Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 05-03-2012, 05:55 AM

Elune

The cataclysm was merely a setback !
Old 05-03-2012, 05:56 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Retarded storytelling.

But yeah, my personal theory:

The cataclysm's purpose was to break Uldum open and steal the origination device. The plan failed, so they took refuge on Twilight Highlands and tried to hold back while they thought about another plan.

They decided to kill the Dragon Aspects and Thrall, or to control them, by different ways. They failed, and they joined together against them and defeated their forces, even their superweapon Chromatus, making them leave Wyrmrest.

Then for some reason they retook Wyrmrest (I suppose they were planning to recover Chromatus or something) and, when they saw they were being overcame, Deathwing tried to escape, and seeing he couldn't, and that he was going to die, tried to kill everyone with him.

The elementals were just a distraction.
seems alot of effort just to get the re origination device,wasnt the point they took so long was us killing bosses on farm?
Old 05-03-2012, 06:30 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
seems alot of effort just to get the re origination device,wasnt the point they took so long was us killing bosses on farm?
If you have a better explanation, you're welcomed .

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 05-03-2012, 06:39 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne_Neritas View Post

Why would the Titans put a "destroy it all button" based on old god corruption, when the whole reason they didn't destroy the old gods in the first place was because it would end Azeroth?
The Titans thought the Old Gods would be contained, but left behind the reorigination device just in case. Loken's death is basically the trigger that things have gotten out of hand, and Algalon was convinced the same until the players defeat him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne_Neritas View Post
That's the other thing, we know they aren't all corrupted at this point, given races like the red dragons and Draenei, and the Titans already didn't want to destroy the planet. A race as amazing as they, who shape entire worlds and have the most advanced technologies, they'd likely have a system to tell how much corruption is in the varied races.

Not to mention they wouldn't put all their eggs in a basket that could be defeated in combat.
For what it's worth, this is what he says:

"It is in the universe's best interest to re-originate this planet should my analysis find systemic corruption. Do not interfere."

"Analysis complete. There is partial corruption in the planet's life-support systems as well as complete corruption in most of the planet's defense mechanisms."

I suppose in a sense it's kind of like malignant cancer. The Titans thought they could contain the existing tumors with their devices, but thousands of years later they've found the cancer to have grown and spread. In their minds, it would have been best to euthanize the patient. To complete the metaphor, the Emereld Dream is essentially a storage closet that has copies of the patient at a certain point in time.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.

Last edited by Millenia; 05-03-2012 at 06:50 AM..
Old 05-03-2012, 06:41 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
If you have a better explanation, you're welcomed .
wel for starters i d ont think the OGs wanted to wait long after stopping of re origination and seeign that we had downed the lich king and was now throguhly weakened,they siad to their genrals,"right,in such and such time we`re making a power play,your either with us or against us" and with neptulon i presume ashazra took him for his trident that can control the oceans,and therazane was just content to keep her realm in check,after housing dwing for years. obviously dwing wasnt ready,as you can see in the intro the hammer are still fixing him up when he flies out.,the war and destruction of course makes it easy to recruit for the hammer,who also start moving big,with such ploys like making a gate between the elemental realms and uldum(wich means they probobly disabled the feild gemnerator from within) and sdowing agents into the factions(even turning the archbisop of the light). though it began to go off track after the fall of the bastion,so they pu lled out ragnaros,wich also failed,meanwehile the factions caused more suffering with th eir war,wich just m aes the old gods sqee.the nightmare is still there,as we saw with the souther barrens,and nzoth is powerful enough that he can put so much power into dwing when he finally takes full control. and ive proboly missed one or two bits,but i still dont understand thwe twilight realm bit,since twilights are just black drakes with nether drake infusions,
Old 05-03-2012, 07:46 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
wel for starters i d ont think the OGs wanted to wait long after stopping of re origination and seeign that we had downed the lich king and was now throguhly weakened,they siad to their genrals,"right,in such and such time we`re making a power play,your either with us or against us" and with neptulon i presume ashazra took him for his trident that can control the oceans,and therazane was just content to keep her realm in check,after housing dwing for years. obviously dwing wasnt ready,as you can see in the intro the hammer are still fixing him up when he flies out.,the war and destruction of course makes it easy to recruit for the hammer,who also start moving big,with such ploys like making a gate between the elemental realms and uldum(wich means they probobly disabled the feild gemnerator from within) and sdowing agents into the factions(even turning the archbisop of the light). though it began to go off track after the fall of the bastion,so they pu lled out ragnaros,wich also failed,meanwehile the factions caused more suffering with th eir war,wich just m aes the old gods sqee.the nightmare is still there,as we saw with the souther barrens,and nzoth is powerful enough that he can put so much power into dwing when he finally takes full control. and ive proboly missed one or two bits,but i still dont understand thwe twilight realm bit,since twilights are just black drakes with nether drake infusions,
Old 05-03-2012, 07:50 AM

Elune

Female Anatomy.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:22 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Female Anatomy.
the best explaanati on of the cataclysm ever