Reply With Quote
  #653  
Old 05-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 18,604

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordragon View Post
If Bolvar doesn't believe that Christian Males are the privileged class in America, I dont know what to tell him. You have to provide more than "my book tells me so" when you are trying to push your agenda on others if you're a Muslim or Jewish or anything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
You forgot caucasian. Caucasian, christian males.
You forgot heterosexual. And, really, Jews probably qualify as well.

And you might as well toss in "Republican" for good measure.

Republican white judeo-christian heterosexual males are the only people that it's politically correct to make fun of these days. Everyone else is a special minority protected class, and speaking any ill of them is a hate crime.
Reply With Quote
  #654  
Old 05-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Saranus Saranus is offline

Eternal
Saranus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,987

Default

__________________
But lo! out from his manly pap, he produces the most powerful baby in the universe. Dumbledore accepts the swaddled child like the delicate button of an atomic bomb. His bowels tense. No false moves here. Hardcastle McCormick pleads with Dumbledore not to go through with the plan. What plan, you ask? Well, they are going to leave this veritable weapon of the gods, this paradox of baby-ness and power, right here, on a frickin' Muggle's doorstep!
Reply With Quote
  #655  
Old 05-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Timolas Timolas is offline


Timolas's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Malta
Posts: 12,454
Send a message via MSN to Timolas

Default

X_x
__________________
There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man.
Reply With Quote
  #656  
Old 05-01-2012, 11:49 AM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is online now

Elune
GenyaArikado's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10,121

Default

Protestants deserve to be laughed at. I mean like, who the fuck prays like that?



(baby i was born this WAAAAAAAY)


Catholics all the way.
__________________
That's why I'm The Queen.
Reply With Quote
  #657  
Old 05-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 18,626

Default

They're possessed! Hurry, call the Ghostbusters!
Reply With Quote
  #658  
Old 05-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 18,604

Default

Clearly, we need a ruling on whether or not Asian Christians are fair game or fall under minority protection...
Reply With Quote
  #659  
Old 05-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Timolas Timolas is offline


Timolas's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Malta
Posts: 12,454
Send a message via MSN to Timolas

Default

Asian Christians are pretty hardcore weird.

When in Israel, I went to St. Peter of Gallicantu where there is a cave/prison where Jesus was supposedly held before execution. The Asian Christians gathered in there and began to WAIL and WAIL and FUSS as part of this little sermon they were having. I left feeling very embarrassed.
__________________
There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man.
Reply With Quote
  #660  
Old 05-01-2012, 12:21 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is online now

Elune
GenyaArikado's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10,121

Default

They dont deserve it. They were praying to God to stop the Born This Way Ball because Lady Gaga is the devil and is is spreading homosexuality/pornography. How dumb is that, she is not spreading fucking homosexuality/pornography
__________________
That's why I'm The Queen.
Reply With Quote
  #661  
Old 05-01-2012, 12:23 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 25,098

Default

For christians everything strange is spreading satanism and homosexuality.
Reply With Quote
  #662  
Old 05-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Frostwolf Frostwolf is offline

Elune
Frostwolf's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5,951

Default

I saw that video of Savage talking about bullying and shit.

You know what? I'm not Christian. I haven't been Christian for a long time. I think the Bible is filled with bullshit. (as I also think the Quran and Torah are)

I was still upset at what he did. Why? Because he's an insensitive faggot who thinks it's cool to shit on other people's beliefs. I agree with a lot of what Bolvar is saying. (Except the part about Jews. They're a protected minority. It's not PC to pick on them.) It is politically correct to make fun of white Christian males, though. And that's fucking bullshit. Suck on this privilege, nerd.

edit:

And you know what? I'm willing to bet the majority of those kids who walked out never bullied a gay kid. Sure, they might believe being gay is wrong, but this was in Chicago, wasn't it? I'm pretty sure a lot of those kids were "liberal" Christians, to begin with. All he's doing is being a hypocritical douche and breeding more hate. Fuck him and fuck people like him.

And you know, I was raised Christian. Protestant, actually. I was subject to a lot of things being bashed ITT. Wailing, speaking in tongues, jumping up and down, etc. Yeah, it's ridiculous, as I believe all religion is. But you know what? After I got out of my angsty teen atheist phase, I stopped giving a fuck about it and moved on with my life. Grow up.

