Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 05-05-2012, 07:49 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: mjbmitch#1158

Panda Where are Turalyon and Alleria?

The two heroes have been missing since they passed through the Dark Portal on the way to Honor Hold with several other characters, including Khadgar and Danath Trollbane. There have been an increasing number of references to their existance (which they were previously thought of to be deseased), both canonically (Danath Trollbane's dialogue, etc.) and non-canonically (the new loading screen referring to their disappearance, the coins in the Dalaran fountain, etc.). Where do you think they are and will there be a continuation to their story?

Last edited by mjbmitch; 05-05-2012 at 07:59 PM..
Old 05-05-2012, 07:50 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

"Where are", you mean.

And I don't know. Dead, hopefully.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:58 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: mjbmitch#1158

Fuck my life, the title cannot be edited. For now, I mean "Where Is Turalyon and Alleria?"
Old 05-05-2012, 08:07 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Fixed it for you.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:13 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

If I had my way Turalyon and Alleria would be trapped on an alien world, and their presence would eventually lead the natives to Azeroth, for perhaps less than pleasant reasons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 05-05-2012, 08:39 PM

At this point I'd rather they be dead than be subjected to "New Warcraft."
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies… strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night… live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:45 PM

Site Staff - News
BattleTag: Greyhame#1747

Probably somewhere in the greater universe. Maybe on a world connected to Outlands.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:01 PM

Elune
BattleTag: MayhemInc#2519

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
If I had my way Turalyon and Alleria would be trapped on an alien world, and their presence would eventually lead the natives to Azeroth, for perhaps less than pleasant reasons...
Not bad.

I for one would absolutely and unmitigatedly hate it if Turalyon and Alleria returned from their stay in the Twisting Nether/Legion controlled worlds unscathed. Ner'zhul was captured nearly the moment he stepped foot trough one of the portals he opened but to believe that they remained untainted and fighting the good fight for years? No, just no.

I want Alleria to return with green eyes, because she damned straight should be feeling the withdrawal they all did. In fact I want both of them to be either crazed and twisted Burning Legion agents (they by all rights should have been tortured for an impossibly long time, it would break anyone) or dead.
HED's idea isn't bad, not because of Tyr of Alleria but because it involves a 3rd empire that is just like the Horde or Alliance, an empire that wants to fight for its chance for a decent life (or conquest), not an army of demons/undead/nihilists. Something the Zandalari were supposed to be but failed.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:15 PM

Eternal

At this point do we really need another UNLIMITED POOOWAH character?
I mean at this point we have Velen, Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas, Tyrande, Rohnin, Jaina (may change), Anduin, Kadghar, Varian, Tirion and many others who are characters that are (purposfully in some cases *coughthrallcough* ) displayed as unbeatable and chock full of pure power that they can use whenever at little to no cost. These characters, as cool as they are, tend to get boring when they are so powerful that every combat situation they are in is trivial. And, if you look at that list and forgo Sylvanas and Varian, all the characters there have a really obvious "Good guy" persona, which leads to almost boring characters in wartime setting, as they all "fight the good fight" and "triumph over evil".

I think Metzen's good quality and bad quality is that he likes to put what he is interested in at the time in his story. In some cases this is good, but recently, (As in WoW) it seems like he has been watching every super hero movie that has been coming out in the last few years. Comic book super heroes are fun to watch, and can do really cool shit, but when it comes to conflicts, its more of a "lets see how they overcome this conflict", and less "Lets see how the story turns out" Which is what Warcraft 3 was to me.

Take Uther, a heroic paladin from Warcraft 2, a real superhero type man. He gets MURDERED in WC3, which was a real emotional and impacting moment in the franchise. Then in Cataclysm, Thrall gets split into four parts and scattered around the elemental planes. But don't worry, because he survives, and now he is even more invincible (See: charge of the aspects) That event was almost pointless aside from getting Aggra pregnant and attempting to explain the mess that is thrall as the earthwarder.

Turalyon is one of those characters that will no doubt be portrayed as a near god like being with a personality that makes it hard to care about the character (Some may disagree, but I find it hard to care about Thrall, Malfurion, and even Anduin) simply because they are so one sided and "good". Sylvanas may be a bitch, hypocritical, super powered, bitch, superbitch and a bitch, but her story reflects why, and that she needs this strength to simply get through the day.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:43 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

They are hidden away somewhere, pumping out an army of paladin half elf half human children.

Who will be led by Arator, of course.

"You always were a cunning linguist, James"
Old 05-05-2012, 10:02 PM

Elune

Jaina does not belong on the ultimate power list. She couldn't even save those people at the end of Pit of Saron... only the players.

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.

Quote:
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:17 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
Jaina does not belong on the ultimate power list. She couldn't even save those people at the end of Pit of Saron... only the players.
If we're going by that reasoning, then neither do Thrall, Malfurion, or the Dragon Aspects pre-Dragon Soul.

Because somehow, Fandral, Leyara and two or three random Druids of the Flame incapacitated all five of them at the same time without even the element of surprise on their side. Or more to the point, Leyara and the mook druids did so while Fandral - their most powerful member - stood there talking.

(Never mind the bizarre logic behind his not killing the whole lot of them while they were so disabled, which would have won the war for Deathwing.)

The point being, even the most powerful characters in WoW can experience situational helplessness for the sake of creating dramatic tension, even when logically they should be able to deal with the problem without breaking a sweat.

Last edited by ARM3481; 05-05-2012 at 10:23 PM..
Old 05-05-2012, 10:21 PM

Elune

True enough.

Though, I'd give the stuns to Nozdormu because fate, and to Alex because of her likely still recovering from her battle with Deathwing.

Then again, I am reminded of how powerful and evil Jaina likely is.

