Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Vil'rexin Vil'rexin is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,497

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimtale View Post
...Huh?
You disappoint me in not getting the reference. Now I might have to kill you first.
__________________
“Popularity, I have always thought, may aptly be compared to a coquette - the more you woo her, the more apt is she to elude your embrace.” - John Tyler
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Royalpimp Royalpimp is offline

Eternal
Royalpimp's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,713

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
I wouldn't compare it to that at all.

And they stand around eachother a lot in wrath. They don't actually communicate much.

In other stuff maybe, but I haven't read it. I didn't get the impression they spoke a great deal in those things, though. Correct me if I'm wrong. (With like... examples, don't just tell me I'm wrong.)
You're wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Sports72Xtrm Sports72Xtrm is offline

Eternal
Sports72Xtrm's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,668

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
I wouldn't compare it to that at all.

And they stand around eachother a lot in wrath. They don't actually communicate much.

In other stuff maybe, but I haven't read it. I didn't get the impression they spoke a great deal in those things, though. Correct me if I'm wrong. (With like... examples, don't just tell me I'm wrong.)
How would you define communicate a lot? I mean I can't give you examples of late night conversations, but in Blood of Our Fathers, she and Benedictus were the only nobles...no "close friends" who were allowed to stay with him and council him about his son when he told everyone to GTFO. She's described in Blood of Our Fathers as "King Wrynn's stuanchest supporter" and descibes Varian as "her friend though he doesn't make it easy". He was the one who confided in Jaina on what to do about political shitstorms in the Shattering novel even if they disagreed on the approach. He even knows about her and Thrall's rendevous and doesn't do a thing about it. They fought side by side together against Onyxia and Putress. And that's just off the top my head. You don't do that with common acquaintances. There's a trust there that's pretty intimate.
__________________
Dis my Jam

Last edited by Sports72Xtrm; 05-04-2012 at 04:17 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Ku'ja Ku'ja is offline

Elune
Ku'ja's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cumbria, England !!
Posts: 7,522
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Ugh. I don't know why this is such a popular idea. They barely interact.

Jaina should hook up with some Theramore noble, and Varian should get a new wife in Stormwind. That makes so much more sense to me than shoving together characters just because they're important.

Like... well this might be an unpopular example, but Thrall with Aggra. That fit really well even if people didn't like how it was handled. She suits him. Or if Garrosh took Zaela as his mate, I think they'd suit eachother too.
I think people like the idea because they hate characters being created for the simple use of being a major characters wife/husband to then just have children and/or die. If Jaina was to get with a Theramore Noble i would be all up for it if he actually gained some characterization and became relevant on his own (same with Varian).

A great way to introduce this Theramore Noble would be with him saving Jaina's life at a point when Theramore gets attacked.
__________________

Last edited by Ku'ja; 05-04-2012 at 04:26 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Aldrius Aldrius is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Aldrius's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,900

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
You're wrong.
Fuck off.

Quote:
How would you define communicate a lot? I mean I can't give you examples of late night conversations, but in Blood of Our Fathers, she and Benedictus were the only nobles...no "close friends" who were allowed to stay with him and council him about his son when he told everyone to GTFO. She's described in Blood of Our Fathers as "King Wrynn's stuanchest supporter" and descibes Varian as "her friend though he doesn't make it easy". He was the one who confided in Jaina on what to do about political shitstorms in the Shattering novel even if they disagreed on the approach. He even knows about her and Thrall's rendevous and doesn't do a thing about it. They fought side by side together against Onyxia and Putress. And that's just off the top my head. You don't do that with common acquaintances. There's a trust there that's pretty intimate.
Sounds more like an informed relationship to me than anything, though. There's very little cause/reason for it and a lot of implication.
__________________
"The Demons did their job well. You creatures are as reckless and bloodthirsty as they ever were."
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Sports72Xtrm Sports72Xtrm is offline

Eternal
Sports72Xtrm's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,668

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Sounds more like an informed relationship to me than anything, though. There's very little cause/reason for it and a lot of implication.
lol ok whatever you say Aldrius
__________________
Dis my Jam
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,954
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

It's only informed if they don't actually do anything with that relationship. But they have hung out a lot.

One doesn't need cause to like another. Plus Jaina did help him get back together with the whole split personality thingamajig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Jaina should hook up with some Theramore noble
Joke's on you! There aren't any nobles* in Theramore!

* Jaina excepted, but she's a more benevolent, less cultish version of Sylvanas anyways.
__________________
"All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in."


The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:39 PM
HalfElfDragon HalfElfDragon is offline

The draconic Titleless - Mod
HalfElfDragon's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 15,509
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
I wouldn't compare it to that at all.

And they stand around eachother a lot in wrath. They don't actually communicate much.

In other stuff maybe, but I haven't read it. I didn't get the impression they spoke a great deal in those things, though. Correct me if I'm wrong. (With like... examples, don't just tell me I'm wrong.)
She helped him, or at least tried to, with his memory loss situation, but there wasn't really much indication that they were close.

Besides, even if they are close that doesn't necessarily mean romantically so.
__________________
Quote:
Lucio Benado be wanting to say, Hey, what's up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 14,931

Default

Quote:
Joke's on you! There aren't any nobles* in Theramore!
And if there are, there won't be for long.