Last edited by Frostwolf; 05-01-2012 at 12:52 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #663  
Old 05-01-2012, 12:52 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is online now

Elune
GenyaArikado's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10,121

Default

No, you can make fun of the females too


"Jews killed Jesus"? I mean like, its right, but I doubt the website is about that exactly
__________________
That's why I'm The Queen.
Reply With Quote
  #664  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 30,935
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Lady Gaga is a female?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #665  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:05 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is online now

Elune
GenyaArikado's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10,121

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Lady Gaga is a female?
She is a multidimensional self-fertilizing breeding machine.
__________________
That's why I'm The Queen.
Reply With Quote
  #666  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 30,935
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
She is a multidimensional self-fertilizing breeding machine.
Not a gender-dysmorphic bigenitalian pansexualle?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #667  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 18,604

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmictimelion View Post
I saw that video of Savage talking about bullying and shit.

You know what? I'm not Christian. I haven't been Christian for a long time. I think the Bible is filled with bullshit. (as I also think the Quran and Torah are)

I was still upset at what he did. Why? Because he's an insensitive faggot who thinks it's cool to shit on other people's beliefs. I agree with a lot of what Bolvar is saying. (Except the part about Jews. They're a protected minority. It's not PC to pick on them.) It is politically correct to make fun of white Christian males, though. And that's fucking bullshit. Suck on this privilege, nerd.

edit:

And you know what? I'm willing to bet the majority of those kids who walked out never bullied a gay kid. Sure, they might believe being gay is wrong, but this was in Chicago, wasn't it? I'm pretty sure a lot of those kids were "liberal" Christians, to begin with. All he's doing is being a hypocritical douche and breeding more hate. Fuck him and fuck people like him.

And you know, I was raised Christian. Protestant, actually. I was subject to a lot of things being bashed ITT. Wailing, speaking in tongues, jumping up and down, etc. Yeah, it's ridiculous, as I believe all religion is. But you know what? After I got out of my angsty teen atheist phase, I stopped giving a fuck about it and moved on with my life. Grow up.
We agree on something.

Not that your atheist ass is buying, but I'm pretty sure that's a sign of the apocalypse.
Reply With Quote
  #668  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:21 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 25,098

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
No, you can make fun of the females too


"Jews killed Jesus"? I mean like, its right, but I doubt the website is about that exactly
Sometimes i wish i can bash these people's heads against a brick wall.
Reply With Quote
  #669  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 18,604

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Sometimes i wish i can bash these people's heads against a brick wall.
That's sort of the point.

They're a cult of attorneys. You get pissed and commit an act of physical violence against them. They sue you for damages, to the point of bankruptcy. More importantly, they sue the city for not providing adequate protection while they were simply exercising their right to free speech.

If the city denies them the right to picket and protest, they sue as well.

That's pretty much how Westboro Baptist makes a living.
Reply With Quote
  #670  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:33 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 25,098

Default

What pisses me off is these are the same people who would burn you at the stake if they could. Just because of their caveman beliefs.
Reply With Quote
  #671  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 18,604

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
What pisses me off is these are the same people who would burn you at the stake if they could. Just because of their caveman beliefs.
They don't really believe anything. They're in it for the money.
Reply With Quote
  #672  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:40 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 25,098

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
They don't really believe anything. They're in it for the money.
Only the leader. The rest are just mindless robots.
Reply With Quote
  #673  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 18,604

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Only the leader. The rest are just mindless robots.
That's sort of how a cult works.

And, actually, Phelps has sent a number of his kids to law school. It's not just one guy running the operation there. He's raised a team of lawyers to keep the operation going well after he's gone.
Reply With Quote
  #674  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 30,935
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
That's sort of the point.

They're a cult of attorneys. You get pissed and commit an act of physical violence against them. They sue you for damages, to the point of bankruptcy. More importantly, they sue the city for not providing adequate protection while they were simply exercising their right to free speech.

If the city denies them the right to picket and protest, they sue as well.

That's pretty much how Westboro Baptist makes a living.
Then we should really be able to sue New York for forcing the OWS protestors into pre-designated "free speech zones".


Seriously, that very concept makes my blood boil.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #675  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 18,604

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Then we should really be able to sue New York for forcing the OWS protestors into pre-designated "free speech zones".


Seriously, that very concept makes my blood boil.
I'm sure OWS could, if OWS would get its shit together.

Problem is, they're not organized, and they're not law-abiding or peaceful.

I've always said they need to stop playing the middle of the road - either they go full-bore and make it violent and bloody, or they stick to the letter of the law and stop using their impromptu campsites as places to sell dope, rape women, and crap on police cars.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
i don't eat pork, jesus is disappoint, judging you, serious business, stop posting miffy, stop posting millenia, too rare to die, too weird to live

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.