Still, I do have a problem with Blizzard making humanoids so damn powerful. Most of the time it ends up with them not giving a shit about things they're supposed to give a shit about in order for there to be a story.

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.

Quote:
Old 05-05-2012, 10:28 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
What makes it worse about that ultimate power list, is when they want to put something like all the dragon aspects getting stunned, or jaina only TPing 5 people, it seems almost like backtracking, as they SHOULD have been able to but for some reason didn't.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post

Because somehow, Fandral, Leyara and two or three random Druids of the Flame incapacitated all five of them at the same time without even the element of surprise on their side. Or more to the point, Leyara and the mook druids did so while Fandral - their most powerful member - stood there talking.

(Never mind the bizarre logic behind his not killing the whole lot of them while they were so disabled, which would have won the war for Deathwing.)
I wonder if it wasn't that some part of Fandral regretted the path he took, and thus made him act accordingly. In Charge of the Aspects, Ysera came to the conclusion that the breaking and rebonding of Thrall had actually strengthened him. Maybe that was Fandral's plan all along? 'Eliminate' Thrall in a way that'd get the Twilight's Hammer off his back for a while without killing him or anything, and even maybe makes him stronger?

Quote:
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 05-05-2012, 10:51 PM

Seems odd for him to subsequently get killed in the Firelands raid if that were the case.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies… strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night… live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Seems odd for him to subsequently get killed in the Firelands raid if that were the case.
Suicidal tendencies and/or inconsistency owing to mental illness.

Quote:
Old 05-05-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Suicidal tendencies and/or inconsistency owing to mental illness.
I'm saving this explanation for every time a character does something retarded and/or out of character.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:10 PM

Elune

Funnily enough, the person with the most character consistency was also suicidal and mentally/spiritual ill.... Sylvanas.

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.

Quote:
Old 05-06-2012, 12:23 AM

Eternal

Quote:
I wonder if it wasn't that some part of Fandral regretted the path he took, and thus made him act accordingly. In Charge of the Aspects, Ysera came to the conclusion that the breaking and rebonding of Thrall had actually strengthened him. Maybe that was Fandral's plan all along? 'Eliminate' Thrall in a way that'd get the Twilight's Hammer off his back for a while without killing him or anything, and even maybe makes him stronger?
We may never know, because we unceremoniously killed him. I wish Blizzard did more with EVERY character they have appear in an expansion instead of just 1 or 2 main ones and 5 or 6 supporting ones.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:48 AM

Eternal

Man this is why I hope a future expansion gives us a villain (maybe Sargeras, but I'd prefer Azshara - or hell, someone completely new and unknown) that murders several major of these "ubermensches" in the opening cinematic. No hesitation, no talking or speeches, just cold blooded assassination. Tirion, either Malfurion or Tyrande, a couple of Aspects, Rhonin, either Varian or Thrall. Take your pick. We the players are then forced to step up to the plate as the world reels from the loss. What makes Azeroth "special" among the worlds of the Great Dark are its heroes. That's what previous villains didn't understand. They tried to open portals and create unstoppable armies or blow up the world to finally get a grasp on the planet. A tactical killing of many major heroic figureheads would deal a blow far greater than anything before. Now we don't have Thrall babysitting us.

Of course it'll never happen like that. The butthurt would be immeasurable if people lost their favorite character.
In the next few days, a miraculous event unfolds. Birds from every breed and fashion begin to crowd the Pork 'n' Chips' home with letters addressed to Harry. The uncle is beginning to feel the pressure. Harry, in a spiral of depression, turns to the escape of the world of miniature equine aficionada. He produces many a Wine-out-of-Nowhere Spell and is drunk every day before noon. He is only half-aware of his uncle's battle with the birds. The aviary horde perch on everything perchable, tarping the yard, car, roof and all in hawker-like bird waste and, of course, the letters. Every bird revels in the madness it is inducing on Uncle Saltporker. The house, under drifts of letters, molting, and bird shit, now pushes the uncle to burn anything that is represented on paper.

Last edited by Saranus; 05-06-2012 at 01:52 AM..
Old 05-06-2012, 04:05 AM

Elune

Turalyon and Alleria will be the primary leaders of the Justice League/Army of Light. Just wait. I miss Turalyon...He's one of the original paladins, dammit ! Show some respect
Old 05-06-2012, 04:31 AM

Wisp

Turalyon: Main Quest giver in the main Alliance Camp in the 90 - 91 Zone
Alleria: Main Quest giver in the main Alliance Camp in the 92 - 93 Zone

Just a feeling, but I somehow doubt epicness and badassery will be involved. I was rather disappointed with how Jarod's return was dealt with in WoW (although I liked Wolfheart).
Old 05-06-2012, 07:44 AM

Elune

In the corner of 1st and Amistad.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:23 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankwart View Post
Turalyon: Main Quest giver in the main Alliance Camp in the 90 - 91 Zone
Alleria: Main Quest giver in the main Alliance Camp in the 92 - 93 Zone

Just a feeling, but I somehow doubt epicness and badassery will be involved. I was rather disappointed with how Jarod's return was dealt with in WoW (although I liked Wolfheart).
Well, seeing how Blizzard loves to turn alliance characters neutral, most likely they would be neutral quest givers. Not that I want it to happen, but this is the most likely scenario.
The English, are a strange people, and their general an extraordinary man. They arrive here in the morning, examine the walls, carry them, have killed all the garrison in the place, and have now gone back to breakfast. Who can resist such men as these?

Quote:
Esarus thar no'Darador' - By Blood and Honour We Serve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
Fojar is too old, too male, and too alive for Xilizhra,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilgath View Post
For the vast majority of both casual fans and hardcore fans, that's enough. For Rotal, it's not.

CoD 1 is now CoDimus.