Back on topic regarding Anduin, I don't see how anyone can claim that he isn't neutral after Krasarang questing and knowing that he'll likely be questing with Horde players again in Kun-Lai summit.
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies… strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night… live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.

Last edited by Fojar; 05-04-2012 at 04:49 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 29,576
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ you are a beautiful strong Stormwind King ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no woman ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:59 PM
HalfElfDragon HalfElfDragon is offline

The draconic Titleless - Mod
HalfElfDragon's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 15,509
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Default

Just make Jaina a lesbian and be done with it.
__________________
Quote:
Lucio Benado be wanting to say, Hey, what's up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 05-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 14,931

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Just make Jaina a lesbian and be done with it.
Why can't she be bisexual?

There are lots of fan sources saying that she is.
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies… strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night… live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 05-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 8,102
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Just make Jaina a lesbian and be done with it.
Jaina and Maiev sitting in a tree O M A C R O N I N G.
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 05-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 29,576
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Jaina and Maiev sitting in a tree O M A C R O N I N G.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 05-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Valius Valius is offline

Chimaera
Valius's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 251
Send a message via MSN to Valius

Default

Quote:
back on topic regarding Anduin, I don't see how anyone can claim that he isn't neutral after Krasarang questing and knowing that he'll likely be questing with Horde players again in Kun-Lai summit.


Well it IS Beta so things can change. Either way we have no idea what's going on.
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 05-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,954
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

Jaina x Tess political marriage to bring Thera, er, Kul Tiras and Gilneas closer together!
__________________
"All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in."


The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 05-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Sports72Xtrm Sports72Xtrm is offline

Eternal
Sports72Xtrm's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,668

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Anduin: "I have always heard that the Horde was honorable."





Save it Patty Hearst! I’m not buying any stock home syndrome today thank you!
__________________
Dis my Jam
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 05-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Valius Valius is offline

Chimaera
Valius's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 251
Send a message via MSN to Valius

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post





Save it Patty Hearst! I’m not buying any stock home syndrome today thank you!


Player knowledge=/ Character knowledge. he likely HAS NO IDEA about those said events.
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 05-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,954
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

To be fair in that specific case, Sport, he's saying it to Horde characters. I'd assume it'd be with the same tone as saying "I heard the Horde doesn't practice cannibalism... right?", but I've been too lazy to hear the recording.
__________________
"All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in."


The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 05-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,118

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Which was done by only a small contingent, which prompted Garrosh to promptly admonish them for it as per the Garrosh short story. It's like saying that somehow the looters of Taurajo or the commander who kicked the orc captive blind somehow disproves the commitment to honor held by the Alliance. Wouldn't you agree that it would be ridiculous to hold say that these cases somehow completely means we should throw away the generalizations about the Alliance's moral character?
Reply With Quote
  #221  
Old 05-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Valius Valius is offline

Chimaera
Valius's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 251
Send a message via MSN to Valius

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
To be fair in that specific case, Sport, he's saying it to Horde characters. I'd assume it'd be with the same tone as saying "I heard the Horde doesn't practice cannibalism... right?", but I've been too lazy to hear the recording.


Again, how would he gain that knowledge? Certainly the Horde wouldn't tell him. it's a giant stretch to think he already knows about it. All the characters don't know EVERYTHING that goes on Azeroth. Anduin's not stupid, I'm sure if he learned what the Horde does he would change his tune.


It will be interesting to see how he will react when he sees what the Forsaken do.



Quote:
Which was done by only a small contingent, which prompted Garrosh to promptly admonish them for it as per the Garrosh short story. It's like saying that somehow the looters of Taurajo or the commander who kicked the orc captive blind somehow disproves the commitment to honor held by the Alliance. Wouldn't you agree that it would be ridiculous to hold say that these cases somehow completely means we should throw away the generalizations about the Alliance's moral character?

Agreed, again how would he know about this to.
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 05-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 24,021

Default

Even if he knew about all the wrong doings the horde has ever committed I doubt he'd act any different, trying to appease your captors works better if you want to be kept alive. Would any of you antagonize your captors if you ever get captured/kidnapped? probably not.
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 05-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Valius Valius is offline

Chimaera
Valius's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 251
Send a message via MSN to Valius

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Even if he knew about all the wrong doings the horde has ever committed I doubt he'd act any different, trying to appease your captors works better if you want to be kept alive. Would any of you antagonize your captors if you ever get captured/kidnapped? probably not.

No, I'd probably shut my mouth. Still, what I meant was like after he was free and all that.
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 05-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 24,021

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valius View Post
No, I'd probably shut my mouth. Still, what I meant was like after he was free and all that.
Yeah I'm assuming he says that while captive. If he does not, avoiding conflict with the horde players is still a sound strategy. He's a child while the players are battle hardened veterans. I'd like seeing how his criticizers would act in a similar situation.

Last edited by Nazja; 05-04-2012 at 06:17 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 05-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 14,931

Default

Quote:
It will be interesting to see how he will react when he sees what the Forsaken do.
That would require someone in the Alliance to acknowledge the fact that the Forsaken exist and are committing crimes second only to the Scourges in depravity and not focusing on the Orcs like an entire military alliance of Aspergers sufferers.
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies… strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night… live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anne are you ok?, are you ok anne?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.