Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

View Poll Results: Garithos: Great Hero or Greatest Hero?
Great Hero 2 8.33%
Greatest Hero 22 91.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #226  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:49 AM
Kir the Wizard Kir the Wizard is offline

The Sun King
Kir the Wizard's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Donetsk, Occupied Ukraine
Posts: 9,457

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmictimelion View Post
Millenia, what's your opinion on the global lesbian conspiracy to emasculate men by forcing all major media outlets to brainwash the masses into thinking beards are disgusting and should be shaved?
But Soldrethar was much more easily defined by his strawman arguments about two kids playing with Transformers, one of which had a generic toy and the other one had a unique Transformer made of shit. One kid was then playing it cool, and the other one was speaking in all caps in some LOLZ language.
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:52 AM
Yuber8900 Yuber8900 is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Yuber8900's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,640

Default

I think I could strain together gibberish more sensical than this direction.
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 05-01-2012, 07:01 AM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,013
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

Oh, for the person who wanted to know why I thought the Scarlet Crusade was a joke, look at this. Probably not the most eloquent of posts, but...

Edit: The demo wants me to install the CNet installer. I don't know if I want it on my computer.

Thoughts?
__________________
"All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in."


The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.

Last edited by Millenia; 05-01-2012 at 07:04 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 05-01-2012, 07:06 AM
Valius Valius is offline

Chimaera
Valius's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 251
Send a message via MSN to Valius

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
Oh, for the person who wanted to know why I thought the Scarlet Crusade was a joke, look at this. Probably not the most eloquent of posts, but...

All i got out of that was, he was mad that the Scarlet Crusaders were turning into crazed zealots. Doesn't really look constructive to me.
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 05-01-2012, 07:07 AM
Mechahunter Mechahunter is offline

Huntress
Mechahunter's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Swiss
Posts: 46

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
Oh, for the person who wanted to know why I thought the Scarlet Crusade was a joke, look at this. Probably not the most eloquent of posts, but...

Edit: The demo wants me to install the CNet installer. I don't know if I want it on my computer.

Thoughts?
Well they do make fine loot pinatas. I am still waiting for them to drop this baby:
Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old 05-01-2012, 08:34 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 24,693

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechahunter View Post
Well they do make fine loot pinatas. I am still waiting for them to drop this baby:
You mean this baby:


I hope they include the new Tabard into the new SC loot table. The current Tabard can't compete with the one you posted.
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 05-01-2012, 08:35 AM
Ku'ja Ku'ja is offline

Elune
Ku'ja's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cumbria, England !!
Posts: 7,609
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
You mean this baby:


I hope they include the new Tabard into the new SC loot table. The current Tabard can't compete with the one you posted.
I hope they add new stuff because i went back and got all of the old gear and tabards on my Hunter . Lets hope they stay unique !
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 05-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Grunn Grunn is offline

Arch-Druid
Grunn's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,525

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
Oh, for the person who wanted to know why I thought the Scarlet Crusade was a joke, look at this. Probably not the most eloquent of posts, but...

Edit: The demo wants me to install the CNet installer. I don't know if I want it on my computer.

Thoughts?
All I'm reading in that post is "I'm mad that I picked to RP a crazy zealot and they turned out more crazy but less zealous than I liked, also I'm butthurt that the Light isn't the ultimate GOOD force for GOOD GUYS even though I'm roleplaying one the posterboys for http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...LightIsNotGood"

Remember the crusade was dark evil and hostile to you the player from the moment they were introduced, so whining that "Blizzard ruined the scarlet crusade" is revisionist history.
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 05-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Valius Valius is offline

Chimaera
Valius's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 251
Send a message via MSN to Valius

Default

/shrug I understand about the Light turning into energy part but it just kind of went into non constructive.
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 05-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 29,759
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunn View Post
All I'm reading in that post is "I'm mad that I picked to RP a crazy zealot and they turned out more crazy but less zealous than I liked, also I'm butthurt that the Light isn't the ultimate GOOD force for GOOD GUYS even though I'm roleplaying one the posterboys for http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...LightIsNotGood"

Remember the crusade was dark evil and hostile to you the player from the moment they were introduced, so whining that "Blizzard ruined the scarlet crusade" is revisionist history.
I stopped reading the second he referred to the Scarlet Crusade as "us".


It's a pet peeve of mine, but it shows how disattached some RPers and superfans can be from reality. No matter how much you like a fictional group or faction, you're not one of them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 05-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 8,223
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I stopped reading the second he referred to the Scarlet Crusade as "us".


It's a pet peeve of mine, but it shows how disattached some RPers and superfans can be from reality. No matter how much you like a fictional group or faction, you're not one of them.
Admit it, you just hate first person narative... and why wouldn't you.

I'm kinda pissed that I can't use my full scarlet set for transmogging my Paladin because its fucking mail. I'm personally hoping that they add a new Plate of the Scarlet Crusade and other in theme gear. My unrealistic hope is that they add some brand new Scarlet gear with higher poly counts and non pixely skins.
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 05-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Grunn Grunn is offline

Arch-Druid
Grunn's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,525

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Admit it, you just hate first person narative... and why wouldn't you.

I'm kinda pissed that I can't use my full scarlet set for transmogging my Paladin because its fucking mail. I'm personally hoping that they add a new Plate of the Scarlet Crusade and other in theme gear. My unrealistic hope is that they add some brand new Scarlet gear with higher poly counts and non pixely skins.
http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...14:12409:23192

Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,013
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunn View Post

Remember the crusade was dark evil and hostile to you the player from the moment they were introduced,
Nope, you're wrong. At least for Alliance.
__________________
"All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in."


The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Erthad Erthad is offline

Elune
Erthad's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stromgarde
Posts: 8,929
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Crossed Swords (War2)

Most Scarlet NPCs in the Alliance were used to establish the Scarlets as enemies.
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Apophis Apophis is offline

Arch-Druid
Apophis's Avatar
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Arkham City
Posts: 1,260
BattleTag: Apophis#2440

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
Nope, you're wrong. At least for Alliance.
I don't know if you read the quest descriptions of the quests that one of those scarlet guys give you but it leads to this quest for the alliance:

"I once served the Scarlet Crusade with honor, loyalty and pride. I believed their cause to be a noble one: to rid Azeroth of the undead.

But as I spent time at the Monastery in Tirisfal Glades I realized that their grasp on reality was slipping. They now think everyone is plagued who doesn't wear the tabard of the Crusade. Innocent men and women were tortured because they were supposedly plagued.

The Scarlet Crusade must be crushed in the name of the Light. You, <name>, must destroy the deranged regime."

Sounds kinda evil to me.
Reply With Quote
  #241  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Grunn Grunn is offline

Arch-Druid
Grunn's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,525

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
Nope, you're wrong. At least for Alliance.
Then 2 quests later you found out you had been misled and they were in actual fact a bunch of nutters.
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,013
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunn View Post
Then 2 quests later you found out you had been misled and they were in actual fact a bunch of nutters.
Yes, but it contradicts your specific wording of "from the moment they were introduced".

And yeah, I know, Apophis. I did the quests.
__________________
"All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in."


The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Grunn Grunn is offline

Arch-Druid
Grunn's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,525

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
Yes, but it contradicts your specific wording of "from the moment they were introduced".

And yeah, I know, Apophis. I did the quests.
I think you can forgive me for thinking that two zones worth of questing and two instances outweighs the minor quibble that you spend thirty minutes gametime under the impression you might be on the same side.
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Apophis Apophis is offline

Arch-Druid
Apophis's Avatar
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Arkham City
Posts: 1,260
BattleTag: Apophis#2440

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunn View Post
I think you can forgive me for thinking that two zones worth of questing and two instances outweighs the minor quibble that you spend thirty minutes gametime under the impression you might be on the same side.
I was thinking the same thing.

No matter how you twist and turn it, the scarlets were intended to be seen as hostile/evil, not some misunderstood/redeemable group.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anne are you ok?, are you ok anne?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.